Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]
May 10, 2019 3:27 AM

Sep 2014
So Gil-kun had like 10 years time to do whatever and he obviously never once saw or read Monogatari. Pathetic.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 18, 2019 8:44 AM

Dec 2018
Even Shirou can't copy Ea. That weapon sure is something.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 12, 2019 5:01 PM

Aug 2017
Assassin vs Saber was short. I want more!

wtf that arm lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 17, 2019 9:25 PM

Feb 2017
honestly just let Shinji die
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Nov 18, 2019 11:30 AM
Apr 2017
Assassin is so cool until the last second!!!
Dec 19, 2020 8:39 PM

Apr 2018
Assassin vs Saber was the highlight of this episode. HOnestly just let Shinji die and this will be resolved LOL
Jun 21, 2022 5:50 PM
Nov 2020
At this point we know Shirou is kinda fucked in the head, but why isn't Rin killing Shinji?
Especially after what he did
Is it because of Sakura that they keep sparing him? Or is it just plot?
Mar 6, 2023 2:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Rin actually carrying the team by supplying mana to TWO people. Yes sir Shirou is useful indeed. But still, they could have EASILY just continued to sh*t magical f*ckery into the script by saying "Rin can supply mana to two people with no setbacks because she has so much", or literally ANYTHING that a little kid could write and it would've fix this issue. But no we're at the end so we need a way to send off Saber because of course she's going to win the duel with Assassin, so we need another way for her to go. Speaking of, I just remembered, Saber kind of just disappeared at the end of fate zero, unless I forgot a scene or something, she destroys the grail, and then that's it. Bye bye, without even saying goodbye. I must say, I didn't like that a lot....

Oh ok then, so Assassin is still around, somehow, just chilling, because, reasons, I guess. "I'm alive because the script wills it so!" would've been a better explanation than whatever bs that they usually come up with. 

So yeah we are here having the final showdown with Gilgamesh, who starts off with a nice monologue about how Thanos was right. He also states that he will not kill them right away because that will be dull. How convenient. If characters actually got sh*t done in this, Rin and Shirou would've been dead five times over already. But nah, we gotta toy with our prey because it's fun! Hahahahaha! I also like (I'm being sarcastic, I hate it) when Rin confidently states that she is going to walk through that pile of oozing guts to rescue Shinji, and then Gilgamesh is like "there's no way you can do that!" Ffs Gilgamesh, in anime terms, you basically just gave her the power to do so. It's going to be a cakewalk for her now. If the anime rules apply here, which they sure as heck do, Gilgamesh should say "you CAN walk through those guts", then Rin WOULDN'T be able to. Idk if you get what I'm saying, but you know how in shounen how a character has an inner monologue saying he or she will be able to do something, only to realize they were actually outsmarted or overpowered or something? And vice versa, when a spectating character says that the main character or whoever's fighting or whatever will NOT be able to do something, THEN they are able to overpower the opponent themselves? Sorry I'm probably making zero sense but if you're getting what I'm saying, you got some high IQ fam

Anyway, Rin proceeds to go rescue Shinji, but the second she steps into that lake, you kind of just want to tell her that maybe she should've brought a little more protection than just stockings. Not that I'm complaining, of course, heavens no. But she still got to Shinji pretty easily. She was just like "ew" and then boom, arrival at destination. It's odd especially since gilgamesh was like "there's NO WAY you can get there".... sigh. I'm going to keep assuming and believe that the grail fully manifesting this time is somewhat important to Gilgamesh. And yet Rin steals the heart, Shinji, with relative easy. Won't that like, mess up the whole process? And yet Gilgamesh is so distracted by not going all out on Shirou that he can't even send one single one of his swords in Rin's direction to disable her. 

The grail actually takes in the wishes of, all of humanity? Is that how it gets the mana needed to manifest? I thought it was the blood sacrifice of the summoned servants... ugh I have no idea. I guess that was the initial intention of the grail, for the mages who who created it to grant any wish, but then it became, corrupt somehow and now it's bad, f*ck me what is this sh*t. Like, wishes? Curses? Wat? All I know is that the grail produces red goo. Heck I don't even know what the grail is; I guess it's just that hole spilling out the goo? Alright whatever then. And then apparently the grail, or its contents, will show up at the temple (which is why Assassin is guarding it I assume), and not at the lake where everything's happening. 

Man, I really like Gilgamesh. He's such a boss. I don't, however, like his long monologues. At that point I'm just like, give me a break. Also unless it's the "toying with prey" thing again, Shirou somehow is now more powerful than Berserker, seen by pretty much all the servants as the strongest servant, and Gilgamesh, the one who beat him, didn't even have an 100% easy time taking him down either. And yet now Shirou is like on par with Gilgamesh... is it because of the good chiropractor-ing that Archer gave him? Is it Saber's scabbard that awakened (or whatever happened in that episode) within him? Is it Rin giving him some mana? Whatever it is, even if you combine anything, none of that bs should be able to explain these absurd power scaling levels. But at this point I should've just accept it already and move on. Shirou should've die like in the first episode anyway when Lancer stabbed him in the school hallway. Power scaling is the least of issues when the main character has completely impervious plot armour. I mean they explain it well enough saying going all out and taking Shirou seriously will bring shame to him as a king, that's fine for now, but later he does go all out and.... doesn't exactly win... because script writing 101 baby

Bro why'd they even call this "unlimited bladeworks". Should've just call it fate stay night: TRACE ON

Shinji's still alright too even. Dang.

Seeing Saber holding a yellow lightsaber is ten times cooler than seeing her wield a stick of mist

Sh*t episode. Even as the numbers whittled down in fate zero, it stayed equally as compelling. Here though, now that we're down to four players on the battlefield, 3 vs. Gilgamesh, it's just.... lame yo

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 2, 2023 1:46 PM

Dec 2018
assassin was such a cool dude i'll miss him. i respect his bushido. that gilgamesh guy pisses me off quite a bit though i can only hope he meets an inglorious end.
Aug 15, 2023 2:08 AM
Jul 2023
A lot of fighting
- Rin literally just walking through curses realised
- Saber vs Assassin finally, he got wrecked
- “Even slaves had a purpose” “more people than purposes” interesting take I like it
- Rin pulls Shinji out and the grail just pathetically tries to get him back
- WEEEE *plop*
- Yoooo Shirou got strong as hell to defend against Gates Of Babylon
- Ea was revealed to defend against…. A giant hand?
- Shirou and Gilgamesh fight for real next episode! Only two servant left
Oct 19, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2022
GILGAMESH COM TODO RESPEITO MAS TUA PIKA É ENORME MLK PQPPPPPPPPP
Feb 2, 9:26 PM

Dec 2022
Well gg Assassin you'll be missed is all i can say.
Can't wait for the showdown between Gil and Shirou.

Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.