Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 23, 2021 1:03 AM

May 2016
This was going to be good until that bitch brought up that stupid idea.
Reviving my ass don’t kill them in the first place, ah I’m so pissed off
this was going to be such a good show… and now he plans to kill 20k
humans without second thought.
May 25, 2022 2:10 PM

Oct 2012
Not gonna lie, this episode pretty much killed the entire series for me. This was such a great opportunity for the story and the mc to move to an interesting direction.

Because of his hands-off approach and lack of long-term strategy on how he intends to handle global affairs, the city and parts of the population got put to the sword. Even a trusted subordinate of his got killed. I was really intrigued for a moment what this was gonna evolve into.

Until the word "resurrection" was uttered...

And I knew, it´s over. Nothing is gonna come out of this. Everyone is just going to come back to life and our mc will get a massive power boost. That´s it. We all understand that in like 95 % of cases the heroes are gonna come out on top, that´s not surprising (especially in isekai power fantasies). But if you are going to make it virtually impossible for even support characters to get the axe and stay dead, how do you expect to ever create suspense again?

The only possible way to salvage this would have been to go ahead with the resurrection plan, but have it ultimately fail (making the 3 % chance at success a realistic erstimation). Now that would have been a powerplay and a rollercoaster of emotions. But alas, it was not meant to be.
Jun 3, 2022 1:01 PM

May 2021
Rimuru want to become a Demon King by killing merely 10000 human soul at least, hmm
does this mean that Rimuru is telling us that "The end justifies the means" ?
That's a philosophy of a tyrant.
Jun 3, 2022 1:07 PM

May 2021
NekoMikoBismarck said:
Not gonna lie, this episode pretty much killed the entire series for me. This was such a great opportunity for the story and the mc to move to an interesting direction.

Because of his hands-off approach and lack of long-term strategy on how he intends to handle global affairs, the city and parts of the population got put to the sword. Even a trusted subordinate of his got killed. I was really intrigued for a moment what this was gonna evolve into.

And I knew, it´s over. Nothing is gonna come out of this. Everyone is just going to come back to life and our mc will get a massive power boost. That´s it. We all understand that in like 95 % of cases the heroes are gonna come out on top, that´s not surprising (especially in isekai power fantasies). But if you are going to make it virtually impossible for even support characters to get the axe and stay dead, how do you expect to ever create suspense again?

The only possible way to salvage this would have been to go ahead with the resurrection plan, but have it ultimately fail (making the 3 % chance at success a realistic erstimation). Now that would have been a powerplay and a rollercoaster of emotions. But alas, it was not meant to be.

That is a good point, "suspense again!!!" won't happen.
Jun 17, 2022 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
Nazgool said:
Rimuru want to become a Demon King by killing merely 10000 human soul at least, hmm

its not bad thing hes planning cause they are W8 there to wipe out the rest of the town, a genocide, this kingdom is attempting genocide so serves then right if he kills 10k of them

You have doubts about sacrificing some lives to bring back others, but the thing is, Rimuru would have to kill them anyways. You have to remember that the army is coming to attack Tempest. The Falmuth Kingdom has started a war, and if the army is not killed, they will attack and destroy Tempest. If they're going to be killed anyways, he might as well use their deaths to bring back his own people

so when Nazis (and they are so like Nazis) come to wipe ur country out u say to ur president and army run if u kill them ur bad guys? well that's how u sound like

if u can find and wipe out enemy camp before they attack again its a win for u and part of war
NekoMikoBismarck said:

Nazgool said:
NekoMikoBismarck said:

3% thing changes once hes demon lord and sage counted to that the 3% in hes current state
Sugram22Jun 17, 2022 12:58 PM
Jun 17, 2022 2:00 PM

May 2021
Sugram22 said:

its not bad thing hes planning cause they are W8 there to wipe out the rest of the town, a genocide, this kingdom is attempting genocide so serves then right if he kills 10k of them

You have doubts about sacrificing some lives to bring back others, but the thing is, Rimuru would have to kill them anyways. You have to remember that the army is coming to attack Tempest. The Falmuth Kingdom has started a war, and if the army is not killed, they will attack and destroy Tempest. If they're going to be killed anyways, he might as well use their deaths to bring back his own people

so when Nazis (and they are so like Nazis) come to wipe ur country out u say to ur president and army run if u kill them ur bad guys? well that's how u sound like

I am not of those whom you might consider: "Don't declare war, declare love". Most of the times blood should be washed by blood and steel is faced by steel. It is war after all, and you are defending your rights at the highest level.
The amount of the attackers that would be killed won't be defined this way, maybe you might massacre the whole army just to stop them and furthermore Tempest nation might attack that nation (I don't remember the name), if Tempest sensed that they won't stop and attack again or what whatever might be.
On the other hand killing let's say 500 might stop their attack and make them surrender.

