Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 16, 2020 2:03 PM
Apr 2016
started as a yukino supporter and now i prefer yui 10 fold wtf is happening this season
Aug 16, 2020 3:32 PM

May 2009
It is kind of hard looking at Yui fibing with Hachiman knowing that he is not going to choose her. I just wish they would have put more effort in having Yukino and Hachiman in these types of important scenes so that it is more logic for the viewer that he chooses Yukino. At this point Yukino seems just plain annoying and static to me.. Even Iroha seems like a more interesting character at this point ngl.
I believe LN readers say this is highly different in the source material so im not blaming the writer or whatever. Just plainly reacting to the anime.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 16, 2020 3:33 PM
Apr 2020
I was really convinced that Iroha decided to do the prom because of her reasoning, being the princess or I would say the center of attention to make more moves on Hayama before everything ends but it's not the case. Unfortunately she always prevail her selfishness, she just wants to bring a proper ending to everything and everyone without having regrets. She also grew a lot with them especially being with Hachiman, always bragging that he is responsible for everything.Also wanting a proper goodbye to Hiratsuka-sensei even if she is always a nuisance to sensei and not acting properly as the role that's been appointed to her (All jokes aside but she should really marry sensei because they really care about each other) At the time I knew Iroha, personally I didn't really liked her cheeky personality and she only grew and interact more with other characters with more sense after the confession to Hayama. She really is showing her true colors more on even if it's mean sacrificing feeling just to have regrets.

As for Yui she already accepted that the boat's already sank. She even affirmed herself the ending between Hachiman and Yukino (but surely she is misunderstanding the relationship between them because Yukino wants a different ending between them) so she's just enjoying every last moments with Hachiman even if she is suffering from pain and wanting to burst out her tears. At this point in my opinion she really doesn't care about the prom anymore, she really wants to spend time with Hachiman as more as possible. I feel bad for Yui but sadly that's what it is. All I can say is I was really glad that Yui was always there for Hachiman and Yukino, she had this huge role as a glue. To always stick them together in one piece and without her in their relationship, this thing wouldn't go that far (for example the genuine thing she said that she really don't get it so she thinks that they should interact more each other so they can understand it more but that's not the case she really doesn't want anything genuine)
I'm really thankful to Yui for being a role like that but kinda depressing having another perspective like that behind them.

Im not really ready yet to conclude this anime. Especially for the preview episode it's gonna be a long debate again for Hachiman's new party. Not to mention Hachiman-Yukino scene then Yui arrives.
Aug 17, 2020 7:17 AM

Feb 2020
Ooooooooooowweee My Best Girl Kawasaki.........
Aug 17, 2020 7:47 AM

Jan 2017
As a member of team Yui I really feel bad for her, she cries and suffers every episode of this season, and the main problem is knowing that she has nothing to do against Yukino ;_;

Aug 17, 2020 9:03 AM

May 2018
Any episode with Totsuka automatically becomes a great episode
Aug 17, 2020 3:26 PM

Feb 2020
i love hachiman's 'muri muri,' then him shaking his head with his hands up.

i want to hug yui so badly - she knows what she's entering herself into..
yui and koga (from bunny girl senpai) have the same voice actor

aaa yui ):
Aug 18, 2020 10:51 PM

Feb 2019
Finally managed to watch it.

Iroha still as cute and foxy as ever. Her dynamic with Hachiman is still awesome to see too, especially that bit where Hachiman's pretending to be someone on the street trying to sell her stuff lol. I've sort of known all along but just truly realised this but it is true that Iroha doesn't seem to have any 'friends', especially in her own year. I guess the Service Club and some other senpais are her 'friends'.

The moments with Komachi were as cute and wholesome as ever. Especially that graduation thing. "Bathed in the light of spring, we, 1, 2, boys..." lol that part was funny.

There was a lot of Yui-Hachiman interaction this episode. The dialogue early in the morning at school until the part where Yui says she wants to help Hachiman really made me realise how far their relationship has come to the point where they could truly be considered friends, with their own dynamic and pretty comfortable around each other. This is especially true since I'm reading the light novel right now and I've only reached volume 2. The difference is just stark.

Yui's face while staring at Hachiman eating tomatoes was just too much. This episode has too many screenshot-able expressions and scenes of Yui. And as a Yui fan, this makes me really happy.

Loved it too when Saika asked Hachiman what he wanted to do, and Yui put her hand on his.

Gahamama though... damn.

Man, the end really hit hard. Like really, really hard. I'd really like to be able to pour out all my thoughts about it, but for scenes that really hit hard I rarely can, like this one. I just feel so sad for Yui. At least she's getting a lot of moments with just her and Hachiman since Yukino's busy. But even she said it herself...

