Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 21, 2022 2:05 PM

Jul 2020
The moment I opened this thread I knew I’d see a heated argument, lol.

Never gets old, especially when it’s between two series that are absolutely nothing alike!

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Oct 21, 2022 2:07 PM

Jul 2020
It’s like watching a popcorn thriller or a cliché drama

"Truth is always a cruel thing."

Oct 21, 2022 3:38 PM
Aug 2020
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
Imagine liking that whiny piece of sh*t who fap over naked girls. Neon jellysis Sh*tion fans can't be lower than this. Can they?

You can’t just rate every mainstream anime 1 except one piece and expect people to take your bait seriously
Oct 21, 2022 3:45 PM

Apr 2022
yeah nah shinji is definitely overhated. he's very real
Oct 21, 2022 7:28 PM

Apr 2017
Urmmm no shit Sherlock
Oct 21, 2022 7:45 PM

Feb 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
All of you know that Shinji is still divisive character either one side think he's a very realistic protagonist or other side think he's straight up coward. While, I did find his actions to be very questionable(Hospital Scene) in the End of Evangelion movie. I do find Shinji to be overall very relatable protagonist.

Rebuild Shinji's growth is slightly more positive and actually grows to be a good person. Then, there's the manga version of Shinji.

By the way, the manga version of Shinji really changed my perspective on him. This version of him is much more aggressive, apathetic, brave and badass than Shinji from EoE. He's way less perverted and horny than his anime counterpart

If you take the best aspects of both EoE Shinji and Rebuild Shinji, then you put them into a one character that is in fact, the manga version of Shinji.

He takes much more active role in the manga and drives the plot forward than his anime counterpart. For any people who didn't enjoy Shinji in EoE, I think you will probably love the manga version of Shinji.

So basically manga's version of Shinji is like any other protagonist? Just a badass doing "hero" stuff. That could be an interesting version to see but I think anime's version might still be better. Atleast the anime version of Shinji is somewhat believable.
Oct 21, 2022 7:55 PM

Feb 2021
triplepsycho said:
The moment I opened this thread I knew I’d see a heated argument, lol.

Never gets old, especially when it’s between two series that are absolutely nothing alike!

Totally agree with you there. It's funny how a thread about Evangelion doesn't even have that many people talking about Evangelion. Most of the posts here are just people arguing over One Piece.
Oct 21, 2022 9:41 PM

Aug 2021
PikaboyTK said:
Sanjay63773 said:
All of you know that Shinji is still divisive character either one side think he's a very realistic protagonist or other side think he's straight up coward. While, I did find his actions to be very questionable(Hospital Scene) in the End of Evangelion movie. I do find Shinji to be overall very relatable protagonist.

Rebuild Shinji's growth is slightly more positive and actually grows to be a good person. Then, there's the manga version of Shinji.

By the way, the manga version of Shinji really changed my perspective on him. This version of him is much more aggressive, apathetic, brave and badass than Shinji from EoE. He's way less perverted and horny than his anime counterpart

If you take the best aspects of both EoE Shinji and Rebuild Shinji, then you put them into a one character that is in fact, the manga version of Shinji.

He takes much more active role in the manga and drives the plot forward than his anime counterpart. For any people who didn't enjoy Shinji in EoE, I think you will probably love the manga version of Shinji.

So basically manga's version of Shinji is like any other protagonist? Just a badass doing "hero" stuff. That could be an interesting version to see but I think anime's version might still be better. Atleast the anime version of Shinji is somewhat believable.

I think anime's version of Shinji isn't better than manga version of Shinji in terms of character development and consistency. They are pretty much the same in terms of character writing, Manga Shinji takes much more active role in the plot and much more aggressive and less horny than his anime counterpart. Both are believable but with some minor changes.

