Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2019 5:15 PM

Nov 2018
I like that Luffy put his hat over Katakuri to cover his mouth.

Mar 9, 2019 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
See what happens when you drag the fight too long? That was some anticlimactic uneventful bs of an ending to their year-long fight. Booooooooring! And that flashback of Sanji and Pudding. Boooooooring! Nobody asked for that shit.
Mar 24, 2019 4:06 PM

May 2016
I hate Pudding so I didn't felt anything for that scene, good fight end thought.
Mar 31, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2013
Lmao, even the opening title; "Finally, It's Over!"
Katakuri is such a great character, awesome fiight between Luffy and him for sure!
Luffy putting his hat over Katakuri's mouth was a nice touch.

I'm glad Pudding eventually kissed Sanji, it was her last chance.

Damn, it's all gonna kick off next episode!
Jun 1, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2015
Luffy won somehow!

It was sweet between Pudding and Sanji.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 24, 2019 11:28 PM

Aug 2011
Seriously, One Piece? You're not gonna show the kiss between Sanji and Pudding, but Reiju's disgusting smoochie with the saliva thread is fine to show? Weird standards.
Jan 21, 2020 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
Katakuri, the man that never fell on his back finally lies down on his back in front of a worthwhile adversary. Luffy places his black hat on Katakuri's mouth to protect his image, covering the part Katakuri felt most emotionally anxious to. The amount of respect and acknowledgment these two men displayed to one another is wonderful.
In the end, Luffy's almost Godlike endurance and high-risk determination proved to be quite the boon in this fight.

Was Pudding kissing Sanji? Ah, I wanted to see that scene close up. Why did they not show it to us? How very unfortunate. Sanji sure is dense when it comes to Pudding's true feelings. Maybe this kiss will snap him out of his stupor.

How in the world did Luffy see-through Pekom's disguise? Is it possible? Is Luffy getting a little smarter? Just a little? Or in his hazy daze and exhausted state does Luffy's brain decide to function properly without his knowledge?
Mar 28, 2020 12:06 AM

Mar 2010
kataguri is such a boss. I love pekom. funny luffy recognized him.
May 21, 2020 4:17 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Long overdue but fantastic at the very end nonetheless, Luffy finally manages to take down the formidable leader of the Sweet Generals Katakuri.

Seriously, I had to stay up to 7 am to get to this...

But, that aside, it’s amazing how the animation took a notch up in the last episode in particular! For a second, I thought Black Clover’s Studio Pierrot was in charge of OP y’know. Great stuff!

Katakuri falling on his back after first asking that question and then Luffy going on to cover Katakuri’s mouth just goes to show the level of respect and esteem they hold for each other now, and I loved it!

Questions over how Pekoms managed to get into the Mirro-World but I’m looking forward to seeing how the Straw Hats will get out of this deadlock.

Meanwhile, Pudding-chan did it! Damn, she utilised her final chance in flying colours. Perfect! I’d been beginning to ship Sanji with her for a few episodes now and I feel like this is a reward of sorts. Arigatou, Oda-Sensei!

I’ve seen a lot of hate for her and that’s understandable to be honest. Maybe if it weren’t for Miyuki Suwashiro, I wouldn’t have come to terms with her to this extent but I’m glad I did now.

It’s finally time for the endgame but about bloody time for some sleep more importantly. It’s been some marathoning for me these past 2-3 days. I’ve watched about 30 episodes (+ an episode each from Kami no Tou and Kakushigoto) today (as in since my last sleep).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 13, 2020 5:44 AM

Jun 2016
When I originally spoke about the liberation of Katakuri, I assumed that it would come in his downfall. I assume that by losing the image of the invincible brother, he would find freedom. I may have misspoke in a previous thread by saying the liberation had already occurred because if so, what I meant to say was that it was already beginning. He did so by ripping off his mask and exposing himself to the world. He did so by doing something for himself rather than his family. He did so by putting himself on the same level as Luffy! But he still held his reservations, fighting hard to not fall to the very end. In the end however, he fell to his back, this time not inside the mochi house, only after some closing words with Luffy no less. The age of needing to be this unsustainable monster is over and it inspired me to celebrate on his behalf. Luffy covering his mouth reminds me of Franky wiping Senor Pink’s tear. <3 Did Luffy even mention his mouth?! If not, the fact that he showed explicit awareness for that insecurity is even sweeter.

