Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Eugeo or Alice?
Feb 9, 2019 4:59 AM
Feb 2018
Which one of these two are your favorites? For me it’s Eugeo, I like seeing him grow as character and it’s good to see to have another male character added in the main cast and I adore his friendship with Kirito.
Feb 9, 2019 7:39 AM

Sep 2017
Brandsert said:
Which one of these two are your favorites? For me it’s Eugeo, I like seeing him grow as character and it’s good to see to have another male character added in the main cast and I adore his friendship with Kirito.
both of them is my favorites, eugeo for the bromance and alice for her cuteness
Feb 9, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Eugeo moved me emotionally much more than Alice or any of the other Sao characters did when I started to read the arc and I adore his bromance to Kirito that's why he gets my vote.
Feb 9, 2019 9:14 AM

Jun 2016
Eugeo of course.
Alice was interesting at first but later on.. yeah, lets just say her character let me disappointed
Feb 9, 2019 10:17 AM

Aug 2015
Alice is just waifu material, Eugeo is most better interesting and he had have a pretty decent development throughout the series
Feb 9, 2019 10:29 AM

Sep 2015
I'd vote alice because what she does on the second cour of this arc I'd ship alice x kirito anyday even over asuna (well maybe not lol but quite comparable)
Feb 10, 2019 2:01 PM

Mar 2016
Alice is amazing, but my boi Eugeo is really shining gradually in this series which is great to see. Tough choice for me. Also I like his perfect weapon control art the most in terms of animation and art.
Feb 10, 2019 3:38 PM

Sep 2014
Alice because shes basically Darkness, but competent.

Eugeo is so bland I cant believe people actually say he is a strong point of alicization
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Feb 10, 2019 10:54 PM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:

Eugeo is so bland I cant believe people actually say he is a strong point of alicization

I think people have every right to say he's the strong point. You find Eugeo bland and I can say the same thing about Alice because she looks like a Jeanne D'arc and Saber rip-off to me and her character didn't convince me either.
removed-userFeb 11, 2019 12:11 AM
Feb 11, 2019 1:21 AM

Jun 2017
I like Eugeo more. But only because I read the novels. The anime cut down his characterisation a lot. He would have been already very popular if the anime showed all of his thoughts.
Feb 11, 2019 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Chrome_Falcon said:
I like Eugeo more. But only because I read the novels. The anime cut down his characterisation a lot. He would have been already very popular if the anime showed all of his thoughts.

He's already a fan favorite among anime only fans but yeah they could've done a better job.
Feb 11, 2019 3:24 AM

May 2018
Alice because she's better than Asuna.
Feb 11, 2019 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
That is no brainer.

Feb 11, 2019 3:47 AM
Oct 2018
aspaknyaa said:
I'd vote alice because what she does on the second cour of this arc I'd ship alice x kirito anyday even over asuna (well maybe not lol but quite comparable)

Never over Asuna ......NEVER!
Feb 11, 2019 3:52 AM
Jul 2018
KaiserNazrin said:
That is no brainer.

Something tells me you like Alice
Feb 11, 2019 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
Made-In-Heaven said:
Comander-07 said:

I think people have every right to say he's the strong point. You find Eugeo bland and I can say the same thing about Alice because she looks like a Jeanne D'arc and Saber rip-off to me and her character didn't convince me either.
I think its amazing how you managed to miss the point and try to back up one weakness with another.

Just because Alice is a weak point doesnt make Eugeo any better. He is pretty much on the level of the side character girls, and worse than Klein and the Barkeeper.

And did you support your claim that Alice is a weak point with her character design? Really? The part where I said she is basically Darkness again must have went fully over your head. The character design is always the same, blond, long hair, tall, same sort of armour. ALWAYS. Its de wey. They have no choice.
Feb 11, 2019 12:29 PM
Feb 2018
Comander-07 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

I think its amazing how you managed to miss the point and try to back up one weakness with another.