In this way (killing 10000 to be become a demon lord) Rimuru's Intention was not defending his country, it is the will too have an overwhelming power and it is not a bad thing, to be honest it is the right thing to think about and put it at the highest level of your duties and plans, but not in this way.

Thanks for the quote, much appreciate it.
And to tell you the truth, my country was in war and still, so I have been through a lot of these situations, By this "The end justifies the means", sectarians ruling us, killing us, stealing us, and doing every horrible act you might think of.
Wisdom, prudence, and insight is a key factor in war.
Jun 18, 2022 12:43 AM

Sep 2012
Nazgool said:
Sugram22 said:

In this way (killing 10000 to be become a demon lord) Rimuru's Intention was not defending his country, it is the will too have an overwhelming power and it is not a bad thing, to be honest it is the right thing to think about and put it at the highest level of your duties and plans, but not in this way.

Intention don't matter cause fact is he would have had to kill then anyway (cause they were on their way to wipe out the remaining Tempest ppl) so why not use their deaths to save ur ppl? if Eren would have not told that story he would have still done same thing, wiped out a lot of their forces camped outside then city cause they were preparing for final assault so hes Intention don't matter, Eren just made him wiping their camp out count for something more, something useful 

he will kill humans that are coming to genocide them so its justified 

so ur saying he should let this Nazis genocide them? sarcasm

its counter attack, attack them before they attack u, so them coming is convenient for him

i guess u don't pay attention enough

Sugram22Mar 18, 2023 6:29 AM
Jun 18, 2022 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
Sugram22 said:
Nazgool said:

if u can find and wipe out enemy camp before they attack again its a win for u and part of war
NekoMikoBismarck said:

Nazgool said:

3% thing changes once hes demon lord and sage counted to that the 3% in hes current state

Then why bring up the percentage in the first place, if it is not going to be acurate? Clearly it was meant to raise the stakes/create suspense/show the massive odds they have to fight against. Which, and that was my main argument, was already a mute point at that stage by merely uttering the word "resurrection". That was a massive suspense killer, because they sure as hell weren´t going to throw in a massive curve ball and just have the plan fail. Of course everyone was gonna come back at that point then. That is my main gripe in that episode.
NekoMikoBismarckJun 18, 2022 12:07 PM
Jun 18, 2022 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
NekoMikoBismarck said:
Sugram22 said:

Then why bring up the percentage in the first place, if it is not going to be acurate? Clearly it was meant to raise the stakes/create suspense/show the massive odds they have to fight against. Which, and that was my main point, was already a mute point at that stage by merely uttering the word "resurrection". That was a massive suspense killer, because they sure as hell weren´t going to throw in a massive curb ball and just have the plan fail. Of course everyone was gonna come back at that point then. That is my main gripe in that episode.

and it did raise the stakes/create suspense/show cause u thought 3% is legit but it was calculated as hes current state before becoming demon lord and after becoming demon lord it became 100%
Sugram22Jun 18, 2022 12:11 PM
Jun 19, 2022 4:34 AM

Oct 2012
Sugram22 said:
NekoMikoBismarck said:

Then why bring up the percentage in the first place, if it is not going to be acurate? Clearly it was meant to raise the stakes/create suspense/show the massive odds they have to fight against. Which, and that was my main point, was already a mute point at that stage by merely uttering the word "resurrection". That was a massive suspense killer, because they sure as hell weren´t going to throw in a massive curb ball and just have the plan fail. Of course everyone was gonna come back at that point then. That is my main gripe in that episode.

and it did raise the stakes/create suspense/show cause u thought 3% is legit but it was calculated as hes current state before becoming demon lord and after becoming demon lord it became 100%

Mate, I didn´t think the 3% were legit in the first place, that´s my point. It was over for me when they brought the idea of resurrection into play. This killed any possible chance of creating suspese, it was done at that point. The chance of the resurrection happening was already at a 100 % when the word was merely uttered. I don´t know how else to explain it.
NekoMikoBismarckJun 19, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 24, 2022 4:13 AM

Feb 2014
So the full potion that before were too OP, able to heal everything, don't actually heal everything.

