Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 13, 2020 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
Damn... how big their school is?? the girls survey the venue they think fit for festival from noon to dusk. Here i though class building and club building are big enough (when ayumu want to buy drink,where does she want to buy it? no vending machine near club building is sure a torture, lol). Nijigasaki teritory is really wide ...

Kasumi is really your secretary. this time she accompanied Yu in meeting with student council member and make suggestion Box named kasumin box for solution. Later be used as "weapon" for convincing them. Any scene with kasumi in every episode always put smile on my face. lol.

meeting with shinonome and touou school idols end with positive result, with Karin teasing Himeno in the end. (why they play that sound effect? lol)

For Yu and Ayumu, if you put a word in cliffhanger scene and without context ... Ayumu force Yuu to bed and she says "you're mine"... feels like raep. lol.

And, If you think about Yuu episode, it feels like the story from chapter 15,16 and 17 in SIFAS game. here i thought chapter 2 or chapter 7 will be the ending of anime version. well, chapter 17 is the ending of season 1 in game... curious why Yuu call Ayumu in last scene?
Yay!
Dec 13, 2020 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
I know Love Live's various entries like to repeat plot points, character types and everything else all the time, but this "love triangle" subplot we've been railroaded into is one of the last ones I expected a repeat of. In theory, it could be an interesting development from a plot and character development, but Ayumu is such a dull character - to the point that, until she made an appearance in last week's episode I'd forgotten she existed at all - that it's just boring and nonsensical.

Even in her focus episode at the start, there was no foreshadowing of this jealousy of hers or even of any feelings that would lead to jealousy developing in; it was just suggested that Yu and Ayumu were childhood friends. If the show hadn't stuck so rigidly to its "one character per episode" structure and instead took steps to prepare the viewer for these developments, it might have been more interesting. As it is, however, it feels like the show has pulled this out of its ass because it couldn't think of any better ideas to finish its plot with.

That aside, the preamble about choosing a specific venue for the School Idol Festival is clear padding to drag out the paper-thin narrative to fill a full cour. If there wasn't just two episodes left, I'd be dropping this mediocre show, but may as well finish it now I suppose.
Dec 13, 2020 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
Absolutely amazing episode.

This single episode proves the writers have a clear vision for this long-running story and that everything was carefully planned from the start. It shows that they didn't decide to sell out and just do generic school idols doing generic school idol things, and that they still have their most loyal fans at heart despite the overwhelming success of the franchise.

I have no words for this episode.
The palpable loss of Honoka's grip on her own emotions and struggle for control is captivating. What a fascinating character, and in this episode we see her slowly unravel as the very things she made to make existence bearable are now acting without her best interests first and foremost on their minds. You're not meant to sympathize with her, or even understand this inhuman being, but the writers went for a spin I didn't expect and I honestly welcome it. They humanized Honoka, showing the struggle of one so powerful yet so lost.
Honoka knows exactly what she has to do, but she can't bring herself to do it. If you pay close attention, during the entire episode she seems a lot less animated and enthusiastic than usual (which confirms my theory she's been forcing herself the entire time to re-experience the one time in her life she felt stable and safe). Her facial expressions are very subtle and it's incredible how much pain and conflict the animators managed to convey through a stylized cartoon characters. They deserve as much praise as the writers.

The director also did a fantastic job. The slowly mounting dread was maximized in its impact with the close-up frames of Honoka's face, especially in the final confrontation with Venom Fang. The uncomfortable closeness as she tailed the object of her fear and disappointment, the subtle inclusion of a shaky camera and finally, the absence of music in key moments only followed by a few suspenseful piano notes.
Venom Fang stayed true to her character, and the writers didn't decide to make her a victim despite the overwhelming and terrifying power we know Honoka possesses. She stood by her words and for a moment, it even seemed her speech had gotten through to the monster...until we find out she's beyond salvation.
The writers gave us that tiny fraction of hope, after a full episode of humanizing Honoka and showing Venom Fang's resolve, potential and love for life, so that the final moment where it all goes to the deep end could hit all the harder.

Bravo. I commend every member of the staff who worked on this iconic episode. I am excitedly holding out for the next one.
FuckwitDec 20, 2020 7:26 PM
Dec 13, 2020 4:39 PM

Jan 2019
This anime is so disappointing.

