Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 18, 2021 5:45 PM
Nov 2020
I swear do a-1 pictures love to take any detail and either butcher it or not add it in at all they take out world building and character development it makes reki kawahara look like a bad writer when he isn't.
Jun 18, 2021 6:00 PM
Dec 2020
What light novels have they done this with?
Would sao have a higher score if they did the adaptation for it better
Jun 18, 2021 6:15 PM
Mar 2020
86 is amazing, though
Jun 18, 2021 6:23 PM
Oct 2019
Eromanga-sensei is amazing, though.
Jun 18, 2021 6:30 PM

Oct 2018
86 goes brrrrrrrrrrr

Jun 18, 2021 6:48 PM
Jun 2020
I absolutely love Alicization, can't say the same for the rest of SAO, but at least this one is good
Jun 18, 2021 7:01 PM

Oct 2018
Oreimo is good but the LN is better.

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jun 18, 2021 7:09 PM
Nov 2020
Sidelink said:
I absolutely love Alicization, can't say the same for the rest of SAO, but at least this one is good
alicization is the one a-1 pictures really butchered things it's considered the worst adapted but the best arc in the light novel.
Jun 18, 2021 7:15 PM
Jun 2020
SageMode1234 said:
Sidelink said:
alicization is the one a-1 pictures really butchered things it's considered the worst adapted but the best arc in the light novel.
Well, I haven't read the light novel, but I really disliked SAO (only liked the first episodes) and SAOII (GGO was ok), I only liked GGO Alternative, Ordinal Scale and loved Alicization, the rest was between meh and iuk for me...
Jun 18, 2021 7:39 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
SageMode1234 said:
Sidelink said:

If that's the case then the ligth novel must be genuinely brilliant, cause as it is alication is an actually good show that stands well above it's forebears, so if your saying it's a butchered adaption then the original must be seriously hype
Jun 18, 2021 7:48 PM
Nov 2020
momentie said:
SageMode1234 said:

If that's the case then the ligth novel must be genuinely brilliant, cause as it is alication is an actually good show that stands well above it's forebears, so if your saying it's a butchered adaption then the original must be seriously hype
yeah the fist volume of sword art online ain't amazing but the ggo arc in my opinion is where the series starts to become great.
Jun 18, 2021 8:42 PM
May 2021
86 Eighty-Six!!!
Jun 18, 2021 9:25 PM
Jul 2020
Idc I enjoyed this season the most
Jun 18, 2021 9:38 PM

Oct 2020
piggies_united said:
Yes ofc, the OG SAO is rated 7.22 but with proper adaption it could've reched 8.2 or something, and Alicization is a masterpiece, ngl A-1 pictures did a good job there, almost everything was perfect but since s1 and s2 was not so good so it got the same rating because most just blindly vote 1,5and 7.

I'm afraid if Progressive turns out that way, and I'm more afraid thry added one of character so it's gonna take different turn from the LNs which is rated 8.3+.

Sword Art Online is one of the world's most popular and highly rated LN of all time, and it's popularity don't seem to decrease which is notvin case of thr anime.

The SAO LN gets very much less hatred compared to the anime. The LNs expresses thr feelings and moments so beautifully and just describe everything so clearly, which was not in s1 and s2 of the anime.

The LN puts depts to the characters, surprisingly anyone who've read the LNs will say Kirito and other characters are very much better there and thr animr just couldn't do that (Alicization did) . SAO ISN'T A HAREM, Reki didn't make anything like that, yes there are little jealous moments but not much as showed in the anime. It have a decent storyline, A-1 pictures could've made ep 22 and ep 24 ig of s1 little better by not showing much of that shit Oberon, like Ufotable did by not showing those hentai sex scenes of Fate series so it's better, A-1 pictures understood that and they did a good job in Alicization, the scene where Eugeo and Kirito saved Ronie and Tiese because it was a Good moment for Eugeo, u can understand after watching ep 1, and the scene was very much harmless unlike s1, so u can say A-1 PICTURES is improving.

And hope A-1 PICTURES don't disappoint us by skipping or going in a different route from the LN.

The only thing I can say is that with proper adaptation, Sword Art Online Progressive can reach a rating of 8.5+ for sure
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Jun 18, 2021 9:40 PM

Oct 2020
[quote=SageMode1234 message=63532009][quote=momentie message=63531951]
SageMode1234 said:
Sidelink said:

Yup Phantom bullet arc was amazing and Mother's Rosario was really really 10/10
Jun 18, 2021 9:43 PM

Oct 2020
SageMode1234 said:
Sidelink said:
no Alicization wasn't butchered by A-1 pictures, the rating should've be 8-8.5 but it's low because A-1 pictures did that with s1 and especially s2, and u know right since it's SAO so it will hold 1 and 5 ratings (blind vote)
Jun 18, 2021 9:47 PM

Oct 2020
Sidelink said:
SageMode1234 said:
Well, I haven't read the light novel, but I really disliked SAO (only liked the first episodes) and SAOII (GGO was ok), I only liked GGO Alternative, Ordinal Scale and loved Alicization, the rest was between meh and iuk for me...
bro u said u liked GGO means half of s2, 1st few eps means Aincrad Arc, liked OS and Loved Alicization means s3 and the movie, so what's left there?