What's the point on killing a character and then "wait we can revive them, it is a 3 percent chance, but we can try. Let's see if 3% of all dead will be revived or if everyone will be resurrected, which would be bs.
Dec 13, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2021
what a rollercoaster of an episode.

never felt happier at the thought of someone killing tens of thousands of people. based rimuru. kill every last one of those filmuth fuckers.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 14, 2023 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
Attacking Tempest, murdering his people, the fairy tale on Milim (I guess its her at least), the fresh human soldiers that allow Rimuru become a demon lord so he can revive Shion and also the other people, I see it's all coming together.

Jan 29, 2023 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
NekoMikoBismarck said:
Sugram22 said:

Mate, I didn´t think the 3% were legit in the first place, that´s my point. It was over for me when they brought the idea of resurrection into play. This killed any possible chance of creating suspese, it was done at that point. The chance of the resurrection happening was already at a 100 % when the word was merely uttered. I don´t know how else to explain it.
some ppl complain about resection but as she said it works only cause of the barrier, but will there always be barrier around when ppl die? ofc not so in future ppl may die cause no resurrection chance

Jan 29, 2023 12:22 PM

Oct 2012
Sugram22 said:
NekoMikoBismarck said:

some ppl complain about resection but as she said it works only cause of the barrier, but will there always be barrier around when ppl die? ofc not so in future ppl may die cause no resurrection chance

So the supposed 3% chance was even lower when you factor in the barrier? Oh my, how dramatically convenient (or maybe that was already factored in, doesn´t really matter though). I lost faith that any character that is somewhat close to the mc is gonna die. If the writer can´t get rid of a character that was pretty much expendable in the first place, why should I expect any other possible and more impactful deaths in the future? I certainly lost interest to find out atm.
Jan 29, 2023 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
NekoMikoBismarck said:
Sugram22 said:

So the supposed 3% chance was even lower when you factor in the barrier? Oh my, how dramatically convenient (or maybe that was already factored in, doesn´t really matter though). I lost faith that any character that is somewhat close to the mc is gonna die. If the writer can´t get rid of a character that was pretty much expendable in the first place, why should I expect any other possible and more impactful deaths in the future? I certainly lost interest to find out atm.
3% was before becoming demon lord, grate sage was incapable of calculating how large % will be when hes demon lord, as demon lord it was i thing 97%, without barrier its zero
Jan 31, 2023 12:43 PM

Oct 2012
Sugram22 said:
NekoMikoBismarck said:
3% was before becoming demon lord, grate sage was incapable of calculating how large % will be when hes demon lord, as demon lord it was i thing 97%, without barrier its zero

Ok, perhaps we can stop discussing the theoretical possibility of a resurrection happening in a fantasy anime where the author can just make up rules as he goes, because that wasn´t the main issue in the first place. It could have been 0,03 % instead of 3% or your chances at hitting the mega millions in the lottery.

The main issue is the resurrection itself. If you trivialize death to such a degree that we can´t even entertain the thought of a fairly minor side character staying dead for more than an episode before you immediately bring up the possibility of bringing them back, then you´ve fucked it. Sorry, it is like I said from the start, the moment the word “resurrection” was uttered, it was a done deal. Unless you are straight from the womb, I can´t see anybody not see this coming from a mile away. No amount of bullshit explanations on how low the chances of the plan succeeding was going to change the fact that everybody was gonna come back to life at that point. Which makes any possible investment how mc and friends are going to fare in future battles really difficult to say the least.