Just because Alice is a weak point doesnt make Eugeo any better. He is pretty much on the level of the side character girls, and worse than Klein and the Barkeeper.

And did you support your claim that Alice is a weak point with her character design? Really? The part where I said she is basically Darkness again must have went fully over your head. The character design is always the same, blond, long hair, tall, same sort of armour. ALWAYS. Its de wey. They have no choice.
how about you explain your points on why Eugeo is worst other than being bland. Eugeo has shown more development than the other characters he changed throughout the course of the show.
Feb 12, 2019 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Worse than Klein and Agil? That's stupid. He had more screen time and development than both of them combined so to claim he's worse than two side characters and on the same level as the side characters, even though he moves the plot and is a main character, is ridiculous and shows me you just can't stand him, that's it.

Yes, Alice's design including her character is bland to me because a tsundere who acts very serious and then opens up to the protagonist with cute blushing moments isn't anything new either and my mind about her didn't change much when I read the novels even though she did have great moments. I think you're the one who misses the point if you believe I was just talking about her design alone and tried to "back up" the so called weakness (aka you just calling him bland) but continue to complain about how fans dare to prefer a "bland" character over the "bland" waifu.
removed-userFeb 12, 2019 2:43 AM
Feb 12, 2019 1:17 AM

Sep 2014
Made-In-Heaven said:
Comander-07 said:

Worse than Klein and Agil? That's stupid. He had more screen time and development than both of them combined so to claim he's worse than two side characters is ridiculous and shows me you just can't stand him, that's it.

Yes, Alice's design including her character is bland to me because a tsundere who acts very serious and then opens up to the protagonist with cute blushing moments isn't anything new either and my mind about her didn't change much when I read the novels. I think you're the one who misses the point if you believe I was just talking about her design alone but continue complaining about how fans date to prefer a "bland" character over the "bland" waifu.
screentime doesnt equal developement kid
Feb 12, 2019 1:19 AM

Sep 2014
Brandsert said:
Comander-07 said:

how about you explain your points on why Eugeo is worst other than being bland. Eugeo has shown more development than the other characters he changed throughout the course of the show.
How about no

He is as bland as it gets. The amount of screentime he had while remaining bland makes it worse. He is just an NPC after all
Feb 12, 2019 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
Comander-07 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Worse than Klein and Agil? That's stupid. He had more screen time and development than both of them combined so to claim he's worse than two side characters is ridiculous and shows me you just can't stand him, that's it.

Yes, Alice's design including her character is bland to me because a tsundere who acts very serious and then opens up to the protagonist with cute blushing moments isn't anything new either and my mind about her didn't change much when I read the novels. I think you're the one who misses the point if you believe I was just talking about her design alone but continue complaining about how fans date to prefer a "bland" character over the "bland" waifu.

It actually does. He went from a scarred guy who always followed the rules to someone who broke the rules to do the right thing at the costs of his own future and became a bit more self confident and also showed he does get angry instead just being the one-dimensional kind polite follower who never has any negative emotions. He's the first character who proved to the viewers his mind is human just like the rest of us, not Alice Schuberg who accidentally broke the rules, and he's also more open with people now and he will also later say one of the most iconic quotes I've seen in any series and that inspires fans from real life too to become more like him but keep ignoring this. He's bland and doesn't have any character development because you said so and because you don't like him *rolls eyes*
removed-userFeb 12, 2019 1:33 AM
Feb 12, 2019 8:45 AM
Feb 2018
Comander-07 said:
Brandsert said:
How about no

He is as bland as it gets. The amount of screentime he had while remaining bland makes it worse. He is just an NPC after all
He’s not have you not been paying attention to the damn show
Feb 12, 2019 8:49 AM
Feb 2018
Made-In-Heaven said:
Comander-07 said:

