Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2022 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
Beautiful movie. Handles the inevitable passing of time greatly, and made me feel real nostalgic.
Dec 8, 2022 1:19 PM

Nov 2014
I expected "it was all a dream" sequence at the end, but none to be seen huh?
Rin without her bun is not Rin :|

While I loved the series, I'm not really a fan of this movie tbh. Somewhat realistic portrayal of adult life is, on its own, enough to stop this series being "laid back". On top of that, them having some big goal, that of course met trouble on the way, seems to go in the opposite direction to what I appreciated in this series: super relaxing and stress-free, with no clear purpose other than having fun.
Yes, it objectively is a good movie. But it's not that I want from something with Yuru Camp in title.
Dec 8, 2022 1:52 PM
Feb 2015
I expected more from this movie... this was really underwhelming
Dec 9, 2022 4:23 AM

Jun 2017
number of people who are freaking out about the Movie giving too much emphasis on the realities of adult life is both sad and hilarious

movie was good & I enjoyed its closer adjacency to -- yes -- real life!!

least realistic thing about the movie is not that the gals successful maneuvered government bureaucracy to open a camping site but that none of them have SOs
Dec 9, 2022 8:17 AM
Oct 2020
man, most wholesome slice of life ever
Dec 9, 2022 8:22 PM

Jul 2022
Super nice vibe and charm to it, definitely my favorite CGDCT/Slice of Life movie.
Kek

Dec 9, 2022 11:08 PM
Nov 2020
I had no idea they were gonna be young adults in the movie. Sometimes it pays off to stay away from promotional material and previews.
Dec 14, 2022 4:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It felt kinda weird to see them adults but it doesn't change much except the highschool settings, now working but they still have time for camping, I didn't expect them to open their own camping site though but that's great, I liked the movie but I feel like the movie format doesn't fit Yuru Camp so it felt slightly boring to me while it wasn't the case at all for the TV series
Dec 18, 2022 1:46 PM
Dec 2017
violin_star said:
... Nadeshiko invites Rin to the Honzawa Hot Spring in the Yatsugatake mountains of Nagano. It's a 2 and a half hour hike up here, and it is the highest open air hot springs in Japan...

> You can change here, nobody will see us...

Shima-chan's Sailor Uniform ep. 6
Dec 19, 2022 6:13 AM
Apr 2020
the best i mean i love this
Dec 23, 2022 1:53 PM
Oct 2016
Very wholesome as per usual, a bit melodramatic with all the reminiscing of the past. Definitely a unintentional tear jerker.
Dec 26, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2018
Just finished watching this today and tomorrow me and my friends are going on a beach camp that we planned! Really excited! I'm glad our trip didn't get cancelled and It's my first time going away very far from home with friends for about 3 days. This will test the skills and knowledge I learned from this show hehe. Anyways, more about the movie, it didn't had a lot of camping but more on bonding and building something incredible. Having played Minecraft, by doing landscaping and building stuff, it is such a fun thing to do with people and achieving a goal. Hope that one day I could have a business like this and share something special that can be achieve thru hard work and working with one another in a world full of convivences. Also I want a moped bike!!!

Edit: I'll be bringing a blanket to join the Secret Society BLANKET!
Touch_Me-samaDec 26, 2022 11:48 AM
Dec 27, 2022 9:43 PM

May 2021
Wasn’t expecting this but its pretty good
Never expected some adult realism but its not bad
Inhales oxygen
Dec 30, 2022 8:18 PM

Jul 2016
If I didn't know there is already a third season in production, I would have assumed this movie was the last installment for this franchise and would have cried like a bitch. Because it seriously felt like a closure.

That aside, quite enjoyable movie overall. Seeing the cast all grown up, facing adult problems and stuff sure was an interesting change of air but gotta be honest and say that seeing them all as teenagers is definitely better. Nadeshiko's oneesan also having short hair is a crime, btw.

8/10 - Eagerly waiting for Season 3!
Dec 31, 2022 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
SouthRzVa said:
If I didn't know there is already a third season in production, I would have assumed this movie was the last installment for this franchise and would have cried like a bitch. Because it seriously felt like a closure.

