Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (38) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2021 12:29 PM

Jun 2014
i can't tell if the 1/5 is genuine or bots at this point lmao

Jan 2016
8/10 because it was a 10/10 up until this point

I'm convinced that Isayama either changed his ending late on or just wasn't allowed to write the ending he wanted. The man is a genius and this just isn't like him at all

I might just be delusional but yea
Jul 2018
Mamiya-Takuji said:
Rating already dropped to 8.76. Place your bets, how low will it go?
probably 8.5 to 8.6, may go far lower though.
Apr 7, 2021 12:31 PM
Oct 2020
Aleph199X said:

It's like the entirety of the series up till now has been a waste.

IT WAS ME REINER I KILLED MY MOM. What a joke. Yams is a hack
Apr 7, 2021 12:32 PM
May 2020
This ending is just like Death Note. The ending itself is bittersweet and not that afwul but because (chap 1-124) are so well written that it puts this ending to shame, the manga was so good but sadly It turned out like this. I give it an 8/10 or 7/10 but Attack on Titan is now nowhere near a Masterpiece material.

Well then...it was a fun ride. Probally gonna remember this for a while.

Thx Issyami, for making such a good manga up until a certian point.
Well..

Apr 7, 2021 12:32 PM
Dec 2020
arthur_morgan2 said:
when does the #releasethemistcut starts trending?!
boy I hope AoT fans do that like the DC fans. Nobody can tell me That this is the ending isayama wanted. He wrote 123-131 masterpiece chapters just to fuck up the last 6-7 chapters. I’m pretty sure that the Japanese audience did want this type of ending, someone was pushing isayama to this only a brain dead mangaka could do that. Mangas like bleach or naruto got worse 100-150 chapters before the ending, not with the last 6-7
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Apr 7, 2021 12:33 PM

Sep 2017
>countless lives have been lost and survivors also will suffer from lingering wounds
>as the world overwhelmed by loss feared
>Eldia country created an "army" that is led by Jager faction and spent every day to build up its military
>from the fear of retaliation from survived humans overseas
>the island shouts in unity
>we will survive if we win
>we will die if we lose
>if you do not fight you cannot win
>fight
>fight
>Eldia and the world. This war won't end until one of them disappears
>Eren's words might have been true afterall
>but Eren decided to leave this world to us
>the one we live in right now
Apr 7, 2021 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
HEDGEHOG10 said:

Its real, just look at this thread and the chapter leaks thread, also the votes have been steadily increasing. In fact I can tell you with 100% confidence that the current votes have not been botted yet.

It is that fucking bad, the chapter's almost fully translated right now and almost no one likes that shit other than people just happy their favorites lived.
All life is a prelude to death.
Apr 7, 2021 12:34 PM
Oct 2019
An uncle who works as a butcher near my place is very well known all over the town.
But now I have really seen the best Butcher of all time. Someone create one such award and please nominate him for the same.
Apr 7, 2021 12:36 PM

Sep 2016
Floch died for this!!! He fougth his damnest for Eren but that bastard got heartbroken over Mikasa and decided to fucking die?!!!!

Godamnit this is the worst. This ending managed to be lower than our worst expectation!!!!
Apr 7, 2021 12:37 PM
Apr 2020
Fucking trash ending, isayama wants us to believe ymir actually loved the king what a joke lmfao. #fuckoffisayama. Hopefully mappa decides to drop this anime soon too just like wit studios. Hope isayama won't be able to make any more money out of this shitshow. Hope the rating drops to 6 or below now. Lmfao this chapter so bad it actually feels written by a cringe 12 y/o dumbass ffs.

Jul 2012
Kalyteros said:
Ending wasn't great. Predicted it would end the way it did. I don't know Korean so I can't read translations. It's a happy ending-esc. Oh well, not the best ending but certainly not the worse.