Only the Fairy Dance arc, Calibur, which is understandable but Mother's Rosario arc was really great, how can u not like that?

By mother's Rosario arc I mean, where there was Yuki konno

But thr comment u wrote it Means bro u like SAO more than disliking because u liked almost all thr arcs, that's it but I felt bad for u because Mother's Rosario arc was better than GGO And OS, which I think YES
Jun 18, 2021 9:55 PM

Oct 2020
momentie said:
SageMode1234 said:

yup try reading the LNs 1 time, I bet it will be one of thr best u have read, and ENTERTAINING, check SAO and SAOP LN ratings on MAL and Google, try buying it from LN volume 9 which starts the Alicization arc, and if u like SAO nad don't want to see it getting butchered after s3 then buy LN from Volume 21 which starts a new arc and probably thr last arc of the series called UNITAL RING, which will be s4.

And I recommend u to buy Unital Ring (I just got that book yesterday) and especially Progressive volumes from 1 because volume 001 holds 2 floors and thr movie will show only 1 floor now.

SAO and SAOP manga are very very very very bad.
Reasons: og SAO manga have very bad art.
SAOP manga is short and it goes in a vary different direction from thr LNs which is similar to s1 Aincrad.

Good luck if u want to buy, it won't disappoint u I guarantee, but it depends upon u
Jun 18, 2021 10:07 PM
Dec 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
piggies_united said:
Yes ofc, the OG SAO is rated 7.22 but with proper adaption it could've reched 8.2 or something, and Alicization is a masterpiece, ngl A-1 pictures did a good job there, almost everything was perfect but since s1 and s2 was not so good so it got the same rating because most just blindly vote 1,5and 7.

I'm afraid if Progressive turns out that way, and I'm more afraid thry added one of character so it's gonna take different turn from the LNs which is rated 8.3+.

Sword Art Online is one of the world's most popular and highly rated LN of all time, and it's popularity don't seem to decrease which is notvin case of thr anime.

The SAO LN gets very much less hatred compared to the anime. The LNs expresses thr feelings and moments so beautifully and just describe everything so clearly, which was not in s1 and s2 of the anime.

The LN puts depts to the characters, surprisingly anyone who've read the LNs will say Kirito and other characters are very much better there and thr animr just couldn't do that (Alicization did) . SAO ISN'T A HAREM, Reki didn't make anything like that, yes there are little jealous moments but not much as showed in the anime. It have a decent storyline, A-1 pictures could've made ep 22 and ep 24 ig of s1 little better by not showing much of that shit Oberon, like Ufotable did by not showing those hentai sex scenes of Fate series so it's better, A-1 pictures understood that and they did a good job in Alicization, the scene where Eugeo and Kirito saved Ronie and Tiese because it was a Good moment for Eugeo, u can understand after watching ep 1, and the scene was very much harmless unlike s1, so u can say A-1 PICTURES is improving.

And hope A-1 PICTURES don't disappoint us by skipping or going in a different route from the LN.

The only thing I can say is that with proper adaptation, Sword Art Online Progressive can reach a rating of 8.5+ for sure
just have a question I’m watching sao war part 2 rn and I’m on episode 2 or 1 but I heard a movie is coming out so did the light novel just end or are they waiting for more material from the LN
Jun 18, 2021 10:22 PM
Jun 2020
Anayan_Kashyap said:
Sidelink said:
bro u said u liked GGO means half of s2, 1st few eps means Aincrad Arc, liked OS and Loved Alicization means s3 and the movie, so what's left there?

Only the Fairy Dance arc, Calibur, which is understandable but Mother's Rosario arc was really great, how can u not like that?

By mother's Rosario arc I mean, where there was Yuki konno

But thr comment u wrote it Means bro u like SAO more than disliking because u liked almost all thr arcs, that's it but I felt bad for u because Mother's Rosario arc was better than GGO And OS, which I think YES
I did not like all of the Aincrad Arc, only like 3 or 4 episodes and GGO got meh at a certain point...
Jun 18, 2021 10:28 PM

Oct 2020
piggies_united said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

just have a question I’m watching sao war part 2 rn and I’m on episode 2 or 1 but I heard a movie is coming out so did the light novel just end or are they waiting for more material from the LN
After SAO ALICIZATION WoU pt.2 there will be one another and probably the last arc known as thr UNITAL RING arc, which will be s4 of the series.

