Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2018 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
I mean, It's been 12 years since the original fate stay night with the fate route, and although it was not terribly bad (was one of the first anime I watched) it hasnt aged well when compared to these "unlimited budget works" by ufotable.

Or do you think the similarities of remaking what is the same setting for the third time would be really hard to make interesting?

Unlimited blade and these Heaven's Feel movies really make an effort to put emphasis on the divergences from the original fate route series, and that's what help make them shine, cause although they have the "same" setting, ufotable makes you feel it is a story you haven't seen before.

I just don't know. Is it possible to manage it a third time, with the added difficulty of it being a remake of a already existing series?

I can't nail down how i feel about this and would like to hear other opinions.

ps. i know unlimited blade works had a movie on it also in the past, but since i fell compressing a full route into a SINGLE movie format makes it a complete different ball game, i'm excluding it.
Nov 29, 2018 8:24 AM

Sep 2014
Everything with the name FATE sells in Japan, which is why there are so many spinoffs.
Once there’s nothing more to adapt, of course they’ll adapt either Hollow Ataraxia or the Saber route. They, for sure, won’t skip one route of a franchise which sells in Japan so obviously the Saber route makes sense. Also, I think I’ve read somewhere, but I’m not quite sure, that before Unlimited Blade Works anime’s development (by ufotable) started, they were considering adapting the Saber route but in the end they chose to do UBW instead. This might indicate a possibility of a Saber route adaptation.
Nov 29, 2018 12:38 PM

Apr 2017
Well Ataraxia will be the next step, at least I think so (to bring a "new" setting instead of the usual Saber(Pendragon), Rin, Sakura as main characters). Maybe after that they can do the Saber route (and more faithful this time).
F/GO chapters are a possibility too for Ufotable, I mean, the new ones (Cosmos in the Lostbelt).
Nov 29, 2018 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Unnecessary. Just give me an adaptation of Hollow/Ataraxia (Which actually makes the most sense after Heave's feel) or even better, an original Illya route.
I'd also take a remake of Tsukihime by Ufotable.
Dec 3, 2018 1:29 AM

Nov 2016
Doubt they'll make a anime remake of Tsukihime any time in the next few years when they're already "working" on the VN remake of Tsukihime.
Dec 3, 2018 2:08 AM

Nov 2018
Who knows? Ufotable might think of completing everything in Fate Stay Night VN that we'll get our Saber route. They could be known as the legend for all the Fate adaptations if they do. I personally love that route over Rin's by the way.
Dec 8, 2018 1:16 AM

Mar 2016
mahoyo adaptation here we come
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 9, 2018 4:21 PM
Sep 2009
If actual Saber route is the same as in old series, then no thank you. That anime made me despise Saber. Her romance route with Shirou outright ruins her entertaining character from Fate/Zero series.
Dec 10, 2018 10:35 AM

Jan 2018
It's definitely a good idea and Ufotable probably gonna milk the shit out of f/sn til it dries out... and I'm fine with that as long as the quality is still solid.
But tbh, I just want a fate/stay night adaptation that doesn't split the narrative into 3 routes and also good at the same time, making it more coherent and less confusing for newer audiences. 2006 adaptation was on to something but the execution was crap af...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 13, 2018 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
Kinda redundant, is there anything from Fate route that we don't already know?

Dec 16, 2018 1:40 PM

Feb 2017
I would love good adaptation of Fate route with Last Episode and everything. Then after that they can make Hollow Ataraxia.

Having a complete adaptation of Fate/Stay Night done by ufotable would be a dream come true. We would finally have "true" watch order for people who are interested to get into Fate but don't want to read the VN.

But I am not sure if they are gonna do it. Even if they decide to adapt the Fate route I doubt it would be immediately after Haeven's Feel.
Dec 16, 2018 2:13 PM

May 2013
Nasu had mentioned that he needs to rework a good chunk of Saber route/ Fate route to make it feel refreshing or new, since Fate Zero dumps all the expositions and world-building that took place in Saber's route onto the viewer.

