Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2020 4:33 PM

Sep 2018
After chapter 59 I dropped the manga. For a long time after reading the manga, I started feeling like the series just didn't know where it wants to go. And when it starts going somewhere it chooses the most generic and predictable route.

Spoilers ahead*

For me the heart of shield hero wasn't the interesting social dynamic of its world, nor the injustice Naofumi was facing and it sure wasn't the main plot. For me the heart of this series was the relationship between Naofumi and Raphtalia. And I think a lot of the fans of this series feel the same way. Seeing them grow and develop and strengthen their bond was the reason this series meant so much to me.
But after the first couple of arcs (or when Naofumi cleared his name to be precise), the series started shifting gears and going in a more classical isekai route which I didn't have a problem with. The problem I had with shield hero is that Raphtalia started getting sidelined and the series overall was starting to resemble a typical harem which to me felt like a total betrayal of what the story stood for.

I know most people won't agree with me, but to does that do and despite that are still reading the manga or light novel I have a question.
Does it get any better in the long run?
Sep 24, 2020 12:57 PM

Feb 2014
You don't want to know if it gets better, you want to know if the focus of the series will be back on Naofumi and Raphtalia's relationship. If the manga adapts what the light novel has been showing, I'd say so, but it is slow paced. However, if you are annoyed by the isekai stuff, it doesn't get any better - for you at least.
Sep 30, 2020 7:57 AM

Aug 2019
I am reading the manga, sometime read the novel.
Although before I did not read manga because I did not have time, and I still do not get used to manga but I am in it.
and the truth hoped that the manga is in my expectation hehehehe

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Chapter 106 Discussion

kevin_video - May 29

0 by kevin_video »»
May 29, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Chapter 103 Discussion

kevin_video - Jan 15

3 by Yaggamy »»
Feb 12, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Chapter 102 Discussion

curvedtree - Dec 18, 2023

1 by Kenny_Stryker »»
Jan 13, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Chapter 101 Discussion

kevin_video - Nov 14, 2023

2 by Yaggamy »»
Nov 15, 2023 10:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Chapter 100 Discussion

Penguinu - Sep 9, 2023

2 by Kjqomc »»
Oct 27, 2023 3:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.