Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2016 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Kei can't live in the village peacefully anymore!

Satou finally opened his eyes.
Apr 10, 2016 8:21 PM

May 2013
How the fuck were Kei and Kou moving after getting shot with the tranquilizers? Other than that I enjoyed the episode, and the anime overall. 7-8/10 for me.
Apr 10, 2016 8:22 PM

Oct 2009
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! That cliffhanger... literally ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Anyone knows where that stopped in the manga? I can't wait for the movie lol

I really love that old lady. She's so chill :V ahahahaha
Satou needs some of her chill

I like that Kei escaped with Kou, Kou is bae but where tf is Kai?! xD Poorr booyaa, his shinyu got another shinyu

gabrielrroiz said:
Comic_Sans said:
You know something's bad when it takes years for the ENG subbed version to come out and you have to watch it with French subtitles

1/10

Not even the yaoi bait at the end could save this

1/10 for ajin?
this show basically showed why tokyo ghoul sucked by presenting the same ideas way better

LOL agreed.

Apr 10, 2016 8:31 PM

Jul 2015
This episode was intense!

Satou opened his eyes 0_0
Apr 10, 2016 9:01 PM

Jan 2011
Ya I pretty much enjoyed this throughout. It's catch is pretty unique and the story conflicts are intriguing. Will be looking forward to the continuation.
Apr 10, 2016 9:02 PM
Dec 2015
Satou's eyes..... Omg I can't sleep now
Apr 10, 2016 9:04 PM
Jun 2015
This show has pretty awful writing but its a good popcorn flick. The CG is a interesting choice and hope to see more anime like this. I like how the characters often would not remain static in scenes and look and move around adding to the immersion. 6/10
Apr 10, 2016 9:06 PM

Oct 2011
Time to watch the movies to continue on then
Apr 10, 2016 9:14 PM

May 2010
This was the anime i looked forward to for the whole last season and now im even more hyped for the second and third movie. This is one of the very few shows where i enjoy the full CGI visuals (like in sidonia no kishi).

Very solid 9 out of 10. Had 2 of the best episodes i've seen this year.
Apr 10, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
I really thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy Ajin because of the CGI. But the story was too good. 8/10
Apr 10, 2016 9:47 PM
Jan 2015
ph4zoN said:
How the fuck were Kei and Kou moving after getting shot with the tranquilizers? Other than that I enjoyed the episode, and the anime overall. 7-8/10 for me.

Tosaki shot them both in hope of stopping the Ajin thus they regenerated in a perfect shape that's why they can move again.

CGI + great sounds like Sidonia this anime live up to my expectation except the building scene it should be an airplane nosedive but overall it was an exciting and fun ride 8.5/10. On end note Holy Mother of Cliffhanger we need a Season 2 for this anime and Season 3 for Sidonia make it happen Polygon Pictures.
Apr 10, 2016 9:51 PM
May 2013
TV anime is finished, next is the movie. Since the movie 1 was nearly 2 hrs long, and movie 2 will cover the latter part of the TV anime, does this mean movie 3 will be a sequel to the TV anime?
Apr 10, 2016 10:07 PM
Aug 2014
I give this anime a solid 8, it would be 9 if it was traditional animation and 10 if it was superb traditional animation.
Apr 10, 2016 10:12 PM

Oct 2014
Nice action this episode. I hope satou wont ever show his eyes again.

Overall I really enjoyed this anime so im hoping too see S2... I hope they make one.

8/10
Apr 10, 2016 10:36 PM

Jul 2015
Faded_Illusion said:
MetaThPr4h said:
I won't be able to sleep well after seeing Satou finally opening his eyes, that was scary.

Anyone knows from which chapter should I continue with the manga? The story is really interesting.

Chap 23 picks up right when Satou reveals the second wave

Thank you! Reading hype
Apr 10, 2016 10:54 PM
Jan 2016
Satou opens his eyes , Kei being a badass , Kou and Kei working together , Tosaki gets owned. A great finale to one of the most underrated shows of the season. Really looking forward to season 2.

5/5
Apr 10, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2015
You're right Kei, why don't they just leave the weeds alone? They'll just grow back anyway.It seems that bringing Kou along isn't the "wrong" choice after all. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 10, 2016 10:58 PM
Jan 2016
ph4zoN said:

Kei sorta snapped out of it after the rage scene , and Tosaki killed them too , basically 'reviving' Kei and Kou.
Apr 10, 2016 11:02 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Comic_Sans said:
You know something's bad when it takes years for the ENG subbed version to come out and you have to watch it with French subtitles

1/10

1/10 for ajin?
this show basically showed why tokyo ghoul sucked by presenting the same ideas way better
Lol no

It's just a shitty rip off
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 10, 2016 11:15 PM
Apr 2016
There will be no second season but a third film with the war between them.
Re:formed
Apr 10, 2016 11:37 PM

Apr 2015
This was AOTS for me. Amazing!
How is this doing in japan? I really hope it gets a 2nd season :/
Apr 10, 2016 11:54 PM

Nov 2015
Season 2 please!