First, the anime decides to make 9 episodes of non-existent storyline to present each of the girls individually. After all, who said it is important to have a story? What matters is to sell waifu.

Then, when finally something is going to happen, the girls will not enter Love Live, the event that is the name of the franchise and which should be the common point of all its instances. All that "festival which all school idol fans can enjoy" talk made me sick. I wanted to shout out to the screen: IT ALREADY EXISTS AND IS CALLED LOVE LIVE, STOP PRETENDING LOVE LIVE DOESN'T EXIST!

And now, this stupid Ayumu's jealousy plot.

Nijigasaki Club is one of my biggest disappointments with a 2020 anime.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Dec 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
Ryoketsu said:
Then, when finally something is going to happen, the girls will not enter Love Live, the event that is the name of the franchise and which should be the common point of all its instances. All that "festival which all school idol fans can enjoy" talk made me sick. I wanted to shout out to the screen: IT ALREADY EXISTS AND IS CALLED LOVE LIVE, STOP PRETENDING LOVE LIVE DOESN'T EXIST!

To be honest, the Love Live isn't the same as the School Idol Festival. The Love Live in-universe is an actual contest, a competition, while the School Idol Festival is just a Music Festival without that competition factor. In episode 3, they already mentioned the Love Live and Yuu told Setsuna that it isn't the only thing in-universe. Plus, how are they even going to compete in the Love Live since they're all solo idols? As a group? They're really different, that's why they're going solo. They might perform as a group on special occassions, but don't expect them to go full group for the Love Live. They all perform as solo idols for the Love Live? We don't even know if the Love Live allows more than one representative from each school. They choose just one of them to perform? That will certainly piss off the fans of the girls that don't get chosen.
Dec 13, 2020 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
Ryoketsu said:
This anime is so disappointing.

First, the anime decides to make 9 episodes of non-existent storyline to present each of the girls individually. After all, who said it is important to have a story? What matters is to sell waifu.

And now, this stupid Ayumu's jealousy plot.

Nijigasaki Club is one of my biggest disappointments with a 2020 anime.

Chill dude. They will not entering love live since they are based on solo idol. Beside niji is side project and not the main group. If you want group that entering love live wait for Love Live Superstar.
Dec 13, 2020 5:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. There were two parts. Two problems. While i am happy the application through the student council went into a good way, another part seemed to lead into them an emotional situations. Well, i can't do much, its really understandable to spice a bit over their successfull attempt to held that huge plans. No, Ayumu. Don't be like such a crybaby. You must let her go further since her dream seemed way too far ahead than you could imagined. Hopefully, Ayumu can be mature enough to realize her girlfriend feeling. Its not about Setsuna-chan only. Its farther away than that, and its not an ego sentric dream like yourself. Its about school idols as a whole. She wanted to be a great manager to managed all of the school idols, thats her new dream. So, please, be mature already, Ayumu, and considering yourself as a great school idol to be stay at her side, forever. Thats the only thing you can do, as a closer friend, for her. Right?

Okay. The concept of a city festival already been launched. Its not just a one lively concert! In the other side, its a surprising matter too how the student council, especially with Setsuna-chan's vice president, actually a fan of her. Well, in fact, they were all a lovely girls, everything connected in such a smooth way was understandable. Its a fun ride afterall! Then, the concept of the festival surprisingly satisfied me. Its showed how determinate they were to make everyone celebrate their own liking, in unity, at one commando. Now, i am really wondering how great that plan executed with the fullest potential they had. Can't wait to see the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 13, 2020 5:52 PM

Feb 2019
What are you doing, Sunrise? No no, school aidoru are asexual and aromantic teenagers, that's why you have absolutely no males in that world, remember? They can't have any complex and confusing feelings. School aidoru just love their friends and their fans very much. They just want to kagayaki for everyone. School aidoru need to be waifuable by idol otaku, not have character and, uh, unlikeable traits. This way, you're making the yuri bait too blatant, even they're going to catch on to it, that's bad, very bad.
Dec 13, 2020 6:31 PM
Jul 2020
Damn I feel like either people liked the lesbo thing a lot or disliked it with the jealousy plot and stuff.

