Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 21, 2018 7:38 AM

May 2016
Whenever someone talks about (or rather bashes) anything related to Last Encore or Extra in general one of their main arguments is Saber being a "rip-off" of Arthuria despite the only thing they share are facial features and hairstyle. I find it kinda hypocritical considering so many people like characters exclusively because of their similarity to other beloved chars. So I've been wondering how you guys feel about her being a saberface.
Feb 21, 2018 7:40 AM
Jul 2018
saber is a rip off of Darkness from Konosuba.
Feb 21, 2018 8:26 AM

Jun 2011
Maelstrom said:
saber is a rip off of Darkness from Konosuba.

That's impossible because Extra was released 2010. Konosuba light novel was out in 2013.
Feb 21, 2018 8:34 AM

May 2016
Theorder14 said:

That's impossible because Extra was released 2010. Konosuba light novel was out in 2013.

I think that was a joke. At least hope so.
Feb 21, 2018 8:36 AM

Sep 2016
is that foxboobs tamamo even in this anime?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 21, 2018 1:01 PM
Nov 2017
I just don't like Nero because she is Nero
Feb 21, 2018 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
According to TM Wiki: 'She was made to look like Saber because they wanted to trick people into thinking they were the same character and surprise them upon actually playing the game.' So, the people who are complaining about these Sabers' similar designs are just the super retards.
Feb 21, 2018 1:14 PM

May 2016
-daze- said:
According to TM Wiki: 'She was made to look like Saber because they wanted to trick people into thinking they were the same character and surprise them upon actually playing the game.' So, the people who are complaining about these Sabers' similar designs are just the super retards.

That and Takeuchi's (original illustrator for most nasuverse related stuff) blonde girl fetish. Also that sounds like the worst marketing trick possible. Great way to lose fans.
CavusRexFeb 21, 2018 1:22 PM
Feb 25, 2018 6:13 PM

Apr 2014
-daze- said:

With a reason like that, it sounds to me like anyone that would complain is perfectly justified to do so...

And ofc most of Nero's popularity is because of her very famous face. Without that, most people probably wouldn't have even tried the game out...
Feb 26, 2018 3:53 AM

Feb 2018
If her design was a perfect of copy of Saber, I probably wouldn't even hate it as much. I think it is a downgrade from Saber's design. A worse version, that takes away the pleasing color scheme, the somewhat nice looking armor, and replaces it with downright retarded fanservice. I hate it not because it is similar to Saber's. I hate it because it is a lesser version of Saber's design.

As such, "I hate her design because of that" is not enough. That implies I only hate it for being a copy of Saber's design. I hate it because it's a lesser version of that, because it isn't good enough to be a copy of that.
Feb 26, 2018 4:13 AM

May 2016
Hate_and_Rage said:
If her design was a perfect of copy of Saber, I probably wouldn't even hate it as much. I think it is a downgrade from Saber's design. A worse version, that takes away the pleasing color scheme, the somewhat nice looking armor, and replaces it with downright retarded fanservice. I hate it not because it is similar to Saber's. I hate it because it is a lesser version of Saber's design.

As such, "I hate her design because of that" is not enough. That implies I only hate it for being a copy of Saber's design. I hate it because it's a lesser version of that, because it isn't good enough to be a copy of that.

I see your point. Shame I can't edit (or maybe I'm just blind) the poll to add another answer.
Feb 26, 2018 4:13 AM

Oct 2015
Wasn't Nero loved in the fandom alongside Tamomo? Must be normies

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Feb 26, 2018 4:18 AM

May 2016
-Lofn- said:
Must be normies

Umu, it's all because of the normies.
Feb 26, 2018 7:05 AM

Mar 2010
To a degree it bothers me but I love Nero even tho I dislike Arturia. Tamamo is still best waifu tho!
Feb 26, 2018 7:06 AM

Aug 2014
its okay cause nero is better anyway
Apr 23, 2018 3:57 PM

Aug 2009
I find Nero's personality interesting enough on her own. She didn't need to be modeled after Saber to appeal to people :/
Apr 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
And yet I never hear this applied to Mordred (Saber design but spiky and with different armor), who is a worse character in general
Apr 24, 2018 6:54 PM

Jun 2015
CodeBlazeFate said:
And yet I never hear this applied to Mordred (Saber design but spiky and with different armor), who is a worse character in general

No one complains about it because she's literally Saber's clone daughter. If there's any Saberface that should be a Saberface, it's Mordred. Nero, on the other hand, is a Saberface for shits and giggles.

Apr 24, 2018 7:12 PM

Apr 2016
SherouCreationEX said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

No one complains about it because she's literally Saber's clone daughter. If there's any Saberface that should be a Saberface, it's Mordred. Nero, on the other hand, is a Saberface for shits and giggles.
That doesn't excuse it too much. It is literally just a spiky saber. I get same face and potentially similar body type, but similar hairstyle too? And besides, the narrative justification may be that but it's obvious what they were going for here. Not to excuse Nero's design at all, as SaberFace is just an ehh concept that basically goes "how can we make a new character by experimenting with an iconic design", much like Mordred.
May 6, 2018 11:18 AM

Mar 2010
CodeBlazeFate said:
That doesn't excuse it too much.

It actually does in anime and manga. Look at Boruto. He's literally the copy of his father with wavy hair. This is actually very common in japanese media.

CodeBlazeFate said:
Not to excuse Nero's design at all, as SaberFace is just an ehh concept that basically goes "how can we make a new character by experimenting with an iconic design", much like Mordred.

I would say it's more like "How can we make a new character while drawing in people who like the old character". A lot of people will tell you that Fate is practically Saber. Just look at the infamous Waifu Wars, most people are team Saber or team Rin (and this is why Saber and Rin are copied almost pixel by pixel). Rehashing the same design over and over is the simplest and most primitive way to drag in long time fans.

I also bought the game thinking old Rin will be in it and while I like the new Rin the same, it's obvious why they copied her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.