Sanji and Pudding also shared a good moment. I was concerned that Pudding would get limited focus when she was relegated to comic relief and that was ultimately true but we at least got this. Pudding trying to force an apology to Sanji no matter how hard it is, and ultimately after being forgiven for everything she felt ashamed of almost like Luffy did to Sanji earlier, giving him a kiss unless what we saw was an optical illusion! If it wasn't then our boy isn’t a kissless virgin anymore!!! On a more serious note, seeing Sanji laugh about the trap that they fell into gave me some similar energy to Zoro smiling at Brook after the events of Thriller Bark. They aren't free yet, but the fact that Sanji, who suffered so much, was able to laugh about it had a sentimental touch which felt really sweet.

We also got a whole lot of set up for this upcoming escape. Things are not over yet, the fleet has the island surrounded, chaos is inbound. But instead of talking about all that, I'll talk about my favourite part of the episode! My boy Mystoms came to save the day!!!! Being one of my favourite characters of this arc, I've missed him and seeing that absolute doofus pull a Gangster Gastino, or for the boomers out there, a Sogeking, was beautiful. Shocking that Luffy recognized him. I had a feeling that Pedro would be the push that Pekoms needed to fully work with Luffy, and for him to carry off an injured Luffy just as Luffy carried an injured Pekoms on the way to Whole Cake felt like a pretty cute call back. We're back where we started. Kind of.
Jun 17, 2021 1:45 AM

May 2017
Another amazing episode. Luffy finally won and damn that was a fight! Also Sanji x Pudding moment was really sweet. Sanji once again proved that he is one of my favorite characters! I still don't get why people hate on pudding. I think they are an amazing couple, because they share a very similar fate, but while Sanji was blessed by his mother, his sister helping him, finding another father and finally finding amazing friends, pudding lost her dearest friend, her sister Lola.

Overall an awesome episode. Now we're in for the great finale of this outstanding arc!
Aug 16, 2021 9:26 AM

Sep 2015
But Sanji has been acting so normal and formal towards pudding this whole time, i'm surprised how he can keep his cool.

I wonder how the army couldn't detect and smell Sanji smoking lol

Never knew Bege would go so far for his Wife, amazing guy

But did Pudding REALLY kissed Sanji?!?! Did I really live to see Sanji get kissed?!?

Katakuri feel down on his back, for the first time in respect for Luffy after the battle.... And Luffys own way to leave his respect by putting the hat he got from Bege on top of Katakuris mouth xD

But PEKOMS!! I DIDN'T EXPECT HIM TO DO SOMETHING FOR STRAWHAT, he truly does feel indebted to Straw hat after helping Zou.

I can't believe Luffy was able to stand up, after receiving endless amount of beatings with that huge stab wound.

Burlee just can't stop being caught and being used xD

Katakuri said "You're seeing quite far into the future", which implies that Luffy sees what Katakuri can't see, which means Luffy surpassed Katakuri.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 25, 2021 12:37 PM

Jun 2019
I like when Luffy puts the hat on Katakuri's face to hide his teeth. That's the future Pirate King for ya.
Sep 6, 2021 3:49 AM

Aug 2021
Finally Katakuri a man of BILLION bounty is down....!!!!!
Dec 28, 2021 11:02 AM

May 2016
Pudding stole Sanji's first kiss and it was beautiful. It's already unfortunate enough that she won't be able to join the Straw Hats but my heart would be crushed if they don't manage to find a way to get in touch with each other somehow.