Personally, I hated the lesbo thing and the jealousy plot coming up so often. Just want normal LL stuff that I signed up for, not weird lesbo stuff.

Aside from that, I mean, I wish they were trying to get into Love Live, but this School Idol Festival is progressing nicely and faster then in SIFAS.
Dec 13, 2020 8:58 PM

Jul 2016
Never thought Ayumu (You 2.0 but a lot less passive?) would be the possessive kind of girlfriend. Seriously, Love Live never ceases to amaze me with how much they can push the boundaries in girl x girl interactions without entering into full lesbian territory. Which is impressive but frustrating at the same time considering how annoying yuri-bait can become if it's used non-stop.

So... leaving the bits of Ayumu angst aside, it was actually a pretty wholesome episode with Yuu and co. finally obtaining the approval of the student council to organize this huge Idol festival. Yuu sure is doing her best and since it seems the festival will have multiple locations across the city, I can't deny the fact I'm feeling rather excited right now. Not to mention that it was also rather sweet to see the other clubs supporting the girls in their own ways.

Now on a side note, I also noticed the directing in this episode was kinda different. The addition of unusual camera angles sure looked a bit odd during some scenes but man, I gotta say it worked perfectly in that last sequence between Yuu and Ayumu.
SouthRzVaDec 13, 2020 9:16 PM
Dec 13, 2020 10:30 PM

Apr 2016
I kinda liked this episode a lot in comparison to the previous episodes. I wish this anime was just about ayumu and yu. Does anyone know any good anime similar to the plot of this episode. Watching this made me hungry for more, and I'd like to see an anime focused on this.

Someone please recommend me something good.

(with a good ending preferably)
A Filthy Weeb said:
SHINOBU IS
BEST WAIFU

•••••
Dec 13, 2020 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
SouthRzVa said:
Never thought Ayumu (You 2.0 but a lot less passive?) would be the possessive kind of girlfriend. Seriously, Love Live never ceases to amaze me with how much they can push the boundaries in girl x girl interactions without entering into full lesbian territory. Which is impressive but frustrating at the same time considering how annoying yuri-bait can become if it's used non-stop.

if the bait annoys you, there is a real yuri show Adachi to Shima also airing this season.

well, as for Love Live Niji.. my favorite girl Shizuku is not even involved with Ayumu, and I bought something from this show because of Shizuku presence alone. But now that there's some bait.. Sunrise might tempt me to spend even more. lol - but still waiting for the next episode, before pulling the trigger on more expenses, as money is not easy to come by these days..
Dec 13, 2020 11:06 PM

Jul 2016
Liddo-kun said:
SouthRzVa said:

if the bait annoys you, there is a real yuri show Adachi to Shima also airing this season.

I never said it annoys me in this particular show. If anything, it feels less forced here than in previous LLs.

I'm also well aware of Adachi to Shimamura but thank you anyways.
Dec 14, 2020 4:05 AM
Jan 2016
I wish this was not an idol show genre because I clearly know where this is headed already NOWHERE. What's the point of these plot setting if Sunrise won't even cross the line. I won't have issues with Ayumu liking girls but please for Godsake hope they stick to it, these baits are making the show less interesting because the characters will act like nothing ever happened.
Dec 14, 2020 10:08 AM

Jan 2020
So...Love Live finally became full Yuri.

Jokes, I know this is only the " extremely heartwarming" side of the meaning of friendship this franchise tries to have and there's no Yuri here, but this episode is on a whole new level lol
Dec 15, 2020 6:19 PM

Nov 2009
So much Yuri in this episode.

I sense a certain someone will go crazy with this. LOL

Also... Yandere mode activated? (too much Yuri makes you go cray-cray, I'll take mid-Yuri somewhere in between Shoujo-ai and Yuri)

___ ___ ___

And yes... those cookies... be weird to eat a body part of cute girls... lol

They would make great keychain-plushies tho.
amlgDec 15, 2020 8:03 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 15, 2020 9:03 PM
Dec 2008
Good episode. Getting a little yuri intensive suddenly.