"Doing stuff like this changes nothing, because the ending is already set in stone."

Seeing Yui's tears, crying, makes me want to cry too. I'll admit though that I don't fully understand what she means, especially with what lies and excuses she's making. I might need to do some thinking and rewatch the scenes several times before I can understand.

But that pre-ED final line... "So please, don't let it end." I could practically hear the tears.

The ED hit hard too, maybe because of that.

And the post-credits too. Her melancholic, soft tone as she described what she felt as she laid her head on Hachiman's shoulder. It's just depressing for me... Really want to see her smiling and happy, truly happy.

As always, OreGairu gives us a great balance of deep drama, emotions, and lighthearted comedy. Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 19, 2020 12:00 AM

Dec 2018
Anyone can recommend me where to watch? Since kissanime.ru is already gone. :( Im only a student so don't have enough money to buy on legal sites. :(
HI
Aug 31, 2020 3:56 PM

Oct 2012
PendragonX1 said:
I also like how Yui understands and accepts her place as she admits to it in the end but wants it to go on as long as possible.

I have mixed feelings about that. The situation they were in that PC cafe would make them close, closer than relationship he ever had with Yukinoshita. Considering Yui acts based on her feelings and Hachiman based on his intuition, he would probably guessed or wonder if she made that move intentionally. Also, based on how he blushed before when she got close to him I belive he actually don't mind having her attention. And counting on the fact that he's still inexperienced teenager I honestly doubt he would be able to think straight and work when a girl was leaning on his shoulder - in fact, she would be the only thing on his mind for the rest of the night.

In the end, such closeness would create strong emotional experience and even if he resisted making any moves (stroking her hair, holding her hand), thoughts of such things would be inevitable, the more so that he's a man and even more so as he got more and more sleepy. Too bad we weren't shown their waking up in the morning.

What I'm trying to say is his mind would be preoccupied by her for the next following days at least as such strong experience is hard to forget. What would probably followed would be his conscious or unconscious attempts to replicate such situation again, even more when he knows she wouldn't be against it. tl;dr: Most of his thoughts of Yukinoshita would be overwritten by the more recent thoughts of pleasant intimity he had with Yui and his brain would would try hard to seek more of that.

And they would be just step away from dating each other for real. Sad thing that this anime is leaving those implications in vain, never really pursuing what would most likely happen for sake of the plot (in other words: after all that has happened in the past he would be long dating one of the girls - most likely Iroha or Yui and such things as kiss or passionate embrace wouldn't be just wish of the future).

Shikkakku said:
"Doing stuff like this changes nothing, because the ending is already set in stone."

And that's where she is wrong as the exact opposite is true IRL. No girl is unobtainable, no boy would say no if enough effort is made and when they care about each other at least a bit. Realistically, the more time she spents with him, the bigger chance she would have to win him over and change his mind as she would make herself big part of his life by being with him. Things would slowly change after knowing each other better and better and it wouldn't take long before he would get conscious of her.

What Yui is trying to say here though, if that she doesn't want to lose either of them - she knows the things will change when they start dating and doesn't want any change of their "love triangle". She didn't necessary implied the end of her time with him but the time with all three of them together instead. And she knows that once the prom is over and done, the change to their relationship would be inevitable. That's also the same what Yukino was probably crying about at the end of the last episode, although in her case it's more about growing up and starting acting like adult.
Mich666Aug 31, 2020 4:24 PM
Sep 1, 2020 6:01 PM

Oct 2012
ShiroHachi said:
HACHIXYUKI said:
Still wondering why people ship hachiman and yui...
Because they only care about their waifu and self-insert. They were like Yui, pretending they didn't see anything. Trying not to see that Hachiman has no feelings for her or Hachiman feelings and chemistry for Yukino. Trying not to see Yui's negative traits, such as she doesn't want to change, sometimes selfish, unstable about her actions, always lying, and she gives bad influence to Hachiman, like Yui always provides an excuse for Hachiman to run away from problems because Yui always acts everything is fine. This will be explained again in the next few episodes if they don't cut Hachiman's monologues again. I hope they can accept those facts

Long story short, because your opinion is different from ours
Sep 26, 2020 6:41 PM

Nov 2014
So, the actual reason of the prom was the farewell party for Hiratsuka-sensei?..
it seems 8man'll play as the bad guy again behind the scene like he had done before. Using second prom project plan that intend to make the real prom project shine and recognized.

and well, Yui got her moments again with 8man while they were researching about the prom plan. like the one from before, her monologue was also kinda sad.
that photo of gahamama tho.. XD

and.. here they come the squad that had been saved in the past(Zaimokuza, Totsuka, and Saki) to the help. looking by the preview 8man'll starting act in his plan in the next episode.
r16fourarmSep 26, 2020 6:49 PM
Oct 2, 2020 4:20 AM

Jun 2020
Hachiman has become strong well he was already strong but he always keep doing it on his own but he was able to call his friends and help him that was entertaining.

