Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2023 10:10 AM
Oct 2017
For real man. Two anime surprised me for their concept ever:
- An isekai before isekai became mainstream
- And this

The isekai then correctly became mainstream as we know but this didn't. I still think this kind of settings have a lot of potential to become a mainstream genre.
By sharing some common element with the isekai (Overpowered harem) plus adding an escaping and surviving plot with a little bit of comedy/crazy stuff mixed with tragedy I think is the perfect recipe for a new popular genre that we haven't seen yet
DijeFeb 14, 2023 10:17 AM
Feb 14, 2023 10:26 AM
Feb 2022
it is intresting before poeple didnt liek this anime know it is slowly become good for me at list it fas the Best fun ever it was so wack i love it
Feb 14, 2023 10:53 AM
Apr 2022
The unfortunate tragedy that befall the author was really the nail in the coffin for the series. It had lots of potential. It could’ve been huge like Date A Live.
Feb 14, 2023 11:31 AM

Jun 2016
It's already part of an established genre: the ...of the Dead things along with Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead and Call of the Dead from Call of Duty.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 14, 2023 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
This abomination of the show should have never even existed. Nothing of value was lost.

Feb 14, 2023 3:41 PM
Dec 2021
isekai no, but a new zombie anime could be lit
Feb 14, 2023 4:58 PM
Jun 2016
most zombie anime I can think of/have seen are comedy about friendly zombie (Is This a Zombie? Zombieland Saga, ZOMB 100, Blood Lad HAD to have had zombie right? etc.) so it would be cool to have another scary suspense escape thriller with real undead
Feb 14, 2023 8:25 PM
Nov 2022
Piromysl said:
This abomination of the show should have never even existed. Nothing of value was lost.

I’m a sucker for zombie shows so I thought the beginning was decent but it was absolutely horrendous after the first few episodes, especially with how much fanservice they threw in.
Feb 14, 2023 9:00 PM
Oct 2020
flaykezz said:
Piromysl said:

I’m a sucker for zombie shows so I thought the beginning was decent but it was absolutely horrendous after the first few episodes, especially with how much fanservice they threw in.

Agreed, it is still my lowest rated anime cause of it, it was so bad
Feb 14, 2023 10:10 PM
Jun 2021
Twicky_ said:
isekai no, but a new zombie anime could be lit

we have the 100 zombie anime whatever coming on July, so imma be waiting for thaf
Feb 15, 2023 12:13 AM
Jul 2022
I don’t think we'll get a new genre name just for some reasons specifically. Couse we have already plenty of genre tags that are covering the mainstream. If a new genre comes up for this kinda anime shows, it will probably go down after sometime, couse other genre like horror, isekai, harem, comedy, slice of life, drama, ecchi, gore, fantasy etc are tagged with this concepts plot and others. Just cool down your brain and think for a bit. Peaple can simply read MAL Rewrite story summery, read the tags and understand what kind of anime it would be. If a new mainstream genre is to come, then peaple will see the genre tag and understand it's accordingly. But I don’t think the new genre would be much of a competent genre with all those famous genres on the list. And furthermore there’s not very much of shows that would hype the new genre. I'm trying to say, due to genre type anime shows shortage the genre will go down and thats why we don’t need a specific nee genre just for some shows like this.
People's reading tags and story / plot summery anyways...

Forgive me for any grammatical mistakes, I'm nit very good at English.
Thanks reading.
Feb 15, 2023 1:09 AM
Oct 2019
flaykezz said:
Piromysl said:

unfair argument considering the history of the illustrator. fanservice is much expected with Sato just like Yabuki.
Feb 15, 2023 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
flaykezz said:
Piromysl said:

Indeed.
I also like zombie apocalypse genre and we literally only have two zombie apocalypse anime. One is mostly CGDCT moeblob (which is still very good by itself), the other is... this thing.
Seriously, watching this 12 episodes of nonstop shit posts, insufferable characters and lowest possible quality fanservice was painful. That matrix boobs scene was so damn cringe, I don't think anything will be able to top it.

Good thing 3rd zombie apocalypse anime is coming this summer.
PiromyslFeb 15, 2023 9:46 AM

Feb 15, 2023 12:05 PM
Nov 2022
I would love to see more shows like this one. One of the best shows ever released.
Feb 15, 2023 12:13 PM
Jan 2023
Dije said:
escaping and surviving plot with a little bit of comedy/crazy stuff mixed with tragedy I think is the perfect recipe for a new popular genre that we haven't seen yet

Facts bro, can't believe people think CSM is pinnacle of innovation/ Hallmark of new genre when this peak exists.
This shit has everything what csm has
•tits and ass
•gore
•comedy
•Action
Aya-nonFeb 15, 2023 12:28 PM
Feb 15, 2023 5:42 PM
May 2020
Aya-non said:
Dije said:
escaping and surviving plot with a little bit of comedy/crazy stuff mixed with tragedy I think is the perfect recipe for a new popular genre that we haven't seen yet

Facts bro, can't believe people think CSM is pinnacle of innovation/ Hallmark of new genre when this peak exists.
•tits and ass
•gore
•comedy
•Action

Except for what the chainsaw man does to actually differentiate itself in shonen: A story
Feb 15, 2023 5:43 PM
May 2020
Nah. It’s literally just the bare basics of Ecchi horror story. In VNs especially this is so common it’s insane. Also, outside of hot women this show has nothing to its name
Feb 15, 2023 5:58 PM

Mar 2013
I'll be honest, I think this series is fine, but the plot has nothing going for me personally. I am not interested in seeing how this series ends because I am not that interested in its characters or their fates. One of the hardest things zombie themed stories have is that zombies in themselves are not compelling antagonists, seeing as zombies are mindless. Hence why nearly every zombie themed show will turn to having human antagonists. This is generic, but fine.

The thing about High School of the Dead for me is that the plot doesn't really have any clear path forward without an antagonist or a special long term end goal, at least in the anime. The latter of which killed Bleach's popularity, mind you, and why I am surprised The Walking Dead is still airing(?). Things just happen, and by the end there is nothing for the viewer to anticipate if they aren't into ass and titties. The problems are present, but the suggested solutions are so vague as to warrant any type of resolution, which in the end invites disinterest.
Feb 20, 2023 12:30 PM

Jan 2021
Streetplosion said:
Aya-non said:

•tits and ass
•gore
•comedy
•Action

Except for what the chainsaw man does to actually differentiate itself in shonen: A story

I mean, Chainsaw Man's story is the same as this one: "random things happen". But this one doesn't try to fake it isn't just random things happening.
Feb 24, 2023 1:23 AM
Feb 2023
Piromysl said:
I really liked the style the characters looked simple but where unique each faced their own problems, the fat guy was picked on but could never do anything about it so he just went along being a nobody till the zombies arrived and he found something that made him different which is guns and how every adult wants to take away the thing that makes him different, Imagine zombies teachers as just metaphor for authority. steve jobs had a famous quote about coffee tables. also Rei is a master manipulator its just overall good show.

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

31 by subhamoy »»
Jun 5, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.