Side note:
One thing I wanted to know from episode one was when Sentsuna was singing on the stairs they didn't show the Gundam Unicorn. They showed the Gundam Cafe sign(Bandai owns the rights so there should be no problem showing it). Finally, after 11 episodes they show the leg of the Gundam. I've been to that very location multiple times. Once when it was the RX-78 and twice now that it is the Unicorn.
Dec 16, 2020 6:04 AM
May 2019
This is shaping up nicely, I'm very excited for the conclusion and I wonder what A-Rise are going to sing ;)
Dec 16, 2020 2:26 PM

Mar 2008
Yuri-Crusader said:
Surprised to see people asking when have LL ever have Yuri in it. Well it have always been strong at the Yuri =P

This is the cd cover from the first season even named lily white. Do you know how to say lily in Japanese? Yuri . And the white lily is the strongest symbol used in Japan when they portrays lesbians in anime and manga. So IMO its noting new they just ramp it up

Please dont take this the wrong way. I respect your opinions and interpretations of this fictional media. I am just a bit surprised how the Yuri is received

the CD's title is not "lily white", it's the name of the sub-unit consisting of Umi, Nozomi, and Rin. the name was chosen by LL fans via voting out of a number of options, also sent by fans, and it's unrelated to the first season (or the anime at all), it was picked even before the anime was a thing iirc. the CD's title is "Binetsu kara Mystery". it has nothing to do with yuri.

love live has always been full of shoujo ai baits and unfortunately this time with Nijigaku it's all, once again, nothing more than a bait. (no matter how much i want ships like nozoeli to be canon lol love live will never give you canon gay ships, nijigaku is not an exception)
Dec 16, 2020 5:12 PM

Dec 2018
Yavimaya said:
Yuri-Crusader said:
Surprised to see people asking when have LL ever have Yuri in it. Well it have always been strong at the Yuri =P

This is the cd cover from the first season even named lily white. Do you know how to say lily in Japanese? Yuri . And the white lily is the strongest symbol used in Japan when they portrays lesbians in anime and manga. So IMO its noting new they just ramp it up

Please dont take this the wrong way. I respect your opinions and interpretations of this fictional media. I am just a bit surprised how the Yuri is received

the CD's title is not "lily white", it's the name of the sub-unit consisting of Umi, Nozomi, and Rin. the name was chosen by LL fans via voting out of a number of options, also sent by fans, and it's unrelated to the first season (or the anime at all), it was picked even before the anime was a thing iirc. the CD's title is "Binetsu kara Mystery". it has nothing to do with yuri.

love live has always been full of shoujo ai baits and unfortunately this time with Nijigaku it's all, once again, nothing more than a bait. (no matter how much i want ships like nozoeli to be canon lol love live will never give you canon gay ships, nijigaku is not an exception)

So the merchandise from LL have noting to do with LL? ok =P

The bait word are funny . I have a broad experience in Yuri. And its often subtle then being to direct .Just because the girls dont kiss all day long don't mean they are not lesbian and its bait. And its Yuri not shoujo ai

This was the strongest Yuri episode in LL so far.Not only between Yuu and Ayumu. But also the other girl that are a fan to Karin . She is clearly very into her and are also a lesbian.And the next episode name is called blossoming feelings. That is a word often used when friendship are blossomed into love.So I think they are more then friends and that this is a Yuri. But it matters not because people are so dead sett that this is just "bait" whatever might happened .Its ok to have that opinion ofc but I disagree with It

Yuri-CrusaderDec 17, 2020 4:44 AM
Dec 18, 2020 12:56 AM

Oct 2017
Well this is a first, I dun think we ever had yuri in love live before. I mean sure some might say this is an all girls idol show so it had subtle yuri vibes but that was it. Not something like this in plain daylight lol. So kinda have mixed feelings about this.

As for the rest of the episode it was wonderful. Glad they got permission for the concert and XD the vice prez even become a Setsuna fan. Inb4 we get yuri there too XD.
Dec 18, 2020 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
The drama sure is heating up lol.
I'm not really a fan of this drama but let's see how they do this.

I also want to see a group performance instead of individual live shows.

