Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 22, 2018 3:36 PM
Jan 2018
I really want to see Eugeo using that beautiufll Blue Sword. i'm exciting about see he using to defeat Jink
Oct 22, 2018 6:43 PM
Mar 2009
I must say ep 2-3 has been rely good no boring real life shit just nice fantasy and alone Kirito no shitty Asuna or so but I bet it will not last long but I do hope at least half the series will be Kirito and hes adventure in this world or why not the whole anime about him in this world and a 2-4 min here and there with what goes on out in the real would and then last episode could can be it ends and he goes back to that lame as gf of hes. Well a man can dream about Sword art being anime about a dude stuck in a fantasy game.
Oct 22, 2018 6:57 PM

Nov 2008
Pedram said:
Ventus_S said:
Meh, if SAO is not PG6+, then the sister would just get raped by Goblins before being sold.

The author is trying to write a kid friendly show that's suited to watch/ easy to merchandise to millions of people.

uumm ? what's your point ? it's like saying if Mario was not PG6+, then the princess would be raped by Bowser every time ! well sure, but I don't see the argument lol

plus when u selling slaves, u normally can sell it way higher if it's "unused" than if it's a "used" product.
and since the Goblins in SAO are basically human soul just in goblin body, and not a rapist race like GS. they don't care about raping her and more care about their money.

Also... this Arc of SAO... is fucking brutal... even if u can call the old 2 season kid friendly, this one is not.

There is so much blood and gore and so much death of even good and memorable characters so much tragedy and pain... I'm not ashamed to admit, I seriously cried many time while reading the Light Novel !

I really do hope anime can deliver and make the viewers feel and grow attached or care toward the characters of this season and their characters.
Coz explaining characters are normally really hard to adopt well from novel to anime.

Pedram....these words............

EXCITE ME SO MUCH!!! I LOVE WHEN SHIT GETS REAL. I LOVE CRYING. BRING IT. BRING IT ON!!!

Oct 22, 2018 7:57 PM
Oct 2012
Chiibi said:
Pedram said:

uumm ? what's your point ? it's like saying if Mario was not PG6+, then the princess would be raped by Bowser every time ! well sure, but I don't see the argument lol

plus when u selling slaves, u normally can sell it way higher if it's "unused" than if it's a "used" product.
and since the Goblins in SAO are basically human soul just in goblin body, and not a rapist race like GS. they don't care about raping her and more care about their money.

Also... this Arc of SAO... is fucking brutal... even if u can call the old 2 season kid friendly, this one is not.

There is so much blood and gore and so much death of even good and memorable characters so much tragedy and pain... I'm not ashamed to admit, I seriously cried many time while reading the Light Novel !

I really do hope anime can deliver and make the viewers feel and grow attached or care toward the characters of this season and their characters.
Coz explaining characters are normally really hard to adopt well from novel to anime.

Pedram....these words............

EXCITE ME SO MUCH!!! I LOVE WHEN SHIT GETS REAL. I LOVE CRYING. BRING IT. BRING IT ON!!!

not really a spoiler but a bit of it :
Oct 23, 2018 12:28 AM
Oct 2018
First two episode was great and at third episode they dropped pace so much.
Oct 23, 2018 2:46 AM

Sep 2017
I can't emphasize enough how beautiful the quality of the anime is, wow.
Oct 23, 2018 4:29 AM
May 2017
Finally an anime for me!

13,33/10 (the first episode was double, 4*10/3=13,33)
Oct 23, 2018 4:57 AM
Aug 2013
imSOunique said:
Finally an anime for me!

Dude, that's legit, lmao
Oct 23, 2018 6:31 AM

Sep 2009
I don't know if I'm the first to notice but just after the Sword Art Online title comes up they then have the Novel title. Does this mean every name will shown?
Oct 23, 2018 7:45 AM

Aug 2016
I am getting slight vibrant feels of Grimgar from this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2018 2:14 PM

Sep 2018
SoraSenpai said:
Elinchayiel said:

How is that the writers fault? Many people would have done the same thing in that situation. Besides remember these are the same villagers with their taboo index and their callings they keep untill they die.