And as much as I like Saber's route, Shiro behaves like a prissy old-school cunt around Saber in that route. "Ooh but women need to be protected"... Saber can 'man'-handle your ass even if she is a servant. lol.

So he needs to redo Shiro and Saber's development at the same time as well. It isn't confirmed as to whether he will rewrite the route anytime soon. As much as I want a Saber route badly, it will be a long wait.

Before Saber route, I really want Tsukihime's manga to get adapted into an anime as well. By yours truly, ufotable.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 19, 2018 5:29 AM
Jan 2018
Another Grand Order movie is coming and a grand order TV series . Set on one the arcs in the game
Dec 28, 2018 8:38 AM

Sep 2015
kitten320 said:
If actual Saber route is the same as in old series, then no thank you. That anime made me despise Saber. Her romance route with Shirou outright ruins her entertaining character from Fate/Zero series.

You experienced Fate/Zero first lol? It's true Nasu's Saber is a little softer around the edges in comparison to Urobuchi's interpretation (especially in the middle of all the action), but Urobuchi's interpretation was built off of Nasu's as a compliment to the original (because of the ultimately different environments and atmospheres the two stories take place in), instead of the original itself. It shouldn't set the standard for the original lol, though it's true that the anime didn't make it clear what's compelling about Saber's ark. And the whole idea behind Shirou and Saber's relationship in the Fate was the idea that they have conflicting personalities because they have the same broken ideals. The whole idea behind UBW is that in a mythical bad ending to the Fate route, Shirou literally does the same exact thing that Saber does by following his broken ideals and becoming a counter-guardian like Saber did. Fate/Zero built off these two Stay Night routes by conflicting Saber's ideals with Kiritsugu's and her idea of what it should mean to be a king or knight with the rest of the servants in the Grail War. This is only one of the reasons why recommending Fate/Zero first to someone who's interested in the entire franchise is a bad idea, I really wish people would stop doing that-- which is why I hope that the Fate route is readapted and that we can recommend people to watch all of Stay Night first then Zero, like it was intended.

Dave_Adrian said:
It's definitely a good idea and Ufotable probably gonna milk the shit out of f/sn til it dries out... and I'm fine with that as long as the quality is still solid.
But tbh, I just want a fate/stay night adaptation that doesn't split the narrative into 3 routes and also good at the same time, making it more coherent and less confusing for newer audiences. 2006 adaptation was on to something but the execution was crap af...

But it's just impossible and would rob all three routes of their narratives, that's why the execution will always be shit. And Deen really wasn't onto anything with the mixing of the three routes. Not sure if you read the visual novel and/or any other type moon games, but if you did, you'd know why the things Deen did don't make sense. Also, Fate/stay night is not a long-running shounen for a reason-- with all of it's moving parts, it's only realistic that based on the choices Shirou makes that he would only experience certain things in certain ways before the war comes to its conclusion. It's his story after all and the pieces in the story were set up in a way to better conform to those narratives, imperfect as it is, flawlessly filling each other in as a whole.
Dec 29, 2018 6:21 PM
Sep 2009
Draconix814 said:

You experienced Fate/Zero first lol? It's true Nasu's Saber is a little softer around the edges in comparison to Urobuchi's interpretation (especially in the middle of all the action), but Urobuchi's interpretation was built off of Nasu's as a compliment to the original (because of the ultimately different environments and atmospheres the two stories take place in), instead of the original itself. It shouldn't set the standard for the original lol, though it's true that the anime didn't make it clear what's compelling about Saber's ark. And the whole idea behind Shirou and Saber's relationship in the Fate was the idea that they have conflicting personalities because they have the same broken ideals. The whole idea behind UBW is that in a mythical bad ending to the Fate route, Shirou literally does the same exact thing that Saber does by following his broken ideals and becoming a counter-guardian like Saber did. Fate/Zero built off these two Stay Night routes by conflicting Saber's ideals with Kiritsugu's and her idea of what it should mean to be a king or knight with the rest of the servants in the Grail War. This is only one of the reasons why recommending Fate/Zero first to someone who's interested in the entire franchise is a bad idea, I really wish people would stop doing that-- which is why I hope that the Fate route is readapted and that we can recommend people to watch all of Stay Night first then Zero, like it was intended.