Dec 18, 2020 5:15 PM

Mar 2008
Yuri-Crusader said:
Yavimaya said:

The bait word are funny . I have a broad experience in Yuri. And its often subtle then being to direct .Just because the girls dont kiss all day long don't mean they are not lesbian and its bait. And its Yuri not shoujo ai

This was the strongest Yuri episode in LL so far.Not only between Yuu and Ayumu. But also the other girl that are a fan to Karin . She is clearly very into her and are also a lesbian.And the next episode name is called blossoming feelings. That is a word often used when friendship are blossomed into love.So I think they are more then friends and that this is a Yuri. But it matters not because people are so dead sett that this is just "bait" whatever might happened .Its ok to have that opinion ofc but I disagree with It

the sub-unit songs are not related to the plot. none of them are ever used in the anime. judging by how you weren't even aware that "lily white" is the name of a sub-unit and not the CD already makes it obvious you don't really know what you're talking about.

the thing is: you think this is yuri. that's it. you just interpret it this way. love live was never labelled as yuri or even romance, and Yuu and Ayumu are officially confirmed as childhood friends. this is not the type of anime you think it is.

you can ship whatever you want but the way you speak makes it sound like you know better than everyone else. i swear to god, this is the same as with shounen anime where people see all characters as gays lol
Dec 18, 2020 5:34 PM

Dec 2018
Yavimaya said:
Yuri-Crusader said:

the sub-unit songs are not related to the plot. none of them are ever used in the anime. judging by how you weren't even aware that "lily white" is the name of a sub-unit and not the CD already makes it obvious you don't really know what you're talking about.

the thing is: you think this is yuri. that's it. you just interpret it this way. love live was never labelled as yuri or even romance, and Yuu and Ayumu are officially confirmed as childhood friends. this is not the type of anime you think it is.

you can ship whatever you want but the way you speak makes it sound like you know better than everyone else. i swear to god, this is the same as with shounen anime where people see all characters as gays lol

I was talking about the text that I can read on the cover.Yes I was unaware it was the group name. So what? That dont take away the fact the white lily are often a symbol they use for lesbians in anime, and its written all over the cover

I know several anime's that are not label as Yuri but it still have lesbians and lesbian kissing in it. So childhood friends cant develop to something more? Have they officially confirmed they are noting more then friends? And I dont know more the everyone else. But I have watched more Yuri then you have.You are even using incorrect terms like shoujo ai

This anime is a Idol yes but it can still and have lesbians in it. Just look how they talk to each other." I want to be with you forever" Please just belong to me" I mean c'mon =P And they are constantly touching hugging holding hands etc. Karins fan that started to blush like crazy when she put her had on her and so much more . I dont understand how anyone cant see the gayness in this Lol. And if you read some other comments in this thread. Several users are also mentioning the Yuri both negative and positive.Just because you dont see the Yuri means others have to agree. We all interpret art differently after all.I really dont understand why that is such a big problem for you

You are not going to change your opinion whatever might happen. And I am not going to change mine either, so continue this conversations is rather pointless. I respect your interpretation on this fictional media even if it difference from mine. Have a nice day

Yuri-CrusaderDec 19, 2020 8:30 AM
Dec 18, 2020 7:52 PM

Feb 2016
LL s1: Honoka went through a crisis because she failed at a performance and was her fault they lost in the Love Live contest. And also because one of her best friends ever was about to quit the group and go to another country!

LLSunshine s1: Chika went through a crisis because their group got ranked a 0, meaning they aren't really prepared to be "real" School Idols and participate in the Love Live contest, making them being really depressed about everything they had done and accomplished so far... she legit thougth she had failed her friends and her school in general....

LLNijigasaki: Ayumu went through a crisis because... because... her best friend became, also, friend of other people...? WHAT THE HELL??? The score I was going to give to this season dropped drastically because of this, I thought we were in the right direction knowing how serious these moments are meant to be, but now they make the climax based on Ayumu being homo and jealous with no reason at all!!! As a true LL fan (way more than just the animes lol) I found this to be totally unacceptable. LLPDP was a total mistake from the start, I always knew it!
StallionXDDec 18, 2020 8:01 PM
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 18, 2020 10:04 PM

Oct 2008
what's-up with the yuri melo-drama!?!?
4/5.