Katakuri finally accepted defeat in the hands of the future Pirate King. It's kind of a bummer that Luffy's heightened Observation Haki didn't turn out to be the key to his victory after all but seeing Snake Man kick ass was an awesome consolation prize.

I hope that Pekoms would at least escape with the Straw Hats so the Big Mom Pirates won't end up killing him for betraying them.

Apr 21, 2022 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
Such a formidable and honorable fight, I'll never forget this fight. Katakuri took the number 1 spot as my favorite antagonist. He was so respectable and fair and played no bullshit. And it was sweet how Luffy put his hat over Katakuri's face knowing how cautious/insecure he is about it. And Katakuri saying "you're seeing far into the future" 😏 he knows that Luffy will achieve his goal and become King of the Pirates 😌
"No matter how hard things get, only use your strength to protect" - Mitsuya Takashi
May 22, 2022 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
The way Luffy vs Katakuri ended was a jaw dropper. A great finishing touch with how Luffy shows Katakuri dignity by hiding his mouth so that whoever finds him sees the perfect brother (defeated).

The situation with the mirror looks so one-sided. I'm guessing that Pekoms might transform like Carrot the moment he sees the moon.
Jun 6, 2022 3:32 AM
Jul 2018
great episode Luffy won and he showed his respect for katakuri

when katakuri asked luffy "will you come back to take down big mom" and luffy's answer to that that scene was just amazing

katakuri has officially become my second favorite antagonist in one piece

And did pudding just kissed sanji
removed-userAug 13, 2022 5:26 AM
Aug 2, 2022 7:15 PM

Jan 2021
This was a respectful conclusion between Luffy and Katakuri I’ll definitely be looking forward to there next fight when Luffy comes back to defeat Big Mom
Oct 26, 2022 2:57 PM

Sep 2011
Flexstyle said:
Let me get this straight:

Katakuri beat the shit out of Luffy for 11 hrs straight, while he stood there taking it like some masochist. It was only till the 12th hour, after training his haki to acquire future sight and several Rayliegh flashbacks did Luffy take his training bag seriously. Luffy busted out his asspull powerup: Snakeman and magically won the fight?!

Katakuri was portrayed to being stronger than Luffy in nearly every aspect (e.g. better haki, speed, df mastery, more combat experience) and Katakuri landed far more hits than Luffy did. Snakeman has weaker damage output than boundman. Luffy’s plot armour in this figjt was too ridiculous it’s broken my suspension of disbelief.

Luffy Vs Katakuri is one of the most poorly written Op fights. This is me not factoring the plethora of bad writing and plot conveniences.

I couldnt agree with this comment more. This fight was so wrong in every aspect, what kind of plot armor is this?

And you OP die hard fans, keep living with your delusional thoughts. Katakuri is the obvious winner of this fight. Period
Oct 26, 2022 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
blank said:

You seem to be rather dense... This was was NEVER about strength, it's clear to an idiot that Katakuri is superior in every aspect, but it was never about that... Didn't you notice Katakuri saying "I am stronger than you!" like 100 times? Think about the reason... Remember when Katakuri got hit by Luffy's gear 4, and then Katakuri just started getting pummeled like never before? He went into panic, Luffy is an inferior version of himself, yet Luffy managed to stand as an equal, Katakuri's ideology was wrecked. Katakuri questioned his own actions the entire fight, Katakuri's sense of justice was incorrect, thus at the end he fought "To win" instead of for Big Mom, HE DID fight for Big Mom at first if you forgot... Some people judge everything by the eye, and can't percept anything not portrayed visually. I'm hoping at some point there's gonna be an explanation to dummies that can't understand a thing.
what kind of comment is this? I am sorry but this is nonsense.. He got hit by all the powerful attacks of Katakuri, one after another, but each time he got back up. Every single time.. This was so nonsense that after a certain point, I was like "whatever, he will get back up again anyway" and at that point there was no more pleasure to watch. How do you reconcile this with what you wrote above? If a character is get hit by all the strongest attacks in an anime but gets back up every single time, is there still a reason to look for a logic there?
ember-moonOct 26, 2022 3:18 PM
Oct 26, 2022 3:08 PM

Sep 2011
Flexstyle said:

Op tards in a nutshell. Katakuri started as a competent son not underestimating his opponent, and willing to do anything to protect his family. He then does a 180 and turns into a honourable idiot who can’t forsake his pride to protect his family. Where was his awakening in the 2nd half of the fight? Why was his spear constantly disappearing?

