Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Feb 5, 2018 8:57 PM

Dec 2014
JudoJD said:
This is the perfect example of why the level of attention this episode required was set a tad too high
(first of all...in episode 1...did you ask yourself why after not getting disintegrated and falling all the way down...black electricity surrounds his body then he revives and stands up?)

but gladly if you think it was an oversight...

Question #1:
Watch episode 2

Question #2:
Watch episode 2

Question #3:
Watch episode 3

Question #4:
Have you watched episode 2 yet?

Question #5:
It's not like episode 2 exists or anything XD

(but to be fair I had the same issue but after paying more attention to episode 1 you start seeing things a casual viewer would overlook and not realize are intentionally placed...simple things like Hakuno knowing there was an infirmary and Rin not, the blood filled classroom at the start to show it was business as usual, Shinji's name getting highlighted after killing hakuno, Hakuno not getting disintegrated after showing clearly what happens when someone gets in contact with that black area, Archer smiling after getting wrecked by Nero...)

OK if you need answers on whether him surviving was supposed to make you ask "how" with how much focus there was on him being stabbed and stuff that bad...just skip to the ending scene of ep 2

Episode 2 did not change a single thing about the point I was making.
So his incredible ability to survive what should kill any normal person is..... a deus ex machina. Congratulations, you have proven that the reason he is hacks is because of hacks. You have demonstrated that you know nothing. Would you like a reward?

Once again we see another show where the main character won't win because he deserves to, but because the show will not allow him to lose.
Remember when a protagonist would actually need to use skill to maneuver to win the Holy Grail? This is why Fate/Zero will always be more satisfying than this show: Even that fool Kiritsugu used his intelligence and skill. And did he win? No. He lost. To me. Best show ever.
JudoJD said:

(I'm just going to ignore some dumb comments I've ssen you make on stuff like UBW cause you're clearly using your ignorance to troll there and it shows lol)

I couldn't keep my sides from splitting when I read this.
"I won't address what you said.... by addressing what you said and backing it up with nothing."
Boy, you clearly need to learn when to speak and when remain silent.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Feb 6, 2018 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
Wow a series where no matter what ANYONE does they cant win. The edge is real.
Feb 6, 2018 10:28 PM
May 2017
TrueKireiPriest said:
JudoJD said:
This is the perfect example of why the level of attention this episode required was set a tad too high
(first of all...in episode 1...did you ask yourself why after not getting disintegrated and falling all the way down...black electricity surrounds his body then he revives and stands up?)

but gladly if you think it was an oversight...

Question #1:
Watch episode 2

Question #2:
Watch episode 2

Question #3:
Watch episode 3

Question #4:
Have you watched episode 2 yet?

Question #5:
It's not like episode 2 exists or anything XD

(but to be fair I had the same issue but after paying more attention to episode 1 you start seeing things a casual viewer would overlook and not realize are intentionally placed...simple things like Hakuno knowing there was an infirmary and Rin not, the blood filled classroom at the start to show it was business as usual, Shinji's name getting highlighted after killing hakuno, Hakuno not getting disintegrated after showing clearly what happens when someone gets in contact with that black area, Archer smiling after getting wrecked by Nero...)

OK if you need answers on whether him surviving was supposed to make you ask "how" with how much focus there was on him being stabbed and stuff that bad...just skip to the ending scene of ep 2

Episode 2 did not change a single thing about the point I was making.
So his incredible ability to survive what should kill any normal person is..... a deus ex machina. Congratulations, you have proven that the reason he is hacks is because of hacks. You have demonstrated that you know nothing. Would you like a reward?

Once again we see another show where the main character won't win because he deserves to, but because the show will not allow him to lose.
Remember when a protagonist would actually need to use skill to maneuver to win the Holy Grail? This is why Fate/Zero will always be more satisfying than this show: Even that fool Kiritsugu used his intelligence and skill. And did he win? No. He lost. To me. Best show ever.
JudoJD said:

(I'm just going to ignore some dumb comments I've ssen you make on stuff like UBW cause you're clearly using your ignorance to troll there and it shows lol)

I couldn't keep my sides from splitting when I read this.
"I won't address what you said.... by addressing what you said and backing it up with nothing."
Boy, you clearly need to learn when to speak and when remain silent.