That is what angered me so much about this episode, full stop.
Feb 18, 2023 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
I was wondering if they would actually kill Shion off like that, but of course they won't. This isn't Shingeki no Kyojin or Game of Thrones where main characters are actually in danger.
That whole resurrection thing seems like an asspull though, I would have preferred if Shion simply did not die and the other gobbos are gone. If they just all survive anyway, this attack loses a lot of its impact.
Mar 18, 2023 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
Raizel said:
humans that are coming to genocide them so its justified 

its counter attack, attack them before they attack u, so them coming is convenient for him

still is awesome show
Sugram22Mar 18, 2023 6:18 AM
Mar 18, 2023 6:16 AM

Sep 2012
NekoMikoBismarck said:

resurrection that only works if ppl die under the barrier so in most cases the resurrection is useless 

its all build up the greater things to come, i have been spoiling myself a little bit with videos that made LN in to VN where they use char models from other animes cause this characters have not been shown in VN nor manga

Mar 18, 2023 4:26 PM

Oct 2012
Sugram22 said:
NekoMikoBismarck said:

resurrection that only works if ppl die under the barrier so in most cases the resurrection is useless 

its all build up the greater things to come, i have been spoiling myself a little bit with videos that made LN in to VN where they use char models from other animes cause this characters have not been shown in VN nor manga

By the gods, didn´t we already go over this before? I really thought I finally got the point across to you, why go for this repeat argument? Is this gonna turn into a tradition or something? Or did you actually forget we already discussed this?

The probability of the resurrection itself is irrelevant! It is the fact it happened at all that is the issue here!
Mar 19, 2023 5:35 AM

Sep 2012
NekoMikoBismarck said:
Sugram22 said:

By the gods, didn´t we already go over this before? I really thought I finally got the point across to you, why go for this repeat argument? Is this gonna turn into a tradition or something? Or did you actually forget we already discussed this?

The probability of the resurrection itself is irrelevant! It is the fact it happened at all that is the issue here!
ups i came here to look but scrolled past our discussion so didn't notice  :D
Sugram22Apr 29, 2023 10:08 AM
Mar 23, 2023 8:55 AM
Jan 2018
Think they fucked up on the order of how they adapted this. All the despair should have been last episode.

This episode should have showed a few days had passed then have the hope
Apr 20, 2023 9:25 AM

May 2020
This series has no stakes whatsoever. One moment people were weeping, Rimuru was raging, and then.. " guys listen I've got a fairy tale with me, listen to this and reviving everyone would be easy-peasy. Chances you ask.. of course 100% hahaha".

Like hell resurrection, and then covering things up with mass annihilation. Just don't kill them in the first place then. This is just not right.

And wait did I mention anything about Myulan, about how she didn't face any consequences because of course everyone is going to get revived, so might as well leave her be.

This is still a decent watch but yeah no tension, no stakes just fluff.
Apr 29, 2023 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Softhenic03 said:
This series has no stakes whatsoever. One moment people were weeping, Rimuru was raging, and then.. " guys listen I've got a fairy tale with me, listen to this and reviving everyone would be easy-peasy. Chances you ask.. of course 100% hahaha".

Like hell resurrection, and then covering things up with mass annihilation. Just don't kill them in the first place then. This is just not right.

And wait did I mention anything about Myulan, about how she didn't face any consequences because of course everyone is going to get revived, so might as well leave her be.

This is still a decent watch but yeah no tension, no stakes just fluff.
they needed just plot device a reason why Rimuru would become demon lord

its not like he can use the resurrection any time he wants sins souls go away without barrier and some deaths can come out of the blue so he cant prepare and make barrier just in case
Sugram22Dec 9, 2023 6:45 AM
May 14, 2023 10:46 AM
Jan 2021
Şu yeniden diriltme olayından nefret ediyorum. O kadar üzülüyoruz karakter öldü diye
Oct 22, 2023 6:04 AM

Nov 2010
Shuna, all tired and sweaty with her kimono sleeves rolled up while tending to the wounded, is kinda hot!

I really dislike it when there's finally a meaningful death in the show, and suddenly, there's a way to bring them back. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the overall story so far.

Milim's backstory is interesting. Now I know why she was being dramatic about having companions during the Tensura Diaries.
Rimuru is gonna kill 10,000 humans? Interesting.
Nov 23, 2023 3:54 AM
Jun 2012
Now the story is picking back up.
Dec 9, 2023 6:43 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to Mattinator95
Think they fucked up on the order of how they adapted this. All the despair should have been last episode.

This episode should have showed a few days had passed then have the hope
@Mattinator95 i guess they had to compress cause of budget
Dec 9, 2023 6:46 AM

Sep 2012
Reply to MizuhoKamui
Shuna, all tired and sweaty with her kimono sleeves rolled up while tending to the wounded, is kinda hot!

I really dislike it when there's finally a meaningful death in the show, and suddenly, there's a way to bring them back. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the overall story so far.

