Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 30, 2020 11:25 AM
Apr 2019
this season is so good compare to the last 2 seasons
...onto the war of underworld
Sep 22, 2020 7:14 PM

Nov 2019
I'm trying to figure out what even was the point of this continuation.

Like... if you want to tell a story featuring new characters in a new world... then just write a new story. There's no need for Kirito and Asuna to be here at all. There's no reason whatsoever to tie this story to the SAO franchise.

It's utterly discordant on both a technical and thematic level.

Oct 6, 2020 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
man, took me a long time to finish this as i lost interest when 'sketchy' things happened. all in all, probably better than the past SAOs, all i had to do was pretend it was a different show altogether. they do tend to jump a lot, and honestly both of them wouldve already had pages full of info in their local CIA/FBI/NSA watch list, but nope.

also, i realized alice = darkness (konosuba) after they grew up, and was hoping for some herps and derps, no luck,

as for interest in the continuation, maybe. i dont even know whats going on anymore since i dont remember what fluctlight is anymore, but i can already see the ending, that poison the assassin used, was definitely staged...
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Oct 6, 2020 2:02 PM

Jan 2020
I knew Eugeo was gonna die, but still it hit me and I actually cried. This is definitely the best season of SAO (that’s not saying much though) and actually kept me entertained. I haven’t watched War of the Underworld yet, so hopefully it’s even better.
Oct 28, 2020 10:22 AM

May 2020
So I Finished SAO ALICIZATION This Last Episode Was So Exciting And Excellent One Ting I Hate It .....

-------------------------SPOILERS-------------------------

I Hate The Die Of Eugeo I loved his caracter so much and it be so difficult to kill him in the last of the arc sooo......

Nov 3, 2020 5:19 PM
Oct 2018
Can anyone answer me, is quinella dead or not? im hella confused.
ty
Nov 13, 2020 12:35 PM
Sep 2020
Damn what a cliff hangee
Nov 18, 2020 10:49 AM

Apr 2019
Achaman said:
meh after all that hype from people i expected more..

I don't understand why people say this is the "best SAO arc". It lacks that original feeling of dread of being trapped inside the game, and every single character there is just a NPC. I could not care less about Eugeo or Alice.

As always, everything was quite rushed, which is a shame, and I feel the animation was not on par to the previous seasons. Dialogue was not the best, there were so many deus ex machina happening once again, some useless sacrifices...

The only positive for me is the worldbuilding of that place. The story of the world is quite interesting and, being pretty well-developed, stuff made sense in general.

What made no sense were all these flashy spells coming out of the sword, stuff that were never explained and that the characters suddenly had access to.

What a disappointment.
Nov 18, 2020 3:07 PM

Nov 2019
Pike27 said:
What made no sense were all these flashy spells coming out of the sword, stuff that were never explained and that the characters suddenly had access to.

They explain this early on during the duel with that random knight; what someone is capable of in the system is tied to their belief/willpower. If someone believes they can do something enough, they'll be able to do it.

This 'feature' gets extremely out of control in the War of the Underworld part of the series.
Nov 18, 2020 5:48 PM

Apr 2019
Offkorn said:
Pike27 said:

They explain this early on during the duel with that random knight; what someone is capable of in the system is tied to their belief/willpower. If someone believes they can do something enough, they'll be able to do it.

This 'feature' gets extremely out of control in the War of the Underworld part of the series.

Thank you for this explanation, now I remember that this was a thing. I still find it sort of prone to "deus-ex-machinations", as is the usual "strength of our friendship". It is often used to overcome difficult situations without any real reason. Still, this explanation is better than nothing at all.

I think I'd rather have "fixed" and "quantifiable" power, instead of constant need of power creep in order to advance the plot, or to protect the characters.