It actually does. He went from a scarred guy who always followed the rules to someone who broke the rules to do the right thing at the costs of his own future and became a bit more self confident and also showed he does get angry instead just being the one-dimensional kind polite follower who never has any negative emotions. He's the first character who proved to the viewers his mind is human just like the rest of us, not Alice Schuberg who accidentally broke the rules, and he's also more open with people now and he will also later say one of the most iconic quotes I've seen in any series and that inspires fans from real life too to become more like him but keep ignoring this. He's bland and doesn't have any character development because you said so and because you don't like him *rolls eyes*
Don’t bother with this guy he’s just a hater Eugeo has more votes on this poll he’s just in denial that people love Eugeo.
Feb 12, 2019 9:16 AM
Jul 2018
Brandsert said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Don’t bother with this guy he’s just a hater Eugeo has more votes on this poll he’s just in denial that people love Eugeo.

The votes are overall pretty even and can change in Alice's favor but I agree to claim Eugeo doesn't have any character development is straight up just a lie. He's the most developed character in Sao and even more in the novel.
Feb 12, 2019 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
Brandsert said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

there are 45 votes for eugeo and 30 for alice

Thats like nothing. But yes I live in denial. That, or I simply have higher standards than you.
Feb 12, 2019 2:37 PM
Feb 2018
Comander-07 said:
Brandsert said:

Thats like nothing. But yes I live in denial. That, or I simply have higher standards than you.
okay whatever you say. I can explain why Eugeo is a great character and we’ll be here all day but it ain’t worth trying to discuss with you. Goodbye.
Feb 13, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
Brandsert said:
Comander-07 said:

okay whatever you say. I can explain why Eugeo is a great character and we’ll be here all day but it ain’t worth trying to discuss with you. Goodbye.
Like I said its totally alright if you like him, I simply have higher standards for what I consider good.
Feb 14, 2019 12:35 PM

Jun 2016
@Comander-07

You can dislike Eugeo all you want, but the fact that he got more development than a lot of other SAO characters is there.
He was someone who repressed his true feelings deep inside in the beginning when he was in rulid, thinking that his life would have been pretty worthless in comparison to what it could've been. He carried feelings of regret for years because he wasnt able to save alice, and he didnt even talk about it with anyone because he was ashamed of himself and about what others thought.
Now look at where he is, what he has accomplished, and how much determination he has right now.
You may just say he's bland because you dont know exactly how to explain why the character doesnt appeal to you, but saying he's bland is totally wrong.
Feb 14, 2019 2:38 PM

Sep 2014
AyumiVk said:
@Comander-07

You can dislike Eugeo all you want, but the fact that he got more development than a lot of other SAO characters is there.
He was someone who repressed his true feelings deep inside in the beginning when he was in rulid, thinking that his life would have been pretty worthless in comparison to what it could've been. He carried feelings of regret for years because he wasnt able to save alice, and he didnt even talk about it with anyone because he was ashamed of himself and about what others thought.
Now look at where he is, what he has accomplished, and how much determination he has right now.
You may just say he's bland because you dont know exactly how to explain why the character doesnt appeal to you, but saying he's bland is totally wrong.
not at all. He is bland because he is. For years? Lmao. For 2 episodes you mean. He is the boring white knight. Kirito 2.0 basically.

Just because you dont know how to explain your shit taste doesnt make him a good character.

For what is essentially the second MC he is way too bland. But its okay if you like him or anything. That just does not make him any good.
Feb 14, 2019 2:58 PM

Jun 2016
Comander-07 said:
AyumiVk said:
@Comander-07

not at all. He is bland because he is. For years? Lmao. For 2 episodes you mean. He is the boring white knight. Kirito 2.0 basically.

Just because you dont know how to explain your shit taste doesnt make him a good character.

For what is essentially the second MC he is way too bland. But its okay if you like him or anything. That just does not make him any good.

