Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
May 9, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
The whole dream/time concept is pretty cool.
May 20, 2019 10:43 AM

Sep 2012
anikevin said:
Holy crap, that was great. I had no idea what I was watching at the beginning. So it's gonna be a whole new story for Kirito. We'll see him grow from the start again and now in shota form.
Also impeccable animation as expected from SAO franchise.

same here, first half made me think this is alt ver where game is real life like log horizon for example, got trolled hstd by first half 😂
Jun 19, 2019 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
First 15 mins: I have no idea what I'm watching. It feels like real life but clearly a game. Why are they children?

Middle: Stuff, but oh but look how grown up they look.

Near the end: Insert "We're Coming to America by Neil Diamond", and aww how sweet. They're getting serious :3

End: Wtf Laughing Coffin. Noooooo he got injected with bad stuff!
Aug 13, 2019 4:37 PM

Oct 2012
Good first episode, and double-sized at that, didn't expected that. So they finally got Matsuoka and Kayanon ship together again, even for SAO, hehe. The fantasy part seemed really interesting and if anything I kinda wonder what happened to Alice right now.

The second part was intense too with Death Gun syringe stabbing Kirito in the end, I bet he goes to coma after that his only chance would be to connect him to STL to heal. Pretty convenient but nothing too bad.

To me, Kirito felt already like addicted when he was talking about the system, unconsciously craving for more. The scientific explanation of soul and machine's connection to it felt like a stretch but on the other hand it was something very possible, in-universe-wise.

But man, is it something really dangerous, right? The machine with the ability to change your very soul, and possibly even personality, that's not really something you would want to deal with. How do you know you even know you are you after you full-dive in that if you can't find any distinction from the reality? And how they would even expect people to pay for something they really don't remember? It really seems the same as creating new drug addicts. As always, Kirito is pretty much suicidal in those cases but at least he planned to leave that program when he realized the dangers in his talk with Asuna towards the end.

Anyway, an interesting idea there. Long ago I've read the little bit known book This is Reality from swedish author Bertil Mårtensson where blooming fantasy world blened with real world of sterile hospital room - now which was more real the fantasy one or the unfriendly hospital one? The book tries to answer that question and I really recommend reading it as you'll find many parallels with this arc.
Aug 18, 2019 11:14 AM
Apr 2016
A 46 minute first episode, yuck. Interesting stuff going on, I guess, a new type of "game," losing memories right after sounds rather inconvenient though.

Kirito got in quite some trouble at the end, but pretty sure he's all okay and everything will be happy and flowers.
Sep 17, 2019 8:01 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, that was great.

It was nice to GGO again.

It seems that in this season, SAO will be an official isekai. Finally, Eugeo is a potential husbando material.
NurguburuSep 17, 2019 8:12 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 17, 2019 1:33 AM

Sep 2014
Man those were some serious yaoi vibes in the beginning lol.
Jan 11, 2020 6:07 PM
Nov 2019
Very different from any season of the franchise "SAO". It promises a lot when you watch this 47 minute episode. It's good to have this episode time to present and explain what the story is about.
Feb 18, 2020 2:28 AM

Feb 2019
that gun fight was cool

Kiri-fucking-to once again gets his hands on another game
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 20, 2020 1:06 PM

Sep 2014
I completely forgot how great Asunas GGO design looks. Seeing both her and Kirito using lightsabers was nice. She is a master swordswoman after all.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 28, 2020 3:01 PM

Mar 2019
47 min episode, it was great. This new world looks fantastic, poor Alice she was cute
This world erases memories, its really like another life
Jun 29, 2020 4:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Wow SAO, is that really you? I wasn't this invested every since the first season. I guess this is more of redemption to the series than anything, or at least, it's what I took from the first episode.
Jul 16, 2020 4:50 AM

Jun 2019
I always put off SAO for so long and heard great thing about this season and going into the Underworld season as well. Gave it a shot and was surprised how much i liked Alice and Eugeo!