I also thank you for informing me that these powers get toned up on the sequel. I will adjust my expectations when I start watching.
Nov 20, 2020 9:58 PM

Mar 2020
Now that's some unexpected turn of events.
Nov 29, 2020 9:27 PM

Aug 2019
Well there you have it, the end of part one. The fight between the administrator and Kirito was really cool. I somehow predicted duel weilding would come back and when the Aincrad outfit came on, I knew shit was about to get real. Not really sure if the administrator lived or the clown somehow killed her? Anyway it looks like the focus shifts to the real world at least for a bit as the ocean turtle is being attacked by terrorists who plan to mess with the operations putting Kirito and Project Alicization in danger. Overall I gave part 1 of Alicicization a solid 7/10 which is a big step up from my previous SAO ratings. Certainly the best season so far and I'm excited to watch more.
Dec 19, 2020 6:05 AM

Apr 2013
Weird ending to this season, so did Administrator escape or not? The clown really should not have been able to jump onto here at this point. Though a lot of things in this episode made no sense, like Eugeo suddenly turning into a sword and Quinella forgetting all of her spells that she could use while floating in the air.

Obviously a very incomplete season given the cliffhanger, but even with a proper ending it's the weakest season of SAO so far. Season 1 was still much better and even season 2 was more enjoyable. 6/10
Dec 26, 2020 1:18 AM

Oct 2010
quinella died like that? what a huge disappointment, raped and killed by a random already dead clown. And how could kirito talk in real time with rath when his time is flowing faster than reality?
whatever, at least I'll start next season with a character I hated less
Jan 8, 2021 9:26 PM

Sep 2020
What a chad eugeo,he died like the most likeable character in every sao franchise,F.
Jan 18, 2021 2:10 AM

Nov 2009
So Eugeo was just a proxy for the authors cuck fetish, I see.

Overall? complete dogshit.
Jan 23, 2021 10:51 PM
Nov 2017
I *really* wish I never watched the last 2 episodes. Up until then I could forgive some ass pulls and inconsistencies in favor of the somewhat interesting fights and dialogue. But that ending? Holy shit lmao...
Feb 28, 2021 7:30 PM

Jul 2013
So I finally finished watching this, imma be honest, it was okay. I didn't feel a thing when Eugeo died, sucks yeah but I was just ehhh with it. I did like when Kirito got his regular Sword Art Online Black clothing. Got a little hyped by it but battle was too short and simple style for me. However the ending got my curiosity.
May 15, 2021 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
this is the worst thing I've ever watched
Jul 7, 2021 12:28 AM

Jul 2016
It was a good anime,it had action,drama,good soundtrack and a decent story; it wasnt perfect but at least it wasnt boring so ill say it was a 8 / 10.
Oct 17, 2021 3:01 AM

Mar 2012
When Eugeo said "Stay cool" I went noooo. He was a good character. The BGM being ReoNa's 虹の彼方に during his last talk with Kirito too. When the song first played on Ep 19 I immediately thought it sounds nice.

Thinking about the whole season, I might have gotten lost sometimes in the events (like why is this happening again???) but I appreciate the new characters introduced.
Jan 4, 2022 10:56 PM

Sep 2018
Of course the author went with killing off Eugeo (who barely even had any interaction with Alice of the present) and adding Alice to "Kirito's harem", instead of a happy reunion and more progression with this relationship. No, Kirito just has to have all the bitches lol...

Aside from all the convenience and exposition dumps in this series, and there's a lot it, it was quite a fun little journey, a shame about that ending though. I want to give it an 8, but I think a 7/10 is a more honest score here.
Jan 24, 2022 3:25 PM
Mar 2019
Damn, Kirito really can’t catch a break uh?
rip Eugeo :( I’m really sad about his death bc he’s the first true best friend Kirito could enjoy, but sadly it didn’t last…
I’ve waited 23 full episodes to finally watch Kirito use his double sword skill, and I can gladly say it didn’t disappoint me at all.
Wonder how everything will turn out since Rath is under attack and all.
Also rip Cardinal
Nov 12, 2022 2:42 PM

Mar 2019
After all, it seems like we did get Quinella and Kirito fighting each other like in the opening, nice! Also she was delusional until the very end, thinking she could meet Kirito in his world when she was just a system, but that clown finally did something good for once.

The Eugeon departure at the end was really well done and sad. Now I get what Eugeo did with that crystal. So that means Alice also died, which sucks even more. But we still got Alice the knight AND ASUNA IS COMING?!

