Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Joa's face finally revealed!
Feb 22, 2014 11:09 PM
Aug 2008
This was a new form bullshitness that I have never seen before..
It was a very humilating episode for The Knocking Master !
I wished that they haven't diverted from the manga >.<
Feb 23, 2014 3:49 AM

Nov 2012
1animation sucks
2 bishokukai vs biothope , free for all??? wtf
3 the whole story changed
4 grand knocking ruined
5 jirou and setsuno got defeated by joa?? wtffff
6 ... nvm this is a waste of time

the toriko manga is soo goood but the anime is a load of crap
Feb 24, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2008
Well, at least animation for next episode looks interesting.
Looks like it will be the less detailed but more fluid type.

I enjoy the story at the moment, because first I want to watch the anime till the end and then read the manga. This way I can have fun with the anime and the manga without being disappointed every episode.
ChytharoFeb 24, 2014 1:03 PM
Feb 24, 2014 11:34 AM

May 2010
someone punch me really hard so i can wake up from this fkin nightmare!!!!!!!

//edit oh boy toriko comes to the rescue..well that shit didnt happen ..like at ALL! oh man they changed soo much again..starjun is here too..lol.. well atleast i get to see somthing new lol
KerozinnFeb 24, 2014 11:44 AM
Feb 24, 2014 11:34 AM

Feb 2013
Lol.
What happened there.
I know the anime is ending but they are changing everything and not for the better.
If the anime ever comes back they need to redo the entire arc.
Feb 24, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2010
Narutofreak1412 said:
Well, at least animation for next episode looks awesome.
Looks like it will be the less detailed but more fluid type.

I enjoy the story at the moment, because first I want to watch the anime till the end and then read the manga. This way I can have fun with the anime and the manga without being disappointed every episode.

if you enjoy the anime then keep watching and start reading manga when this arc is over cause right after this Act2 begins. the gourmet world part of the manga. act1 was human world part. i just saw it ends after current arc..
KerozinnFeb 24, 2014 11:57 AM
Feb 24, 2014 11:47 AM
Nov 2012
What the... Way too many things are different in the anime... I have no idea why would they change so much.
Feb 24, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2008
Well, that's a first. Never dropped a anime before after so many episodes.
Love the manga and I really liked the anime before the last few episodes, guess ill just have to stick to the manga from now on.
Feb 24, 2014 12:04 PM

May 2010
Crushzilla said:
Well, that's a first. Never dropped a anime before after so many episodes.
Love the manga and I really liked the anime before the last few episodes, guess ill just have to stick to the manga from now on.

im almost guessing the ppl making this anime know that it ends with this arc and they simply stopped giving any fucks about this anymore and just change everything for shitz and giggles.

if i were mitsutoshi i would be mad pissed cause they are ruining my work!
Feb 24, 2014 12:18 PM
Mar 2013
Until the anime will end, i bet that toriko will find God.The worst episode of toriko, it was better to end anime at 142 it was a decent episode.But this is a piece of shit,i think they do this because they don t want to make a season 2.
Feb 24, 2014 12:39 PM

Jun 2013
I don't even know what they are doing, animation was terrible.

At least ost was good.
Feb 24, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2013
Calm the fuck down dipshits, don't mock the episode just because they skipped some important parts and epic moments just like in the manga.

This episode was epic, Joa is revealed, Knocking Master Jiro is being a badass and now it's
Toriko & Starjun vs Joa (AKA False Froeze)