I'm just sitting here laughing at that post. Bruh.The way I see it. The point you made was it's very hard for you to understand obvious stuff and this whole post is you announcing to the world something anyone with half a brain and some experience in anime would get but you haven't. Don't know how many people have called you out on your BS.
You don't have to blame the show for your inability to comprehend simple story setups like the MC's ability to revive what other people watching already know is a plot point with how in your face the skull/skeleton and black lightning effects are shown.

Here's some advice, this anime and its directing style are clearly to hard for you to handle so drop this and go watch something simpler. That or you're just obviously trolling cause I doubt someone is really that obtuse. You can never know though

Being so mad and triggered isn't good for your health fam XD
Please don't try cutting me with your edge as well.

Feb 8, 2018 1:32 AM

May 2013
So much complaints about the graphics when it was really good. Shaft and Fate Extra are all about subtlety so if you can't seem to grasp even a little of it then this is not for you. Fate was never meant to be a simple story.

lmao did Shinji commit a HOMIECIDE.
Feb 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Dec 2014
AnnaHomura said:

I'm just sitting here laughing at that post. Bruh.The way I see it. The point you made was it's very hard for you to understand obvious stuff and this whole post is you announcing to the world something anyone with half a brain and some experience in anime would get but you haven't. Don't know how many people have called you out on your BS.
You don't have to blame the show for your inability to comprehend simple story setups like the MC's ability to revive what other people watching already know is a plot point with how in your face the skull/skeleton and black lightning effects are shown.

Here's some advice, this anime and its directing style are clearly to hard for you to handle so drop this and go watch something simpler. That or you're just obviously trolling cause I doubt someone is really that obtuse. You can never know though

Being so mad and triggered isn't good for your health fam XD
Please don't try cutting me with your edge as well.

It seems this show attracts an endless number naive fanboys who mindlessly swallow whatever BS this series gives you.
Not only do I understand all the "lightning effects", "skull/skeleton", and any other pretty colors that are flashed onscreen, but I also understand the actual backstory of the character Hakuno (or, at least, what should be his backstory). I am well aware of his past from the original game Fate/Extra, so let me tell you with certainty that there is nothing about him as an established character to justify why he can come back from the edge of death. There is nothing special about him "in-game" apart from being the main character.

He does not even seem to care about anything in this series. The original game explored what his purpose for fighting was throughout the story; it was essentially his character arc. Thus far, this series has yet to give us a single reason why he does not simply sit on his ass and waste away the rest of his life. The only definable trait is his "hatred for everything" that seems to have come out of nowhere. All he seems to think about is how much he despises everything over and over in psuedo-poetic terms to try and make his motives seem deeper than they are. Hakuno is possibly the most angsty character I have ever seen in Type Moon - and that is saying something.

But everyone here just goes along with the nonsense this series gives and never gives anything a second thought. They put out shit for audiences to devour, and instead of receiving backlash, the fanboys embrace it and even defend it against people who don't conform to the hive mind of vacuous adoration.
And let's not pretend that we don't understand why this is happening. The only reason this show is permitted such sloppy writing is because the animators drew a lesbian Saber who pushes her big tits in front of the camera at every irrelevant opportunity. So long as she is nude while expositing about how this show makes no sense, people will lap it up because all they wish to see is fanservice.

At the very least, the creators understood the audience they were targeting: horny perverts
Feb 8, 2018 6:05 PM

Dec 2014
ssjokg said:
Wow a series where no matter what ANYONE does they cant win. The edge is real.

What do you mean? I am not asking for a show where the main character can never win.
I wish to see one where Hakuno should win. The plot saying he should win does not mean he deserves it.

It is survival of the fittest. The toughest and smartest are the ones to survive. Hakuno does not have anything, and has nothing to survive for. His thoughts are empty, and his existence is meaningless.

