Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2016 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
Well i was glad to see he got his quirk (for what it was worth at this point i guess)

but can somebody who read the manga tell me if things will pick up and if he will stop being a crying pussy ass bitch? because it is really getting on my nerves each episode with this show seeing him like that, it ruins it for me because i keep getting pissed off. :/
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 24, 2016 9:41 AM

Oct 2014
Just like everyone mentioned. So predictable, but yet still so enjoyable...

That rainbow barf though...(。>﹏<。)
(*゚∀゚)ノ
Apr 24, 2016 9:43 AM

Mar 2011
heinrich6745 said:
Well i was glad to see he got his quirk (for what it was worth at this point i guess)

but can somebody who read the manga tell me if things will pick up and if he will stop being a crying pussy ass bitch? because it is really getting on my nerves each episode with this show seeing him like that, it ruins it for me because i keep getting pissed off. :/

Don't worry, he'll stop soon that, just be patient cause it's part of his development and then we'll have our boy in action.

Beautiful episode, I'm really looking foward the next one. Izuku's mom is so cute.
Even though Ochako didn't have that many lines this episode, I'm starting to like her voice now.
Plus Ultra!
Apr 24, 2016 9:46 AM

May 2015
it was predictable.. but make me crying WHYYYYYYYYYY T.T
Apr 24, 2016 9:51 AM

Sep 2014
Topping out on rescue points, as expected of Deku :)
Apr 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Nov 2014
Hikari_Hoshisora said:

Don't worry, he'll stop soon that, just be patient cause it's part of his development and then we'll have our boy in action.

Okay thanks for letting me know, i hope it doesn't get dragged out and arrives soon, i am still going to watch it just gotta power through it.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Apr 24, 2016 9:55 AM
May 2015
This show needs to stop making me cry. The manga didn't work me up THIS much. XD Luckily, these were tears of joy today. I find Izuku easy to empathize with, at least so far, which is one of My Hero's good points IMO.
Also, that name drop!
Apr 24, 2016 10:04 AM

Aug 2014
Predictable but yet so enjoyable, few shows can really manage to pull that off so well.
Apr 24, 2016 10:12 AM

Jul 2009
Wow these students still don't get what it means to be a hero. Only glasses guy (and the girl) saw the important part. Don't praise Deku because his ability is awesome. Praise him because he did something none of you bastards even thought to do. Heroes are heroes because they save people. Duh.

Another awesome episode. Some people call it cliche but I don't see how else they can tell a story about an awesome kid becoming a legend. If he just passed normally what makes him different? Props to you Deku.
Apr 24, 2016 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was great!

Izuku saved that girl and passed the entrance exam for saving a life!
Apr 24, 2016 10:30 AM

Oct 2015
alpha_shadow said:
Wow that looked so painful, it didn't look so bad in the manga. Poor Deku...

Another great episode.

The pacing is very good. They are not rushing through. So he finally uses his Quirk for the first time and man was it awesome.

Deku is probably the only MC who cries every episode.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Apr 24, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
Punch was pretty cool. Understand why Deku reacted the way he did, but I didn't really have any reactions other than "wow, when is he going to get admitted already? oh finally."

Still a good show; here's to hoping it gets better from here.
I need sleep.
Apr 24, 2016 10:37 AM

Dec 2015
Fai said:
This continues to be by-the-book derivative shonen filled with cliches beyond even definition of cringe.

Literally not even single thing in the episode surprised me and most of the time it felt like I am watching early Nardo episodes...and thats not a good thing for a show that is supposedly second coming of jesus christ.

The MC is still unbearably whiny and annoying tryhard goodie two shoes with no redeeming qualities, the world is still poorly fleshed out and boringly black and white (superheroes and villains y'all!) and there's nothing to make this different from ten thousand shonen shows that already exist.

If this was in anyway good show, we could maybe deal with the idea of destruction that "superheroes" cause and how unrealistically taxing it is for the normal people and the world. We would get actual politics and social commentary about idea of superhero and how nothing is clearcut black and white and how foolish the idea itself is, but nope. Instead we have annoying whiny crybaby trying to git gud for four episodes already. There's nothng even resembling plot or meta-commentary or mystery. Cringe, cringe cringe.

So far this feels like I watched the same episode four times. And there's no real feel or hook that would make this feel like it's own thing. Its hard to drop the show halfway but if next episode does not do anything interesting, this is it for me.