That aside, quite enjoyable movie overall. Seeing the cast all grown up, facing adult problems and stuff sure was an interesting change of air but gotta be honest and say that seeing them all as teenagers is definitely better. Nadeshiko's oneesan also having short hair is a crime, btw.

8/10 - Eagerly waiting for Season 3!
It was really meant to be the end of the adaptation, in case the new season didn't get the green light.
Dec 31, 2022 8:52 AM

Oct 2017
Life can be harsh but what's important is to not give up and keep pushing untill you find success. Our girls sure have grown into fine young women. They knew to not give up and face their problems head on and in the end they succeeded. Really happy for them. Watching them camp together at the end was a bliss. Really fun movie, it was great watching the girls now that they've grown up. Looking forward to season 3.
Jan 1, 2023 5:38 AM

Jul 2019
Loved it, but this series clearly worked better as episodes. I never really binged it
Jan 2, 2023 5:25 AM

Aug 2021
The truth is that it is very good and a little sad the reality of adulthood lol it brought me a lot of nostalgia.
Jan 7, 2023 4:30 AM
Feb 2021
Pretty enjoyable slow and cute slice of life anime. Perfect for those who need something cute and relaxing
Jan 8, 2023 5:07 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing the laid-back gang all grown-up with adult struggles made me feel old. Not quite the laid-back camping movie I was expecting but still fun seeing them build a campsite

Jan 15, 2023 8:12 AM

Nov 2018
I still don't get the appeal. This is like Shirobako: basic japanese peeps living their lives. It doesn't have special atmosphere like Aria or Mushishi, literally nothing special is happening. Why not just go outside yourself(if you can afford it ofc). I just felt like an outsider staring at people having fun for 2 seasons + movie.
I hate everyone equally
Jan 15, 2023 8:13 AM

Nov 2018
I understand that it's meant for japanese teens. Nostalgie, relatable and all that stuff, I just don't enjoy it personally.
I hate everyone equally
Jan 26, 2023 1:37 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Cute girls doing cute things has now turned into adult women doing adult things. I mean look at Nadeshiko over here, she's freaking EXCAVATOR-certified. Badass asf.

Didn't feel like two hours, and when the end credits start rolling and the music started flowing, you can't help just feel a bit sad that it's over. No idea if there will ever be more, but if this is it for Yuru Camp, it's a good place to end. These guys started out camping on various campgrounds, and have now grown up and have MADE their own campground for others to enjoy. Everything has come full circle. It's a satisfactory place to bring things to a close. I'm still gonna miss these little mfkers though.

edit: So I just found out that this whole movie was an anime original, and I'm glad that they did this. At least there is a sense of finality to it all should a season 3 never come to fruition. Should a season 3 ever come though, well, I'll see you there.
BetaMaleUltraJan 26, 2023 1:40 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Feb 26, 2023 3:01 AM

Jun 2020
I rlly liked this movie! So chill and I love how there was no unnecessary drama, even when the group thought they couldn’t work on the site anymore they seemed more bored than sad lol. Aki got a lot more character in this movie which is always appreciated and I wouldn’t mind if this is how the series ended tbh

Feb 27, 2023 12:14 PM

May 2020
I like this series but this movie was just TOO long lol. Two hours equate to roughly five episodes, and I don't think I would've watched these five episodes all at once if given choice. It's just not that kind of series.

Though watching the cast as working members of society and dealing with the problems that come out of it and still managing to score a trip and thus the usual camping was pretty enjoyable. Also yeah they took it a step further by building that camp site. Would of been a fitting closure if this was the last we were getting this series in all honesty. But since a third season is coming, I guess it's a while before we bid farewell to the usual gang.

My girl Nadeshiko driving 4x4 was super cool btw.
Mar 18, 2023 3:30 PM

Mar 2018
How is this movie an actual thing.
Apr 8, 2023 11:29 PM
Aug 2019
so warm and lovely
Apr 30, 2023 7:08 PM

Nov 2020
Finally was able to get to this, and it's just as good as I thought it was going to be! Yuru Camp as a whole is just really special, a perfect representation of cozy slice of life and one of the most consistent anime series, at least for my tastes. The movie itself is a great bittersweet look into the passing of time into adulthood yet still finding a way to be comfy and happy.

