Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2021 10:34 PM

Mar 2020
Okay we still don't know if she is traitor yet lets wait for AFO to complete his masterplan.

Another setting up for war arc. Students did grew that's very true the way they stopped Deku was very cool.

Shigaraki writhing in pain is painful and Toga joined AFO? I thought that she might be working solo but lets see.

The whole traitor thing if Hori decides to solve then the writing has to plot-hole free and also enjoyable obviously i was fine with the traitor theory not being solved.

Lets see we have a prime AFO from S3 or Kamino ward and maybe stole quirks from other prisoners and gave away AirWalk to Nagant.
a 98 percent Shiggy but now he has bunch of quirks but not stronger than AFO that's for sure.
6 Near High End Nomus.
The remaining members of PLF but they can be tackled by side characters.

On the hero side we have the Top3, Deku and other powerhouses from 1A and half of the heroes before the first war arc which means the strong heroes didn't retired.

No break next week.

Go Beyond, PLUS ULTRA!!!

P.S-Hori's comment on this weeks JUMP " I am watching Komi-san can't communicate. Its so cute"
Nov 26, 2021 1:07 AM

Mar 2015
the chapter pretty much build up.
of course the traitor is the most boring least relevant one
but oh well, at least it made sense. the tail guy would be soo heart broken. or maybe he will do something about it?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 26, 2021 1:27 AM

Dec 2020
Just when I wanted this stupid traitor theory to die down, it shows up. Of course I would be more surprised than 99/100% of the people present here. What should I do next??

i_m_a_hero_too said:

P.S-Hori's comment on this weeks JUMP " I am watching Komi-san can't communicate. Its so cute"

If this is true then the man surely is a man of culture.

Surely was a lot to take in for me. I can only watch where the story progresses

*currently wondering whether I should agree with the fanbase*
*contemplating and in need of help*

Nov 26, 2021 1:30 AM

Oct 2017
The traitor is her?

The fledlings can finally fly but hopefully their wings won't be torn apart.
Nov 26, 2021 1:31 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. Seriously I swear to all life given to me. Dang it! I heard many rumors today because of it. I would make a guess. But I never expected this to be this real. **** me! Damn it! **** me!
Nov 26, 2021 1:31 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Man I remember 4 years ago when Hagakure was like top candidate in everyone's theories but now people are like: *record scratch* wait what?

I'm kind of hoping it's a red herring. Like. I said on Twitter. It's not that it doesn't make sense or even eluded to. But. It's not interesting cause has less character than fucking Sato.

Though I am curious now, her quirk was never officially established so what is it then?

And if Aoyama isn't the traitor. WHY SO MUCH HYPE FOR IT!? Including the art Hori did for the art exhibition that really felt like it was going down that route.

Oh well. I'm not gonna beat down. Hopefully it'll be interesting.
Nov 26, 2021 1:45 AM

Jul 2019
I feel like it's too early to complain about the reveal.

The real problem here is the pacing, it's way too fast, it feels like the story could end in 20 chapters or less
Nov 26, 2021 1:55 AM

May 2020
They are again digging this long dead thing up, but this time it's almost certain who is it.
Nov 26, 2021 2:03 AM

Jul 2020
Way to go Hori, to choose the student who I literally don't care about to make the traitor.
Not only do I not care about her I'm also not surprised that she was the traitor.
Well, I'm still excited for the classmate's reaction. Gonna explain my full thoughts on it next chapter.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 26, 2021 5:01 AM

Jan 2014
usually, the MC are using the power of friendship, but this time, it's the villain that pull friendship move. interesting if I could say.

I wonder if UA already know about the traitor among them but decided to shut up until the time comes.
Nov 26, 2021 5:16 AM

Nov 2016
Well, it was easy for her to keep a poker face.

But I'll wait for the next chapter, this could be baitlike with Mineta

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2021 5:24 AM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

imagine she pulls a

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeNov 26, 2021 6:18 AM
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Nov 26, 2021 5:43 AM

Nov 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

imagine she pulls a

Damn son, you’re throwing around spoilers again.

But ngl, both reveals had the same effect on me 😐

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
anime-primeNov 26, 2021 6:19 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2021 6:32 AM
Jan 2018
Will there actually be a traitor in a manga story that is handled well? Only time will tell. I'm more interested in seeing how Izuku becomes the greatest hero. At this point, it's looking like the title will become his by default because all the strongest heroes are dead. That's not a satisfying way to take the W.
Nov 26, 2021 7:22 AM

Aug 2021
Ladies and Gentlemen, the traitor has been revealed. IMAGINE HER FACE, I BET SHE'S ALWAYS SMILING MENACINGLY. Also, remember the time she insisted class 1A to go to the mall? Then Deku encountered shigaraki, she probably set everything up so that deku and shigaraki would meet at the mall. There are no coincidence - Master Oogway. Remember when, she beat deku in the physical test? even though deku literally trained for months on the beach. Remember when Aoyama has been trying to warn deku but he couldn't say it out loud? Aoyoma said "Don't trust even the most transparent water".