Giving this anime a 1/10 for an ending is pretty fucking stupid lmao. I think the series as a whole is a 8/10, ending definitely took it down, but everyone in this forum should go outside and stop screaming at a forum

This is not an anime. You are so unrelated to it that you dont even know what you are commenting at.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 2018
Garbage ending!
I have nothing else to say.
Apr 7, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
HEDGEHOG10 said:

Even reddit hates it. I dont mean titanfolk but the more casual fan reddits. It is genuine 1/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2018
why doesn't it let me edit this post damn it

nvm
removed-userApr 25, 2023 7:40 AM
Feb 2020
Fake chapter because no Yelena or Onyankopon
Apr 2015
Completely disagree with the notion that this shit deserves anything more than a 1/10. Yes, the series was great, but the ending was so shit that I can't imagine myself ever enjoying it again. It has retroactively ruined everything that came up until now.

It's like roller coaster ride. No matter how much fun you had while on it, if it ends with a crash that leaves you in a hospital, you're not going to think "at least the ride was fun."

This is the single worst ending I've seen in anything, ever.
Apr 7, 2021 12:42 PM

Mar 2018
Damn I’m staring to genuinely wonder if there has ever been a ending in the history of forever with a large fanbase that has been well perceived. I don’t understand what was so bad about this ending it was good to me. This whole thing is kind of funny tho ngl
Nov 2019
Thank you, Isayama.
Now I believe season 4 part 2 doesn't deserve any effort actually after all.
A shitty adaptation for a totally deserved shitty ending. It's not that Isayama is a bad writer.
He just chose to execute a bad ending and he totally knows he is going to disappoint his fans with such an excuse of an ending.
How did he even think he is going to satisfy the fans like that with such an ending as he claimed before? How did he think the fans would accept this? Extremely disappointing, now I have no hopes for the anime actually, unless they will be going with an anime original ending.....

Apr 2020
I have not read the chapter yet ....

... do you think there is a possibility of anime original ending?

The reactions are very negative
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Apr 7, 2021 12:43 PM

Dec 2015
"When i learned Yams botched the ending, i was so disappointed."
-Aaron Yogurt
Imagine reading this garbage for twelve years just for it to end like this.
1/10
Apr 7, 2021 12:44 PM
Aug 2020
This reminds me of GOTS8 ending so much lol. Wtf Isayama!!
I believe this is not your real ending. This is his editors and other higher ups influencing and changing his ending.

What a waster of 12 years just to have a copy paste code geass ending. my goodness. what a disappointing ending. Can't believe all those plots are drained to this incel ending.
Apr 7, 2021 12:46 PM
Apr 2017
Most of the people in comment sections are homicidal maniac. These people can't accept happy ending. Most of them are obsessed with Eren winning & Mass Genocide. Remember Genocide is never an option. Everyone deserves a happy ending. What happened to Eren was bad but he was to obsessed with world destruction.
But I loved the ending. Any person who does not support mass genocide will support this ending. Also Jean, Connie is alive. Levi is alive. Titans turning to human. Curse is lifted. What more do you want??
No But people too obsessed with Eren Yeager. LOL.
I liked the ending. Hell Yeah Isayama.
Those who did not liked it can eat each others head for all I care lol.
Mahdir99Apr 7, 2021 3:07 PM
Apr 7, 2021 12:47 PM

Feb 2021
i was saying as a joke how it would be great if isayama did a troll ending. how 😂🤣😂🤣😂
he probably did it on purpose. maybe he just got bored of drawing manga and decided he might as well do a troll ending since he's gonna move on to something else. onsen owner or whatever.

Protesters, assemble!!
Apr 7, 2021 12:47 PM

Feb 2018
MPanah said:

No way...Like I said before majority will like this ending, just scroll trough #aot139spoilers on twitter and you'll see people are liking it. If manga sucks anime adaptation will not fix anything just look at Promised Neverland and Tokyo Ghoul where anime was actually even worse cuz the studio just wanted to get rid of it asap.
Apr 7, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
I still can't process that Eren wanted Misaka.

Like, mothfucker she was obsessing's over you the entire series but only now you decided that you actually loves her and start acting like an incle in how you want to keep for yourself !!? How dump can one be.