The thing that probably hit the most for was the line saying that you expect growing up to be finding all this newfound freedom and you finally have the money and ability to do almost anything you want, but if anything, it's more restrictive. You have responsibilities, you have to actually work. Most of the time, you don't have the time to do a lot that you want. Yet, like in the movie, you should still dedicate yourself to what you enjoy, take solace in family and friends, and find a way to be content.

Of course, seeing as this is Yuru Camp, the movie isn't super sad or serious, but the themes still hit hard for me. But I actually prefer it being the happy, comfy series it's always been. It just makes you feel better, and especially being about going into adulthood, the movie just makes you feel optimistic. I totally agree with the other replies mentioning that if a season 3 wasn't already a thing, this would have been a perfect sendoff for the anime, but that actually makes this less sad knowing this isn't the end. I'm glad the girls will get to camp more! All in all, absolutely loved the movie, 9/10. I don't think it quite hits masterpiece levels, but for what it is, it's just great.
May 18, 2023 10:25 PM

Aug 2021
It was alright. There was way too much time devoted to the revitalization and not nearly enough camping. Relegating the final camp with the sunrise to the credits slideshow is a real shame. Anyway, I didn't hate it but it's not nearly as good as the series, and two hours is far too long - a lot could have been cut without changing much of the story or missing any of the "beats" that make Yuru Camp good.
May 30, 2023 3:03 AM
Apr 2022
A peaceful and most comfortable anime i ever watch. Music, Story, character all are perfect.
May 30, 2023 3:03 AM
Apr 2022
A peaceful and most comfortable anime i ever watch. Music, Story, character all are perfect.
Jun 1, 2023 10:05 AM
Mar 2021
VIBESS i just loving it
Jul 9, 2023 3:56 PM
Nov 2018
So cathartic watching them all grown up and dealing with grown up problems.  Felt like I went through a journey from them as high schoolers to now.  Awesome and comfy.
Jul 20, 2023 3:33 PM
May 2021
4 years watching anime after they seeing diamond fuji i feel like back like the First time i start watching anime
Jul 25, 2023 12:22 AM
May 2020
Still, the best Iyashikei series that I've watched so far and looking forward to season 3😊🏕️!!!
Jul 30, 2023 8:42 PM
Feb 2016
Excelente pelicula. Me gusto muchisimo. Bueno, a esperar la tercera temporada.

Nov 3, 2023 11:28 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
It's to long for me starting getting bored in the half of the episode, more prefer it's have less time and more Solid story
Nov 27, 2023 3:52 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
It took me a long time to find the right moment to watch this movie with the proper conditions. I gave 8 to S1 and 9 to S2 for several reasons, with the magic and uniqueness of its atmposhere above all. This movie was more focused on "action" (for Iyashikei standards) and revolved around the girls (now women) not just enjoying camping, but creating their own.

I have felt a bit less the charm and sensations the seasons conveyed, and I agree that this kind of narrative fits better in a tv episodes format. Nevertheless, showing them cultivating their passion as adults, with all the perils and hars obstacles of adulthood to overcome, is a really good narrative choice and its well written, giving a fresh new perspective on the core topic of the series. Now it's not just about camping, but conciliate camping and working life, possibly blending the two together. After all, taking your passion to another level making it to the realization of an ambitious project together is still magic in its own way, isn't it?

Top tier production and blissfully gorgeous artstyle just like the rest of the franchise, as well as the heartwarming sound. Ye, Rin without her long hair and chignon hurts, but they are all still cute, Nadeshiko lovable as always. I'll give Yuru Camp Movie 8.5/10. Despite not great as S2, I don't feel to go down to 8, so I'll round the score by excess. I am glad S3 is quite near now.
Thrasher96Nov 27, 2023 3:58 PM
Feb 24, 2:24 AM

Oct 2022
quite decent movie, not a great cuz compare to tv series, I would say this movie is one step downward from its story telling.
7/10, nice !
Mar 4, 2:19 AM
Dec 2022
Just love the opening scene where the shot of Mount Fuji as the backdrop of Shochiku entertainment company appears and seamlessly blend into the start of the anime scene. Time for 2 hours of camping happiness and the talking things like pine cones and more.
Mar 17, 9:25 AM
Aug 2018
More and more I want to go Camping.
Mar 21, 8:21 AM
Oct 2019
Our girls are all grow up... They all working together to make a campsite.

