Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 27, 2016 4:07 PM

Jan 2016
(I also put this in one of my forums already but I'm guessing no one will see it now)

Ok so I finished both season 2 last night and I was wondering does it matter if I watch The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya before watching The Disappearance Of Yuki?

The reason why I ask is that I'm guessing FUNImation doesn't own or just hasn't released it yet and the only ones I can find are on Amazon for $400 and I rather not buy it for that price sadly.

(and I mostly only watch anime's I can personally buy on DVD as dumb as it sounds)

so that's why I'm asking sorry again for bothering you guys with this and thanks for the help on both this and on the order to watch them in ^^

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Oct 27, 2016 4:20 PM

Oct 2014
This reminds me of a thread asking if it's necessary to watch Soul Eater before NOT.

Both are set in the same world (ie. not the universe of the original series) so yes, you will need to watch the movie before watching Yuki. However, movie is amazing and the spin-off series was shit (it's rated 0.5 points lower than the Endless Eight on MAL, if that means anything to you) so don't treat it like a prerequisite.
Oct 27, 2016 4:25 PM

Jan 2013
YES WATCH IT.
I haven't even seen that spin off since it looks like shit but the Disappearance is one of the best anime movies so definitely watch it if you liked (or even disliked) the series ASAP.
Oct 27, 2016 4:26 PM
May 2015
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan is a spin-off so yes, I recommend that you watch the movie but watching the spin-off is not really required. It's not canon to the Haruhi universe and it's just a big "what if Kyon was living a normal life with no espers, time travelers and all that crazy shit".

Yea, it sucks that Funi doesn't have the movie but I did buy that expensive ass Blu-ray disc from Amazon and since I'm a big fan of the movie, it was worth every penny xD. There wasn't any goodies but I still decided to sacrifice both my legs and my arms for that movie. That's how much I loved the movie xD.

Also, is that how much the price of the movie has gone up?! $400?! Geez, when I bought the movie 1 and a half years ago, it only costed me about $250, if I remember correctly.
jc9622Oct 27, 2016 4:40 PM

Oct 27, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2016
Ok thanks guys tbh that makes the weight a bit lighter since FUNI either doesn't own or haven't released it yet

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Oct 27, 2016 4:55 PM

Oct 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
This reminds me of a thread asking if it's necessary to watch Soul Eater before NOT.

Both are set in the same world (ie. not the universe of the original series) so yes, you will need to watch the movie before watching Yuki. However, movie is amazing and the spin-off series was shit (it's rated 0.5 points lower than the Endless Eight on MAL, if that means anything to you) so don't treat it like a prerequisite.

why the hell would anyone on earth think to watch soul eater not without watching soul eater before?
Oct 28, 2016 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
zombie_pegasus said:

why the hell would anyone on earth think to watch soul eater not without watching soul eater before?
look at the cover..
a bunch of edgy teens vs 3 cute girls
Oct 28, 2016 4:00 AM

Sep 2015
$400? BAHAHAHAHA!!!

I've seen it on a site called ozgameshop for $20 Aus
Oct 28, 2016 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
NOOO DON'T SELL YOUR SOUL TO THE HARUHI CULT!! Madoka cult is way better ;)

OT: I haven't watch it yet so i dont have a vote on the matter, but for 400$?? I dont think is worth it.
Oct 28, 2016 4:50 AM

Mar 2016
Well, I dunno about YOU, but this weirdo in a school girl outfit and pig tails is holding my dog hostage and demands that not only do I watch EVERY episode of the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise, but that I dance to the credits, too.

Short answer, yes.
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Oct 28, 2016 4:56 AM

Nov 2009
animefan0071 said:
Ok so I finished both season 2 last night and I was wondering does it matter if I watch The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya before watching The Disappearance Of Yuki?

"The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki" is a spin-off of the very movie, "The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya". I recommend watching the movie first, it's awesome.
"The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki" is only good for Nagato's fans.

amk_2397 said:
$400? BAHAHAHAHA!!!

I've seen it on a site called ozgameshop for $20 Aus

I've seen it on torrents for free.

gabrielrroiz said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Well, watching a Soul Eater AMV has convinced me that I'm not watching this horror.
Soul Eater Not, on the other hand, looks a lot cuter and happier.
flannanOct 28, 2016 4:59 AM
Oct 28, 2016 4:58 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
animefan0071 said:

"The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki" is a spin-off of the very movie, "The Disappearance Of Haruhi Suzumiya". I recommend watching the movie first, it's awesome.
"The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki" is only good for Nagato's fans.
the dissapearance made me a nagato fan!
Oct 28, 2016 5:01 AM

Sep 2016
The movie was amazing. Made me fan girl every minute. I watched the spin off and it was ...ok... but the movie was super excellent so you should watch it right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2016 5:17 AM
Aug 2015
Avoid both
Both of the series are crap
Oct 29, 2016 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
DoctorSexy said:
Avoid both
Both of the series are crap

^Ignore this
Its taste is literal shit
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Nov 6, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2009
The only possible answer is 'Yes'. You really do.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - May 24

22 by Pitto_ »»
Jun 2, 5:19 PM

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.