Stop trying to find a deeper meaning to justify this shit fight. The dialogue was so generic and bad it makes me laugh how you fans think their was ever a clash of ideologies. Nothing you said counters the physical aspect of this fight either. Katakuri spent 11 hrs whopping the rubber idiot and yet he kept coming back up and in the end he magically won. This was an example of the typical shounen troupe where the MC has unrealistic amounts of stamina and magically winning. Katakuri should be able to fight for days like other top tiers, but he got nerfed so Luffy wins. Great way to destroy the precedent you created Oda. What a joke

The only dense one here is you who fucking links that trash youtuber who tries to wank Luffy Vs Katakuri. Fights are not Oda’s forte, in fact he’s arguably the worst in shounen. It’s a good thing his story and world building makes up of it

+1. Some people are just stupid..
Feb 10, 2023 1:07 AM
Oct 2020
Fantastic anime!!!
Mar 9, 2023 2:32 AM

Dec 2020
the end to the fight was GREAT. katakuri may be the enemy but you can see he respects the man hes fighting. just like luffy.

also sanji...damn. i hate pudding so i cant say im too happy about this but 😭 return of pekoms tho!
Apr 8, 2023 7:26 AM

May 2010
God, gotta be one of the most dragged and boring fights in OP, and it says something lol. Made me stop watch this series for years, I'm slowly coming back to it, but I still think it's just bad and boring. Sure, some of the animations were nice, but it was just punching with no consequences (which is like almost always I guess). You know Luffy always gets up right away. Mirror worls was ugly to look at, the mochi power sucks imo, and Katakuri isn't fun, doesn't even feel that powerful compared to some of the other enemies in this series. Yeah, I hated this whole battle.

Sighhh...
Apr 30, 2023 11:23 PM

Apr 2021
"Are you gonna come back to take down Big Mom someday?"
“Why does an apple fall when it is ripe? Is it brought down by the force of gravity? Is it because its stalk withers? Because it is dried by the sun, because it grows too heavy, or because the boy standing under the tree wants to eat it? None of these is the cause.... Every action of theirs, that seems to them an act of their own free will is in the historical sense not free at all but is bound up with the whole course of history and preordained from all eternity.”

― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Jun 27, 2023 2:28 PM
Aug 2022
Buuuullsshiiiaatt!! Luffy is the last person to recognize it was Pekoms. Another reason to hate WCI.

Glad that it's coming to a close. 
Mar 7, 6:00 PM
Jun 2022
man W fight W katakuri bro and W luffy for covering bros face
Mar 9, 3:40 AM
Oct 2019
Ain't no way did Pudding just kiss Sanji? 😘😘😘

Finally it's over!! I have some respect for Katakuri.

Oh my god how tf Luffy recognized Pekoms but not when it was Sogeking LMAO
davidyodo24Mar 9, 3:43 AM
Apr 22, 7:19 PM
Sep 2019
One of the greatest and longest battles in anime history, so good it makes you fall on your back!
May 14, 9:39 AM
Feb 2022
And the battle against Katakuri comes to an end. A respectable opponent.

Spanish translation:
Y la batalla contra Katakuri llega a su fin. Un oponente respetable.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» one of the most boring arcs - egghead

amande07 - 32 minutes ago

2 by Ridzaxster »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1108 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 8

43 by -hzl »»
56 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 545 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WolfWood37 - Apr 29, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 544 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mikey625 - Apr 21, 2012

53 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1085 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Nov 25, 2023

92 by OddlyCasual »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.