Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]
Mar 16, 2017 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
Ranxomare said:
Original idea of Gilgamesh: Destroy all the humans!!!(

Uh... no? He wishes for only the "worthiest" of humans to stay in "his" world.
Mar 28, 2017 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty boring motivation of Gilgamesh right there, thought he would have a more thought out plan than just to kill everyone/someone. Well at least Archer and Shinji died, which makes this probably the best episode xD
Apr 3, 2017 10:57 PM

Jul 2007
Gator said:
Pretty boring motivation of Gilgamesh right there, thought he would have a more thought out plan than just to kill everyone/someone.

He views current humanity as on it's way to extinction(which was a fact supported by existing canon till Nasu retconed it randomly lately)

He wants to kill the weak by turning the world into hellish landscape where only those strong enough to be worthy of being ruled over by Gilgamesh would survive.
May 16, 2017 8:03 AM

Aug 2013
At least Shinji is dead.

Jun 2, 2017 11:48 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode! I think Archer was really holding back. Could have killed Emiya and ended this once and for all.

I guess in the end, despite knowing the outcome. He still felt empathetic to Emiya. Knowing the same feeling of never giving up no matter what happens.

Fucking Gilgamesh killed Archer. I was wondering how both Archer can summon swords from the past just like Gilgamesh. Guess that's why he called him a faker a few episodes back.

I hope Saber beats his ass once and for all. Lol Shinji you got fucked.
Jul 10, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2014
A hearty fuck you and adios to Shinji! Nice end to the battle between Archer and Shirou - seems like Archer could have taken Shirou with him (or killed Shirou and himself lived) with that downward stab but decided not to at the last second. And of course, Gilgamesh being the big baddie after all, no surprise there
Jul 29, 2017 12:27 AM
Nov 2010
Hyack said:
Happy end for Shiniji xoxo, atleast he didn't explode like the ones in Psycho Pass

Cunt finally died LMAO
Aug 14, 2017 10:30 PM

Aug 2017
RIP Archer
Shinji got what he deserved...
Sep 25, 2017 1:06 AM

Mar 2014
Lmao Saber has a whole route for her yet she gets a monologue in UBW while Shirou is still portrayed in the most generic and annoying way as possible

RIP Archer, I didn't feel anything even though I was rooting for him. The Archer/ Shirou aspect of the show was handled very poorly, there was no logic, no depth for Shirou, a bunch of asspulls etc. I'm glad it's over at the very least. Is Shirou gonna end up like Archer? Does he not care? We should have had more of his POV

I feel a bit sad because I really liked the first few eps of this season including the 1st cour. Now it feels like your typical generic battle shounen

Shinji's death reminded me of Psycho-Pass lmao. Now let's see how exactly someone as OP as Gilgamesh will be defeated
DanaeSep 25, 2017 1:10 AM
Oct 14, 2017 4:51 AM

May 2016
Another epic episode I hope the outcome will be better and R.I.P Hero Emiya.
Sep 17, 2018 3:24 AM

Sep 2014
As much as I hate Shinji, damn that was one hell of a way to put him out.

And then there were two.. 4 episodes for the finale eh? Alright then ~
#RIPArcher
Nov 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
Ah, it feels oddly satisfying seeing Shinji like that the 3rd time.

I like this one since it's more brutal than the previous 2.
Jun 18, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2018
It's strange how Gilgamesh doesn't even care about Kirei after

He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 11, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2017
So, we know Gilgamesh plan. wtf Shinji, he is still bullied no matter what xDD.

I think that Archer is alive, I mean, his death was very anticlimactic.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2019 3:39 AM

Dec 2014
hmm well that was something.... shinji ending up like that hmmm
Feb 10, 2020 4:03 PM
Sep 2019
It took long, but finally Shinji got what he deserved. I just loved how Gilgamesh shook his hand to get it cleaned from blood after the implant, one of those tiny details that make this character one you love to hate.

Holy fck after Shirou defeated Archer I found myself thinking "What's going to happen for the last 4 episodes?", and then the bastard skewers him! I totally forgot about him and didn't see it coming °_° Poor Rin, despite Archer's betrayal, the way she screams after he's killed is painful to hear :( And he disappeared so quickly, didn't even have time for some last words, unlike Lancer (who went down like a boss, taking the fucking priest with him).

And considering that now the good guys are also the boring ones (but for Rin), I guess I am gonna root for the villain.
IlasmaFeb 10, 2020 4:33 PM
May 29, 2020 11:06 PM
Nov 2018
Future Shirou is correct but present Shirou isn't also wrong. And Gilgasmash be smashing the hero spirits like some ants.
Stabbing the Shinji-kun is the only right thing he did in the thousands years.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Dec 19, 2020 7:52 PM

Apr 2018
It was cool seeing that fight between Shirou and Archer. Looks like Archer is gone due to Gilgadaddy.

Rip Shinji you deserved that tbh.
Aug 1, 2021 3:43 PM
Jul 2021
Really good end to the fight, not one that ended on skill but on ideals.

"Making others happy is still a beautiful wish" Good line. Really goes to show that Emiya is gonna be a tragic character.