Nope, the original F/SN series is what I watched first and with every episode I hated Saber and Shirou more. Just wanted to push them off a cliff and have someone else win.

For years I wondered why people adored Saber and only when I saw F/Z adaptation did I finally manage to understand major favoritism for her character.

UBW route still makes her likable, a warrior with soft heart that she is meant to be. Not as interesting as F/Z version but then again she is not same person after all the tragedies in F/Z either. So it works.

Saber is not some teenage girl with teenage crush and brain shut down like she was represented in original series. Especially not for a retard like Shirou who caused nothing but trouble.

At least give her a worthy love interest that does not decrease her to housewife level.
Jan 7, 2019 7:11 PM

Mar 2015
kitten320 said:
Draconix814 said:

Nope, the original F/SN series is what I watched first and with every episode I hated Saber and Shirou more. Just wanted to push them off a cliff and have someone else win.

For years I wondered why people adored Saber and only when I saw F/Z adaptation did I finally manage to understand major favoritism for her character.

UBW route still makes her likable, a warrior with soft heart that she is meant to be. Not as interesting as F/Z version but then again she is not same person after all the tragedies in F/Z either. So it works.

Saber is not some teenage girl with teenage crush and brain shut down like she was represented in original series. Especially not for a retard like Shirou who caused nothing but trouble.

So you're saying Saber is not human and can't fall in love with a person who is incredibly similar to her (especially in regards to stupidity, stubborness and naivety)?

And did you really watch the anime? Even if you did not like Shirou there the notion that he "caused nothing but trouble" is simply a lie.

You basically liked caricature F/Z Saber who only exists to break down and suffer (and scream about chivalry) over a king who learns again that she is capable of being human. Low test

At least give her a worthy love interest that does not decrease her to housewife level.

Shirou is the housewife though?
Jan 13, 2019 2:31 PM
Sep 2018
I want UBW remake too,there's not enough Rin ass
Jan 13, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2015
kitten320 said:

Then you despise the F/SN universe because it is true thatt the anime has a lot of flaws, yet it did portray quite well the romance with Shirou (no as perfect as the VN). Fate route didn't ruin Saber, it made her grow. Of course she isn't going to be the same, indifferent warrior as Zero when she has a new master
Jan 16, 2019 3:45 AM

Apr 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if they do something with "Last Episode" at this point.
Jan 16, 2019 10:11 AM
Apr 2018
Jan 20, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
Please let Fate die.

I just want Tsukihime.

Anyway, I doubt it. If they're going to remake Fate, they should have done that in the first place instead of starting UBW since Fate route is the base story.

Jan 20, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2015
Tennouji said:
Please let Fate die.

I just want Tsukihime.

Go tell Nasu to go work on the remake rather than FGO then.

Anyway, I doubt it. If they're going to remake Fate, they should have done that in the first place instead of starting UBW since Fate route is the base story.

Technically it's still possible. They just need to focus less on the introduction aspect of the route. Trim the world building and etc. Adapt parts of GoA as well.
Jan 20, 2019 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
MightyM16 said:

Technically it's still possible. They just need to focus less on the introduction aspect of the route. Trim the world building and etc. Adapt parts of GoA as well.

Whoa. You know, a Fate adaptation, with elements of GoA + possibly Saber's other expanded mythology... Plus Last Episode... would actually be insanely beautiful?!

Whether it's a movie or anime, I really want this to happen now aH

Jan 29, 2019 6:24 PM

May 2014
MightyM16 said:
Tennouji said:
Please let Fate die.

I just want Tsukihime.

Go tell Nasu to go work on the remake rather than FGO then.