I know SAO gets a lot of hate, and I won't lie, it is not my favorite by any means, but this is definitely gonna be a season I focus on in my off time, which is a lot (Thanks COVID!)
Sep 6, 2020 1:27 PM

Oct 2010
interesting explanation for the weird world kirito was in, totally bought me in, then the final scene happened and I had ggo flashbacks all over again. Considering that this arc is damn long it should provide something.
One other thing that kinda bothers me is the time wasted in the isekai world, so they tell us time there flows different than in real life, so a few minutes may seem like months in there, I got it. But I feel that next time kirito will go in there the characters will be already old (kinda his age) but then, it won't matter how much time kirito will spend outside, the characters there will remain kirito's age, well it's just a thought.
for this episode 3/5
Oct 5, 2020 9:14 PM

Oct 2019
It was a good start, I liked the interactions between everyone. I didn't realize that the episode was 40+ min until I read the replies :0 I'm excited to see what's next.
Nov 21, 2020 2:08 AM

Aug 2019
Double episode to start the new season! Seems like the first half all took place in a game of some sort that Kirito was diving in. He can't remember anything that happens when he wakes up in the real world. What does that internal affairs guy have Kirito doing now? Alice broke some type of rule and got taken away by that knight to get executed. Wonder what will happen next with that. Lots of information shared at the bar and most of it is still pretty confusing to me... especially the part about fluctlights and the soul translator or whatever. The third Death Gun (Johnny Black) makes an apperence at the end and injects Kirito with a syringe. Looks like he actually got hit by it this time so I wonder how he will get out of this situation. Lots to keep track of, but I thought it was an interesting first episode.
Dec 3, 2020 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
I was completely lost in the beginning, until I saw them in GGO. So that first world is the one everything will be about I guess. And seems like the reason why he'll have to spend time there will be him getting poisoned I assume. Interesting setting so far.
Dec 19, 2020 5:49 AM
Dec 2020
I so verry respect about this
Feb 12, 2021 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
From the very get go, I was so confused on why Kirito became a kid and trying figure out the other 2 characters. Boring and confusing but I'll see after a few episodes more. Ending caught my interest.
Jul 15, 2021 4:53 PM

Jul 2020
After the first 2 "atrocious" seasons here I am in the alicization with the first ep.Back with even more gorgeous animation and a pretty interesting premise,Hopefully they don't ruin it yet again with BS writting🤞🤞🤞.
Waiting for the stone ocean 3 anime
Apr 24, 2022 7:30 AM
Apr 2022
Finally some good animation hate the fact that kirito is going to grow up in a game world tho and it's just a typical isekai but with better quality art story and animations

9.2/10
Nov 6, 2022 11:43 AM

Mar 2019
Yes!! Finally GGO and that version of Sinon is back! No more annoying elfs in ALO. I have to say, Klein feels more like a GGO guy than an ALO one.

As to the episode itself, the VR of the season looks complicated. And oh no, that ending. Of course the criminals wasn't caught, as it always happens. Does this mean Kirito is dead?
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 12, 2023 9:14 PM

Nov 2010
26:22 Nice, Asuna joined GGO. I like her outfit, she's showing off her sexy armpits as usual! I like her hairstyle too.
Asuna is such a waifu tier the way she's looking out for Kirito via the health app. I need a girl like her in real life!
That stuff about dreams is very interesting. I always thought dreams lasted for hours. I never knew about that. Man, that kind of tech is so much cooler than VR.
Aww, that scene with Asuna and Kirito was so sweet. Take her with you everywhere, don't ever leave her behind!
If only Kirito dedicated at least 1-2 hrs of his time to kendo training he could've defended himself well.
Apr 21, 2023 1:39 PM
Apr 2023
The greatest episode.
May 22, 2023 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
Sheesh, I can tell I've been playing too much Fatal Bullet when I see the GGO rankings and immediately go "Where is my character's name???" Even more surprising was seeing Subtilizer's name throughout the game and completely forgetting who he was in the anime.
Dec 12, 2023 8:45 PM

Dec 2019
That was a long episode. First half was painfully boring, second half got slightly better, specially towards the end, but it's just funny how it's just the first fucking episode and the anime already had to include someone wanting to murder someone else.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Dec 16, 2023 8:30 AM

Nov 2023
Well gahhdamn this seems to be a real fun anime series new arc new content LEZZGO so many interesting concepts. As expected of the author of SAO series
Jan 2, 2:51 AM

Jul 2012
WTF we got 2 shota at the beginning 😑 like they r doin something dirty, N also that angle 😑 Am I watching too much dirty stuff? Or it must be indirect messege..

These restriction is probably copying / based on "Antartic Treaty" 😯😱🧐 they always put some truth in plain sight..

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.