Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 29, 2021 3:46 AM
Jan 2021
jjk is so awesome the combinations of the characters is so cool i think by the second season is going at least be in the top three 😍😍 it does really deserve that cause the manga and the up coming events deserve to wait for this is just the beginning 😈😁
Am-into-animeMar 29, 2021 3:50 AM
Mar 29, 2021 4:41 AM

Jan 2021
I really liked it. I don't find shounen as entertaining as I used to probably cuz I'm older now. They tend to drag a lot with the tournament arcs and training sessions and 'the power of friendship' and 'talk no jutsu' stuff can get real tiresome real fast. But this was really fun. The stellar animation and dope soundtrack definitely add to its hype. It is flawed like most shounen but I didn't find myself skipping it like I did with others like BnHA, demon slayer. The fighting sequences are pretty cool and the show feels a bit more self aware than most. All in all, it's a fun ride and serves its purpose.
Mar 29, 2021 5:22 AM
Aug 2018
yeah, it's a pretty good show, can't wait for the movie and season 2
Mar 29, 2021 5:37 AM

May 2015
Wallup said:
Emblemz said:
I'm amazed at how people say JJK doesn't compare to greats like HxH, One Piece, etc as though the first 24 episodes weren't great. Compare it to any other shounens first 24 episodes, and it can be universally agreed upon the JJK's stands out a lot

hmmm I'd agree but I won't say it's better than the first 24 episodes of HxH or One Piece. It's still great regardless but that's a bit of a stretch there mate.
As a big HxH fan and somewhat of OP fan, their first 24 episodes aren't talked about that often. Specifically, everything before Heavens Arena in HxH is considered its weakest parts.

Mar 29, 2021 6:35 AM

Feb 2020
for a shounen i would say its an A+ tier and anime in general probably between B and A-.
Mar 29, 2021 7:11 AM

Oct 2020
it has potential to become the next AOT or even the best shounen of all time
# of bans: 4

@NoLiferSoul is an S+ tier MAL Staff member

@anime-prime and @AlexPaulLEWZ are S tier

Rest are mid
Mar 29, 2021 7:13 AM

Jan 2021
I haven't finished it yet (I'm on episode 18 rn) but so far I would say it's a little boring. I do enjoy it and it is good but I think it's a bit overrated. Eh, who knows, my opinion might change when I finish it
Mar 29, 2021 8:16 AM

Sep 2013
It's really good in terms of fights animation music and some characters. But I don't know it feels like it's missing something to make it truly special. Maybe we'll see it in future seasons.
sic mundus
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2018
Comparing the last two mainstream shounen, Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer. JK is wayyyyy better. I think the biggest strength Jujutsu has over DS is likeable characters. Almost all characters in JK are likeable, while in Demon Slayer they have some likeable characters, and also some characters I want to be killed off the show cuz of how annoying they are (Zenitsu, and Inosuke).

Mar 29, 2021 10:51 AM

Oct 2020
Emblemz said:
Wallup said:

hmmm I'd agree but I won't say it's better than the first 24 episodes of HxH or One Piece. It's still great regardless but that's a bit of a stretch there mate.
As a big HxH fan and somewhat of OP fan, their first 24 episodes aren't talked about that often. Specifically, everything before Heavens Arena in HxH is considered its weakest parts.

Hey that's cool! I just don't think that in terms of writing JJK surpasses HxH and One Piece by any means. But if we're discussing like animation and general likeability of the first 24 episodes then I can see where you're coming from :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2021 11:24 AM

May 2015
Wallup said:
Emblemz said:

Hey that's cool! I just don't think that in terms of writing JJK surpasses HxH and One Piece by any means. But if we're discussing like animation and general likeability of the first 24 episodes then I can see where you're coming from :D
Yea that's exactly what I meant. Idk if I'd say JJK on the whole is anywhere as good as those two but again... most people have seen a quarter of JJK vs however much of HxH or One Piece which is why those comparisons have to be specific. But yea everyone enjoys stuff differently so I won't argue too hard with anyone.

Mar 29, 2021 11:37 AM

Oct 2020
Emblemz said:
Wallup said:

Yea that's exactly what I meant. Idk if I'd say JJK on the whole is anywhere as good as those two but again... most people have seen a quarter of JJK vs however much of HxH or One Piece which is why those comparisons have to be specific. But yea everyone enjoys stuff differently so I won't argue too hard with anyone.

Yo we agree then. That pretty cool 🤝
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2021 5:25 PM

Nov 2010
Emblemz said:
I'm amazed at how people say JJK doesn't compare to greats like HxH, One Piece, etc as though the first 24 episodes weren't great. Compare it to any other shounens first 24 episodes, and it can be universally agreed upon the JJK's stands out a lot

That's actually a pretty good point. I think I also subconsciously included all of the JJK manga arcs that have yet to be adapted when I made my comparison and if I were to just compare the first 24 episodes JJK is pretty amazing. By the way, this is also the first time I've seen someone with that many shared shows and still nearly 70% affinity on MAL.
Mar 30, 2021 12:49 AM

Nov 2020
Emblemz said:
I was rather unimpressed by it. The start of the show is as generic as it can get and the writing in fights is often questionable. Villains make awkward pauses to let protagonists speak and recover (instead of attacking), villains reveal how their powers work (just why would anyone do that?) and Megumi's development in episode 23 just didn't make sense to me. Why would a decision to risk your life unlock a new ability? Also, I feel like not using that ability is risking being killed... And why did he look crazy?