Gilgamesh and Saber talking needed more backstory and stuff, I feel like explanation is the one thing this anime doesn't do well.
Aug 23, 2021 5:05 PM

Jan 2015
Shinji scenes, haha.
Aug 29, 2021 10:02 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, so stupid. Like ANYONE, any character could see they are going to be betrayed, miserable, stabbed and hung, and be like "Yeah, That's what I want, I want to be alone, miserable, and butcher tons of people and be a "Hero" I get that he wants to be a hero, But ANYONE would think at LEAST that they want to do it DIFFERENTLY. Like yeah I want to be a hero, but I want to have a family too and be a hero in a different way. Nobody would see that AWFUL future and desire to shoot for it. At least I don't think, you'd have to be braindead or just the ultimate ignorant human being of all time. I seriously wanted him to kill Shirou sooo badly and just shift to Rin winning the Grail. His stubbornness is annoying not admirable to me. Knowing you are going to be miserable and hate everything to the point of wanting to KILL yourself to end it and chasing it anyway is such a stupid thing to do.
Like there is no tiptoeing around it that IS who you become, you will be a miserable no pride having person who hates their life and themselves THAT much.
Aug 29, 2021 10:06 PM
Jul 2021
Also, it's not even your dream, it someone else dream that they gave up on. And there is NO way he'd ever beat Archer. Even "catching up" he still was a worthless loser a week ago, you are NEVER going to beat someone who has fought THOUSANDS of battles. They were both RUINED so blondie would have smoked them all so easily.
Oct 24, 2021 9:44 AM
Aug 2017
Rip Shinji that looked pretty painful

Still hoping Shirou is gonna die. Hate the cunt so much.
Nov 1, 2021 5:31 PM

Jun 2020
starting 2 think i picked wrong watch order & shoulda started w/ 0 😬😬😬
Jan 30, 2022 12:41 PM
May 2021
Shinji is dead hehehe
Jun 19, 2022 3:09 PM
Nov 2020
The satisfaction in this episode ending is so much that can't be described in words
RIP BOZO 💀😂
Mar 4, 2023 1:59 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Mmmm, Shinji looking tasty, like a snack. Yummy to my tummy

RIP Archer, I guess he as a heroic spirit doesn't have Saber's scabbard within to protect him.

Well that's all over now, and now the final boss has stepped into the room, and actually has quite nicely helped explain a bit more clearly the true nature of the grail, as I was still confused as to how it worked and what it was since fate zero. I'm going to assume that the whole "granting any wish" thing was a complete farce as well, only put in place as incentive for the masters to fight each other and unknowingly offer up their servants as high quality mana offerings. I guess just summoning heroic spirits and killing them right then and there is not possible. So all the questions I had of how were masters or servants chosen, and why they had such a powerful sway in the world in the fact that any wish of theirs could be granted, are pretty much answered: none of it really matters. These mages from the past who created the grail simply needed the mana from the servants to get it to work. What their intention was with their creation of the grail it's not quite clear, a weapon of some sorts perhaps? Although Gilgamesh states that he has seen another use for it, and that is just simply for mass destruction by connecting this world to the pits of hell. Welp, that's good incentive for someone like Shirou who wants to save everybody to fight Gilgamesh, because Gilgamesh is about to kill, like, everybody. 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 28, 2023 9:19 PM
Feb 2021
Honestly, I think Shinji is one of the few characters that I was happy to see die, perhaps the only one.

Shirou vs Archer was pretty great though it maybe could've used some work.

The reveal of Gil as the main villain should only be surprising to people who UBW is their first Fate, which is surprisingly high.
Aug 14, 2023 9:50 PM
Jul 2023
Hyack said:
Happy end for Shiniji xoxo, atleast he didn't explode like the ones in Psycho Pass

I know this is year old but this is exactly what I thought of
Aug 14, 2023 9:56 PM
Jul 2023
Wonderful episode. I see nothing wrong here.
- Animation in the fight between Shirou and Archer was beautiful as expected
- Shirou defeats archer! Good stuff
- Gilgamesh just freaking destroyed Archer :(
- He’s always so badass on those stairs
- The holy grail war and it’s mechanics were finally just layered out with no mysteries.
- We learn: it was originally just a ritual for mages to summon an infinite mana source and reach the root, and Gilgamesh plans to summon it and cause the destruction of all human “mongrels”
- Hard to see Saber realise she was never able to win the grail as a servant
- Jesus Shinji got freaking wrecked. Deserved now you’re gonna be a cup
- That was gross though…
Oct 19, 2023 7:46 PM
Jan 2022
Uhuuuul o bostinha de cabelo roxo morreu :D
Dec 12, 2023 1:43 PM
Apr 2020
it was just ok i guess
Jan 31, 4:39 AM
Mar 2023
10/10 se murió el asqueroso de shinji
Feb 2, 1:55 PM

Dec 2022
Damn Shinji, he got what's coming for him. Anyhoo decent episode overall other than Goldy's true motivation being revealed.

Pages (20) « First ... « 18 19 [20]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.