Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 22, 2019 12:00 PM

Jun 2017
MishaBerrii said:
Wait, why could Kirito and Alice be healed, but not Charlotte? I get that she's different, but surely the spells should work universally on every "living" being in that universe?

Kirito and Alice were wounded, but Charlotte was dead by the time Cardinal appeared. That is why the spider was shown to be shrinking to its normal size.
Mar 23, 2019 1:46 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode,good thing Cardinal showed up
Mar 24, 2019 11:48 AM

Dec 2015
Isn't it ironic that after a discussion about gods, the episode just pulls a deus ex machina moments later out of nowhere? SAO never fails to amaze me on how awful it can get.
Mar 27, 2019 12:21 PM

Jan 2019
And we kill thousands of spiders every day, shame on us.
Mar 30, 2019 8:01 PM

Jun 2017
Windman said:
EmperorAlfred said:
Welp, that was a boring one, that was just anti-climactic, the fight scenes during the first and second seasons are better, here we are near the end of the season season's first half and I am still not as satisfied with the battles as I would've expected.

They will probably go 4cour straight without a break, as it was stated it would be 4cour and they literally made a recap episode at 19, so why would they end at 24? Also what happens at the end of ep24 is a huge cliffhanger and would be retarded to end the season as such.

So I guess they're retarded now then?
>SAO Alicization 2 announced.
Oct. 2019
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 2, 2019 11:30 PM

Aug 2017
More Administrator fanservice, keep it coming!

Oh yeah fighting and dialogue... can't remember as much of that stuff
SSL443 said:
Goddammit, they should have thrown the fight just so that the little jester freak could have his way with Quinella.

Lol yes!
Apr 5, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2010
Eh, I knew loli megane, umm, I mean Cardinal would appear to save them IN THE VERY LAST MOMENT, could it get any more obvious?

The golden sword-thingy was pretty cool though, Gilgamesh would enjoy it, I suppose.
Apr 6, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2016
Defend yourself from flame by flowers, even though you have freaking ice weapon. Well, at least we got to see aincrad Kirito a bit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2019 1:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Paul said:
Alice getting stabbed got me worried for a second, but then Kirito got stabbed too and knowing he will probably never die, it negated my worries.

Lool, that is so funny, but actually a fair point.

RIP the spider, and well, they did adapt this episode quite well, despite it feeling weird to have the Admin standing there for so long not doing anything, after Charllote dies.
Nezt episode should be the start of the nightmare.
May 1, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2016
Very anti climatic, Sword Golem defeated in 1 hit of Cardinal and she even heals them after the Sword Golem almost killed them, Chralotte who is like an npc seems to have developed something similar to emotions and helped the bunch till the end. Anyways don't know the point of the clown or Kirito, Alic and Eugeo in this fight anymore Cardinal and Quinella are way to OP to stand a chance or even help in the fight given that they almost died by something that was killed in 1 hit by Cardinal.
May 6, 2019 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, cool attack of Kirito vs Chudelkin.
Absolutely brutal, the attack on Alice and Kirito ... O_O

Oh shit, Spider bae coming to the rescue ... and she's dead :(
Cardinal one shotting the Golem was a bit overpowered ...
Why didnt Cardinal save the spider D:
May 13, 2019 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
Aye, Eugeo didn't pull the trope I hate where they wait until the distraction is over before doing anything.
May 17, 2019 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
i love the pacing of the episodes. I kinda wished for a longer fight but I haven't been expecting any since the bercoulli fight. Sad, but still, it's good
Jun 29, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
-What should otherwise be epic and exciting fights are ridiculously short and anticlimatic.

-Quinella wants to remain at the top of Underworld society even if there would hardly be a society to rule over.

-Chekhov's Gun (the second dagger) has fired, and the bullet is plot armor. Good on the story for already introducing us to the Cardinal and her backstory, abilities, situation, and the tools that she had given them, so this moment made sense rather than being a Deus Ex Machina.

-RIP Charlotte.
Jul 2, 2019 8:54 PM
Jan 2017
Ok soo concercining this episode: Poor charlotte one of the saddest anime deaths.

Regarding this show so far: Does anyone feel like this is the worst SAO yet? I mean I get the whole "questioning what is a soul thing and does anyone really have freee will theme" but this just seems sooo dull compared to the other seasons of SAO. Literally the only episodes Ive enjoyed form this season were those irl where thry explain the sci-fi technology behind creating and rewriting human souls.
where as the in-game plot is just a spoiled bitch who is too scared of the real world to get out of her "virtual room"
Jul 3, 2019 6:14 PM
Jul 2019
nidoqueen106 said:
Ok soo concercining this episode: Poor charlotte one of the saddest anime deaths.