Aki just become Toba-sensei sister lol

Nadeshiko can do anything, she is the best Waifu if i had to choose one.

My body is healing watching this movie and it doesn't even feel like 2 hours.
that's how relaxing and comfy Yuru Camp was.

8/10

Now waiting for Season 3 in about two weeks from now.
Mar 30, 5:23 PM
Mar 2018
This story is a simple, earnest one, with heart and resonance.

I applaud the boldness of having set the plot so far in the future, because even though it doesn't affect the story much (the girls look and act practically the same, and the school never mattered much anyway) it remains a rarity for anime movies based on ongoing shows, most of which are either prequels, or stories set in the ongoing continuity (sometimes canonically so, sometimes not). I love that we get to see what became of everyone (Rin's grandpa is still gallivanting around on his bike, good for him), and how they now interact as adults.

The actual camping portions were fun and sweet, although they didn't feel like an integral part of the movie (you could remove them and not miss anything).

Also, I do lament the lack of humor. The show has some intensely funny moments, and it did feel like the movie was lacking in that department; I smiled a few times, but never laughed.

Overall, I had a great time. The movie made me think a lot about my own life and relationships, as well as the passage of time.
Apr 4, 6:57 AM
May 2020
Still heartwarming.
Apr 5, 11:18 PM
Nov 2019
Lovely and heartwarming. Now I think I should watch this after the S3 because I dont know it was time skip, it would be a precious ending for the series.
Solid 9/10
Apr 6, 2:41 AM
Sep 2016
just watched it. Few points to note:

- Thank god granpa and Chikuwa is still alive! Especially Chikuwa, it was very noticable that Chikuwa is much older already. I am cautious that we'd get Chikuwa dying this entire movie!!!
- Kagamihara Sakura is still best waifu
- Rin traveling to these different campsites, starting with Mototsu, and the Mototsu theme from SE01EP01 just casually playing on the background, and the waterworks just flows right then from my eyes!!!
- I'm curious whether this entire Yuru Camp title (anime/movie/manga) is just Afro (original manga author) being sponsored by Japan tourism board. The amount of tourism add this entire movie is absurd, even for places unrelated to camping!
- Yuru Camp food tho!!!!!
- ... and many more ....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 7, 4:50 AM

Feb 2019
Love the faces they make, especially Rin.

It was good to see this show again. The definition of 癒し系, though this time there was an actual plot that wasn't too heavy and just had enough obstacles to make it realistic and nice. Glad to see that after graduation, everyone seems happy with their lives.

I've forgotten some things. Is Ena married?? Also, who is that girl who was at the motorcycle garage with Rin and then joined Nadeshiko's family camping?

Anyway, can't wait to see more of these girls in S3!

8/10.
May 18, 10:59 PM

Apr 2019
Great Movie, the girls are all grown up now, they have jobs and careers they're working at but their love for camping still lives and so they all get together after so long and decides to begin a campsite at Fujikawa which had some problems later on they managed to overcome it. I enjoyed the movie overall, it was great.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Nadeshiko Boss

hopp17 - Dec 30, 2022

2 by Rafdrk-n8 »»
Oct 31, 2023 12:46 PM

» is there a time skip in the manga too?

Jupiterbae - Nov 27, 2022

4 by yg »»
Dec 7, 2022 11:50 PM

» Watching Outside Of Japan

Roderick24_ - Jul 6, 2022

5 by Tuna_Fresh »»
Nov 25, 2022 9:50 PM

» Anyone else saw it? contain some spoilers

NekoToChiru - Jul 1, 2022

6 by Gigas001 »»
Nov 11, 2022 2:58 AM

» International theatrical distribution begins

JohanJ04 - Sep 1, 2022

2 by Eunos »»
Nov 9, 2022 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.