If you replaced Hakuno with a rock, the will to be victorious would remain largely unchanged.
Feb 12, 2018 1:03 PM

Aug 2017
This first episode was much better than Apocrypha. The animation is a bit weird lol. It just the first episode, so I don't be so hard. The premise sounds cool but the MC is not of my taste. Please, don't be another Sieg. 3/5
NurguburuOct 15, 2018 2:01 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
This seems...interesting. I wasn't really sure what exactly was going on but I like the visuals and it seems like it has potential.
Mar 10, 2018 7:55 PM

Mar 2009
Well, deserves props for being a different kind of Fate, with a different kind of setting.
Apr 6, 2018 2:13 PM

Nov 2017
Vey interesting, different from what we’ve gotten from the fate series so far. The artwork and visuals are very good, kinda late on watching it but lets see where this goes
Apr 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Feb 2014
veiii entendi nada desse episódio 01... ><
Apr 11, 2018 11:20 AM

Dec 2017
After watching this episode, I am really Looking foward to the rest of the series. Tbh this is what I expect from a battle royal to the death anime like fate. This first episode really left me wanting more and I don’t expect anything less from a studio like SHAFT with a title like this.
Apr 18, 2018 7:13 PM

Jan 2014
I honestly have no idea what is going on. Shaft's style should definitely be a -gatary-only thing. It has no place near Fate.
May 11, 2018 8:56 AM
Feb 2009
What did they do to my Rin??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!!?!
May 27, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 2018
Since it's not related to the game, does Hakunon have something related with Hakuno or not?
Nov 20, 2018 4:12 PM
Nov 2018
This was an ok episode, i actually didn't liked it too much but i loved to see nero and the first and last scenes were pretty great, looking forward to next episode.
Jan 10, 2019 3:04 AM
Jan 2017
the animation make me sick.. whyit not produced by ufotable or a1-pictures ?
this just like watching monogatari series.. how confusing only watch this episode
Jun 20, 2019 2:27 AM

Dec 2018
Must be fate for the MC and red Saber to meet like this, just like FSN, same old, same old.

Red Saber is like a childish version of Saber.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 24, 2019 2:04 PM

Mar 2014
This was confusing but I'm interested to see more after reading that Nasu crafted the script specifically for this anime.
Jan 27, 2020 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was certainly very much Shaft, easily recognizable by visuals and music. Did not make the whole thing less confusing though, at least Shinji is just an ass again as usual. Bet he killed his girlfriend as well.
Mar 27, 2020 8:48 AM

May 2013
Shinji being Shinji as always

May 8, 2020 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
Why do I feel like they're not in a virtual reality OwO
Jun 21, 2020 1:47 PM
Jan 2018
não entendi vou me matar

nota: 10/10
Nov 13, 2020 7:49 AM

Dec 2015
UmU queen is here.
May 23, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
Shinji is still an evil character even in an alternate universe this time a Cyber World

damn the final boss is Buddha eh
Jan 25, 2022 2:56 AM

Aug 2020
Very beautiful start. The animation and art style always match. I only see this adaption as a treat for us Fate fans. Just enjoy the show guys. As expected of Shaft, the details, art, and animation is always magnificent.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
May 9, 2022 6:43 AM
May 2021
I am kinda confused as what's happening. But visuals are awesome 🔥🔥
May 27, 2022 3:02 AM

Nov 2018
Wtf is this?Even animation is ugly and characters are literally the same, but this time they are truly ugly drawn and have even less personality than before.
I hate everyone equally
Nov 29, 2023 6:48 PM
Jul 2023
This fate looks….. interesting.
- Shaft put their iconic art into this and I love it. I hope it stays this good
- Shaft-looking violence too, That stabbing scene felt awful
- So basically a bunch of people are in a simulation and are being picked out for the holy grail war?
- That Saber looks adorable, however like what? He fell down a hole and picked up a sword so Is now qualified for the war? That makes no sense.
- Something else. You have to kill someone to qualify, and Shinji qualified, even though the main character survived? What? It shouldn’t count as a kill if he didn’t kill.
Dec 1, 2023 7:05 PM

Nov 2023
This art style is honestly very different from the fate ones
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2018

119 by bl3nk_anime »»
Apr 23, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

210 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

221 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 14, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra: Last Encore Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

63 by SomeDudeOverHere »»
Apr 12, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Fate/Extra Last Encore Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

72 by Selleri_UmU »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.