Edit: What makes the Manga Shinji particularly great from his anime counterpart, his motives are made much clearer through his inner monologues in chapter 1 whereas in the anime, his motives aren't clear and I don't really hooked up into him as much as I did with Manga Shinji
Sanjay63773Oct 21, 2022 9:49 PM
Oct 21, 2022 9:46 PM

Feb 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
PikaboyTK said:

I think anime's version of Shinji isn't better than manga version of Shinji in terms of character development and consistency. They are pretty much the same in terms of character writing, Manga Shinji takes much more active role in the plot and much more aggressive and less horny than his anime counterpart. Both are believable but with some minor changes. I

I get what you mean. I haven't read the manga so I can't say for sure, but you pointed out the fact that manga Shinji is more of a badass character and isn't always horny and depressed like anime Shinji. The problem here is that manga Shinji just sounds like any other typical battle shounen protagonist.

But if the writing and development for both version is somewhat similar, I think manga version might be pretty interesting too. I'll give it a try sometime later.
Oct 21, 2022 10:19 PM
Feb 2021
Why one piece fans are getting triggered over Shinji 😂. As always op fans can't take others opinion.
Oct 22, 2022 12:44 AM
Mar 2021
Badass and brave doesn’t equal a great main character. The og character is just as great (if not more) cause he is actually complex and naunced.

For example characters like punpun from goodnight punpun or Griffith from berserk arnt labeled as great characters cause they r brave and badass lol. It’s cause theirs actual layers to them
Oct 22, 2022 1:40 AM

Aug 2021
24846 said:
Badass and brave doesn’t equal a great main character. The og character is just as great (if not more) cause he is actually complex and naunced.

For example characters like punpun from goodnight punpun or Griffith from berserk arnt labeled as great characters cause they r brave and badass lol. It’s cause theirs actual layers to them

I pretty much sure you haven't read the manga yet. Manga shinji suffers exact same problem as the anime shinji has suffered.
Oct 22, 2022 2:26 AM
Jan 2021
shinji reminds yall too much of yourselves thats why yall hate him
Oct 22, 2022 2:26 AM

Sep 2018
There's only so much self pity one can take while watching, until you start to get fed up with it. People have different thresholds.
Oct 22, 2022 3:06 AM

Aug 2021
092MLBOA said:

Why do you assume that I hate OG shinji?
Oct 22, 2022 3:10 AM
Jan 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
092MLBOA said:

wasnt refering to you its just people still hating on shinji for being a coward and boring meanwhile hes one of the most realistic and best written protagonists
Oct 22, 2022 3:13 AM
Jan 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
092MLBOA said:

but true manga shinji even more goated Eva manga is way better than anime but nevertheless anime is a masterpiece
Oct 22, 2022 3:35 AM
Mar 2021
Sanjay63773 said:
24846 said:

I pretty much sure you haven't read the manga yet. Manga shinji suffers exact same problem as the anime shinji has suffered.

I have. And I agree. I was referring to op saying that he is a lot more brave and badass, as if to say that that’s a factor which contributes to a character being well written and great
Oct 22, 2022 4:33 AM
Aug 2020
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
Imagine liking that whiny piece of sh*t who fap over naked girls. Neon jellysis Sh*tion fans can't be lower than this. Can they?

this is it lads, this is the type of man who only watch shounen anime and nothing else.

but seriously, what motivated you to do this? Forum post used for an interesting topic that anyone wanna talk about, not for slandering from different community for your pure enjoyment. you don't achieve anything by doing this, so why?
Oct 22, 2022 4:36 AM
Aug 2020
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
YoursTrulyJ said:

You watch an anime with the same arc just different locations for 1000 chps and eps you have no room to talk
Atleast, the protagonist is not some creep who fap over naked girls. Ohh... wait, you are an Eva fans so Shinji must be relatable for you, don't tell me you also fap like him over....

at least they have a character development. Hell even Mushoku Tensei has some of the best character development even though it has been treated like a pedophile anime
Oct 22, 2022 5:41 AM
Jun 2022
Sure he was a whiner but he had a lot to whine about to be fair. "Realistic protagonist" and "coward" hardly strike me as mutually exclusive.
Oct 22, 2022 7:17 AM

Oct 2022
Dude jer** on a girl, who was about to die;
tried to kill her.