Dec 19, 2020 6:06 AM

Aug 2018
Ive been complimenting this anime so much on how good the conflicts like the Love Live SIP but really Ayumu lol just a simple thing like that i mean i get it she became school idol mainly because of Yu's promise she will be supporting her dream and will never leave but still that looks like a forced drama on me Ayumu suddenly became like that.... oh well theres 2 eps left well see whats gonna happen to them
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 19, 2020 10:04 AM
May 2019
This episode was pretty good. They’re setting up the School Idol Festival but the seemingly more important thing in this episode is Ayumu’s jealousy. This could easily be solved if Yuu just explained how she didn’t mean to keep anything from Ayumu but Ayumu never gives her the chance to do that. It’ll be interesting to see what will happen in the last 2 episodes with this drama and the School Idol Festival.
Dec 19, 2020 4:29 PM

Mar 2008
Yuri-Crusader said:
Yavimaya said:

I was talking about the text that I can read on the cover.Yes I was unaware it was the group name. So what? That dont take away the fact the white lily are often a symbol they use for lesbians in anime, and its written all over the cover

I know several anime's that are not label as Yuri but it still have lesbians and lesbian kissing in it. So childhood friends cant develop to something more? Have they officially confirmed they are noting more then friends? And I dont know more the everyone else. But I have watched more Yuri then you have.You are even using incorrect terms like shoujo ai

This anime is a Idol yes but it can still and have lesbians in it. Just look how they talk to each other." I want to be with you forever" Please just belong to me" I mean c'mon =P And they are constantly touching hugging holding hands etc. Karins fan that started to blush like crazy when she put her had on her and so much more . I dont understand how anyone cant see the gayness in this Lol. And if you read some other comments in this thread. Several users are also mentioning the Yuri both negative and positive.Just because you dont see the Yuri means others have to agree. We all interpret art differently after all.I really dont understand why that is such a big problem for you

You are not going to change your opinion whatever might happen. And I am not going to change mine either, so continue this conversations is rather pointless. I respect your interpretation on this fictional media even if it difference from mine. Have a nice day

it's written all over the cover because that's the name of the unit who sang it.. that's like pointing out a band's name on a cover lol and as i mentioned, the name was suggested by fans, not by the creators of love live.

i'm not saying it's not gay, i'm just saying it's baiting because, you know, unless they confirm it officially then it's nothing more than a bait. it's not a problem for me, i mainly just pointed out you had no idea why "lily white" was written on the cover and wanted to correct the misinformation you posted first about the CD as you used it as some kind of proof for your theory:p
Dec 22, 2020 3:31 PM

Oct 2010
Ayumu trying to take their relationship to the next level. Way to go the yuri route :)
Dec 26, 2020 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
I really did not appreciate the yuri pandering and forced drama of this episode. Ayumu comes across as some hyper possessive lunatic who might go full yandere. I also don't understand how some high school girls are going to tackle the daunting logistics of putting on 9 simultaneous concerts in different locations of the city.
Salmon is delicious.
Jan 15, 2021 7:04 AM

Dec 2015
lesbians make some noise ayumu make some noiseee
Jan 15, 2021 7:09 PM

Mar 2008
I'm definitely fine with Ayumu throwing Yuu on the bed. That's great. Yuri is love and life. But I totally agree with most others here it feels heavily forced and thrown in. Drama in previous seasons were for better reasons than this. This feels like drama for the sake of drama.
Feb 7, 2021 1:23 PM
Oct 2016
Atavistic said:
I know Love Live's various entries like to repeat plot points, character types and everything else all the time, but this "love triangle" subplot we've been railroaded into is one of the last ones I expected a repeat of. In theory, it could be an interesting development from a plot and character development, but Ayumu is such a dull character - to the point that, until she made an appearance in last week's episode I'd forgotten she existed at all - that it's just boring and nonsensical.

Even in her focus episode at the start, there was no foreshadowing of this jealousy of hers or even of any feelings that would lead to jealousy developing in; it was just suggested that Yu and Ayumu were childhood friends. If the show hadn't stuck so rigidly to its "one character per episode" structure and instead took steps to prepare the viewer for these developments, it might have been more interesting. As it is, however, it feels like the show has pulled this out of its ass because it couldn't think of any better ideas to finish its plot with.