Apr 7, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
HEDGEHOG10 said:

Nobody likes this ending. Even the reddit fanboys who kept defending it all throughout the mediocre rumbling arc are dunking on it right now.
PernodiApr 7, 2021 12:53 PM

Jun 2019
Mahdir99 said:
Most of the people in comment sections are homicidal maniac. These people can't accept happy ending. Most of them are obsessed with Eren winning & Mass Genocide. Remember Genocide is never an option. Everyone deserves a happy ending. What happened to Eren was bad but he was to obsessed with world destruction.
But I loved the ending. Any person who does not support mass genocide will support this ending. Also Jean, Connie is alive. Levi is alive. Titans turning to human. Curse is lifted. What more do you want??
Those who did not liked it can eat each other head for all I care lol.

You forgot to add the /s at the end of your post

May 2018
Pernodi said:
Floch was right all along... He didn't deserve to go out like that.

King floch died for nothing.
Apr 7, 2021 12:51 PM

Feb 2021
Devil_Slayer said:

Like, mothfucker she was obsessing's over you the entire series but only now you decided that you actually loves her and start acting like an incle in how you want to keep for yourself !!? How dump can one be.

there was an interview with isayama that eren never saw mikasa in a romantic way, but much more like an overprotective mother(wtf!!!).
Apr 7, 2021 12:53 PM

Mar 2019
Mahdir99 said:
I envy you. I wish I could've enjoyed this atrocity.
Apr 7, 2021 12:53 PM

Nov 2016
IronGhost115 said:
MPanah said:

No way...Like I said before majority will like this ending, just scroll trough #aot139spoilers on twitter and you'll see people are liking it. If manga sucks anime adaptation will not fix anything just look at Promised Neverland and Tokyo Ghoul where anime was actually even worse cuz the studio just wanted to get rid of it asap.

Stop being delusional.

First of all, twitter is not the majority, in fact it is mostly known to be a circlejerk around a few popular accounts.

Second of all, that's a fucking lie and you know it, almost everyone commenting on the chapter translation tweets is saying this is shit writing, the people praising it on #aot139spoilers are literally just Mikasa fanboys/fangirls and people happy their favorites lived, that's it.
All life is a prelude to death.
Apr 7, 2021 12:54 PM
Aug 2020
Devil_Slayer said:

This is called character assassination. I honestly believe Isayama rushed the ending. I refuse to believe this was the ending he planned years ago. He was probably rushed by his publishers to end the manga. I hope he has the power to change some stuff when the second half of season 4 is released, especially the ending.
Apr 7, 2021 12:55 PM

Jul 2019
From Twitter translation guy Plaviuk:

"Eldia. The world. One must disappear for the other to live. I don't think Eren did anything wrong. Nobody can say they know for sure. But he left this world to us, to me. I chose this path. And because of Eren, we now can live" (HISTORIA)

BIG YIKES
Apr 7, 2021 12:55 PM

Apr 2020
IronGhost115 said:
MPanah said:

......At least we can hope that Part Two ends at Chapter 131?
"Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder"~Rumi

Apr 7, 2021 12:56 PM

Jul 2012
Mahdir99 said:

Its like you people read without actually giving a fuck about the story.

> Most of them are obsessed with Eren winning & Mass Genocide. Any person who does not support mass genocide will support this ending

Wrong. Most people who wanted a peace ending still disliked the chapter. Its not the end results but how it was achieved. And it was truly horrible.

>Jean, Connie is alive. Levi is alive. Titans turning to human. Curse is lifted. What more do you want??

Yes Jean and Connie titanizing 1 chapter ago and reverting it the next one is great writing. Levi alive in a wheelchair, lost everyone and surviving through asspulls. Great writing
Apr 7, 2021 12:57 PM

May 2018
Pernodi said:
HEDGEHOG10 said:

Nobody likes this ending. Even the reddit fanboys who kept defending it all throughout the mediocre rumbling arc are dunking on it right now.

Go on ryeager bomb.
Apr 7, 2021 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
LordSchrodinger said:
tirthasg said:
What the hell is this generic lovey-dovey garbage? Is this for real? Nothing makes sense at all. I have never been so angry and disappointed in my life. This ended with the worst possible way. At this point, I feel like Isayama-san's bad ending where everyone dies would have been so much better. I don't know what to say anymore. I'm dumbstruck.

10/10 manga crashes down to 7/10 for this miserable ending.