First off, i was polite with you so if you tone down your rudeness i would welcome it.
Just because it was 2 episodes for us, it were years for him. Outside the story he's just a fictional character, not a breathing human being like you.
I explained why eugeo did show development and you still continue to say he's bland and others just have shit taste? Dude, everyone has their own right to like different things, its not shit taste, its different opinions. The difference here is that actually i gave you an explanation to back up my view, but you are just using useless bad attitude without making a good point.
Feb 15, 2019 12:25 PM

Sep 2014
AyumiVk said:
Comander-07 said:

First off, i was polite with you so if you tone down your rudeness i would welcome it.
Just because it was 2 episodes for us, it were years for him. Outside the story he's just a fictional character, not a breathing human being like you.
I explained why eugeo did show development and you still continue to say he's bland and others just have shit taste? Dude, everyone has their own right to like different things, its not shit taste, its different opinions. The difference here is that actually i gave you an explanation to back up my view, but you are just using useless bad attitude without making a good point.
Alright, but it doesnt matter how long it was in theory. What matters is what actually happened. And what happened did so in just 2 episodes. Thats not good character developement, no matter how many years you shoehorn into the timeskip.

And its my different opinion that its shit taste to like the bland character developement.

What kind of backup am I supposed to give? He is bland exactly because there isnt anything to say about him, except that he is a white knight.

PS: No need to be polite, this is MAL
Comander-07Feb 15, 2019 12:33 PM
Feb 15, 2019 1:13 PM

Jun 2016
@Comander-07

I was referring to the timeskip that happened between when he was a kid until kirito logged in underworld again but whatever.
Ok.. excuse me but i will have to write a little.
The 2 year time skip was made shorter for the anime and cut some character interactions plus there also a fight that happened in rulid between eugeo and zink (the guy who made fun of him), and that served to go further and show how eugeo was beginning to face his problems and stand up for himself with new determination. This was before eugeo and kirito went to zakkaria.
However we can pick more examples that shows growth on the character in the anime such as him trying to fight the goblins to save kirito without even having fight experience and knowing he could have died because of it, or when he admitted he was weak and asked for sword training to be someone he could be a little more proud of, and even when he did what he did to the two noble even if it went against the taboo index (noting that some other person much probably wouldnt have been able to break the eye seal like he did).

Eugeo shows a lot of personal growth, and there was even internal monologues and scenes with him that provided further characterization in the ln, but unfortunately they were also cut due to the adaptation.
Again, you have the right to dislike him but saying he has bland development... eh, right.

And i dont care if this is MAL or the internet for that matter, if you want to at least be respected then respect others as well. I'm not here to attack you, i was just trying to make a point but as the other people said in this thread it really looks like its impossible, i shouldn't have said anything to begin with really.. so yeah, i'll just leave.
Feb 16, 2019 3:15 PM

Sep 2014
AyumiVk said:
@Comander-07

I was referring to the timeskip that happened between when he was a kid until kirito logged in underworld again but whatever.
Ok.. excuse me but i will have to write a little.
The 2 year time skip was made shorter for the anime and cut some character interactions plus there also a fight that happened in rulid between eugeo and zink (the guy who made fun of him), and that served to go further and show how eugeo was beginning to face his problems and stand up for himself with new determination. This was before eugeo and kirito went to zakkaria.
However we can pick more examples that shows growth on the character in the anime such as him trying to fight the goblins to save kirito without even having fight experience and knowing he could have died because of it, or when he admitted he was weak and asked for sword training to be someone he could be a little more proud of, and even when he did what he did to the two noble even if it went against the taboo index (noting that some other person much probably wouldnt have been able to break the eye seal like he did).

Eugeo shows a lot of personal growth, and there was even internal monologues and scenes with him that provided further characterization in the ln, but unfortunately they were also cut due to the adaptation.
Again, you have the right to dislike him but saying he has bland development... eh, right.