Don't be a bunch of douchebags, people.
Feb 24, 2014 1:22 PM
Oct 2011
For anyone that has watched claymore - they pulled a claymore + ft lol wow seriously? they totally cut off jirou's balls. Hes supposed to be one of the top "3" and hes sitting there cowering while toriko's cannon fork saves him? come on! I think one of the big reasons why people are so upset is because they had been faitful to the manga for so long, until this epic moment to clip its wings. Perhaps a form of "betrayal" in a sense?
Feb 24, 2014 3:17 PM
Aug 2011
How dare they change it. They made friggin Knocking Master Jirou look weak when it's not suppose to. Even when they did the cool bits of Jirou in the anime it looked lame than how it looked in the manga. Like seriously who's stupid idea was it to change it. God knows what the hell is gonna happen in the next ep. Disappointing again Toei.
Sense is like Cheese.
Feb 24, 2014 3:25 PM
Aug 2013
Guess for these last 5 or 6 episodes i'll read the manga after watching the anime
Feb 24, 2014 3:55 PM
Aug 2013
So....are they going to do what the old HXH did?
Feb 24, 2014 4:36 PM

Jun 2012
The most upsetting thing for me was simply the fact that Komatsu could move during Jiro's freaking Grand knocking. Seriously. What the legitimate fuck is that bullshit?!
Feb 24, 2014 4:42 PM

Sep 2013
Please just start reading from here if you haven't read the manga, NOW!!! hurry, you're welcome.
http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/230/5 - Zebra's part

Whyper said:

Maybe in 10 years if toei doesn't continue it.
Feb 24, 2014 4:45 PM
Aug 2011
ichii_1 said:
Please just start reading from here if you haven't read the manga (Zebra's part), you're welcome.
http://www.mangapanda.com/toriko/230/5

Whyper said:

Maybe in 10 years if toei doesn't continue it.

To be honest, who would want Toei to continue it? Lol
Sense is like Cheese.
Feb 24, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2010
Haven't watched this yet but I almost don't want to after reading what they've done to it. Level of fucks given by Toei, 0.

So they'll probably be ending the series full stop here, good, fuck off Toei. So Ichiryuu will probably beat Midora, Toriko and Star to beat Joa, they'll all get together and have a party after finding Acacia's full course and everyone lives happily ever after while sharing God or whatever.

It makes me sick thinking about it.
antonnnFeb 24, 2014 9:09 PM
Feb 25, 2014 2:23 AM
Feb 2014
i can't believe they damned this episode ,what the ****??? . they made JIROU a fool,why can't they make the anime like the main story,just because toriko & starjun are main character they have to fight joe now??? . this explains why too much fame is too bad.are this people right in thier head???
i won't hate toriko because of all this but still i can't believe some actually like this episode ,UCGFU
Feb 25, 2014 4:34 AM

Apr 2010
It's episodes like this that show that studios don't give a damn about the anime as long as they can make money.
Feb 25, 2014 6:21 AM
Feb 2014
thats why so many good anime stopped airing, i wish i had the power to produce all these anime properly .All these people care about is making money ,but too much greed is very bad,i feel sorry for all fans who really love anime not people who watch it just to compare it other anime,and bad mouth about it :(
Feb 25, 2014 6:28 AM

Jun 2008
Yeah they are pulling a Claymore in our ass.

FantomSama said:
This was a new form bullshitness that I have never seen before..
It was a very humilating episode for The Knocking Master !
I wished that they haven't diverted from the manga >.<

For Setsuno and Jirou. What a stupid episode. She ain't some defentless person like Komatsu. Even tired she can still avoid hits. And Jirou doesn't need to act like that at all. He could easily just throw back the hits instead of trying to take them.
What bullshit.
Also seriously? They are putting Torriko and Starjun against Joa? At there current level they have no chance in hell. There fight didn't even reach critical level so they can awaken their gourme cells more.
They butchered everything but i guess it's better if it just ends there and as it seems never continue again because it's just a horrible cheap adaptation.
MonadFeb 25, 2014 6:39 AM
Feb 25, 2014 8:48 AM

Feb 2008
Seriously Toei, go fuck yourself. At least they could have the decency of fully adapting this arc, and then pulling original/filler ending at the start of Act2.
This situation reminds me of this other show that starts with Zet and ends with Man, but this one was shit from start to finish due to the horrible adaptation choices.
Feb 25, 2014 9:42 AM

Sep 2009
Toei go fuck themselves? really the same group that give us the awesome One Piece and gave us the masterpiece that was Dragonball.

don't blame the company, blame the Director.
Feb 25, 2014 11:53 AM

Feb 2012
komic said:
Toei go fuck themselves? really the same group that give us the awesome One Piece and gave us the masterpiece that was Dragonball.