Yeah, defo a g8 protag.
Oct 22, 2022 7:32 AM
Jun 2022
Shinji is a great protagonist throughout the series and the rebuilds. The only exception is EoE where he and Anno were at their lowest points with Anno projecting his self-hatred onto Shinji.
Oct 22, 2022 7:36 AM

Dec 2021
bro really saw the light i respect it
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Oct 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Jan 2018
*Shinji breathes*
People: Oh my gosh he's such a well written character, he's literally me
Oct 22, 2022 9:09 AM

Oct 2022
Boobsftw said:
*Shinji breathes*
People: Oh my gosh he's such a well written character, he's literally me

I nearly spilled a cup of coffee on my computer because of your message. LMAO, thanks for a great laugh.
Oct 22, 2022 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
I never had a problem with anime Shinji. I actually feel bad for the boy and people who only consider him a coward clearly didn't understand shit about his character.
Oct 22, 2022 5:03 PM
Aug 2019
i hate to be THAT guy, but the people who hate Shinji didn’t get the series.
Oct 22, 2022 7:04 PM
Dec 2021
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
you literally hate everything that isn't one piece why are you even here 💀
Oct 22, 2022 7:08 PM
Dec 2021
berserkenjoyer92 said:
tried to kill her.

Yeah, defo a g8 protag.
average anime fan not being able to tell the difference between good writing and morally correct
Oct 23, 2022 1:03 AM

Oct 2022
AlienXander said:
berserkenjoyer92 said:
tried to kill her.

Yeah, defo a g8 protag.
average anime fan not being able to tell the difference between good writing and morally correct

Average anime fan having 0 idea what good writing is.
Oct 23, 2022 8:59 PM
Jun 2022
I certainly do think that shinji is a great character. The author must have spent a lot of time and efforts to write him. Sure he has his flaws, but that just make him seem more human in a way. He did fab to asuka when she was in a coma and that was a bit weird, but at least he felt guilty about it and that just show how deep his character is.
Oct 24, 2022 1:49 AM
Apr 2019
TemporaryPortal said:
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
Says the guy with Anno NPCaki in fav. Cope, mald and and realate to your incel protagonist you ESL

Anno cocksuker lost their sanity when they watch nge and that's a fact

Dude English pls i honestly don’t understand anything u just said

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 fr
Oct 24, 2022 12:43 PM
Dec 2018
IamNiimbus said:
TemporaryPortal said:

Dude English pls i honestly don’t understand anything u just said

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 fr

Teenagers amiright🤷🏻‍♂️
Oct 24, 2022 4:09 PM
Oct 2022
Tbh I don't think that hating or loving Shinji is the point, but accepting him as who he really is and the experiences he's been through.

You see, his behaviour and actions never appealed to my benevolent side, but I kinda understand his choices along the way and, even though I don't agree with most of them, I accept 'em as they happened.

And about the legendary fap, (correct me if I'm wrong) at the time Neon Genesis ended the problematic fans were complaining and even threatening Ano for something related to how the story ended the way it did, and he was under a lot of stress because of it and other personal stuff (I guess) so, as a way of showing the middle finger to those sick haters, Ano put that scene on TEOE in order to kind of taint Shinji's character (that those "fans" liked so much).
Oct 24, 2022 4:11 PM

Aug 2017
I hated Shini in the anime version.

But will give him a second chance when reading the manga. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 25, 2022 6:03 AM

Feb 2021
DeOnePieceIsReal said:

Yo EREN1990 is that you?
Nov 2, 2022 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
His manga version is good, but one of Shinji's main points is that he's an extremely flawed character. Removing his flaws or making them less severe just so he can be more "likeable" takes away part of what makes him such an interesting character.
Nov 2, 2022 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
REEEEEEEEEE110 said:
When does he grow to be a good person? I might’ve missed some hidden meaning because of how vague everything is but he still murdered Askuka at the end

He doesn't necessarily become a good person, but in the tv version he learns that he needs to love himself if he wants others to love him, while in EoE he accepts the hardships of real life and rejects the comfort of Human Instrumentaly.
He doesn't murder Asuka at the end, what the fuck are you talking about?
Nov 2, 2022 2:39 PM
Jul 2018
I_Am_NeErAj said:
Why one piece fans are getting triggered over Shinji 😂. As always op fans can't take others opinion.

