Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2022 4:29 PM
Oct 2021
I finished this season, its an amazing anime, but the end.. i saw the manga in mal, according to the chapters, dont think its really continue the anime.. waht with that? Plz, someone can explain? the ending is really open for so many things
Dec 24, 2022 4:40 PM
May 2021
I hear one of the creators died while being on hiatus 🤔🤷‍♂️
Dec 24, 2022 5:00 PM
Jul 2020
It really IS in a very real way. The original author died a long time ago. I don't know why the series is not designated as "finished" as no new content has come out since that event.

If you don't mind recommendations for a similar series, there's "Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead." It's a show about an overworked salaryman who was so overjoyed about the end of the world by zombie apocalypse that he made a list of stuff he has always wanted to do (but couldn't due to work) and goes on to cross it out before he "eventually becomes a zombie." Very enjoyable, and it is not as ecchi as Highschool of the Dead (don't know how much of a selling point that was for you).

https://myanimelist.net/manga/122392/Zom_100__Zombie_ni_Naru_made_ni_Shitai_100_no_Koto
Dec 24, 2022 6:37 PM
Jan 2020
There are three more volumes and I really recommend reading them, they are pretty cool and actually has character growth. It does end on a cliffhanger tho cuz of what everyone said above but I think it's worth reading the rest.
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Dec 24, 2022 7:30 PM
Apr 2017
The author died and his brother got all the right and authority of the franchise...but doesn't want to cuz' make he remain his dead brother, we hope one day he can continue the anime.
Dec 24, 2022 9:05 PM
Apr 2020
the author passed and his assistants and other people on the project chose to continue triage x rather then hotd
Dec 24, 2022 10:18 PM

Mar 2021
BeowulfTheFoldin said:
the author passed and his assistants and other people on the project chose to continue triage x rather then hotd

The author's brother (who was the artist of the manga) said he chose not to continue as an homage, and I want to believe him on that
Dec 24, 2022 10:54 PM

Jul 2015
Thankfully, there will never be 2nd season of this abomination and nothing of value was lost.

Dec 25, 2022 12:31 AM
Nov 2021
It was terrible anyway. Why waste money and time on continuing this mess? rip author though.
Dec 25, 2022 4:05 AM
Oct 2022
Author was passed away so stopped manga really ended it so forever gone… but I wish more next season but only one season already like it
Dec 25, 2022 4:10 AM
Sep 2016
yes it is Gonzo.... forever in permanent hiatus . sorry but that's life
Dec 25, 2022 6:25 AM
Nov 2022
Yup, we will never see season two. 😭 Nevertheless, we have a season one masterpiece to watch and watch and watch.

This show is boiling hot!
Dec 25, 2022 7:49 AM
May 2021
hellowwloll said:
I finished this season, its an amazing anime, but the end.. i saw the manga in mal, according to the chapters, dont think its really continue the anime.. waht with that? Plz, someone can explain? the ending is really open for so many things

The manga does continue a little bit into the future and gives u a bit more of fulfilling ending but even still the manga itself continues the story but questions bout the zombie problem or why they were around in the first place isn’t solved by the manga end.
Basically definitely read the manga if u enjoyed the show for more content and a better ending. However there is no true final ending and a lot of mystery.
explanation about my opinion on the manga below

Spoilers manga ending
The manga has another small arc in it explaining where they go after the pink hair girls house (sry haven’t seen the anime in a bit and too lazy to find the names) basically going to a grocery store and a mini arc emerges from there. Followed by that they get the opportunity to escape to the military. (My memory is a little bit hazy because I read it awhile ago). A couple chapters of struggles later Then basically they get saved by the military and only the main dude agrees to help the military to get to the bottom of the zombie situation. While everyone else seems to just chill in safety. So pretty much the manga does give you a bit more of a fulfilling ending as it explains what happens to all the characters and that everyone is saved but obviously the part of having a deeper story and side stories and questions between the characters aren’t really there. Read the manga for the content and ur gonna definitely feel more closure but the manga doesn’t cover a lot more content.
And yeah that’s the end of High school of the dead
Kinda ass anyways
Dec 26, 2022 1:24 AM
Aug 2022
creator died like years ago so sadly its not gonna continue imo
Dec 26, 2022 3:01 AM
Mar 2022
As News Says Writer Died and It Was Cancelled
Dec 26, 2022 3:24 AM

Jan 2017
ExiaCAP said:
The author died and his brother
V1P3R0P said:
The author's brother (who was the artist of the manga)

Funny to see that this rumor is still revelant , even 16 years after it began. x)
Actually , they aren't brothers , they just share the same surname.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

» Is Rei a virgin or did she lose it with Hisashi?

JusTFoRTroll - Jul 21, 2014

31 by subhamoy »»
Jun 5, 12:56 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

255 by greed2 »»
May 31, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 8, 2010

491 by Blaybourne »»
May 20, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amphetamine - Jul 4, 2010

1365 by Ksooosavage »»
May 5, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.