What's sad is that we'll see the same ending happen in the anime in like a year. I wonder if people will even watch it with the same excitement anymore

I'll watch till the end of chapter 123 and pretend that's where the show ended. I simply can't accept this nonsense. On a side note, I won't feel bad if MAPPA's production quality is mediocre. There's no hype anymore.
Apr 7, 2021 12:58 PM

Jun 2020
ShayanP said:
Genuinely never seen a more autistic fanbase than AoT’s.

Just the sheer level of contradiction and dumbfuckery in people here and their “criticisms” is enough to put them on a new tier of ‘braindead consumer opinion hive’ than even The Last of Us Part 2’s detractors — which similarly shat on a magnificent product because, frankly, these people are way, way too fucking dense to be able to comprehend (let alone enjoy) complex storytelling like this. Yes, that’s a Rick & Morty meme, but it also just happens to be 100% fucking true in certain cases such as these.

Autistic AoT fanbase: “Waaaaa 😡😭😡 Waaaaa wHeres muA EREN POV?!”

AoT Chapter 139: *shows Eren’s POV and how he wasn’t just a one-dimensional, genocidal maniac and was actually tormented over his personal feelings/ambitions juxtaposing his intimate relationship with Mikasa, Armin and the rest of his comrades etc.

Autistic AoT fanbase: “WaTS ThiS?! thiS ainT EDGY anD cooL!! 😡😡 he suPPOsed to want to KILL EVERYONE!! thEy ruiN EreN CHARAKTAR!! 😡😡 WhY is iT taking inTo accoUnt eveRy inteRpersOnal relatioNshiP establiShed in the serieS? Its like theYre tryiNg to maKe the prEVious 138 chApters relevant or something… Loolll how StuPid”

AoT Rumbling arc: *gives all the side characters actual purpose and pays dividends to their character development by making them succeed in standing against genocide and saving the world. A perfectly suspenseful, intense finale where you felt like anyone could die and no cop-out with a peaceful ending. The most important character does indeed die — staying true to the tone of the series.

Autistic AoT fanbase: “Ohhh NOooOo 😰😰 mUa EDgy cool genocidAL mAin protagonist didnt win!! How aM i SupposeD to shoW my non-anime friEnds how hArd and edGy i Am for LikiNG japAnese cartOons NoW? Gosh i Sure hope thEy stiLL think iM COOL and EDGY 😰😰😰 FUCK isAyama. AttAck on TiTan trASH now even tho everything in the ending makes perfect logical and thematic sense and has been built up and foreshadowed since chapter 1 😡😡😡”

The only valid criticism here is in regards to everyone becoming titanised and then quickly turning back to human later. That was indeed bullshit, but you are a complete hypocrite if you don’t think this has been AoT’s schtick since the very beginning.

Episode 5: “Oh wow, Eren got eaten by a Titan! Wait, actually, nevermind. He’s back now and better than ever!”

Return to Shiganshina arc: “Oh no, Armin burnt to death! Wait no, convenient Titan serum. He’s back now, and again, better than ever!”

Just because those events were more purposeful doesn’t make them any less faux examples of tension building than what happened to Jean and Connie. It’s just unfortunate that Isayama couldn’t commit to these deaths as it would’ve made for a great send-off to Jean and Connie.

Anyways, this was a damn good finale. It’s not perfect, but it is certainly the best ending of any long-running manga series I’ve ever seen. Loved that final image of Levi saluting on his lonesome. Perfectly summarises his character and how he’s always been this lone wolf badass, living a life of isolation just from simply being stronger than every other soldier. It was very much worth it not to kill him in order to emphasise that aspect of his character in a beautiful visual way. Also loved how poetic it got at the end there with Eren being personified as the bird — which has been a constant symbol throughout the series. Job well done Isayama. 👏👏

Now we just need Miura and Oda to stick the landings of their series and we’ll officially have the big 3 most consistently well-written long-running pieces of fiction ever made!

Thank god. There are people that understand storytelling.
Apr 7, 2021 1:00 PM

Feb 2018
Food_poisoning said:

Stop being delusional.

First of all, twitter is not the majority, in fact it is mostly known to be a circlejerk around a few popular accounts.