Milim's backstory is interesting. Now I know why she was being dramatic about having companions during the Tensura Diaries.
Rimuru is gonna kill 10,000 humans? Interesting.
@MxS7HGS and why no kill them when they are coming back to genocide them anyway, its like they want to offer themselves to Rimuru lol
Dec 16, 2023 6:01 PM

Nov 2023
Oof I feel bad for Shion after sh e died nooo
Feb 25, 12:37 PM
Nov 2016
Killing Shion was a DUMB move. She's literally the best girl in the show. Doesn't matter if she can be revived or not. Such a massive fail from the author.
Mar 14, 1:47 PM

Aug 2019
there is necessary evil to be done to revive shion and the others. just hoping that 3% is enough.

also so that is millims story
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 8:25 AM
Sep 2020
Reply to Sugram22
Rhapsody- said:
This show is REALLY GOOD at killing off any tension it builds.

Generic Waifu bait #2434 aka Shion died. What a "tragedy".... I couldn't care less. Her big tittes were the only personality trace she had.

And I couldn't care less as well about that Mjurran girl and how Youm and the other dude simp for her so much after just 20 minutes of being close each other (and less than 5 minutes onscreen for us the viewers). She caused a genocide and the serie portrays her as the victim here, on top of that she got forgiven for everything. Awful character. Awful writing and development of a relationship between characters. Awful EVERYTHING in this "serious" arc.

KitsuYurikano said:
Rhapsody- said:
This show is REALLY GOOD at killing off any tension it builds.

Generic Waifu bait #2434 aka Shion died. What a "tragedy".... I couldn't care less. Her big tittes were the only personality trace she had.

And I couldn't care less as well about that Mjurran girl and how Youm and the other dude simp for her so much after just 20 minutes of being close each other (and less than 5 minutes onscreen for us the viewers). She caused a genocide and the serie portrays her as the victim here, on top of that she got forgiven for everything. Awful character. Awful writing and development of a relationship between characters. Awful EVERYTHING in this "serious" arc.

absolute fakking Dum

juniorrrbello said:
So I'm not the only one who wanted myurran dead right? She betrayed the whole of Tempest for her own greed, causing the deaths of multiple lives (regardless of resurrection), and in return she doesn't get killed and instead gets saved and a slap on the wrist?

rayeine said:
juniorrrbello said:
So I'm not the only one who wanted myurran dead right? She betrayed the whole of Tempest for her own greed, causing the deaths of multiple lives (regardless of resurrection), and in return she doesn't get killed and instead gets saved and a slap on the wrist?
Ok thank you, this is how I feel as well. Wtf why do people like her?

ppl sometimes fall in love fast and second its short season so they can't take time to Dev that..., u half to acknowledge that a lot happened off screen to

Mjurran had no choice it was either do or die and see the one 1 love die to

i don't like her or hate her i am neutral about her, but like Negan in Walking dead said don't waste resources and humans are resource specially humans with power, its useful to have loyalty of powerful ppl and not just humans but it goes for any being as long as they are no like certain demon lord who is always plotting evil for hes amusement they are a resource, and she was just a pawn, dumb to kill her better to let her live with the knowledge what she did
Youbamii said:
juniorrrbello said:

Yeah i was pissed off at this as well, even her soon to be husband didn't try enough to stop her especially since he found out, you don't need to kill.her but he could have tried to stop her so we the viewers can see he actually tried to not betray the slime dude especially after all the slime dude did for him i feel like he was pretty ungrateful and she even if she was controlled she should have gotten a harsher punishment like I've felt it but slime dude is too immature for a dude who lived 30 years of his life most of the time he acts like he is a child and brushes off responsibility and etc king garzel roasted him about this you are leader of a nation start acting like one stop showing sympathy 24/7

if he stop her then their souls would be free and couldn't be resurrected so it works in their favor, and he probably thought that stopping her may kill her

nickehhhhhh said:
OMG RIP Shion and Gobzo! :((

u speak 2ealy, they mentioned resurrection didn't they?