I beg to differ, you're and outsider (in regards to Kirito) how does he have the right to tell this girl "Hey your sister went to the mountains." What? Im watching this as it happens and I said to myself "okay there's no way he will tell this girl what happened to her sister" Mind you right after she said Yeah no one told me. And I went "Kirito...are you stupid?" I don't understand it.

''Rights'' are only something that exist within a society. Naturally none of that applies to Kirito in that situation since he is not a part of their society.

She asked something, and he told her what he knew. Besides if you remember from the first episode these are the same villagers that also didnt leift a finger as Alice got taken away for something ridiculous. So if they chose not to tell someone something that does not mean much.

Especially when you consider that people can't just break something that is in the taboo index...it makes even less sense they didnt just tell her.

On top of that, if you were to make a comparison to real life situations:
most of the time more issues come up as a result of hiding something like that, then are prevented by by not telling. Still many people think its a good idea to hide, and thats something I dont understand.

“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 23, 2018 2:15 PM

Sep 2018
Kilnerbanker said:
I know it's probably been said 10,000 times already but what is it with shithousing goblins this season?

Just a coincidence. Goblins barely have a role in this entire arc. Just because theres some goblins doesnt mean this show has a goblin theme unlike the other shows.
“Ha ha, the synergy between my left and right hand made them feel scared.” Ye Xiu said.
Oct 23, 2018 3:13 PM

May 2015
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
theres alotta...

goblins...

this fall 2018

I felt the same! and got a bad feeling when I saw this.

[アウサマ95]
Oct 23, 2018 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
Bwahahahaha!
Goblins are everywhere! Damn!
3/5.

Oct 24, 2018 8:18 AM
Oct 24, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2015

Ah okay. That makes sense then.
Oct 25, 2018 9:24 AM

Feb 2017
c'mon man manning up! don't be a pussi eugeo

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Oct 25, 2018 1:49 PM

Feb 2017
the pacing feels excellent and i'm loving the art and animation feels really clean. I haven't read past LN 8 so i don't know what will happen but i do know that alicization is the best part of SAO story's so i hope that they give it justice and adapt it well :)
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Oct 27, 2018 6:31 AM
Feb 2013
The pacing is making me so happy, I loved this arc in the series it's on par with GGO to me... ok so pretty much arcs where Kirito is just adventuring on his own without the dmned harem is more enjoyable. Also, best boy, Eugeo is here- I like his interactions more with Kirito than with Klein; there's more of it too.

I wanna read the LN again can anyone remind me which Volume this arc is?
Oct 27, 2018 7:28 AM
Aug 2013
pop_rocks_kiss said:
The pacing is making me so happy, I loved this arc in the series it's on par with GGO to me... ok so pretty much arcs where Kirito is just adventuring on his own without the dmned harem is more enjoyable. Also, best boy, Eugeo is here- I like his interactions more with Kirito than with Klein; there's more of it too.

I wanna read the LN again can anyone remind me which Volume this arc is?

Still in Volume nine
Oct 27, 2018 1:00 PM
Nov 2015
This episode I actually liked. It was good to see Kirito back at it with a sword...and it's funny that there are goblins in this episode, haha! I'm currently watching Goblin Slayer, so goblins are definitely a hot topic.
Oct 29, 2018 6:22 AM

May 2010
Selka with her hair down looks more like Asuna's imouto, rather than Alice's. They are so similar!
Nov 1, 2018 1:18 PM

Dec 2017
"LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOY! JENKINS"
-Eugeo
I'm NSFL.

Resident degenerate, avid anime hater and self-proclaimed masochist.
Nov 2, 2018 3:47 AM

Mar 2009
imSOunique said:
Finally an anime for me!