This takes the superhero coat and puts it on generic shonen narrative. It would not be as insulting if shows like Tiger&Bunny, Concrete Revolutio or Samurai Flamenco did not exist, or if Bones was not doing conrevo's second season right now, but the fact at how by the book straightforward this is is just so annoying. Watching something as generic and boring as this just after pondering deep philosophical questions and meta narrative presented in Conrevo episode and just as you are waiting for show of the season, Re:Zero is the worst.

2/5 for the episode.
Please just drop it already if you find it bad. It's not gonna hook you and nobody likes to see complaining.
Anime sucks.
Apr 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2015
TiddlywinkUmbry said:
Fai said:

First of all: offtopic
Second of all: I already debunked that lie in previous threads.
third of all: logical fallacies never work during debate

Debunked? That's strange, all that I saw was statements being thrown around. Could you provide evidence for your statements because RWBY is still cliche ridden. Granted I will give it props for the silver eyes foreshadowing. But it is still a pretty bullshit overpowered skill developed to set apart the main character from the fodder. Just give up on BnH, the more anime you've watched the less refreshing it is, and I can tell you have some heavy personal bias on your rating. Take it like this, a lot of things that RWBY has done BnH has done, sometimes better, sometimes (One for all power up) worse. Here's some advice if you want something that implements cliches well, read Medaka Box.
RWBY isn't cliche ridden, it's just horrible in both writing and character development.
Anime sucks.
Apr 24, 2016 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
people bragging about Deku being a cry baby need to read the last arc in the manga.
do you people even know what is caracter develoment?
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Apr 24, 2016 10:55 AM

May 2010
God that must have hurt. I don't find it that cliche tbh. Just how many times we see a hero breaking his legs and arm to save a heroine? I can't recall many examples if any at all. The ones I can are from comedic anime, and hence don't count. I find this one pretty unique. Then again I am not the biggest action fan, and avoid stuff like that (unless it piques my interest) so ye my viewpoint isn't the most authentic.

And yes, I'm proud of Isuzu! Out of all the participants, he was the most heroic. Urara being the 2nd most.

And damn you Kacchan, Ochako is 100 of times better than you already. I hope they switch places soon as "favorited characters" here on this site.
Apr 24, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. Even if it wasn't too surprising.
Apr 24, 2016 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
Everyone talking about the show being predictable makes me laugh... The main character himself said that he becomes the greatest hero of all time in episode two. How is anything a surprise at this point? It really comes down to whether you enjoyed how it was executed or not. Surprise shouldn't be a factor at all.
Apr 24, 2016 11:21 AM
Apr 2016
Not sure how to feel about some of those animation cuts tbh, the show is so beautiful that it makes the more "meh" parts look way worse in comparison sometimes lmao. I'm so excited for Tsuyu next episode though, and Yuuga's seiyuu did a pretty good job, with all that french nonsense ^u^
Apr 24, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2015
can't believe i watched 4 episodes of a highschooler crying already, it's hard to swallow when the MCs range of emotion ranges from "crying" to "bawling"
Apr 24, 2016 11:45 AM

May 2015
Xublegos said:
people bragging about Deku being a cry baby need to read the last arc in the manga.
do you people even know what is caracter develoment?

oh my please don't spoil i love Deku crying T.T
Apr 24, 2016 11:48 AM

Feb 2016
I want to ask ! Was his mother that fat before ? When did she became fatty ? Also why did the nice girl bitch slap him before holding him in the air ? Couldnt she do it with out slapping the poor soul lol . Cliche anime but damn i am fucking enjoying it 5/5 ( though seriously you could tell whats going to happend but still PLUSE ULTRA)
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 24, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
Very good episode again! It's exciting and nice to find out how his new power works and get to know some new characters who might be important in future episodes. The girl is cute. And a very emotional ending again! I love his mom!

Well there is only one thing I'm a bit sad about. It's the fact that Deku has to fight with another ones power, because he doesn't have a quirk. I mean he's happy about it which is cool BUT wouldn't it be much better for him to find a way how he can fight with his own "human" skills?
Apr 24, 2016 11:55 AM

Nov 2014
Damn, that looked more painful than in manga.

Apr 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2012
hisokathebutcher said:
I want to ask ! Was his mother that fat before ? When did she became fatty ?

She gained weight in the 10 years since the flashback, as people age this sometimes happens.
Apr 24, 2016 11:56 AM

Nov 2014
I like nice girl..
Hi there
Apr 24, 2016 11:58 AM

Feb 2016
KazuHattori said:
Very good episode again! It's exciting and nice to find out how his new power works and get to know some new characters who might be important in future episodes. The girl is cute. And a very emotional ending again! I love his mom!

