Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 12, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
So much feels.

The anime is coming to an end soon :(

I dont want it to end ;(
Oct 18, 2014 9:36 PM

Sep 2012
Holy fuck the melodrama. This episode had me rolling my eyes so hard I think I may need to upgrade my contacts prescription.

This is a classic case of writers trying to create drama, without actually writing anything dramatic or consequential. It ultimately ends up stupid and boring, not to mention cringe worthy. Somebody could have fucking died, and the level of angst and melodrama in this episode would still have been overblown.

This episode was a chore to watch. I stopped caring about what was actually happening, and was just looking forward to it being over. When I wasn't rolling my eyes or giggling at how hard it was trying, it was embarrassing to watch. I had to pause about every 20 seconds because I just couldn't take it. It made me self conscious to be an anime fan.
Dec 4, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, Sousuke just wanted to swim with Rin again because of how he saw how happy it made Rin feel last summer doing the relay with Haru and all even though his shoulder is messed up! Awww!

Rin even cried! Awwww!!!!!!! <3

It made me cry! ;_______________________________;

So they all failed at their individual to qualify for nationals but Haru's team got in finally with their relay after winning!

But Rin didn't even care in the end because he enjoyed it! Awww!!!!

Such good episodes! It just shows how great friendship can be! That's why I adore this show! <3
Feb 20, 2015 4:08 AM
Feb 2015
I was really moved during watching this episode. I almost cried. Sousuke's story was a bit dramatical, but his doing was just a plain rational need. But it was sad, sad and once again - sad. The cutest moment was when Rin was crying on Sousuke's shoulders. I hoped they will hug or something, but didn't happen. I know that Free is all about friendship thing, but... Wouldn't it be more natural to don't allow Sousuke to swim? Just anime...
Feb 20, 2015 5:38 AM

Aug 2008
Ahhhh this episode was wonderful and filled with so many emotions! It made me cry, such wonderful friendships really touched my heart. I wanted a tie as well, but I'm so happy that Iwatobi won. All the boys are so precious, I want to hug them.

I don't want to finish this anime!!! ;_;

Mar 1, 2015 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
I Want to know who is that one who won Backstroke and how he competes in nationals.. but sadly its impossible :(
Jul 23, 2015 3:01 AM

Aug 2007
CDXX said:
I don't like Sousuke. Why didn't he just go to a doctor before his shoulder broke down completely? I hate how 'going to a doctor and taking care of yourself for a few months for the sake of your future' always equals 'giving up' in the eyes of those characters -.-. When I'm an athlete and I sense some body part breaking down the first thing I do is go check it out, unless I'm like in the middle of a super important competition at the moment.
With that being the basis of the drama I just can't really feel sorry for him :/.

This.
I'm sorry, I thought Sousuke was going to have some turn around to make me like him but I don't. At all. On top of this, he couldn't even be honest to Rin. Like, what was he going to do if they didn't notice? Just race for his own reasons and hold back the team? I get he wanted to swim with him again but... ugh. I just don't appreciate how he handled anything.

Sep 2, 2015 11:26 PM

Aug 2013
This was the best Free episode I've seen. It was still stupid to let Sousuke swim though. Are they not allowed to substitute someone else in? Maybe it was too late?
Sep 7, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2010
Honestly, why did I even miss this episode? I think I watched all except for episode 10! So that's why my question was still unanswered argh. Basically, this is the episode that explains about Sosouke's resolve.