JJK would land between kny and mha in my opinion (kny<jjk<mha)
Mar 30, 2021 2:18 AM
Jan 2017
titan_fullbuster said:
It's just a shounen with flashy fights left and right and ZEROOOO Character development
zero character development???? You saw another show fr
Mar 30, 2021 3:30 AM
Oct 2018
ChrisThunder said:
titan_fullbuster said:
It's just a shounen with flashy fights left and right and ZEROOOO Character development
Shitty Power ups doesn't count as character development lmao
Mar 30, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2016
MarkVijet said:
Emblemz said:
I was rather unimpressed by it. The start of the show is as generic as it can get and the writing in fights is often questionable. Villains make awkward pauses to let protagonists speak and recover (instead of attacking), villains reveal how their powers work (just why would anyone do that?) and Megumi's development in episode 23 just didn't make sense to me. Why would a decision to risk your life unlock a new ability? Also, I feel like not using that ability is risking being killed... And why did he look crazy?

I didnt see much of villains pausing instead of attacking in this show tho, and if there is any thats something really common in this medium.

There is already an in universe explanation of why people explain their powers mid fights, it makes the techniques have a boost.

It was already stated that being a sorcerer required to be somewhat crazy, and Megumi always was teased as having a lot of potential from the beggining, there is a recurrent plotpoint of him always holding himself back in fights and when he is about to go all out, he always gets stopped by someone else or he is held back by his mindset, thats why Gojo teachs him that he should be more selfish and greedy. Megumi moment of crazyness was an adrenaline rush trying something that he has never tried before on an special grade opponent.

Rather than going with his trump card which seems to be a certain death for himself but will certainly kill his opponent, like the sacrifice bunt analogy. So he thinks he he’s crazy, but he’s finally putting his own life first rather than giving up like he usually does, which I think put him in kind of a manic headspace. Also is clearly inspired by Gojo

You should pay more attention to the show.
Mar 30, 2021 6:33 AM

Mar 2021
jjk is better than mha
Mar 30, 2021 6:54 AM

Nov 2020
DeepRiver said:
MarkVijet said:

I didnt see much of villains pausing instead of attacking in this show tho, and if there is any thats something really common in this medium.

There is already an in universe explanation of why people explain their powers mid fights, it makes the techniques have a boost.

It was already stated that being a sorcerer required to be somewhat crazy, and Megumi always was teased as having a lot of potential from the beggining, there is a recurrent plotpoint of him always holding himself back in fights and when he is about to go all out, he always gets stopped by someone else or he is held back by his mindset, thats why Gojo teachs him that he should be more selfish and greedy. Megumi moment of crazyness was an adrenaline rush trying something that he has never tried before on an special grade opponent.

Rather than going with his trump card which seems to be a certain death for himself but will certainly kill his opponent, like the sacrifice bunt analogy. So he thinks he he’s crazy, but he’s finally putting his own life first rather than giving up like he usually does, which I think put him in kind of a manic headspace. Also is clearly inspired by Gojo

"There is already an in universe explanation of why people explain their powers mid fights, it makes the techniques have a boost." - when was that mentioned?
"It was already stated that being a sorcerer required to be somewhat crazy"- again when was that stated? Also none of the sorcerers look crazy aside from Megumi at that point. In contrary, Gojo appears to be rather calm when casting cursed techniques.
I still don't get why Megumi went crazy in that moment. People don't just change their personality when they enter an adrenaline rush
Mar 30, 2021 7:48 AM
Jul 2016
MarkVijet said:
DeepRiver said:

"There is already an in universe explanation of why people explain their powers mid fights, it makes the techniques have a boost." - when was that mentioned?
"It was already stated that being a sorcerer required to be somewhat crazy"- again when was that stated? Also none of the sorcerers look crazy aside from Megumi at that point. In contrary, Gojo appears to be rather calm when casting cursed techniques.
I still don't get why Megumi went crazy in that moment. People don't just change their personality when they enter an adrenaline rush

Regarding the first point. It was stated in episode 11, when Nanami was fighting Mahito in the sewers and the former went overtime mode, he explained the details of his abilities and how that whole thing about explaining your powers works. This also continues when later Hanami (the tree curse) injects some parasite seeds in Megumi leaving him incapacited, he explained how that ability works, claiming that way it would work faster. Even in the last episode with blood brothers, the elder brother explained to Yuji and Nobara how their technique works, after that he states that now he explained it they will die even faster.