Well there is only one thing I'm a bit sad about. It's the fact that Deku has to fight with another ones power, because he doesn't have a quirk. I mean he's happy about it which is cool BUT wouldn't it be much better for him to find a way how he can fight with his own "human" skills?
i think not , because the high light was to show you that his courge ( heroic acts that he showed infront of almighty and saving nice girl in this episode ) is much more important than the quirk thing , though i dont think the show would have survived if he didnt have quirk because lets face it a show about a kid helping heroes by carring their bags or doing desk jobs for them sound like a real bad idea . Perhabs later on will find out the he is speical because he was able to control that kind of power ( almighty power )
hisokathebutcherApr 24, 2016 12:04 PM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 24, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2011
I honestly don't get why so many people are ragging on Deku. I mean, sure he cries.... like, a ton, but, even while he's scared he still has the courage to punch a giant robot in the face. He seems like a pretty cool guy to me. I honestly prefer him to the "lol so hot blooded" protagonists you see in almost every shounen.
Apr 24, 2016 12:03 PM

Feb 2016
animefan8800 said:
hisokathebutcher said:
I want to ask ! Was his mother that fat before ? When did she became fatty ?

She gained weight in the 10 years since the flashback, as people age this sometimes happens.
oh , i forgot that he was still a child when he visited the doctor .
Apr 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2013
It wasn't a bad episode, I really liked the fight and although the show is indeed predictable we know that because the MC said that he became a great hero in episode 1 or 2, so it was obvius what would happen.
The time after the battle and the cliffhangers could've been used for something else.

3/5 episode, pleasant but not great.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Apr 24, 2016 12:09 PM

Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
is that a signature or a spoiler ? lol ( 23 episodes on that mate )
Apr 24, 2016 12:15 PM

Nov 2014
That was dope. I'm glad it's getting better and better.
Apr 24, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2016
hisokathebutcher said:
Also why did the nice girl bitch slap him before holding him in the air ? Couldnt she do it with out slapping the poor soul lol

She has to touch things in order to make them float and she tried to touch Deku as fast as she could which led to him getting slapped
Apr 24, 2016 12:21 PM

Nov 2014
hisokathebutcher said:
ExTamplier said:
what are you talking about?

Apr 24, 2016 12:22 PM

Feb 2016
Lulupus said:
hisokathebutcher said:
Also why did the nice girl bitch slap him before holding him in the air ? Couldnt she do it with out slapping the poor soul lol

She has to touch things in order to make them float and she tried to touch Deku as fast as she could which led to him getting slapped
she could have just touch him lol , at first i thought because he saved her ( like a pride thing ) but yeah you are right
hisokathebutcherApr 24, 2016 12:30 PM
Apr 24, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
hisokathebutcher said:
ahem ahem * attack on titan *
Apr 24, 2016 12:24 PM

Nov 2014
hisokathebutcher said:
ExTamplier said:
It's been enough time for people to watch the show.

Apr 24, 2016 12:25 PM

Feb 2014
Ochako's rainbow barf cracked me up. Someone ate too much skittles I guess! XD

Anyway, this episode was very cliché, but that doesn't mean it was bad at all. Anyone who thinks almost all clichés are bad should look themselves in a mirror and ask that question again. =/

The execution for this episode was superb. Seeing Deku gaining the courage to jump up and smash the giant robot in one punch was impressive. Although he didn't get any points from the small robots, he gained a huge amount of rescue points and passed the exam inside the top 10.

The scene where he learnt that he passed the exam via the visual communication tool had me grinning like a fanboy. Best scene of the episode! =D
Apr 24, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2011
Another great episode!
It was very predictable like I'm pretty sure everybody watching knew that he was gonna make it via some miracle hidden scoring but even so it was fun to watch.

Epic punch too! Maybe next time he won't completely shatter his entire arm.
Apr 24, 2016 12:29 PM

Feb 2016
ExTamplier said:
hisokathebutcher said:
It's been enough time for people to watch the show.
then lets just spoil every pre 2000 animes out there lol . But hey its your signature , non of my business .
Apr 24, 2016 12:38 PM

Jan 2016
Waaaaait a sec...

So a character who is prominently green and is also often ridiculed for being powerless is trained by a charismatic teacher with a fearless smile who admires him for his perseverance, hard work, and courage, and acquires that teacher's signature ability, which grants him a huge power boost that severely hurts his own body. He only ever uses this ability for the sake of other people.