Even though it's possible, the production committee knows that the heartwarming story of Saber's route will ruin the dark element of Ufotable's Fate Stay Night that has been built from Fate Zero, and of course Fate popularity will come down although the Fate route remake is requested by (minority) fans. That's why Nasu is still searching and "learning" to make a good story for Fate route after he made a (bad) story of Fate Extra Last Encore. If he can't make it, maybe Fate route will be forgotten like Tsukihime series.
Jan 30, 2019 4:18 AM

Oct 2014
IrohaUtsugi said:
Even though it's possible, the production committee knows that the heartwarming story of Saber's route will ruin the dark element of Ufotable's Fate Stay Night that has been built from Fate Zero

nothing has been built from Fate/Zero. FSN anime aren't any darker than the VN routes originally were, all that was done was adding some awful references and filler to FSN anime(and I mostly mean UBW here)

if there’s anything standing in the way of a Fate route anime, it certainly isn't that it would ruin the dark tone set by FZ
IrohaUtsugi said:
and of course Fate popularity will come down

not any time soon with fate/grand trash around
Feb 7, 2019 7:33 AM

Mar 2016
IrohaUtsugi said:

Even though it's possible, the production committee knows that the heartwarming story of Saber's route will ruin the dark element of Ufotable's Fate Stay Night that has been built from Fate Zero, and of course Fate popularity will come down although the Fate route remake is requested by (minority) fans. That's why Nasu is still searching and "learning" to make a good story for Fate route after he made a (bad) story of Fate Extra Last Encore. If he can't make it, maybe Fate route will be forgotten like Tsukihime series.
you have it backwards, saber's story in fate/zero was written to be the prelude to her happy ending in the fate route
i also seriously doubt that the fate series will shrink in the next decade with fgo making the franchise worth billions
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 2, 2021 2:54 AM
Mar 2019
Delnoch said:
I mean, It's been 12 years since the original fate stay night with the fate route, and although it was not terribly bad (was one of the first anime I watched) it hasnt aged well when compared to these "unlimited budget works" by ufotable

I'm well aware of why you'd think ufotable had had a huge budget for UBW but they were actually working within the limits of a budget, it was only thanks to the skill and ability of the animation team that UBW had the quality of animation that it did
May 28, 2021 3:55 PM

Apr 2020
kitten320 said:
Draconix814 said:

In any romantic relationship, the woman is supposed to be the housewife, not the other way around.
Saber and Shirou's relationship development is pretty realistic if you ask me. Shirou leads, and Saber follows, that's how it's supposed to be.
But I guess you want to see a man being dominated by a woman. However, if you do want to see that then go watch Your Lie in April, where Kaori leads, and Kousei follows
cupcake847May 28, 2021 4:04 PM
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Jun 1, 2021 8:14 AM

Sep 2019
IrohaUtsugi said:
Fate route remake is requested by (minority) fans

"Minority" lmao. Guess you don't frequent Fate related social media nowadays, or at the time you wrote this comment.

That "minority" is at the point where even VAs and other staff are acknowledging them, in some cases even cheering them on (Saber's VA, which is not that surprising).
FantyyyJun 1, 2021 8:19 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - II. Lost Butterfly Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kisaragi - Jan 15, 2019

489 by AleAP123 »»
May 26, 2:29 AM

» Anyone find Sakura Matou annoying or It just me? [Spoilers] ( 1 2 3 4 )

SubaruHoshina - May 21, 2019

188 by Gatalis »»
May 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Why do so less people like Sakura in comparison to Saber and Tohsaka? Which do you like?

Shizokami2 - Apr 8, 2020

49 by _PEAK »»
Mar 15, 3:32 AM

» If I hear "senpai" one more time....

ColCasey - Sep 20, 2023

18 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Sep 23, 2023 6:57 PM

» About this trilogy so far, it's kinda meh to me.

Huyen_Thanh_27 - Jun 27, 2020

18 by dk107_ »»
Sep 7, 2023 11:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.