And i dont care if this is MAL or the internet for that matter, if you want to at least be respected then respect others as well. I'm not here to attack you, i was just trying to make a point but as the other people said in this thread it really looks like its impossible, i shouldn't have said anything to begin with really.. so yeah, i'll just leave.
so you base your evalution of his character on stuff which never happened in the anime version, got it. You base his character developement on a different character, and the time skips are great because you can shoehorn everything into them you need. You base your judgement of his character on how empty he is, because that leaves room for developement.

I actually never meant anything here serious, but this right here is ridiculous.
Feb 16, 2019 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
If I can step in for a moment for @Comander-07 and @AyumiVk

For Comander my issue with your point is that you're saying that Eugeo is bland and that you can't believe that people actually thought of him as the strongest point of the series. Which, you said nothing else aside from that.

Comander-07 said:

The statement feels rather baseless with no actual way to substain your reason. Of course it's not inherently needed to explain your reasons in further or in depth details but Ayumi was stating their own perspective that you can dislike Eugeo all you want, but compared to other character he has gotten the most development out of the cast.

From what I've gathered is that you haven't solidify your point initially, making people puzzled over your thoughts on Eugeo. Which in your initial point, it comes off as you haven't explained your basis and just shot at the people for liking the character.

Though a lot of people might've read the novels so that argument stem from their perspective (which to that I can agree to an extent that the timeframe doesn't matter when the presentation says otherwise, however you can argue the progression of that base background made him a better protagonist).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the topic of discussion, well I like Alice more than Eugeo because out of most cast she feels like the most rewarding character in terms of end results. But I need to go and catch up with the anime, so I'm just talking about from the perspective as a LN reader.
Feb 16, 2019 6:47 PM

Sep 2014
Wasshio said:

For Comander my issue with your point is that you're saying that Eugeo is bland and that you can't believe that people actually thought of him as the strongest point of the series. Which, you said nothing else aside from that.

Comander-07 said:

The statement feels rather baseless with no actual way to substain your reason. Of course it's not inherently needed to explain your reasons in further or in depth details but Ayumi was stating their own perspective that you can dislike Eugeo all you want, but compared to other character he has gotten the most development out of the cast.

From what I've gathered is that you haven't solidify your point initially, making people puzzled over your thoughts on Eugeo. Which in your initial point, it comes off as you haven't explained your basis and just shot at the people for liking the character.

Though a lot of people might've read the novels so that argument stem from their perspective (which to that I can agree to an extent that the timeframe doesn't matter when the presentation says otherwise, however you can argue the progression of that base background made him a better protagonist).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the topic of discussion, well I like Alice more than Eugeo because out of most cast she feels like the most rewarding character in terms of end results. But I need to go and catch up with the anime, so I'm just talking about from the perspective as a LN reader.
You are wrong, I can totally believe that you think he is the strongest point of the series and I said that its fine multiple times.(Even though my first post said otherwise, that was just a shitpost) What you guys dont want to understand is that people have not just different opinions, but different standards alltogether.

The "baseless" thing goes both ways, you say he is a strong point because developement. I dont see any special developement here, so for me thats also baseless. That Eugeo got the most developement out of a bunch of underdeveloped characters doesnt make him good though. Its still underwhelming.

I totally get you think Eugeo has the most developement, that might actually be true. But to say it with Reigen-senseis words "it is too weak for me to notice", he is still so underwhelming compared to characters from other shows, he doesnt pass as good for me. So even when he has the most developement and is the best character from Alicization, he is still trash overall.

Alice atleast is a tsundere. Started as generic childhood friend girl, plot happens, times skips, which apparently is character developement to some people, add brainwashing and now she is a tsundere.

I do agree with you on the points of being rewarding. I like to see her on screen, because we did not see much of her so far. So she actually has potential for developement.

I have to salute you for your sensible comment, I cant even troll here. Anyway, I dont want to spam in this topic any further.