Good thing I recommend this series to a friend and he mentioned about something I have no idea and it's on episode 10! Atleast I manage to watch it. Nice episode so faarr. No Rin dun cry :(
Sep 25, 2015 11:41 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was awesome. I loved all the interaction with Rin ans Sousuke. I'm so sad that Sousuke won't be able to swim anymore.. And Rin cried for him.
...I ship them so much.. In the end of this episode I was just like "And now - KISS!" <33

Iwatobi won. I'm happy for them, but I think Samezuka would've won if Sousuke wouldn't have been injured so badly. But anyway, I'm happy for my boys.
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Feb 14, 2016 12:13 AM

Apr 2015
Rin finally found out about Sousuke's shoulder injury. I actually felt sympathy for Sousuke for once. I like him a bit more now. This is a pretty good episode overall.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Mar 19, 2016 8:42 PM

Mar 2012
that preview...
by now, we all know free isn't an yaoi anime. but sometimes it surely teases us with that vibe.
fanservice. <3
May 2, 2016 9:35 AM

Jun 2010
I'd love to see some yaoi between Sosuke and Rin even more now. Dream of mine. <3
But since that won't happen, I'd also like him to be with Gou.

Great episode. I just don't understand sports as much as I should. I mean, Haru, Nagisa and so on didn't win in the first round and they didn't make it to the finals. But then in the end they still had some swimming left do so against Rin's team. Then they won and make it to the finals. So I didn't really get that... First I thought these are two different rounds and since they won't the second one, they will be in the finals.
But Rin was always the best and the fastest one, so why didn't they win?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2016 3:42 PM

Oct 2013
Wasn't expecting to get any feels during this show, what an amazing episode.

Sep 13, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
So ... Sousuke was basically in love with Rin this entire time right :P LOL! Backstory on what happened to him and why he was inspired by watching Rin ... I guess everyone was lol. Kind of a shame they lost, but it makes sense they would with his shoulder injury, even if the rest of their team may have had slightly faster times. Next episode we get a summer festival? :O Those are always fun. Plus I guess thinking about the future after swimming ... and they make it look like Makoto's going to confess his love to Haru too LOL XD
Nov 26, 2017 3:20 PM
Sep 2015
Sousuke told Rin that he wants to be friends with him even though he'll quit swimming.
Sousuke still swam in that condition.
I'm happy that Iwatobi won the relay.
Oct 28, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
This episode is so emotional. I think that Sousuke is not going to be able to swim anymore after this episode. Sadly, they lost.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 11, 2019 9:07 PM

Jul 2016
This was the development I needed to be fully convinced about Sousuke's character. I liked how his talk with Rin was handled. Not to mention that his background story was quite touching to hear as well.

Very good episode overall. Personally, I think Samezuka's drama is way better executed than Iwatobi's.
Jul 15, 2019 7:42 AM

May 2016
Saikono episode

So much feeling filled this episode with sad and joy, dream and hope.

I can really say this was the best.

next one seems like Makoto decides his future.
Oct 25, 2019 4:59 PM

Jun 2014
This was quite an emotional episode. It sounds like Sousuke's shoulder problem is permanent, but he toughed it out for the relay.

Iwatobi managed to win, but Samezuka is still proud of their effort.

Apr 10, 2020 6:51 AM

Jul 2019
rin should have won -_-

Aug 14, 2021 6:26 AM
Sep 2018
one word? just wow. This episode was amazing, with Sousuke and Rin talking and the relay between the two best teams, it was crazy!

I didn't think I would get so many thrills watching this anime, but it's just amazing.
Aug 15, 2021 10:18 PM

May 2019
Sousuke telling that story with that music sure was something...poor Sousuke.

Oh snap, that relay was soooo intense!

Apr 2, 2022 7:20 AM

Feb 2020
This was such a great and emotional episode. That relay was so intense.

Sousuke can be a very proud of himself. However, I feel bad for him if he's really forced to quit swimming. :( That shoulder injury looks so bad.

SerafosMay 20, 6:36 AM
Jan 29, 2023 11:01 AM
Jun 2020
Muito emocionante. Haru segue sendo o melhor personagem de todos
Feb 8, 7:16 PM
Feb 2022
shoulder angst!!!!!!!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2014

189 by hidenashi »»
Feb 9, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

107 by hidenashi »»
Feb 5, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2014

113 by hidenashi »»
Feb 5, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2014

304 by hidenashi »»
Feb 3, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Free!: Eternal Summer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2014

147 by CCC47 »»
Jan 20, 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.