Kuma said:
but oh well, at least it made sense. the tail guy would be soo heart broken. or maybe he will do something about it?
I mean, isn't that one of the things on how you make a plot twist, make a seemingly irrelevant character be important in the story

Scordolo said:
Way to go Hori, to choose the student who I literally don't care about to make the traitor.
Not only do I not care about her I'm also not surprised that she was the traitor.
Well, I'm still excited for the classmate's reaction. Gonna explain my full thoughts on it next chapter.
I don't think Hori was trying to make the readers care for her. Probably the reason why you didn't care about her because she was irrelevant and barely had screentime when that's basically the point of a traitor character. They're supposed to be ignored and not grab too much attention which she did. Ppl even sometimes forgot about her then that just means she did a great job not grabbing attention. Let's just hope she have an interesting backstory and what her goal is and why is she a traitor.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 27, 2021 8:36 AM
Nov 26, 2021 10:23 AM

Apr 2018
Most fans have no emotional attachment to the traitor so it didn't really feel like an awesome reveal. But, the build up was pretty good since chapter 50. Hopefully, she's not working out of free will with AFO, her family might be captured or something. Well, Shigaraki is crying his balls out so they got some time to get stronger.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 26, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2014
So it's looking like invisible girl is the traitor. I'm not gonna lie, I legit thought Hori forgot about the whole traitor plotline. That was hinted at so long ago and then pretty much never brought up again. Pretty meh traitor reveal, especially since it's one of the least relevant students in the class.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2009
Invisible Girl is the traitor eh i thought it was Laser Dude lol
Nov 26, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2016
So...the least developed character out of the entire class ends up being the traitor? Aight. I dunno if the author intended for the readers to be shocked or not, but if that's the case, then it's a massive fail cause literally nobody cared about her or felt attached to her. Like bruh, I remember all these Denki traitor theories and that would've been so much better because at least it would've been a character we felt attached to, but this...I rly couldn't care less, I never cared for her so I hope the author doesn't pull some sob backstory out of his ass to explain or justify why she's the traitor, either she ends up being a double agent, or she dies a traitor, and that's that.
Nov 26, 2021 12:39 PM
Jan 2018
I got to agree here that if *that* character is the traitor then it'll be a rather disappointing reveal considering the character's lack of presence (no pun intended) and impact throughout the story.

If it's a fakeout, though ... hmm...

I point to Blue Exorcist (Ao No Exorcist) as an example of an effective traitor character reveal.
It was completely out of left field at the time but the execution of the reveal was really effective and benefitted the manga's story as a whole.
Z-NitroNov 26, 2021 12:42 PM
Nov 26, 2021 2:48 PM
Nov 2016
I'm not complaining, If invisible girl is actually the traitor then that would be interesting, maybe we can finally see her face, she probably can turn her invisibility on/off at will.

AFO is one hell of a schemer, that guy implanted a traitor in the academy from the very beginning, if the other plans fails then he still has the traitor plan in motion.

I won't be surprised if his traitor plan ends up biting him in the ass though.
Nov 26, 2021 4:05 PM

Mar 2014
Eh can't say Im surprise if it is really the invisible girl...

Honestly I just wanna see what she looks like without being invisible, if its possible to undo her quirk. With how many "plans" OFA has got in his mind, can't wait to see what Hori has got for Deku and the others to win in the end.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Nov 26, 2021 4:22 PM

Jun 2017
Did the invisible girl like do...anything ever? lol

Probably one of the most "meh" characters in the cast so if it's really her the twist won't really redeem her.
Nov 26, 2021 5:45 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Even more praise for 1-A from All Might than usual this chapter. I'm not complaining with all the pretty panels that came with it.

This week may have been was a build-up, but it was still definitely an enjoyable one.
Nov 26, 2021 7:50 PM

Dec 2016
is an OK chapter ,
Toru Hagakure being the traitor is so obvious for a long time to me , because of how little she being develop in the series

The reveal is weak imo cuz she is not important so its wasn't a shock
Nov 26, 2021 10:21 PM

Jul 2020
Why the less replies? This was supposed to be something huge for Mha as a whole. Did people drop the Manga after Star's battle?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 27, 2021 1:44 AM

Aug 2020
Everyone here expected one of the students to be a traitor meanwhile there's me who didn't even know there was actually going to be one and somehow its the least interesting character.
Nov 27, 2021 5:04 AM
Dec 2018
istg ever since toru invited class 1-A to the mall to get stuff together and coincidently met shigaraki there is already pretty convincing that she is the traitor
Nov 27, 2021 5:22 AM
Jan 2018
Scordolo said:
Why the less replies? This was supposed to be something huge for Mha as a whole. Did people drop the Manga after Star's battle?

