Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 24, 2022 1:38 PM
Sep 2014
Good thing this was only just 4 episodes and not a full 12 or 24+ project. I'll be honest, I appreciate the effort and hard work the studio's and producers put in to make this. If this is simply just tool to gauge audience appeal to an all original anime targeted to the wests cable market in my opinion its noble start.
Honestly none of the characters engaged me, or made me curious to know what their deal is to be honest. Khan was cool though.
I guess it's good that this is 4 episodes because this is one of those shows you have to just re watch multiple times to connect the dots similar to Evangelion. The exposition dragged out for way to long, like yeah I understand the premise of the message, yeah I know it's gonna end in an Evangelion fashion, can you wrap it up now? Maybe I'll rewatch it again, but for now I'm good. Hope to see more William Street original animes though.
Oct 24, 2022 2:11 PM
Dec 2018
NoHeart said:
9bakeneko said:
The series wants to evoke the Lovecraftian myths, but I think, it fails:
- It is implied that Kimi is Yog-Sothoth ( represented in the myth by orbs). However, a Lovecraftian god (other than possibly Nyaralthoteph) would not care about humanity / deem humanity worthy of understanding.
https://lovecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Yog-Sothoth

- Elder signs are wards against minions of great old ones or outer gods, but they should not work against cultists.

- The incantation by Khan is for returning ressurected humans to the death, so it seems misplaced.
"OGTHROD AI'F GEB'L-EE'H YOG-SOTHOTH NGAH'NG AI'Y ZHRO"

- Cthulhu is not truly dead, merely dreams according to the myth.
" That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die. "

https://lovecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Cthulhu

Well, Kimi does say that she only cares about eternity and implies she just wanted to experience that time in peace... not that she actually care about human as themselves.

I'm not that versed, so why is the incantation misplaced?

The incantation was used to return humans ressucrrected by spell to "original salts" ( ie. reversing the ressurection spell) in the myth. In the anime it seemed that it was used to dismiss Yog-Sothoth.
Oct 24, 2022 3:31 PM
Sep 2019
Tough to make horror/mystery work with just 4 episodes, but the finale was satisfying in my opinion! And while the rest was fairly generic, the finale was creative, so there's that.
Oct 24, 2022 7:13 PM

Jul 2008
@9bakeneko

Oh! I see. XD
Thank you very much for the explanation. ^-^
My candies:
Oct 24, 2022 9:42 PM
May 2021
My_Own said:
So what conclusion about this anime ?
How Rubel still alive from the disaster while Kimi reset the time ?
Where all Danshi complex ? Have all been killed by Yuri family or missing when Kimi reset the time ?

Yes everyone dead only rubel survived because kimi gave him the stone and said to chant something. Which kept him alive. Kimi was using her time power to keep the place in year 2000 but now she broke her spell and it's not at current timeline which is year 2020 ( as she used her power 20 times so 20 years in future now)
Oct 24, 2022 9:55 PM

Sep 2018
Suffered from a convoluted plot with a ton of boring exposition giving answers, a horrible script with garbage English dub. 4/10.
Oct 24, 2022 10:01 PM

Dec 2021
Apratim said:
My_Own said:
So what conclusion about this anime ?
How Rubel still alive from the disaster while Kimi reset the time ?
Where all Danshi complex ? Have all been killed by Yuri family or missing when Kimi reset the time ?

Yes everyone dead only rubel survived because kimi gave him the stone and said to chant something. Which kept him alive. Kimi was using her time power to keep the place in year 2000 but now she broke her spell and it's not at current timeline which is year 2020 ( as she used her power 20 times so 20 years in future now)

That was Khan. Rubel's fate is never shown.
Oct 24, 2022 10:49 PM

Apr 2008
Alright show, but probably would have been better if they had had more episodes to explain things and not had to rush it all into 4 episodes.

Oct 25, 2022 5:52 AM
May 2021
Gsarthotegga said:
Apratim said:

That was Khan. Rubel's fate is never shown.

Ohh ya my mistake 😂
Oct 26, 2022 12:13 AM

May 2019
Eh, this was a fine anime I suppose but it could've been better. The positives include good character designs, backgrounds, and usage of colors. Also, the OP was good and the ED was exceptionally good. The ending was a little satisfying as there was some closure and Kan was saved.

The negatives include a rushed storyline, some unexplained things that occurred, and the English voice acting was average and sometimes felt exaggerated.

This series could've used a couple more episodes to flesh out the storyline more or perhaps a nonstop 2-hour plus movie. I will admit that I got confused with the rushed storyline but some comments in this forum did help explain what was going on. I give this anime a 6/10. I'm not sure if I'll re-watch once the Japanese voice version is released as unfortunately I feel this series is kind of forgettable and there is so much other anime I haven't seen.
Oct 26, 2022 12:16 PM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
LMAOOO fucking called it on the dad

But I was wrong about Yuri being the other priestess, she turned out to be just another crazy bitch
Anyway this was a huge trainwreck, the dub definitely made it worse but if you don't count that in... it was already pretty bad
Tried to be higurashi so hard

Oct 26, 2022 6:54 PM

Jun 2014
What a genuinely awful show.
Oct 28, 2022 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
This entire series felt like a bad Stephen King novel adaptation.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 30, 2022 1:24 AM