Thre LN of Alicization ends at vol 18 and Unital Ring starts from vol 21.

About the movie:
If you've seen s1 u know about the 1st 15 eps aka THE AINCRAD ARC, which is undoubtedly the best arc of the series, Alicization is 2nd till now, not gonna talk about UR yet. But s1 and thr LN skips almost everything because Reki said that he had to finish the story to get the Dengeki Bungo Novel award, and he said he will write another novel series named SWORD ART ONLINE PROGRESSIVE aka SAOP which will tell everything happened in AINCRAD floor by floor, it was published on 2012 so after a decade finally that LN is getting adapted into anime from which the movie will adapt half of the 1st vol aka ARIA ON A STARLESS NIGHT aka thr 1st floor of Aincrad.

So to watch thr movie it's better to watch s1, the 1st 15 eps, and thr other seasons or 2nd course of s1 have nothing to do with it.

SAOP is way better than the og LNs in many many ways, just don't read SAO mangas.
Jun 19, 2021 12:26 AM
Nov 2020
I thought that the first season of alicization was good.

(Compared to the rest)
Jun 19, 2021 4:50 AM
Aug 2020
Just because of how they adapted Sao doesn't mean that they adapt LN horribly, look at 86 for example, one of the best adaptions for a light novel I have seen
Jun 19, 2021 5:21 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
SageMode1234 said:
momentie said:

yeah the fist volume of sword art online ain't amazing but the ggo arc in my opinion is where the series starts to become great.

Huh that a fact? I shall have to look into reading em😎👍
Jun 19, 2021 5:22 AM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Anayan_Kashyap said:
momentie said:

yup try reading the LNs 1 time, I bet it will be one of thr best u have read, and ENTERTAINING, check SAO and SAOP LN ratings on MAL and Google, try buying it from LN volume 9 which starts the Alicization arc, and if u like SAO nad don't want to see it getting butchered after s3 then buy LN from Volume 21 which starts a new arc and probably thr last arc of the series called UNITAL RING, which will be s4.

And I recommend u to buy Unital Ring (I just got that book yesterday) and especially Progressive volumes from 1 because volume 001 holds 2 floors and thr movie will show only 1 floor now.

SAO and SAOP manga are very very very very bad.
Reasons: og SAO manga have very bad art.
SAOP manga is short and it goes in a vary different direction from thr LNs which is similar to s1 Aincrad.

Good luck if u want to buy, it won't disappoint u I guarantee, but it depends upon u

Sounds neat, shall add it to my to do list some day😁😁👍👍
Jun 19, 2021 5:31 AM

Oct 2020
Matt20am said:
Just because of how they adapted Sao doesn't mean that they adapt LN horribly, look at 86 for example, one of the best adaptions for a light novel I have seen
Yes you are right but look Yes they adapted LNs nicely, but they go constant up and down which is not something good, they made SAO one of thr most hated anime now, even they gave their 100% on s3 which was almost perfect but it didn't work because of what they did before, so Yes u can't say it's horrible nor it's best , still it's one of my favorite studio
Jun 19, 2021 5:35 AM
Dec 2020
Bruh their 86 is doing good job lmao but for Sao? Yeah i agree its not that good
Jun 19, 2021 5:49 AM

Nov 2016
Haven't read 86 yet, but I'm sure that the anime is a great adaptation.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2021 5:49 AM
Sep 2020
SageMode1234 said:
I swear do a-1 pictures love to take any detail and either butcher it or not add it in at all they take out world building and character development it makes reki kawahara look like a bad writer when he isn't.
bad at light novel adaptations? Are u even watching 86? Thats one of the best light novel adaptations i have ever seen
Jun 19, 2021 6:32 AM

Jan 2018
86 is amazing.

Are you saying SAO Alicization was good?
Jun 19, 2021 7:47 AM
Nov 2020
Spoopy69 said:
SageMode1234 said:
bad at light novel adaptations? Are u even watching 86? Thats one of the best light novel adaptations i have ever seen
I'm not talking about 86 I mean there adaptation for sword art online alicization.
Jun 19, 2021 7:50 AM
Sep 2020
Dragon_AD said:
86 goes brrrrrrrrrrr
hahahaha yea 86 is a banger
Jun 19, 2021 7:50 AM
Sep 2020
SageMode1234 said:
Spoopy69 said:
I'm not talking about 86 I mean there adaptation for sword art online alicization.
then u mean the light novels of just SAO and not a-1 pictures overall right?
Jun 19, 2021 9:17 AM
Apr 2021
I mean 86 is amazing
Jun 19, 2021 9:20 AM
Nov 2020
Spoopy69 said:
SageMode1234 said:
then u mean the light novels of just SAO and not a-1 pictures overall right?
yeah I mean for sao.

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.