Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 30, 2017 6:24 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
OK, what's going on. As much as I feel it deserves it, how did Youjo Senki jump 17 points in 2 days? Kobayashi also had a jump, but it was much less.
Mar 30, 2017 7:03 PM

Apr 2016
This is happening a lot with this season, but usually it's due to the fact that plenty of viewers only cast in their score when the show ends. With this season, people are doing it before the show ends and that is MAL's caught for listing it as Finished Airing either hours or even a day before the show actually ends.

Unfortunately, this blithering and idiotic show aka Youjo Senki doesn't deserve it. It's at least better than Hand Shakers jumping over .60 in a day when it ended.
CodeBlazeFateApr 3, 2017 7:04 AM
Mar 30, 2017 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
It usually happens with every anime approx a day before the finale. iirc the reason is that users with less than a certain number of episodes are not calculated so usually it is more likely to have a higher score
Mar 30, 2017 7:16 PM
Oct 2012
elkensteyin said:
OK, what's going on. As much as I feel it deserves it, how did Youjo Senki jump 17 points in 2 days? Kobayashi also had a jump, but it was much less.

Because it universally deserved to? :-)

Actually the score is far lower than it deserves to be. Too many idiots hated it even before it began, and the second group of idiots hated the loli imagery without bothering to learn why it was a loli, and then there are the idiots who thought Tanya was glorifying Nazis. Actually, it's a testament to how good the story actually is that it managed to stay in the 8's.
Mar 30, 2017 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
First of all, it deserves it! and yeah it should grow more and more.. yes, to the 8.80 mark! wished they could somehow made up in 2007 and we could see it in that rating mark.But lately, war anime haters are increasing.

OK let me answer for real, acctually 1/5 mal power booster activated this early! (I wish this was 1/3 booster, since it actually gets to the mood by episode number 4, so its unfair :\ )
Mar 30, 2017 7:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Because it ''finished airing'' so every bad score that people gave when they dropped episode 3 or 4 doesnt count anymore.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 30, 2017 9:27 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
peacefulkorean said:
It usually happens with every anime approx a day before the finale. iirc the reason is that users with less than a certain number of episodes are not calculated so usually it is more likely to have a higher score

ah, didn't know that

SkyDrop said:
First of all, it deserves it! and yeah it should grow more and more.. yes, to the 8.80 mark! wished they could somehow made up in 2007 and we could see it in that rating mark.But lately, war anime haters are increasing.

OK let me answer for real, acctually 1/5 mal power booster activated this early! (I wish this was 1/3 booster, since it actually gets to the mood by episode number 4, so its unfair :\ )

I think another reason is a lot of people got turned off by the 1st episode. I think that if they had switched episodes 1 & 2, it may have been a lot higher @Takuan_Soho

As for me, haven't seen the final episode yet, but if the ending of the 1st season is good (assuming the rumor of 26 episodes is true), then this will only be the third completed anime TV series I give a 10 rating to (excluding OVAs & movies).
elkensteyinMar 30, 2017 9:30 PM
Mar 30, 2017 9:48 PM
Oct 2012
elkensteyin said:
(assuming the rumor of 26 episodes is true), then this will only be the third completed anime TV series I give a 10 rating to (excluding OVAs & movies).

I hope so, its one of the few things that keeps me alive!

And Haganai and NGNL, I can get down with those.
Mar 31, 2017 2:15 AM
Jun 2015
Yup. This show without-a-doubt deserves this score, maybe even higher. This was an instant favorite for me. I gave it a 10/10 just after finishing episode 3, and each episode continued to exceed my expectations.

I hope the 26 episode rumor is true, I'll be so up for it!
Mar 31, 2017 2:56 AM
Jul 2015
Hydra_X9K said:
Yup. This show without-a-doubt deserves this score, maybe even higher. This was an instant favorite for me. I gave it a 10/10 just after finishing episode 3, and each episode continued to exceed my expectations.

I hope the 26 episode rumor is true, I'll be so up for it!

I really hope as well.. I don't speak japanese... Is there something in the official website? http://youjo-senki.jp/news/

Wish they would translate the light novels.. YEN Press read this thread :P
perkunos.blogspot.com
Mar 31, 2017 7:15 AM

Apr 2013
Current score has no meaning until most peoples currently watching the show can see the 12th episode. Because while it's removing peoples who watched less than 25 %, it doesn't have score of those who watched 100% yet so it's higher than what it would be otherwise. It's probably going to go below 8 again in the following 2 seeks tbh.
Mar 31, 2017 7:20 AM

Jun 2016
Well if you watched the Episode 11, it's obvious it will happen. I think i didn't blink my eyes even once on the 1st half of episode 11. This Anime deserves this rating jump.
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 31, 2017 8:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just typical 1/5 boost, same as usual. Nothing strange about that
Mar 31, 2017 10:01 AM

Nov 2014
People like myself finish the series and then rate it? i don't see the problem.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Mar 31, 2017 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
Yeah we finish it then rate.. but this anime was great though.

S2 when?

I want more <..>
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 31, 2017 9:26 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
elkensteyin said:
(assuming the rumor of 26 episodes is true), then this will only be the third completed anime TV series I give a 10 rating to (excluding OVAs & movies).

I hope so, its one of the few things that keeps me alive!

And Haganai and NGNL, I can get down with those.