Feb 17, 2019 4:16 AM

Aug 2017
Eugeo because he's so much more developed but at the same time feels a little bit shallow.
Feb 18, 2019 8:35 AM

Jan 2015
asuna but i need 15 characters
Feb 19, 2019 4:09 PM

Sep 2015
Tough choice... but Eugeo.
This is based on my light novel experience. Eugeo showed the most character growth and dilemma throughout. He was the weakest at the start but got stronger as time went on. His personality and character developed too. He was passive and reliant on others but by the end, he showed his own initiative and took charge.

Alice is a very cool character, and IMO is the best female character in SAO, however due to her lack or presence and the nature of it being a harem anime, it damaged her overall character IMO.

The anime IMO does not do any of the character's justice.
Eugeo's characterization is completely gone. Alice amounts to nothing but a tsundere, and Kirito still comes off as the superhero he was in previous arcs.
I never had this complaint previously because the light novel had the characters about as well developed as the anime was. So similarly as lacking. But Alicization was leagues better in writing yet the anime feels no different than previous seasons.
Maybe its just me...

Spoiler from novel in a form of a rant regarding Kirito, Eugeo and Alice relationship.
zcv45Feb 19, 2019 4:28 PM
Feb 19, 2019 4:40 PM

Sep 2015
Comander-07 said:
Wasshio said:

You are wrong, I can totally believe that you think he is the strongest point of the series and I said that its fine multiple times.(Even though my first post said otherwise, that was just a shitpost) What you guys dont want to understand is that people have not just different opinions, but different standards alltogether.

The "baseless" thing goes both ways, you say he is a strong point because developement. I dont see any special developement here, so for me thats also baseless. That Eugeo got the most developement out of a bunch of underdeveloped characters doesnt make him good though. Its still underwhelming.

I totally get you think Eugeo has the most developement, that might actually be true. But to say it with Reigen-senseis words "it is too weak for me to notice", he is still so underwhelming compared to characters from other shows, he doesnt pass as good for me. So even when he has the most developement and is the best character from Alicization, he is still trash overall.

Alice atleast is a tsundere. Started as generic childhood friend girl, plot happens, times skips, which apparently is character developement to some people, add brainwashing and now she is a tsundere.

I do agree with you on the points of being rewarding. I like to see her on screen, because we did not see much of her so far. So she actually has potential for developement.

I have to salute you for your sensible comment, I cant even troll here. Anyway, I dont want to spam in this topic any further.

The problem with your assessment of a CHARACTER is that you based it SOLELY on the anime. As already mentioned there was no 2 year time skip. There was shorter time skips but not a straight out 2 years where Eugeo got plenty of development in the light novel.

The LN character is NOT different from the anime character. They ARE the same. The REPRESENTATION is different. And if the anime doesn't convey what the original Light Novel did, then its a failing of the anime, not the character.

In the light novel, Eugeo is no way bland and is the best character in SAO. Comparing him to Klein and Agil is an stupid.
And Alice isn't all that tsundere in the light novel. IDK where people is getting this from. The whole tsundere part seems to be from the anime only. She don't show any tsundere tendancies. The whole comparison of Alice with a competent Darkness is absurd. How is she anything like Darkness? The two can't be anymore different.
Feb 20, 2019 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
zcv45 said:
Tough choice... but Eugeo.
This is based on my light novel experience. Eugeo showed the most character growth and dilemma throughout. He was the weakest at the start but got stronger as time went on. His personality and character developed too. He was passive and reliant on others but by the end, he showed his own initiative and took charge.

Alice is a very cool character, and IMO is the best female character in SAO, however due to her lack or presence and the nature of it being a harem anime, it damaged her overall character IMO.

The anime IMO does not do any of the character's justice.
Eugeo's characterization is completely gone. Alice amounts to nothing but a tsundere, and Kirito still comes off as the superhero he was in previous arcs.
I never had this complaint previously because the light novel had the characters about as well developed as the anime was. So similarly as lacking. But Alicization was leagues better in writing yet the anime feels no different than previous seasons.
Maybe its just me...