And that fucking smile that Yui gave on Hachiman was so cute and painful...she cried again on the very last scene on this episode, everytime she start with a smile and on the end she end it with a tears.
Oct 10, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2020
Glad that I see Kawasaki again. She is the best tsundere in Oregairu. Hachiman make a prom plan. Totsuka is lovely bro tho he can be criticized somehow. Yuigahama just feel lost that they both will be a couple and gave up. This story too romantic arc.
Oct 25, 2020 9:52 AM

Aug 2018
YES! I like how things are going...
Though if I was Hikigaya I would have grabbed Yui's tits while she was "sleeping"

Oct 26, 2020 9:38 PM
Jan 2019
I understand that Hachiman turns down a lot of Yui's advances, but still the anime doesn't give us a lot of Yukino and Hachiman moments. Someone said they skipped a lot of the romance from the first 6 light novels, so that's probably what it is. I just wish we would get more of those moments and scenes so that I could root for Yukino for a better reason than her being "best girl". Seeing Yui's heart break slowly is gonna break mine too, at least cushion the fall, give me some pills or more reason to see why Hachiman would choose Yukino emotionally.

Also as soon as I started wondering about that big nerd, he shows up in the restaurant lol. Also I liked the tomato eating scene. Yui's monologue was beautiful, very appealing to the heart.
Mexican_PelicanOct 26, 2020 9:43 PM
Nov 10, 2020 2:13 AM

Aug 2014
I really think he should end up with Yui not Yukino or at least Iroha ;o
It's not like I hate Yukino, but them being so similar makes them be far apart as the story shown in every season. They are more like friends maybe for life, but I would doubt that also.

With Yui they could have happy life together, Yui really like/loves Hikki and want to spend time with him and Yukino only needs him for feeling safe.
With Iroha also they could be happy, with Hachiman being led by her.
Even with Saki would be better! They look like they could have overall understanding, be good parents as they both are good brother/sister and sometimes have quarrel and making up :D

The more I keep thinking about it the more I think Hachiman X Yukino is bad pair. She should have someone like Hayato, but one that is not so popular with other girls.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 11, 2020 1:56 PM

May 2016
Yui I don't know why but the way he cares about Hachiman is unparalleled for sure.

5/5
Nov 13, 2020 3:53 AM

Jun 2019
I started watching this show whilst it was airing but decided to wait for the dub as I'd seen S1 & S2 dubbed so wanted to finish the series the same way.

But I've been putting it off and only watched one episode per week for the last couple of weeks, and the reason, because I knew this last season would be sad.

That inner monologue we got from Yui at the end was so heart breaking, she knows that she's not only going to lose her chance to be in a romantic relationship with Hikki, but if Hikki & Yukino get together then they won't be a group of 3 friends anymore, there won't be room for her anymore. First tear shed over S3 and it's only episode 6! This is going to be a long and tearful final season for me.

Personally I've always been for Yui and think her and Hikki would make a great couple, although i can see why he's attracted to Yukino.
Nov 23, 2020 8:54 PM
Jul 2009
I've always been a Yukinox8man shipper but man that isn't to say that I don't feel for Yui either. She's so precious even after realizing she's lost, she certainly deserves to find happiness too.
Dec 14, 2020 8:35 PM

Aug 2017
In the end, Iroha's reason of that prom was just a farewell party for Hiratsuka. I'm a bit surprised....that subplot is more relevant than we expected. Now I do feel that Yui really gave up.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 19, 2020 6:21 PM
Dec 2016
"Gahamama so young!"