That aside, the preamble about choosing a specific venue for the School Idol Festival is clear padding to drag out the paper-thin narrative to fill a full cour. If there wasn't just two episodes left, I'd be dropping this mediocre show, but may as well finish it now I suppose.

I know this may sound like very obvious but... did you even watch the series? There were multiple hints of Ayumu's mental state through the series, going from the moment where Yu hugged Kasumi and Ayumu felt behind, to Ayumu suddenly jerking Yu's arm when helping her to rise from the floor in Setsuna's episode, to a sudden change in emotion when she starts gushing over Haruka, to the entirety of episode 10. Saying that there was no setup or foreshadowing is an outright lie - pay attention to details, scenes and the way the girls interact with each other.

Unlike SIP and Aqours, Nijigasaki is very heavy on "show, don't tell", the composition of each scene and the animation helping convey the mental stage of each character without outright telling us what they feel.
Feb 14, 2021 5:54 PM
Sep 2015
Yo this episode is hella gay
Feb 17, 2021 10:42 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
this episode was worse than the one in Sunshine where You gets jealous about Chika and Riko being close. This almost made me feel yandere vibes lol
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 4, 2021 11:00 AM

Mar 2016
yandere ayumu shoots very quickly up the best girl ranking
Apr 22, 2021 1:34 AM

Feb 2020
Aww. The moment between Karin and her fangirl was so adorable. That blushing melted my heart. <3

Ayumu being jealous of Setsuna was sweet and touching. “Please just belong to me...” <3

Absolutely cute episode. Also, the girls are making a huge process with the School Idol Festival. This is getting so big and awesome!

SerafosNov 19, 2023 2:52 AM
May 12, 2021 8:34 PM
Nov 2018
Bruh that ending scene is making the subtext not so subtle lol. This show moves fast plot wise, and I’m talking about the school idol festival
Nov 11, 2021 12:08 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
This might be the most interesting episode of all the Love Live episodes in total, as of this episode anyway. Finally, something more than begging someone to be an idol or bubbly friendship bullshit. Some goddamn drama and hints of shoujo-ai.
Dec 2, 2021 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah. My fave girl Ayumu confirmed lesbo.

They nid super hawt lezbo seggs all nyt!
Dec 14, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2017
I mean, Love Live always had yuri subtext, but this is the first time it's not subtle or ambiguous in the slightest.

In hindsight, and by that, I mean re-watching this, there were already hints and suggestions this was the case. The yuri aspect definitely adds another layer to Ayumu's character
Apr 11, 2022 4:15 PM

Jun 2021
Loved this episode, Ayumu x Yuu is so hot xD
Oct 28, 2022 2:50 AM

Mar 2013
Setsuna denying her wisdom of idols was really adorable. lmao XD
So one of the idols from the other school was actually Karin's die hard fan.
The fan services were... >_>

Intriguing turn of events, I didn't know Ayumu would be THAT obsessive towards Yuu... lol
CrazyButNot4UNov 3, 2022 11:06 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 11, 2023 10:20 PM

Jan 2020
It's rare I make a post in episode forums, so you know this episode was really good. 10/10, yuri for the win. I hope Ayumu x Yuu is endgame

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Mar 15, 2023 4:21 AM

Sep 2016
Yander Ayumu.....
Apr 17, 2023 5:59 AM
Apr 2020
“Ayumu, WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU!?” That’s probably what I’m asking. That’s coming out of nowhere. So basically a drama out of nothing to ensure we have a story to tell at the back end.
Jun 3, 2023 2:55 PM

Oct 2021
Damn, I'm not normally for yuri in a non-yuri anime, but this is great. That Karin scene, the student council member and Setsuna, and then obviously Ayumu. I do think they did it since Yuu is meant to be the player/viewer also. Still, I love juicy drama like this. It's probably not gonna last since this obviously isn't a yuri drama, but it is certainly surprising. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2020

66 by Sommernacht »»
May 12, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ringare - Oct 10, 2020

65 by Sommernacht »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

» Better than Sunshine?

Kayroad - Dec 23, 2023

14 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 8, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

54 by youchl »»
Mar 11, 1:48 PM

» What character is the center?

Kayroad - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Amranhakim8 »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.