Spoiler from novel in a form of a rant regarding Kirito, Eugeo and Alice relationship.

removed-userFeb 20, 2019 12:53 AM
Feb 20, 2019 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
zcv45 said:
Comander-07 said:

The problem with your assessment of a CHARACTER is that you based it SOLELY on the anime. As already mentioned there was no 2 year time skip. There was shorter time skips but not a straight out 2 years where Eugeo got plenty of development in the light novel.

The LN character is NOT different from the anime character. They ARE the same. The REPRESENTATION is different. And if the anime doesn't convey what the original Light Novel did, then its a failing of the anime, not the character.

In the light novel, Eugeo is no way bland and is the best character in SAO. Comparing him to Klein and Agil is an stupid.
And Alice isn't all that tsundere in the light novel. IDK where people is getting this from. The whole tsundere part seems to be from the anime only. She don't show any tsundere tendancies. The whole comparison of Alice with a competent Darkness is absurd. How is she anything like Darkness? The two can't be anymore different.
anime =! Source

Each has to stand on its own feet. Thus, they ARE different characters and I SHOULD ONLY care about the anime version.

Its a failing of the anime? Possibly. But no, they are not the same character. People really need to understand that adaptions are their own work of art. Anything not in this work is as relevant as a fanfic.

Because .. well.. if you want to discuss novel eugeo, go to the novel forum. This is the ANIME section. Thus its about the anime.

If the anime character sucks, thats leaves us with a bad character in the anime. That is how things work. Being a representation has NO influence on the enjoyment and complexity of the anime and its characters.

In the ANIME. Which, again, this is about, becuase if its not - go to the novel thread, he IS bland, he IS NOT the best character in SAO. And Alice IS a pure breed tsundere. Because that is what actually HAPPENS in the anime. On screen. The form of media I am consuming and discuss on the ANIME forum.

The whole comparison of book characters with movie characters is absurd.

I will say this once again THIS IS THE ANIME SECTION. WHATEVER HAPPENS IN ANYTHING BUT THE ANIME IS NOT PART OF THE SHOW.

This is not hard to understand. Or is the movie "The last Airbender" suddenly amazing, because the sauce was?

Is live adaption {insert character} good, because he was in the {insert source}? NO.because they are seperate!

Edit - I know even better, from this day on SAO ABRIDGED will be relevant for a character. Both Kirito and Asuna are now psychos, see? Thats what you are doing. Thanks, this season just got a lot better. Its easily my favourite anime now because OF SOMETHING NOT IN THE ANIME

Feb 24, 2019 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
Alice. I'm a LN reader so her best moments are in the second cour.
Feb 25, 2019 7:33 AM

Apr 2016
I prefer Eugeo, he really impressed me from the beginning, I really like his characterization, he became one of my favorite characters, I've read the novel, so my opinion is also due to this. I know the anime has characterized him less than the novel, but if I have to tell the truth i also like wath the anime has done. However i like Alice, her best moments are in the second part, but also considering that i prefer Eugeo.
Feb 27, 2019 3:31 AM
Oct 2014
Eugeo reminds me of Shido in a bad way
Feb 27, 2019 1:57 PM
Sep 2016
Eugeo so far is my favourite.
Mar 2, 2019 4:41 AM
Aug 2018
Got to say Eugeo . We've seen a lot of improvement in his character and personality and still Alice is a kind of mystery .
Apr 3, 2019 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
Can't stand Eugebro. He's just an obstruction to putting Alice in the harem.
Apr 3, 2019 1:42 AM
Feb 2018
TrumpMD said:
Can't stand Eugebro. He's just an obstruction to putting Alice in the harem.
no he’s not. Also Kirito finds Eugeo way more important than Alice is.
Nov 19, 2019 3:08 PM
Dec 2015
Eugebro, because bromance and development. Alice is cool but in the end, she is just another waifu.
Oct 17, 2021 7:10 AM

Oct 2020
Definitely EUGEO.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.