Oh yeah ma bro, I'll also look for the m1lf ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't wait to see more of Gahamama :)
Dec 23, 2020 6:18 AM

Dec 2014
ok how is it getting better and better by every episode
Dec 31, 2020 10:22 AM
Jul 2020
Rewatching it makes me cringe from this unnecessary drama.
Apr 22, 2021 8:41 AM
May 2020
i really hoped that yui would win but the ending is clear as day which makes it hurt even more cause i was kind of in a similer position to yui so it really hits hard seeing her like this. it really feels like she is a better option since shes always there which hachiman and seems to understand him more than yukinoshita. please shes just a fun person to be around that also deeply cares for her freinds. hurts even more when u remember than we havnt heard a "yahallo" yet
Apr 24, 2021 7:36 PM

Dec 2012
Easily my favorite episode thus far. It took a bit of time to warm up to this season, but getting a pulse on the character dynamics & chemistry is reminding me of what makes this such a special series. That scene at the end really got me good. Yui has been my favorite Oregairu character and even though it's been clear where she stands with Hikki, I couldn't help but cheer her on since the very beginning. Indeed, I don't want the credits to roll and her story to come to an end even when it's inevitable.
Sep 24, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2016
I knew Zaimokuza would make an appearance. Love that dude. This show went from "Yui wants to confess to Hachi so hard" to "Screw it we will spoil the ending: Yukino wins and somehow Iroha likes him too"
Feb 24, 2022 11:48 AM

Nov 2010
At least Yui found a way to spend some more time with Hachi, instead of going home on her own after school.

Man, these Yui moments never fails to make me feel so emotional. This is the third time in a row that I feel like tearing up during a Yui melodrama. Maybe it's because I can relate to her situation. Ah, my distant past filled with regrets.
Feb 25, 2022 12:49 PM

Mar 2019
Ahhhh Yuiii, I feel so bad for herrr. Now I want Yui to win but I very much doubt she will. Although honestly I don't even know if she wants to be together with Hachiman or if she just wants them to always be together as a group just like they were until now since Hachiman and Yukino being together would obviously change the atmosphere.

Interesting idea from Hachiman but it's so hard to pull it off since a whole video was made for the real one. How do you want to top that up?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 29, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Aw man... watching Yui is kinda sweet, but also kinda painful.
Jul 29, 2022 8:27 AM

Jul 2019
Gator said:

Well, at least you're enjoying it, lol.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 30, 2022 1:11 AM

Apr 2013
LordSozin said:
Gator said:

Well, at least you're enjoying it, lol.

Now it sounds like I enjoy seeing Yui suffer xD
Character interactions are just really enjoyable for me since they are all interesting and/or funny.
Aug 25, 2022 12:51 PM
Nov 2021
Beautiful display of the comedic and more emotional parts of the anime. Character development and relationship development is phenomenal and gives wonderful resolution to the audience.
Jan 7, 2023 10:30 AM
Dec 2022
eto gud shit.......
Apr 20, 2023 5:10 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hachiman using the somewhat-effective strategy of wanting to borrow $10 from your parents, so you ask them for $50, they say it's too much, and then you ask for the $10, and they are more inclined to say yes this time since in comparison, it is a much more reasonable request.

Ok but Hachiman doesn't like tomatoes? He actually just like me fr. They are certainly very "gloopy".

Also, they really aren't holding back in making us feel bad for Yui, are they?

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 27, 2023 3:16 PM
Jan 2023
):............

May 20, 2023 7:53 AM

Oct 2021
>"Doing things like this changes nothing, Because the ending is already set in stone"

She never stood a chance against yukino and she knew it,since the beginning of this season her entire character is a massive misery porn bruh, I feel bad for her(T_T)
Nov 26, 2023 5:34 PM

Sep 2023
As an anime only watcher, it’s hard to ship Yukino since I feel like she had much less interactions and close moments with 8man than Yui and the beginning of this season even reinforces that despite the fact that it is clear that she will ultimately loose. I think this could have been done better, with more time for viewers to get behind Yuki x 8man instead I just feel bad for Yui man…
Mar 7, 4:16 PM

Jun 2015
We got a self-aware loser heroine over here. She known she's going to lose and there's nothing she can do about it. It's so sad but I'm also rooting for Yukinoshita. This is why I hate love triangles; they always end badly regardless of who wins.
Read Toriko!
Apr 1, 12:33 AM
Mar 2023
I THOUGHT THIS WAS A COMEDY
3 hours ago
Apr 2018
Hachiman's plan to stop the prom is over-complicated IMO. They'll have to recruit more people to actually put up a feasible proposition.

My favorite moment of this episode is gotta be Yui reminiscing over old memory at the end. I really feel for her longing, even though the end is crystal clear at this point
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Aug 6, 2020

133 by ViSpace »»
3 hours ago

» Hachiman ended up with (Spoilers) right ❓❓❓

neel_senpai - May 30

10 by ElzardLN »»
Jun 1, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cchigu - Jul 30, 2020

284 by ViSpace »»
Jun 1, 7:30 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cchigu - Jul 23, 2020

146 by ViSpace »»
Jun 1, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Kan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2020

201 by ViSpace »»
May 31, 7:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.