Well, Dragon Ball was like 20 years ago.

And One Piece anime is just average. Not even near the level of the manga.
Feb 25, 2014 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
komic said:

That's not how it works. I doubt the decision to stray from the manga and go anime original is up to the individual director of each episode, and then the director for the next episode just has to go from there (remember, an anime like Toriko does not have just one director for the entire show).

This is very much something Toei should be blamed for.

And yeah, while One Piece is awesome, the anime is very average and sometimes even bad. Which is crazy when Toei has such good source material to adapt.
Feb 25, 2014 12:19 PM

Nov 2012
komic said:

no fuck the people who decided to cencor all the blood and gore from the anime and to even change the story.

im just so mad because this had to happen to an epic and awesome manga like toriko :(
Feb 26, 2014 8:10 AM

Feb 2011
Am I the only one who's just fine with the changes Toei made?

In fact, I'm kinda glad, this just motivated me to read the manga. If the story would've stayed the same then I wouldn't feel any need to read the manga.
Feb 26, 2014 10:01 AM

May 2011
I feel much the same way as morshuwarrior. I usually don't read series when the anime follows it closely. But for this I'm still ever so slowly reading it and it is interesting to see what differs. I still enjoy the anime and I'm amazed at the feats these characters manage every episode.
Feb 26, 2014 11:16 AM
Jul 2013
jirou needed to be saved by toriko?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA -.-

what a joke, toriko at the fight against starjun isnt even 1/10 strong as jirou

toei animation realy messed this up
Feb 27, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2011
Very dissapointed!!! They made Jirou look like shit. ;( I was so excited to see this episode animated and Jirou ruling everyone but nooooooooooo.............. i cant even describe how dissapointed i am. :(

If someone wants to read the manga when the anime is over in 1 month. Read this arc again because its way cooler then how it is animated and the change of plots.
Feb 28, 2014 3:46 PM

Dec 2011
Okay. Fuck this. This anime is so totally ruined by this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2014 7:34 AM

Mar 2010
jiro did what? but then he was degraded after protecting setsuno

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 4, 2014 11:05 PM
Feb 2014
i know this isn't one piece discussion but ,i have to say this toei ruined it to !!! here is one example
1.This was a filler but still=while most of them were training hard and struggling ,and i don't think anyone in luffy team has armanent hardening haki except for luffy (and might be sanji and zoro) where did that "KUNGFU DUJONG" get that ??? whats a BS
Mar 29, 2014 8:59 PM
Mar 2014
TORIKO ANIME WILL END IN MARCH 29 or 30 or WHATEVER AND NEW DRAGON BALL
SERIES WILL REPLACE IT'S TIMELINE

i found this randomly so don't ask me how, but this info is 100% accurate,
since ive researched about dbz in details

FOR DETAILS GO HERE :
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-21/toriko-anime-to-end-on-march-30-after-3-years
Jan 14, 2023 3:33 AM

Apr 2013
So I was already unstatisfied with the old big baddy, because he barely made an appearance. But now we have a new big baddy which got introduced without much background. I feel nothing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toriko Episode 5 Discussion

Game_Master - May 3, 2011

21 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 3 Discussion

EvilSynner - Apr 19, 2011

29 by PlasticRobot »»
Oct 27, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 38 Discussion

Cetais - Dec 27, 2011

11 by Frippy_ »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 101 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Apr 22, 2013

16 by nightjasmine »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Toriko Episode 147 Discussion

SilentTruth - Mar 29, 2014

42 by Gator »»
Jan 16, 2023 3:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.