Apr 2022
Lowkey has to be one of the worst finales I've seen for any show. Literally, half of it was just boring infodumping. Not to mention, the twist came out of nowhere, we don't get a glimpse into the character's motivations, and furthermore, it makes no sense.
Nov 8, 2022 7:24 PM

Apr 2016
What the actual fuck was this?
Nov 11, 2022 7:28 AM

Mar 2009
I tuned in the next Saturday after episode 4 and quickly realized it was only 4 episodes. Couldn't believe it really. What a bizarre mess of a show. Downright racist at times too.
Nov 23, 2022 12:07 PM

Sep 2014
wtf. this was awful.
Dec 10, 2022 6:14 AM

Sep 2021
I think it was okay. The massive lore dump with all those similar-sounding names and changing names confused the heck out of me though... It kinda says something when you needed to have to explain everything twice in 1 episode by different people...
Dec 12, 2022 8:02 AM
Oct 2021
até que foi legal da pra passar o tempo em quanto eu almoço da pra assistir de boa anime tem qualidade grafica bonitos só acabou meio do nada
Jan 9, 2023 6:08 AM
May 2020
A pity that it only lasted 4 episodes. I think if it had been longer, everything would have been explained better.
Jan 17, 2023 3:15 PM

Jan 2008
You know you're confused and kind of out of it when, in the climactic finale all you're thinking about is "How the fuck are those kids running in strapless-sandals?!". OK, one's a god, I guess, but the other one's a human. And then crawling through a hole? Are those magic sandals?
Jan 17, 2023 8:14 PM
Apr 2021
ngl I thought this last episode was good. It was good, and I liked it.
Jan 17, 2023 8:21 PM
Apr 2021
yeah, everything said here is how I feel about Housing Complex C. I just want to know about the dude that ran away. Did you get infinity stone snapped to or did he escape this god's domain over the town.
Feb 1, 2023 3:55 PM

Nov 2020
I liked the ending a lot. A primal deity who out of mere curiosity had been "playing" with time and space to measure the level of happiness that can exist among humans and whose prize would be eternity. Nice twist in my view for the Cthulhu Mythos
SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Feb 17, 2023 1:36 PM
Sep 2020
No offence but, I feel like this should have been a movie instead of a 4episode run, the ending is not what i expected, I give it a 7/10, nice try from adult swim.

For those calling this shit,why? it was very well set up diverting our attention completely
Mack_YeagerFeb 17, 2023 1:40 PM
Mar 9, 2023 10:27 PM

Jun 2011
Didn't answer every questions but I really liked it, especially the mystery, even though not everything connects well with one another. Loved that reverse uno card when Yuri thought she was the psycho only for Kimi to smash that fetus that she claimed was her mother right in front of Yuri.

Nice ed theme too.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 13, 2023 11:33 AM

Dec 2008
This could have really been great if it had been longer and a tad more coherent. It has so much potential but it turned into a bucket of blood. Having battled with the 3rd episode I ended up even more baffled, but at least the subs were in synch this time around so the last episode sorta made sense... sorta.  That last Ed song was wonderful though. Somebody remake this show!!!  
May the Uguu be with you.

Mar 31, 2023 7:51 AM

Oct 2013
Bulky arab guy is the only nice guy and survivor, that's actually amazing lol
Still doesn't explain why "god" killed the old guys that weren't racist and were defending the arab guys (unlike the old ladies), wtf did they do wrong ?
Mar 31, 2023 10:45 AM

Jun 2017
Titadou said:
Still doesn't explain why "god" killed the old guys that weren't racist and were defending the arab guys (unlike the old ladies), wtf did they do wrong ?

I think eventually they just snapped and decided to kill everyone. 

Like in a lot of slasher movies, throughout most of the movie people just gradually die and at the end, they just kill off everyone else in a quick marathon.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Mar 31, 2023 11:03 AM

Oct 2013
TheBlockernator said:
Titadou said:

I think eventually they just snapped and decided to kill everyone. 

Like in a lot of slasher movies, throughout most of the movie people just gradually die and at the end, they just kill off everyone else in a quick marathon.

Well if we think about it, she didn't kill them and gave them eternal life by being transformed into moss... she only killed the fanatics by making them explode and cutting their bordies (the parents were dismembered ALIVE before being turned into moss)
Still I'm kinda glad one good guy stayed a human
May 15, 2023 6:11 PM
Jul 2014
this was a wonderful horror anime miniseries. I wish there was more to it. It has been a while since I've enjoyed an anime like this one.
Jun 17, 2023 12:21 PM

Sep 2020
actual kino, cant believe this show deserves a way higher ranking
Aug 26, 2023 2:08 AM

Aug 2021
way to ruin an already horrible piece of garbage. 1/10. 
Feb 26, 1:10 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well it's to short, the story is good enough for me and it enjoyable for me at least, it has a good potential if it give more episodes to explain it, ahhh it's such a waste to not made it properly damn
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Am I the only one who enjoyed it?

PetelgeuseDES - Jan 2, 2023

22 by Destroyer31 »»
Feb 26, 1:12 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Oct 15, 2022

58 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 29, 2023 8:53 AM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 2 Discussion

TheBlockernator - Oct 8, 2022

32 by alshu »»
Dec 27, 2023 11:20 PM

Poll: » C Danchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Oct 1, 2022

80 by Berry-Vodka »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:53 PM

» only english dub available? ( 1 2 )

berries_yogurt - Oct 3, 2022

55 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 6, 2023 12:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.