Second of all, that's a fucking lie and you know it, almost everyone commenting on the chapter translation tweets is saying this is shit writing, the people praising it on #aot139spoilers are literally just Mikasa fanboys/fangirls and people happy their favorites lived, that's it.
You don't understand just how popular aot is, it goes way beyond just anime community...those fanboys that are happy cuz their favorites lived are the majority, it's always like this in leaks/typeset forums because mostly only hardcore fans look at leaks, when the official chapter releases or when anime comes out it's gonna get even worse with people praising this shit. It happened with both chapt. 137/138.
Apr 7, 2021 1:01 PM
Sep 2008
Ghost_BlackOps said:
cchigu said:
The most memorable shit about the whole franchise would be the fanbase getting anal raped by Isayama.

Lmao, and you people had the audacity to compare Isayama's work with goddess Arakawa's xD
If you think FMAB is better than AOT, you literally are missing braincells and btw FMAB ends exactly just like AOT so I don't even understand your point? your dumb dude objectively speaking.
At least FMAB has a better ending than this one.

Jul 2019
IronGhost115 said:
Food_poisoning said:

Stop being delusional.

You don't understand just how popular aot is, it goes way beyond just anime community...those fanboys that are happy cuz their favorites lived are the majority, it's always like this in leaks/typeset forums because mostly only hardcore fans look at leaks, when the official chapter releases or when anime comes out it's gonna get even worse with people praising this shit. It happened with both chapt. 137/138.

137 is a goddamn masterpiece compared to this

Sep 2017
Paradis is fucked.
Apr 7, 2021 1:02 PM

Jan 2021
MAPPAEN said:
Does anyone knows anime/manga where the ending is justified and not rushed?
Because always when i finished completed manga or ongoing manga the authors always are f*cking up the ending. So yeah any reccomendations that won't dissappoint?
have you watched gintama? It's one of the best shounen anime/manga full of comedy & parody, some great action and emotional scenes as well. As for ending I haven't finished it yet so idk for sure but I have heard it's quite good
Apr 7, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2021
waiting for the translations to see if they repaid kiyomi's kindness.
Protesters, assemble!!
Apr 7, 2021 1:03 PM
Oct 2018
petterson_ said:
Worst ending of all time. Fuck you Isayama. 1/10 manga. Fucking piece of shit Japanese people can't write to save their god damned lives. Fuck.
can't take it seriously when you have jujutsu as your favorite anime
Apr 7, 2021 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
Holy shit reading through this thread has been absolute gold. I legit can't wait to see the chaotic meltdown that will occur once this gets animated. Peak comedy from this fandom, peak comedy. Part of me might actually miss the constant shitstorms.......ok I'm done lying lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 7, 2021 1:04 PM

Feb 2021
Fax001s said:
From Twitter translation guy Plaviuk:

"Eldia. The world. One must disappear for the other to live. I don't think Eren did anything wrong. Nobody can say they know for sure. But he left this world to us, to me. I chose this path. And because of Eren, we now can live" (HISTORIA)

BIG YIKES

that is some peak character assassinations right here, no one gets spared from hacksayama.
Apr 7, 2021 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
IronGhost115 said:
No way...Like I said before majority will like this ending, just scroll trough #aot139spoilers on twitter and you'll see people are liking it.

it depends on
twitter is made of crazy feminists and they didnt like the fact that Ymir loves her abuser. They say isayama is glorifying rape and pedophilia
They hating that
So the only ones that like the ending are hardcore Armin, Mikasa and Levi Stans
Apr 7, 2021 1:06 PM
Mar 2018
it was horrible i still can't believe he choose to slander eren's character
Pages (38) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 81 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - May 5, 2016

114 by CutieAnshin »»
Today, 12:49 AM

» Attack on Titan Author upset about Pro Genocide criticism

deg - Apr 6, 2022

28 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Yesterday, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 80 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

G_Spark233 - Apr 6, 2016

110 by CutieAnshin »»
May 25, 8:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 79 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Mar 5, 2016

103 by CutieAnshin »»
May 24, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 136 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Weebookey - Jan 6, 2021

298 by Berry-Vodka »»
May 21, 9:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.