Maybe cause official translation releases tommorow?
Nov 27, 2021 8:41 AM

Jul 2020
Daryllkun said:
Ladies and Gentlemen, the traitor has been revealed. IMAGINE HER FACE, I BET SHE'S ALWAYS SMILING MENACINGLY. Also, remember the time she insisted class 1A to go to the mall? Then Deku encountered shigaraki, she probably set everything up so that deku and shigaraki would meet at the mall. There are no coincidence - Master Oogway. Remember when, she beat deku in the physical test? even though deku literally trained for months on the beach. Remember when Aoyama has been trying to warn deku but he couldn't say it out loud? Aoyoma said "Don't trust even the most transparent water".

Kuma said:
I mean, isn't that one of the things on how you make a plot twist, make a seemingly irrelevant character be important in the story

Scordolo said:
I don't think Hori was trying to make the readers care for her. Probably the reason why you didn't care about her because she was irrelevant and barely had screentime when that's basically the point of a traitor character. They're supposed to be ignored and not grab too much attention which she did. Ppl even sometimes forgot about her then that just means she did a great job not grabbing attention. Let's just hope she have an interesting backstory and what her goal is and why is she a traitor.

Agree with your points but, did he really need to make the traitor the most obvious student? It would be cool if Nezu also worked with her. I heard theories that Nezu could potentially be one of the Doctor's test subjects.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 27, 2021 9:43 AM

Aug 2021
Scordolo said:
Daryllkun said:

Agree with your points but, did he really need to make the traitor the most obvious student? It would be cool if Nezu also worked with her. I heard theories that Nezu could potentially be one of the Doctor's test subjects.
lol I was planning to not go back to this discussion thread because I thought ppl would disagree. Well, there were a couple of traitor candidates and the best/popular traitor candidates were Toru and Denki, Toru have better foreshadowing while Denki have better emotional attack but I guess Hori chose the character the he have been building up or foreshadowing for so long which is Toru. I would say that almost everyone knew that Dabi is the lost child of endeavour but despite that, the reveal was great and well-executed and I'm hoping I will feel and see that again next chapter and this time it's Traitor Reveal. Nezu could be a good one but I doubt it since he has helped UA a lot but if it will be then that would surprising and a better reveal. Also, the Toru we know might not even be the real Toru, so I'm excited to see the real her
27thEiffelNov 27, 2021 9:47 AM
Nov 27, 2021 9:57 AM

Jul 2020
Daryllkun said:
Scordolo said:

lol I was planning to not go back to this discussion thread because I thought ppl would disagree. Well, there were a couple of traitor candidates and the best/popular traitor candidates were Toru and Denki, Toru have better foreshadowing while Denki have better emotional attack but I guess Hori chose the character the he have been building up or foreshadowing for so long which is Toru. I would say that almost everyone knew that Dabi is the lost child of endeavour but despite that, the reveal was great and well-executed and I'm hoping I will feel and see that again next chapter and this time it's Traitor Reveal. Nezu could be a good one but I doubt it since he has helped UA a lot but if it will be then that would surprising and a better reveal. Also, the Toru we know might not even be the real Toru, so I'm excited to see the real her

We'll see in the next chapter if the reveal truly pays off or not. Cuz fully judging the reveal is too early.
I heard it was Hagakure that suggested to go shopping way back in season 2 and that was where Shigaraki confronted Deku 1 on 1 for the first time. So I guess that's some sick hidden foreshadowing.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 28, 2021 7:09 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Haha, the official American scans censored Hagakure, but honestly, it isn't much better.

Honestly, I don't like this reveal. While things might add up from it and it was a very popular theory a while back, narratively, it doesn't add any weight. Plus, what are the chances of the spy being in Deku's year in Deku's class when AFO didn't even know about Midoriya and that Midoriya would even be attending that school and that All Might transferred his quirk to him.

It would have been better if it was one of the big three from the year before Deku, or likewise one of the more known characters from his year. Or even a teacher. The only way it would make sense is if AFO somehow knew about Deku and where he would be and somehow got her in the same class as him. Honestly, it would be a bunch of stretches which would be even less convincing than it being happenstance. Either way, it is a little too convenient to be believable writing. Not everything needs to be connected to the main character....oh wait, it does.

Hopefully it's a fake out, but I doubt it. She was by far the most likely suspect this whole time.
Nov 28, 2021 7:35 AM

Apr 2020
It's pretty underwhelming that the traitor ended up being the most predictable option but Horikoshi didn't have much of a choice but to use one of the students we don't care about as the traitor since we already know too much about the ones we do care about for them to logically be the traitor.