I now realize why i'm enjoying this series so much!
It's Rock Lee: The Anime! Holy shit!
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Apr 24, 2016 12:40 PM

May 2013
Deku got 0 points but thanks to All Might's recommendation he managed to pass the exam.

With this slow pace we won't see anything particularly good but probably there will be a second season really soon.
Apr 24, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 2016
hisokathebutcher said:
Lulupus said:

she could have just touch him lol , at first i thought because he saved her ( like a pride thing ) but yeah you are right

She slapped him for the same reason you should roll after falling from a high height; just touching him would risk her breaking her arm, at the speed he was going. By slapping him, she sends him sideways, conserving the speed instead of trying to suddenly stop the speed with only her arms.

Still doesn't make complete sense physically speaking, but the basic logic behind it is somewhat sound.
"Now you have your answer. That's Fire Bomber. We don't know their past or future... they're just here. That's all there is." - Akiko Lips
Apr 24, 2016 12:45 PM

Feb 2015
Predictable but!
BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!!!!!
What i like the most from this episode is how the author/director describe the word of "Heroes" and put it into the MC's personality. LOVE IT A LOT!!! tbh, i have never seen something like that before. well if i have to say that it's similiar to Gatchaman Crowds but it has some difference and i really like how the girl want to help him too with the score. I LIKE IT A LOT! not only that! the soundtrack is so amazing!!!

Finally i can feel the greatness from this anime. looking foward to the next episode xD

The MC and the short hair girl are my fav character so far......not only their looks and power, their personality........I LOVE IT!
Apr 24, 2016 1:02 PM

Feb 2016
GhostofSide6 said:
hisokathebutcher said:

She slapped him for the same reason you should roll after falling from a high height; just touching him would risk her breaking her arm, at the speed he was going. By slapping him, she sends him sideways, conserving the speed instead of trying to suddenly stop the speed with only her arms.

Still doesn't make complete sense physically speaking, but the basic logic behind it is somewhat sound.
yeah i got what you mean , she slaped him so she could give him more tim before he hit the ground and use her power to hold him, but for crying out load that shit over every singel physical law out there lol . Reminde me when i was a child and thought maybe if someone throw me out of the window while am sitting on a CHAIR i would just leave the chair before i hit the ground ahahaha . So yeah the bitch slap was a killer logic because he would still fall down on stright line ( not side rolling )
hisokathebutcherApr 24, 2016 1:06 PM
Apr 24, 2016 1:06 PM
Mar 2009
This pretty much nails it. Amazing episode. I really love how emotionally captivating/motivating this series is so far.

Lelouch0202 said:
Amazing episode, Loved it through and through.

Deku's punch was animated even better than I thought.
One for All's animation was great as well and the punch was just epic.

The soundtrack fits so well with each scene, I can't help but praise it. Every scene is so much better cause of the stunning OST.
They even played All Might's tune through the All Might hologram XD

The final scene with Deku's admission into U.A was really emotional.
Go Deku! It's your Hero Academia! You deserved it :)

Surprisingly they showed the full scores(Rescue+Villain) for Midoriya,Ochako and the ones placed near them. If I remember correctly the full scores for everyone were only shown in the following chapters and not the ones adapted in this episode.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 24, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Daw11 said:
Deku got 0 points but thanks to All Might's recommendation he managed to pass the exam.

It's actually brought up the next day that All Might didn't let the academy know he even knew Izuku, he didn't want him to worry about getting in due to connections alone. All Might wasn't one of the judges for the exam, either.
Apr 24, 2016 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
This series is fucking awesome. Got so hyped when he jumped in the air and punched the giant robot :D
Apr 24, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2012
_Rodrigo said:
The episode was nice! Can anyone tell me if at some point the Anime gets darker, with deaths and things like that.

IceBreakerZ said:

That rainbow barf though...(。>﹏<。)
+1
Yes it does but no time soon at this pace. They animated 4 chapters in 4 episodes while the manga is much further ahead.
Apr 24, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2015
Seeing him take on that giant robot was great, the Smash was epic. And the whole second half with All Might telling him he has been accepted, left me with a big smile on my face. His mom is adorable.
ChutneyTooSpicyApr 24, 2016 2:03 PM

Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

278 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

297 by Apreggi »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2016

217 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

263 by Apreggi »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 15, 2016

334 by Apreggi »»
Today, 1:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.