"Nooooo, what do you mean the protagonist isn't an idealistic gary stu I can self insert into like Luffy, Deku and Naruto?!?! This show sucks >:(((((("
Nov 2, 2022 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
YoursTrulyJ said:

sure teens can watch NGE but they can't understand how deep and complex it is. People like you (idiots) think they're show is the greatest fiction when in reality it's not even close one piss is nothing but overyhyped, overrated , garbage Imagine liking a show who doesn't kill off its characters and is about someone who is trying to find a treasure yet still isn't even close after 1000 chapters then Oda had the audacity to rip-off Super Saiyan outta nowhere keep watching trash while I continue to watch greatness.

"sure teens can watch NGE but they can't understand how deep and complex it is"

>Nge is about the struggle of a teen
>teens can't understand it.
Ok zoomer, know go back to Twitter or leddit, and hype up your emo-teen shit drama there.

"Imagine liking a show who doesn't kill off its characters and is about someone who is trying to find a treasure yet still isn't even close after 1000 chapters then Oda had the audacity to rip-off Super Saiyan outta nowhere keep watching trash while I continue to watch greatness"

>Never read Goat Piece
>Yapping same nonsense which he read on twitter

Go away zoomer, go watch more teen shit and realate to your emo teen protagonist

Dude, One Piece stopped being good after Enies Lobby, shut the fuck up.
Nov 4, 2022 10:30 PM

Aug 2022
Alverdeo said:
DeOnePieceIsReal said:

"sure teens can watch NGE but they can't understand how deep and complex it is"

>Nge is about the struggle of a teen
>teens can't understand it.
Ok zoomer, know go back to Twitter or leddit, and hype up your emo-teen shit drama there.

"Imagine liking a show who doesn't kill off its characters and is about someone who is trying to find a treasure yet still isn't even close after 1000 chapters then Oda had the audacity to rip-off Super Saiyan outta nowhere keep watching trash while I continue to watch greatness"

>Never read Goat Piece
>Yapping same nonsense which he read on twitter

Go away zoomer, go watch more teen shit and realate to your emo teen protagonist

it's still better than your pseudo intellectual teen emo drama
Nov 4, 2022 10:31 PM

Aug 2021
DeOnePieceIsReal said:
Alverdeo said:

Monkey D Luffy >>>>> Edward Newgate
Nov 4, 2022 10:50 PM

Aug 2022
Sanjay63773 said:
DeOnePieceIsReal said:

Monkey D Luffy >>>>> Edward Newgate
sure bro. the one piece, the one piece,m is real
Nov 5, 2022 6:15 PM
Aug 2020
Alverdeo said:
REEEEEEEEEE110 said:
When does he grow to be a good person? I might’ve missed some hidden meaning because of how vague everything is but he still murdered Askuka at the end

He doesn't necessarily become a good person, but in the tv version he learns that he needs to love himself if he wants others to love him, while in EoE he accepts the hardships of real life and rejects the comfort of Human Instrumentaly.

He literally strangles her. Again, everything’s very vague so she could’ve survived but the last we saw of her, she was being murdered and I feel like that’s more likely what happened
Nov 10, 2022 5:33 AM
Jul 2018
REEEEEEEEEE110 said:
Alverdeo said:

He literally strangles her. Again, everything’s very vague so she could’ve survived but the last we saw of her, she was being murdered and I feel like that’s more likely what happened

He stopped strangling her after she touched his cheek.
Nov 16, 2022 7:45 AM
Aug 2020
Alverdeo said:
REEEEEEEEEE110 said:

He stopped strangling her after she touched his cheek.

Yeah you’re right but the attempt was still there
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zerachroma - Jun 13, 2008

534 by CheerfulChie »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Do you think Shinji is irredeemable?

TASM18 - Apr 15

21 by fizzydrinkk »»
Apr 24, 9:32 PM

» should i watch this movie instead of 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 or should i watch 25-26 and the movie

CRG - Aug 21, 2023

44 by Invisible_King »»
Mar 20, 1:27 PM

» There's nothing romantic about Asuka and Shinji

Sanjay63773 - Oct 26, 2022

37 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Mar 17, 1:01 PM

» how to watch?

misasdeathnote0 - Dec 19, 2023

18 by KitsuFrost »»
Dec 28, 2023 4:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.