That cliffhanger ending was so good. The ship we saw earlier turned out to be a "warship", but why was "The Turtle" attacked? AND PLEASE DON'T TELL ME KIKUOKA DIED! So many questions. How did Asuna get in and what is going to happen with Kirito.

Overall, an alright season but I still prefer season 2.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 15, 2023 8:25 AM

Nov 2018
Overall, a really good season of SAO. I'm really enjoying it now that the quality of the story and animation has increased drastically. I was definitely looking forward to SAO-A since I picked up the series again after putting SAO 2 on hold 3-4 years ago

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 16, 2023 7:59 PM

Nov 2010
7:03 I can't get enough of Quinella's armpit.
Aw, that's it? Is Quinella really dead? I hope she was able to get out of STL somehow. Anyway, I want to merge with her like that. Me and Quinella in one body forever. I think I'm in love!
15:59 That song is really good! Man, if the story was better, this would've been a tear-jerker moment.
A glimpse of Asuna! and an interesting ending. 7/10
Feb 5, 2023 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the cliffhanger to end this season on. Overall certainly better plot compared to previous SAO seasons especially in the visuals department.

Feb 5, 2023 9:08 AM
Dec 2022
It is the absolute definetion of perfect
Mar 5, 2023 2:50 PM

Apr 2019
Just finished this again and Eugeo's death is still heartbreaking.
Apr 8, 2023 3:24 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 3 
[Art/Animation] - 5
[Sound/Music] - 4
[M-Character] - 4
[S-Character] - 3
[Enjoyment] - 3
[Overall] - 4

Well... The ending was fine, Ugly Clown got what he wanted form the old hag haha. Main Character dead but happily moving on with his childhood friend he loved... GG fight at the end.
CcCharlesApr 22, 2023 2:46 AM
May 7, 2023 8:24 AM

Mar 2018
Can't believe I completed the "Overcome the urge to puch the computer screen everytime Eugeo shows up" challenge successfully. It was a hard fought 24 episodes for me but I'm prouf of myself honestly.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
May 18, 2023 2:06 PM
May 2023
genial top 1 animes
May 30, 2023 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Mother's Rosario & Alicization are the best things to happen to SAO. Between Yuuki & Eugeo, providing Asuna & Kirito characters that they form a fraternal bond with really ended up taking this series to the next level for me. Even though I'm rewatching this for the third time, that's the hardest I've teared up on Eugeo's "Stay cool."
Jun 9, 2023 1:04 AM
Oct 2011
good, liked the ending and animation
Aug 15, 2023 12:15 PM
Aug 2023
I mean its fine if you enjoy sao you will enjoy this more
Sep 18, 2023 8:23 PM
Nov 2016
My favorite anime and an incredible season
Sep 25, 2023 10:31 PM
Sep 2023
Best season after WoU
Oct 8, 2023 8:04 AM
Oct 2022
Boring, i dont like the story after the Sword Art Online game
Oct 11, 2023 12:48 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to mgery16
Boring, i dont like the story after the Sword Art Online game
@SneaX16 this is the best season till now,, depth, mechanics and character build up improved by a long shot.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Dec 11, 2023 5:22 PM
Nov 2019
Fine anime bland.
Dec 16, 2023 8:38 AM
Nov 2023
lady god is so strong with the admin privileges she hacked
Dec 16, 2023 10:09 PM

Dec 2019
This episode had no business being so fucking emotional by the end, for fuck's sake.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jan 8, 6:56 AM

Jul 2012
Eugeo dead I didn't sad at all 😑 He still just a piece of data (even it intelligent collected for future robot / AI)..

RATH is on chaos 😱😱😱
I think Asuna will also "dive" from another room (which only one left they said / I think if I am not mistaken),
The RATH member will do emergency lock, even thou Kirito's power supply tools dive.. Which will cause his brain on malfunction (disconnect)..

I just don't like the cycle / pattern / concept.. Where Kirito has a girl near him, there will be Asuna come 😑 the script / scenario / story writer really didn't like them to separate for long..

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.