HagePotPotato said:
what are you people complaining about? rimuru killing humans and committing genocide? NO. WRONG

defeating an invading army that wants to wipe out all the monsters is not genocide, is not "killing humans"

personally, i can't wait to see it. i hope he's successful. but i never expected him to wind up a demon lord. crazy. guess that's the only way he'll be able to defeat clayman eventually

yea true, the trash king and hes follower deserve what's coming to them

aplacebeyondMAL said:
Remember kids- genocide is okay so long as it's to help your friends!

it not genocide to attack ppl who attacked ur country, they declared war and that's called war, that's how war is they attack u and u attack back, W8 don't tell me that ur that naïve to think they are finished and will leave if he doesn't wipe out the army nearby? actually what this kingdom and church are attempting is genocide

only difference from regular war is that he has to do it solo to resurrect hes ppl and that after that he has to offer their souls in exchange for hes ppl's souls (logically thinking it has to be a ritual what works that way) but killing the army nearby is regular war i mean like how wars usually are

also do u even know what genocide is? seem no sins u can't make the difference between war and genocide

Vysarine said:
Damn, after that massive tonal shift last episode, they're finally finding a good balance between despair and hope for the series. I was seriously worried that in a series with magic and reincarnation, they'd have that whole "resurrection is taboo" rule for no good reason again.

Is Rimuru really going to kill 10,000 humans? Or will he find some sort of workaround? Now things are really getting interesting.

don't pity them the trash king ant church started it its war so they get what's coming to them, that's what happens when u start a war enemy will hit back

XStein17 said:
If you don't have the guts to kill your characters, don't pretend you're killing them.

they need plot device to make him demon lord get it? so its not about not having guts to do it its just for that reason

Sugram22 said:
ppl sometimes fall in love fast and second its short season so they can't take time to Dev that..., u half to acknowledge that a lot happened off screen to

Mjurran had no choice it was either do or die and see the one 1 love die to

i don't like her or hate her i am neutral about her, but like Negan in Walking dead said don't waste resources and humans are resource specially humans with power, its useful to have loyalty of powerful ppl and not just humans but it goes for any being as long as they are no like certain demon lord who is always plotting evil for hes amusement they are a resource, and she was just a pawn, dumb to kill her better to let her live with the knowledge what she did

if there's no time to develop the characters' relationships on screen and it's still forced to make the characters love each other then it's the director or author fault. therefore the characters of mjurran, youm, and the other men become bad characters because it's not clear how long they've been in a relationship, and whatever they did that made them love each other off-screen. If you want to create development from off-screen then it still makes sense if there are two characters who start living together or have been together for several months or years then it is not strange if the two characters love each other off-screen. even though you don't know how deep the two characters' feelings are or what they did until they fell in love because it's clear how long they've been together off screen, but when compared to mjurran, youm, and that 1 other man. ....meh...they look more like characters who were forced to love each other by the author.
MuaraMar 27, 8:29 AM
Mar 27, 12:53 PM
Sep 2020
Reply to Sugram22
Raizel said:

still is awesome show
Sugram22 said:

still is awesome show

I agree with you, I don't understand why anyone would defend that asshole human. those who started it and those who will come back to attack again, so what's wrong with killing them all? they also slandered tempest residents, killed tempest residents, and tried to attack again but there were people who thought Rimuru shouldn't kill them after all the bastard things they did. if rimuru doesn't kill them then the residents of tempest will be destroyed. I think the people who support Falmuth's leadership are people who want to be pacifists but the brainless version.
Mar 27, 11:30 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to Muara
Sugram22 said:

still is awesome show

I agree with you, I don't understand why anyone would defend that asshole human. those who started it and those who will come back to attack again, so what's wrong with killing them all? they also slandered tempest residents, killed tempest residents, and tried to attack again but there were people who thought Rimuru shouldn't kill them after all the bastard things they did. if rimuru doesn't kill them then the residents of tempest will be destroyed. I think the people who support Falmuth's leadership are people who want to be pacifists but the brainless version.
@Muara and rimuru is already quite the pacifists, cause most would have killed Carybtis with fobio still inside but he told milim to kill it without killing fobio

Apr 4, 4:50 AM

Jun 2020
I still dont understand the problem with killing them he already needs to fight them so most of them gonna die in this version Rimuru gonna eat their soul it’s not like he gonna kill innocent civilians Rimuru gonna attack people who already killed he’s people like where is the problem even if he can’t save who already died Rimuru need to be more powerful now because humans don’t like them and Rimuru need to protect the kingdom
Apr 5, 5:59 PM

May 2019
So this episode confirmed what I suspected happened to both Shion and Gobta's friend which was that the otherworlders killed them. Speaking of which, I don't recall anyone telling Rimuru about the otherworlders so far.