I'll cringe if Horikoshi expects us to care about her practically nonexistent relationship with any of the main students.

Nov 28, 2021 7:59 AM
Sep 2018
Mark it: Hagakure is a Nomu like Kurogiri.
Nov 28, 2021 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
Hagakure is the traitor? WTF!
Nov 28, 2021 11:59 AM
Oct 2019
Ok she may be a boring character but lets be honest, if u want a spy u want an undetectable one and AFO is the big bad guy in a smart way having followers that are usually loyal and do things how they supposed to if he wanted a spy and ordered her to keep her presence low she did the perfect job from the characters perspective regardless of how lame it would be for the readers. Now the other obviously useful option would the the mindcontrolling dude but afo would probably prefer to steal his quirk rather than have him as a spy so that would be more stupid to do from the characters perspective even if more interesting for the readers
Nov 28, 2021 3:12 PM

Jul 2013
Finally the traitor is revealed... and I feel nothing. Let's see how this plot will play out.
Nov 28, 2021 6:04 PM
Nov 2019
I have no idea how to feel about the traitor reveal. I was pretty much convinced there wasn't one after all and that it was a dropped plot point, only for it to just come back out of nowhere. The reveal itself didn't make me feel shocked or even excited at all, but I also don't think that this is all there is to it.
Nov 28, 2021 7:07 PM
Sep 2021
Many people are losing there minds thinking that Hakagure is the traitor. She may not be the traitor. For all we know, she could probably be sent on a stealth mission by Aizawa-sensei to scout AFO and his base. We gotta wait until the next chapter to truly understand why she is there.( Also, it might be another person with the invisibility quirk, not necessarily Hakagure.)
Nov 28, 2021 9:05 PM
Mar 2015
Body count chapter Shigeraki will not be happy while someone still remembers All MIght
Nov 28, 2021 9:55 PM
May 2018
Would be funny if it was a bait-and-switch and Hagakure in the last panel was actually sneaking up on the real traitor. Probably not though.
Nov 29, 2021 3:59 AM

Aug 2021
why are some ppl complaining that Toru is the traitor, and not Denki, Kirishima, etc. Do they only care for emotional attack than logic or that actually make sense? No one could pull off such stealth-based missions without anyone batting an eye or questioning except Toru. Why would AFO choose denki or any other student? wherein a student that is invisible exist lol
27thEiffelNov 29, 2021 4:03 AM
Nov 29, 2021 5:39 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Daryllkun said:
why are some ppl complaining that Toru is the traitor, and not Denki, Kirishima, etc. Do they only care for emotional attack than logic or that actually make sense? No one could pull off such stealth-based missions without anyone batting an eye or questioning except Toru. Why would AFO choose denki or any other student? wherein a student that is invisible exist lol

It's just not exciting or shocking. I mean it really just has no emotional value. Like look I'm not really down on this either but when Aoyama was sort of set up to be the traitor. It was a lot more interesting wise (and heck he could still play into things). But having Hagakure kind of be barley around and barley a personality is sort of "meh" even to me.

I mean Hori admits that he only put her in early on so he'd have one less kid to draw, he originally wanted to have Ibara but no way he was drawing that hair that often lmao.
Nov 30, 2021 7:47 PM
Jul 2019
Wow, this dropped the ball in the most tragic way possible.

Dec 2, 2021 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
Traitor plot wasn't forgotten? This better not be a fake out.
Dec 7, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
Well, well, well... Talk about forgotten topics... So it turns out the rumour that there are traitors among the students are not just an overblown paranoid-induced hypothesis all along!

Jan 1, 2022 11:32 AM

Feb 2018
Hagakure's the traitor? Goddamn... although many characters could be the traitor she's definitely one of THE MOST sus students of the class..
Apr 10, 2022 7:44 AM

Feb 2021
Welp looks like we forgot about the whole UA traitor thing.

Now that I think Hagakure is the perfect traitor and spy. Her invisibility gives her so much lease.

Aug 23, 2022 2:01 AM

Feb 2019
Nice bit of downtime, I like the way they show both the villains and 1-A gearing up for the fight.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 424 Discussion

deg - May 29

22 by IzanaSolos »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters left?

cungedogawa - May 26

15 by deg »»
Today, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 423 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - May 15

52 by subahokke »»
Yesterday, 4:26 PM

» Why does this show have a tumblr like fanbase?

Deathlydash - May 24

1 by KayKimii »»
May 24, 12:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 376 Discussion

alphazero4um - Dec 22, 2022

28 by KoniginElle »»
May 21, 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.