Regarding this show so far: Does anyone feel like this is the worst SAO yet? I mean I get the whole "questioning what is a soul thing and does anyone really have freee will theme" but this just seems sooo dull compared to the other seasons of SAO. Literally the only episodes Ive enjoyed form this season were those irl where thry explain the sci-fi technology behind creating and rewriting human souls.
where as the in-game plot is just a spoiled bitch who is too scared of the real world to get out of her "virtual room"
nope I think this is the best one
Jul 3, 2019 8:04 PM
Jan 2017
"[/quote]nope I think this is the best one[/quote]

how so? In what way do you think this is better?
Jul 5, 2019 12:57 AM
Feb 2018
nidoqueen106 said:
"
nope I think this is the best one[/quote]

how so? In what way do you think this is better?[/quote]

Not him. But I love it more. Cause of the story and characters. I thought Eugeo was pretty well developed and Alice is interesting. The fights are cool and the world is interesting. I feel like you missed the whole point in-game story. It’s not just “a bitch too scared to leave her room” your missing the point. I love how you just came up with that and forget the rest of the other stuff. Rescuing a childhood friend who is dear to someone and someone is trying to stop a war that “is scared of the real world” is causing. Your mishearing things that are happening.
Jul 6, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2009
Didn't expect to be devastated by a spider's death, but here we are. Poor Charlotte. Poor Cardinal. I hope she kicks Quinella's nice ass.
Aug 20, 2019 8:53 AM
Apr 2016
Quite intense battle, really. The teamwork was especially nice. Quinella sure likes being naked, considering she was literally the entire episode.
Oct 11, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, the clown is dead. The fight with him ended being so short.

A bit surprised that Kirito getting his old SAO outfit for a moment.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 1, 2019 1:56 PM

Sep 2014
Clown went down faster than I expected nice.
Quinella continues to be bae, liked her little talk with Kirito.
Can't say I felt anything for the spider.
Feb 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Feb 2019
Cardinal shows up like a boss
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 11, 2020 3:23 PM

Mar 2010
I was totally focused on those BREASTS ... O_________O I mean the plot >.<

But damn I learned so much, I think if i have hot females teaching me naked I could have become the conqueror of the world js.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2020 4:21 PM

Mar 2019
The real fight begins, Chudelkin got wasted xD
Rip spider
Jul 2, 2020 12:41 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The spider was the real MVP of this entire series probably.
Aug 5, 2020 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
The senator died so fast it's not even funny. But at least Kirito was cool with his Aincrad robe appearing (for some reason?) on him.
The sword golem sounds cool, and I bet it didn't go down for good just yet.
I can't really feel sadness for a random spider like that, but RIP I guess.
Nov 12, 2020 12:44 PM
Sep 2020
Expected a hard and brutal fight with the sword golem but nope! Closing to the end of this season...
Nov 18, 2020 9:30 AM

Apr 2019
Geez, what a joke. I couldn't even bother worrying about the characters being stabbed, as I knew that deus ex machina would save them once again. Nothing meaningful happens to the characters, so there is no sense of danger in the fights.

Someone should die already.
Nov 29, 2020 8:09 PM

Aug 2019
episode recap
>clown gets fucked up by kirito
>more naked hotness
>administrator summons op killing machine that stabs alice and kirito
>eugeo stabs the elevator with the dagger which somehow summons the cardinal
>charlotte the spider, the same one from charlotte's web dies (rip) to buy time for everyone
>everyone is sad over a fucking spider for some reason
>cardinal goes full hacks mode and destroys op killing machine
> 1v4 now administrator vs kirito, eugeo, alice, and cardinal
>gg no re? find out on the next episode of dbz

honestly kind of lol'd at this episode. As much as I liked this season these last few episodes have been kind of meh
Dec 18, 2020 7:20 AM

Apr 2013
I don't get it, so what's the command Quintella wants to use against the developers? Seems like she doesn't quite get how a program works lol
May 15, 2021 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
Pike27 said:
Geez, what a joke. I couldn't even bother worrying about the characters being stabbed, as I knew that deus ex machina would save them once again. Nothing meaningful happens to the characters, so there is no sense of danger in the fights.

Someone should die already.

that's why I could never care about anything happening in any of these virtual worlds after SAO, there are no stakes, what is this story even trying to do, nothing happening matters, and the fact that it looks like a Bleach rip off more and more by episode doesn't help lol

really Reki? a group of guys going to save their girl friend using swords and magic, one has Ice powers, one has Petal power Sword, they fight a flame boss near the end, come on... what a joke of a show, what is even happening, you're telling me that cloning somebody's mind results in them going insane, but somebody knowing that they are just a program that never meant anything, could be deleted any time, is just fine right? they just decide to sleep a lot, make some slaves, what? oh man.... how low can this series get
Nov 17, 2021 1:05 PM

Jul 2021
sad spider moment
Sep 2, 2022 3:10 PM
Jul 2016
Initially dropped this series on the first episode. Decided to come back to it after a little while and I am enjoying it like you would any other season of SAO its just your standard stuff nothing amazing plot-wise but its not like you watch SAO for that anyway, the animation has improved significantly from previous season but there were also scenes where you could think they cut a few corners(not upsetting but noticeable).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯~Ninjauser~¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 12, 2022 1:29 PM

Mar 2019
KIRITOOO!! That Aincrad clothing was back for 2 seconds and I loved it!

I was looking forward to the sword fight between Quinella and Kirito from the opening, but I should have known that never happens. Now to see how this ends. Also it's quite funny that Quinella really thinks she can go against Rath, lol. If your command was supposed to summon a monster in the game to fight the creators that are not in the game, then it seems like you really are dumb.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 16, 2023 6:22 PM

Nov 2010
14:36 I want to lick Quinella's armpits!
I think it would've been cool if Quinella discovered a way to bypass her failsafe protocol and take over Ocean Turtle. Now that's an ultimate plan to have her revenge against the Gods, aka programmers.
Jan 18, 2023 5:37 AM
Jun 2019
i like it ......................................................
Dec 16, 2023 8:37 AM
Nov 2023
Gahhdamnm those fight scenes added with amazing choice of OST music was real good
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

189 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.