And so Youjo Senki does indeed become my 3rd anime TV series rated a 10 - great ending, even with the cliffhanger (and we all know what's coming anyway at this point :-)). Oh, and it's not Haganai, but Haganai NEXT that got a 10 rating from me Takuan ^_^

HaXXspetten said:
Just typical 1/5 boost, same as usual. Nothing strange about that

I never realized until now that MAL did that, HaXX - probably because I never really paid that close attention to the ratings of an airing anime until this one
Mar 31, 2017 9:32 PM
Oct 2012
elkensteyin said:
And so Youjo Senki does indeed become my 3rd anime TV series rated a 10 - great ending, even with the cliffhanger (and we all know what's coming anyway at this point :-)). Oh, and it's not Haganai, but Haganai NEXT that got a 10 rating from me Takuan ^_^

Ah, I stand corrected. I loved it from the first episode. I was a Yozora fan from the first (though not as a ship, I never thought Kodaka deserved her!).

I have forgotten how to rank something (haven't done one in 2 years), but if figure it out this would be my 3rd "10" as well (Girls Und Panzer and Shirobako). I don't pretend to have artistic reasons, but like you, I rate a show on how much enjoyment it gives me and how eager I was to see "what happens next".

Apr 1, 2017 4:34 AM

Dec 2015
I guess people changed their votes (or started to vote) - when the anime ended. And since this season was pretty weak (Seiren, Masamune-kun no Revenge and even Kuzu no Honkai ware toooo flawed and there was a lot of other average stuff) Youjo Senki feels even more better compared to other stuff.

Only Onihei and Shouwa Rakugo Genroku were better. (And they are a bit special you'd need to enjoy calmer shows and Samurai stuff so I wouldn't be surprised of Youjo Senki was AOTS for a lot of people.)
Apr 1, 2017 7:53 AM
Jan 2016
And now 8.21 wkwk I think it happens because of Tanyaaaa, she's the real badass wkwkwk if you meet someone that really talkative but did his/her jobs perfectly, you simply can't complain about it.
One of the best winter 2017 anime.
Apr 1, 2017 11:58 AM

Nov 2015
Good to know that people like this anime cuz I love it.
Youjo Senki jumped from 8.02 to 8.21 whereas Masamune-kun no Revenge dropped from 8.28 to less than 7.60 lol
btw I like them both
Apr 1, 2017 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
azy1999 said:
Good to know that people like this anime cuz I love it.
Youjo Senki jumped from 8.02 to 8.21 whereas Masamune-kun no Revenge dropped from 8.28 to less than 7.60 lol
btw I like them both
Now that MKNR dropped from 8.28 -> 7.20, haha so much dropped No wonder that was a total failure! and YJ increased from 7.29 -> 8.21
Apr 1, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2014
Because it finished. That always happens.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 3, 2017 5:26 AM

Mar 2012
And we need to see 20% of the show if we want that our mark count. ;)
So people who dropped at episode 1 aren't counted.

+

8,21 for this.. MAL is getting worse and worse. Five years ago Youjo would have 7,5 or less.
It is before Shiki, FMP Fumoffu, Touch, Phantom, Eureka 7, Black Lagoon, Akira, Juuni Kokuki etc.. seriously ? :o
I wish he will decrease during this year. :/
It's not hate guys, just misunderstanding, and Youjo isn't the only one. ^^
Apr 3, 2017 6:15 AM

Apr 2013
HaarWyvern said:

+

8,21 for this.. MAL is getting worse and worse. Five years ago Youjo would have 7,5 or less.
It is before Shiki, FMP Fumoffu, Touch, Phantom, Eureka 7, Black Lagoon, Akira, Juuni Kokuki etc.. seriously ? :o
as I said, mean rating almost always decrease in the following months after completion. That's because peoples that aren't as hyped/don't like it as much are usually not as hard pressed to watch a show as soon as it airs. Hence why the average rating from peoples finishing a show few weeks after its completion is usually quite a bit lower. Probably going to stabilise around 8.00.

That being said I heavily suggest that you don't give any kind of importance to the "ranking" resulting from each anime's score. You aren't going to get anything logical out of this. And no, it wouldn't have been to 7.5 a few years back either.
Apr 3, 2017 8:48 AM

Mar 2012
Zefyris said:
HaarWyvern said:

+

as I said, mean rating almost always decrease in the following months after completion. That's because peoples that aren't as hyped/don't like it as much are usually not as hard pressed to watch a show as soon as it airs. Hence why the average rating from peoples finishing a show few weeks after its completion is usually quite a bit lower. Probably going to stabilise around 8.00.

That being said I heavily suggest that you don't give any kind of importance to the "ranking" resulting from each anime's score. You aren't going to get anything logical out of this. And no, it wouldn't have been to 7.5 a few years back either.

You're probably right, I swear.
Ranking is useful to discover anime in first thought. But yeah it isn't logical.
Then, you're avatar is Flavie of Rokka no Yuusha, or another character ? I love the art.
Apr 3, 2017 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
HaarWyvern said:
Zefyris said:

You're probably right, I swear.
Ranking is useful to discover anime in first thought. But yeah it isn't logical.
Then, you're avatar is Flavie of Rokka no Yuusha, or another character ? I love the art.

It's Fremy from RnY, yes. Original art from the first novel volume's colour pages. I love the art as well, that's why I choose that avatar, I almost always choose "art I particularly like" over "characters I like" when choosing an avatar.
Apr 3, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2009
1/5 rule applies after the show stops airing. Most people who drop before watching 1/5 of it give a lower score, and they're not longer counted.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 7, 2019 3:06 AM
Jul 2019
Score jumps highly during the end of the season. I mean, Kimetsu no Yaiba went from 8.79 to 8.97 in less than a day and a half.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

209 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 25, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

291 by Phixiately »»
Apr 24, 8:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.