Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 24, 2022 7:36 AM
Feb 2020
It's about what he scored on the test in the very first, he intentionally picked all the wrong and correct answers in order to get 50% score, for what purpose? He has been talking about living life as an average dude with a quite life and all that but wasn't it contradictory to what he wanted to achieve? I mean having the 50 scores on every subjects only makes him suspicious af and will definitely make him standout right? Just sorta want to know what do people thoughts of this
Jul 24, 2022 7:46 AM
puer aeternus

Sep 2021
I think he didn't get an exact 50/100 in all subjects but rather an approximate number, like 52/100, 54/100 or something as such.
Jul 24, 2022 7:49 AM
Jul 2021
He doesn’t know how smart a normal person is and how difficult the test is. So he just get 50%correct and 50% incorrect to seem average. He could get 100% without breaking a sweat if he wanted tho..
Jul 24, 2022 8:06 AM
Feb 2021
Adhiuptown said:
It's about what he scored on the test in the very first, he intentionally picked all the wrong and correct answers in order to get 50% score, for what purpose? He has been talking about living life as an average dude with a quite life and all that but wasn't it contradictory to what he wanted to achieve? I mean having the 50 scores on every subjects only makes him suspicious af and will definitely make him standout right? Just sorta want to know what do people thoughts of this

he still pretty much lacks the understanding of what's easy or hard cuz he's kiyo for him everything is just easy. he had no idea that these or that questions are hard for students of his age. he pretty much went with numbers. took avg too literally
Jul 24, 2022 8:30 AM

Nov 2021
Adhiuptown said:

Ayanokoji never knew the exams were a sham, he only found out at vol 7. He didn't just answer the harder questions while leaving the easier ones blank, he simply did 50% of the test, and since he doesn't know what is hard and what is easy some difficult questions got mixed in.
He isn't yet aware of what is difficult and what is easy for an average student, so, when he took the test, he went for 50%.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 24, 2022 8:31 AM
Mar 2022
kizumi91 said:
I think he didn't get an exact 50/100 in all subjects but rather an approximate number, like 52/100, 54/100 or something as such.

He got exactly 50 in every subject
Jul 24, 2022 8:33 AM
Feb 2018
Adhiuptown said:

I think the writers were betting that viewers wouldn’t get it if he just got any old mediocre scores. Making it 50% is just a mechanism underlining Ayanokoujis strategy of not calling attention to himself in order to best everyone.

Could also be Ayanokoujis way of mocking the whole system of selecting & weeding out “the elite”.
Jul 24, 2022 10:22 AM
Feb 2021
He did it to screw with his father
Jul 24, 2022 12:56 PM
Jun 2021
itsrj20 said:
Adhiuptown said:

Ayanokoji never knew the exams were a sham, he only found out at vol 7. He didn't just answer the harder questions while leaving the easier ones blank, he simply did 50% of the test, and since he doesn't know what is hard and what is easy some difficult questions got mixed in.
He isn't yet aware of what is difficult and what is easy for an average student, so, when he took the test, he went for 50%.

yeah exactly. i’d also like to add on a bit to this. since he JUST broke out of the white room (which he has been living in his entire life) he understandably has no idea how smart the average human is. to seem normal he assumed 50% is average (which it is). and for kiyo the extremely hard questions are just as easy as the easy questions. there’s no way to differentiate them.
Jul 24, 2022 3:35 PM
Apr 2021
Adhiuptown said:

Fr, A True genius would Answer half of them right and then Answer the other half completly at random.
Tho he doesnt seem to care about such things, some of the plot holes in classroom of elite revolve around his motivions, he wants to live a calm life, but at the same time he is allways at the center of everyhting...
I ignore it cause the show its lit but The whole thing is a bit messy
He is trying to live a calm and peacefull life at school
he is being forced to ascend Into class A so he doesnt get expelledright?
That alone already forces him to stand out, yes he is trying to make everything look like is their classmates idea but once he actually reaches there how is his life gonna be peacefull?
Jul 24, 2022 4:52 PM
Aug 2021
kizumi91 said:

i remember in the first season they mentioned that he get exactly 50 on all subjects thats why suzune found it suspicious
Jul 24, 2022 5:02 PM
Jun 2021
Alex_the_reaper said:
Adhiuptown said:

Fr, A True genius would Answer half of them right and then Answer the other half completly at random.
Tho he doesnt seem to care about such things, some of the plot holes in classroom of elite revolve around his motivions, he wants to live a calm life, but at the same time he is allways at the center of everyhting...
I ignore it cause the show its lit but The whole thing is a bit messy
He is trying to live a calm and peacefull life at school
he is being forced to ascend Into class A so he doesnt get expelledright?
That alone already forces him to stand out, yes he is trying to make everything look like is their classmates idea but once he actually reaches there how is his life gonna be peacefull?

ayanokouji the living contradiction is actually one of the main parts of the story. minor spoilers:

so it’s pretty much going according to his plan id not for a few setbacks.
Jul 24, 2022 5:22 PM

Dec 2015
I think this was cut from the anime but aside from the 50% the thing is he only respond correctly the hard questions and he got all of the easy ones wrong.

He did that to live a normal life and to not be found by "that man"

Jul 25, 2022 1:47 AM

Dec 2007
i thought somewhere in the ln the scores were on a scaling system. so the more people who score high will raise the overall average and thus causing more students to fail.
Jul 25, 2022 4:55 AM
Feb 2022
Adhiuptown said:

he's got talent but he doesn't want to use it
Jul 25, 2022 9:32 AM
Apr 2022
evilchris said:
i thought somewhere in the ln the scores were on a scaling system. so the more people who score high will raise the overall average and thus causing more students to fail.

About how the school system accepts students. Major spoiler:
Jul 25, 2022 11:05 AM

Dec 2007
Julian6501 said:
evilchris said:

About how the school system accepts students. Major spoiler:

Ive read seven of the lns so i was already aware of that. I was referring to his continued low scores. So i miss understood the op. Thanks for the refresher though
Jul 25, 2022 4:03 PM
Jun 2021
I believe kiyotaka didn't know that he would standout when he intentionally scored exactly 50 at all subjects. It's just him, and based on other comments here, yes, difficult and easy questions have no difference for him and as he had just got out of the white room, his understanding of an 'average person' is what average literally means - 'middle'. So, logically, if I get 50 in all subjects, I am average. He really took the average literally.
Jul 26, 2022 3:13 AM
Feb 2022
I might be completely off track here but in the LN but in some instances he wants to be defeated by someone because he wants to defy the ideals of his father and prove him wrong so you will see that sometimes he asks (can you really defeat me?) Ig that is why sometimes knowingly that it will attract attention shows a hint of his true skills here or there
Jul 26, 2022 3:20 AM

May 2021
This guy doesn't have a proper idea of what's normal.

Jul 26, 2022 10:25 AM
Aug 2019
Adhiuptown said:

Yeah, it is dumb lol. It’s kind of just there for flare tho. If you remove any mention of those test scores the story doesn’t really change.
Jul 26, 2022 5:11 PM
Nov 2021
Adhiuptown said:

Dude he didnt even know about whats normal cause his whole life he spent within the walls of white room.He thought by scoring exactly 50 he will be average
Jul 26, 2022 9:36 PM
Feb 2021
kizumi91 said:

Last time I checked, he actually got exactly 50 on all of his subjects.
Aug 5, 2022 9:12 AM
Aug 2020
The people who are aligible to attend the school is pre decided, aayanakoji getting 50 didn't effect that. The interview and exam is just a front.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

344 by Laachii »»
Jun 9, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

529 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

236 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

336 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

292 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 9, 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.