Eren, whom I had forgotten about, appeared and told Rimuru of a fairy tale about resurrection where a half dragon/half human eventually became a demon lord and the illustrations of the girl looked alot like Milim. Also, I actually thought for a second that Rimuru killed Myulan but instead he basically freed her although now she may become queen since he asked Youm to become king of Falmuth since Rimuru plans to wipe them out. I'm thinking Rimuru will use their souls to become a demon lord, interesting stuff.
Apr 7, 7:18 AM

May 2015
Rimuru held it together after hearing about Shions fate. That really takes a lot. I'm glad Eren came back to shine a bit of positivity back into the story. Rimuru definitely needed it, and now I can't tell if i'm worried or gleeful in what the invading army is about to face!
Apr 20, 9:44 PM

Jan 2010
This episode gave me mixed feelings, but not in a bad way.

Normally, resurrecting characters cheapens their death, as in the case of anything pertaining to the magical or mystical, while they can create rules limiting the number of resurrections, these stories are also able to change their rules as they feel. It's not like stories that are grounded in reality, where one life is all a character has.

While becoming a Demon Lord can give Rimuru the power to resurrect everyone, the cost would usually be that the corpse would come back without a soul. However, due to the very, very specific circumstances present, Rimuru may be able to resurrect everyone with the sole cost of becoming a Demon Lord, which will most likely have its own consequences, particularly that of devouring ten thousand humans. Would this violate the very rules Rimuru established for the nation of Tempest at the beginning of the series? Would this jeopardize future human-monster relations? Would any of this even be brought up, or would Rimuru be given the pass by virtue of doing this for some greater good or out of self-defense?

It's been acknowledged, in an incredibly convenient manner by carriage-drawn plot device, that this low-success rate resurrection was even possible. It's also acknowledged that the sociopolitical climate of this isekai world is extremely fragile, and the slightest imbalance of power could lead to conflicts such as the one present here. The story knows that it's engaging in some ass pulls, but it's also aware of its implications.

I'm conflicted because I'd normally be apprehensive, if not against, backtracking on such significant decisions such as killing off named cast members. However, I do enjoy the cast, and after going through Slime Diaries, I may have inadvertently become endeared to them. Perhaps it's due to the series doing so well at making the characters fun and sympathetic. Maybe it's because of how the nation of Tempest comes across as such a pleasant place, and how we've seen the nation get built from the ground up over a long period of time. It could also be due to Rimuru being an interesting protagonist, where Rimuru is definitely powerful, yet is surprisingly still not the most overpowered character in the series yet.

Also, while Rimuru could power up to unfathomable heights, all the other characters in Tempest lack Rimuru's, well, main character status. This episode shows that everyone else is just as susceptible to injuries and death. Despite how acts of violence can be reversed - within the same episode no less - the concept of loss still impacts Rimuru, and seeing Rimuru own up and go out of the way to fix everything does somewhat make up for the ass pull. Convenient? Absolutely. Earned? Somewhat. Needed because the loss of these characters would drive the story down a very dark path, possibly irreversibly in a way that abandons its optimistic and wholesome nature? Possibly?

At the very least, the implications of Rimuru becoming a Demon Lord? I just hope it doesn't cause too big of a fuss. Honestly, I just want to know how the series justifies Rimuru consuming ten thousand humans, assuming Rimuru actually goes through with it. How many human lives are worth the monster lives that were taken? Is it even fair to compare the worth of lives? Rather, is it even right to bring up the comparison to begin with? Is the fact that these are soldiers that have committed atrocities, and are actively marching towards war to inflict harm against civilians, a fair reason for using them as essentially food? I can't say whether or not this act would be justified, but I'll at least let the series make its decision and see how it decides to go forward. Assessments of right or wrong, good or evil, and justified or unjustified are definitely interesting topics to bring up here, but as a viewer, I'm more interested in seeing how the characters react. In terms of morality, I wonder how the characters will vary.
ShockedApr 20, 9:49 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2021

185 by niknasr »»
Jun 4, 8:21 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2021

226 by Gradius2 »»
Jun 4, 11:57 AM

» Is Rimuru a war criminal?

ILikeCarbs - Aug 27, 2021

26 by jevriend »»
Jun 3, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

257 by DestinysAcee »»
May 20, 12:16 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

348 by Timur15 »»
May 19, 9:39 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.