Couldn't help but laugh at this.
Dec 5, 2018 11:51 PM

Jul 2012
That sword swinging animation was nice.

I thought there was some glitch in the system for a second and mistook Selka in the cart for Alice 😅

Hmm, how are they gonna get out of this one? That'd be quite something if Alice shows up and that's what convinces them to leave and go after her asap. But then there's that tree still lol. Idk, on to the next episode! Haha.
Jan 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Jan 2015
Just finished Goblin Slayer and again... Goblins. xD
Jan 26, 2019 2:53 AM

Jul 2009
I am so addicted to the OP, so long since I have enjoyed a OP like this one.

Seeing globins makes me remeber of Goblin Slayer! haha
Jan 30, 2019 10:46 PM

May 2015
Eugeo.exe stopped responding...
May 4, 2019 9:26 AM

Jan 2013
Goblins, I've heard frightening stories ಠ_ಠ
Jun 20, 2019 8:52 PM

Apr 2014
-Starting to love the OP and ED.

-Goblins, and naturally Goblin Slayer comes to mind.

-System Call and Kirito's reaction to it.

-Are we going to see Eugeo unlock some hidden ability from his ass? Or maybe Kirito again.
Aug 18, 2019 12:06 PM
Apr 2016
Kirito & Eugeo did good cutting the tree, even though it's going to take a "while" longer. Ah, Eugeo is such a pussy, they're just some human-devouring-goblins, why'd you fear them?
Sep 19, 2019 1:56 PM

Aug 2017
I'm really liking this seasons so far. New characters + new setting.

wtf goblins?! Oh shit, I remember that this season was aired along with goblin slayer at the same time lol.

That cliffhanger lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 2, 2020 10:39 PM

Jul 2015
Bruh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of a potential Goblin Slayer scene..... LOL

caught in the wonder
May 28, 2020 4:12 PM

Mar 2019
Eugeo is stupid, why would he scream at this very moment
Jun 29, 2020 5:21 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh no, nit goblins, goblins, and Anime never play well.
Sep 27, 2020 8:18 PM

Apr 2008
The pacing is already naturally slow because Eugeos calling is to hit the giant tree 1k times a day. Hopefully we can get to the part where we find out how Kirito is related to this world soon
Nov 4, 2020 12:04 PM
Sep 2020
The pacing is really nice! Selka is kinda cute ❤(ӦvӦ。)
Nov 22, 2020 12:22 AM

Aug 2019
Eugeo and Kirito try to use the sword to chop down the tree. It fails epicly lol. Kirito tells Selka about Alice and Selka goes to the cave for some unknown reason. Now Kirito and Eugeo need to go save her since she has been captured by goblins. Eugeo looks scared shitless lol
Dec 6, 2020 8:27 AM

Apr 2013
Kirito could probably defeat those goblins easily with a rusty sword, but he doesn't even have that. Wonder how they will escape this situation.
Nov 6, 2022 1:31 PM

Mar 2019
Of course she had to go and cause problems.

I like that things are not rushed, building up is a good thing.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 13, 2023 5:39 PM

Nov 2010
The more I look at Selka, the more I find her cute.
Damn, how heavy is that sword? If it's 5kg, I'm sure even I can wield it. I wish I could do a sword workout right now.
It would be cool if Goblin Slayer suddenly got isekaied there to the rescue.
Aug 23, 2023 8:15 AM
Dec 2022
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
🗿
Nov 4, 2023 11:37 AM
Jun 2016
omg why always has to be a dumbass character as eugeo, men, how stpid he is
Dec 16, 2023 8:31 AM
Nov 2023
Kirito and Eugeuo seems to be really good childhood frinds
Jan 2, 2:56 AM

Jul 2012
In the past, cutting off an ancient tree is a bad thing to do..
Especially this one looks like "tree of life"..

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

189 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.