Regarding the second point. It was already stated by Gojo during the very first episodes, i think around Nobaras introduction, that you have to be a little crazy to be a jujutsu sorcerer. A lot of characters have their own ways of embrace their crazyness, Nobara is a total sadistic psycho when fighting seriously, Todou is a dude with some clearly screw loose, Nanami may look sane, but the fact that he abandoned a normal and extremely well paid job to turn into a sorcerer speaks for itself, Panda is a straight up monster himself. Gojo doesnt go crazy when he uses CTs because he is so broken and powerful that it isnt neccesary, but he also has a crazy and dark side to him but i wont say anymore because otherwise it would be manga spoilers. Megumi is someone who represses his feelings hard. So they tend to come out in full force when he's pressured, well, getting knocked unconscious probably added to it, but normally when backed into a corner he’d rely on a suicide attack to win, he didnt really change, he just allowed himself to become a bit more of himself.
Mar 30, 2021 8:01 AM

Dec 2020
DeepRiver said:
MarkVijet said:

Regarding the first point. It was stated in episode 11, when Nanami was fighting Mahito in the sewers and the former went overtime mode, he explained the details of his abilities and how that whole thing about explaining your powers works. This also continues when later Hanami (the tree curse) injects some parasite seeds in Megumi leaving him incapacited, he explained how that ability works, claiming that way it would work faster. Even in the last episode with blood brothers, the elder brother explained to Yuji and Nobara how their technique works, after that he states that now he explained it they will die even faster.

Regarding the second point. It was already stated by Gojo during the very first episodes, i think around Nobaras introduction, that you have to be a little crazy to be a jujutsu sorcerer. A lot of characters have their own ways of embrace their crazyness, Nobara is a total sadistic psycho when fighting seriously, Todou is a dude with some clearly screw loose, Nanami may look sane, but the fact that he abandoned a normal and extremely well paid job to turn into a sorcerer speaks for itself, Panda is a straight up monster himself. Gojo doesnt go crazy when he uses CTs because he is so broken and powerful that it isnt neccesary, but he also has a crazy and dark side to him but i wont say anymore because otherwise it would be manga spoilers. Megumi is someone who represses his feelings hard. So they tend to come out in full force when he's pressured, well, getting knocked unconscious probably added to it, but normally when backed into a corner he’d rely on a suicide attack to win, he didnt really change, he just allowed himself to become a bit more of himself.

To be exact, explaining your power to make it stronger is brought in
Ep 7, 9,10, 16, 19, 20, and 24.

The Kyoto kids were ready to murder Itadori just because their principal said to(even "normal" Miwa and Mai) and the Tokyo kids are pretty crazy too.
I was about to say Inumaki's the only non-crazy one but he went head-to-head against Hanami lol.
We don't even need to talk about manga spoilers for Gojo's dark side.
Rewatch episode 7 and 20 and look at Gojo's face. His expressions.
Specifically when he's beating up Jogo, ripping off his head or crushing Coat rack guy's limbs.

Megumi did technically change.
He had the potential sure, but he never tried anything with it.
Facing the curse that caused him to runaway and fail his goal of saving Itadori is what triggered him to change his mindset and actually try.
Mar 30, 2021 12:36 PM

Nov 2020
DeepRiver said:
MarkVijet said:

Thanks for correcting me then.
Mar 30, 2021 3:30 PM
Jan 2017
titan_fullbuster said:
ChrisThunder said:
Shitty Power ups doesn't count as character development lmao
you saw another show fr
Jul 18, 2023 11:59 PM

Jan 2020
As a modern Shounen it surprise me JJK doesn't have the cheesy PSA message like nEvEr gIvE uP or lOVe eVeRyOnE. They also portray teenagers more realistic than most shounen titles.
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jul 20, 2023 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
MY only complaint is how every side character is x100 more interesting and has a better backstory and motivation then THE FREAKING PROTAGONIST???? I would chose literally any of their stories for the MC over Yuji's.... its crazy how they can't make him even remotely interesting or fun to get behind..... "I want to give people a proper death cus my grandpa died & said to help people"..... that's it dude?
Nov 18, 2023 11:58 PM

Feb 2017
mid overhyped anime, cant even topped demon slayer / mha first season low bar.

character are one dimensional anime trope card board, barely any interaction between them.
plot is nonexistent, basically one fight to another fights.
power system is literally "random bullshit go" and "crazy looking anime shiiiiii go"

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 11, 8:54 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I'm usually a hater for shounenshit, but I like JnK quite a lot. I wanna see more, which is a rare thing to happen to me. I'll give the first season a solid 6/10. Could have been a 7/10 if the side characters were more interesting. I only really like Gojo and Panda so far.
Mar 13, 4:34 AM

Jul 2014
It really is. It stands shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter as one of battle shounen's crown jewels. Season 2 in particular honestly might be the gold standard of anime fight sequences.
Take care of yourself

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

280 by satyrelfheim »»
Today, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

650 by srkAIOH_008 »»
Today, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

347 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 6:22 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

335 by nightjasmine »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2020

207 by nightjasmine »»
Yesterday, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.