Great final episode, the whole season build up to Nagai's actions were worth it, MC doing something useful at last.
The IBM action scenes were so good, it's interesting to see what makes Nagai different form the other Ajins out there.
While Satou's actions are bad but his objective of Ajins getting respect is likable (not him ruling the country though lol).
I don't understand why the government is treating them like that, like they are some aliens or shit!
Nevertheless, memorable season and a great story overall!
Apr 11, 2016 12:00 AM

Mar 2012
it started off decent but I grew largely bored as it went on, the main character kind of felt like a side show the entire 2nd half.very good main overarching plot plots were introduced, but i feel like the focus on Satou just turned diminished those plot points into a background story and created yet another "main villain who thirsts for power" route instead of keeping the focus on the struggles of Ajin which was what was initially appealing.

Overall, could have been done much better

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Apr 11, 2016 12:29 AM

Jun 2014
SEASON 2 WHEN?!

I really enjoyed this show. Like holy shit, I loved it.

I don't want to have to go watch the movies though, so I hope a season 2 will happen.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 11, 2016 1:39 AM

May 2009
First half of this show was really good, the second half wasn't as interesting, but I still liked it. Can't wait for the third movie, I guess I have to go and read manga.
“Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Apr 11, 2016 2:12 AM

Nov 2011
This was pretty interesting for the whole trip.

One thing I did really appreciate is how Nagai is essentially the Protagonist that nobody wants. Everything he does is out of self-interest, which makes it more interesting that we're just following him. The guy starts off without the emotions of a human really, but it does seem that becoming an Ajin is making him slightly more human (Rescuing the scientist and going back for the Ajin he trapped). Nagai is still fucked up, but it's a start.

I do wish that certain episodes were more well-developed, as it seemed like they were dragging it out a bit to make that point in the show the 'climax' (Pretty much once he gets to the old ladies' house). Aside from that though, it was enjoyable and I hope to see a second season soon.
RagixApr 11, 2016 2:15 AM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 11, 2016 2:57 AM
Apr 2016
*cough* no second season *cough*
Apr 11, 2016 2:59 AM

Oct 2014
I've been on MAL for over a year now and it's legit my first time writing anything in this community... bc Ajin had disappointed me THAT much in this episode's showdown

The whole season was a 9.5/10 for me right up until this episode.
I mean the trailer (finally) at the end of ep 12 got me like hOOOLLLLY SHIIITTTTTT is going to happen but...
There was no moment that really got me excited and dokidoki except only the final scene where Satou opened his eyes.. and I'm like... shit's getting real
I mean seriously Ajin, what the fuck is up with those shounen MC instant power ups like do you think this is Bleach???? do you think this is a fuckign joke???????
That part was so cringeworthy it's unbearable.. yes even more cringing than the Satou episode bc this is totally not something you'd have expected from Ajin, arguably the distinctively better series than others of the same setting/nature.
I would not really call this ending a cliffhanger though, as it is clear that the next season would be of another adventure/journey so at least we're not left hanging if the both of them even escaped the forest. So at least I've got that going on for me, which is nice.
Oh and Satou's declaration at the end... the only thing which got me real pumped up.
ryuudiationnApr 11, 2016 3:09 AM
I said with a posed look.
[centre][/centre]
Apr 11, 2016 4:31 AM

Sep 2015
Liked the action and Kei's limit break moment, lol. Maybe I missed something but shouldn't Tosaki be unable to see the IBMs?
Looking forward to the movie
Apr 11, 2016 4:37 AM
Apr 2016
starlabbu said:
Liked the action and Kei's limit break moment, lol. Maybe I missed something but shouldn't Tosaki be unable to see the IBMs?
Looking forward to the movie

You probably then missed the moment when police force had seen the IBM previous episode. Under normal circumstances they are not visible to not-Ajin, but there he was under a great deal of stress and the amount of his IBM's is possible since he has little control of it and it lacks quality in it's behaviour, like "Kuro-chan" that uses martial arts.
Apr 11, 2016 5:50 AM

Oct 2014
You know that when Satou opens his eyes, thing are about to get serious. I was kinda epecting Kei to escape with the other guy. I hope there will be a new season, or at least that the 3rd movie will be a continuation
why
Apr 11, 2016 6:16 AM

Sep 2014
Phew. What a finally.

A lot happened and it was amazing. Really like this clever and confident Kei. I guess on this episode we learned why he's "special", too, but most importantly he plans to take Satou out. Reaally excited to see movie 3 now.. .

Overall it was an exciting finally for a thrilling series.
Oh and that greedy villager was kind of annoying in the end.
Apr 11, 2016 6:39 AM

Apr 2013
Wow what a finale ~ Can't believe that's the end of Ajin, better watch the final movie then I guess tho I hope there will be a second season lol~ Need more Ajin. Every episode brought me so much excitement and suspense. The action this episode with the OST was superb and very fitting. Kei is a really interesting character tbh. I like his chemistry with Ko at the end there.

Comic_Sans said:

1/10

What? How is that even related? What does subs being late have to do with something being "bad"? LOL
Apr 11, 2016 7:04 AM
Apr 2016
LeFlower-kun said:
Wow what a finale ~ Can't believe that's the end of Ajin, better watch the final movie then I guess tho I hope there will be a second season lol~ Need more Ajin. Every episode brought me so much excitement and suspense. The action this episode with the OST was superb and very fitting. Kei is a really interesting character tbh. I like his chemistry with Ko at the end there.

Comic_Sans said:

1/10

What? How is that even related? What does subs being late have to do with something being "bad"? LOL

Probably since instant subtitles come out from official firms translating it to monetize it outside of Japan. Some "mainstream" crap and series like that are subbed almost close to the release time so that the mass of tasteless wildlife does not have to wait.
Apr 11, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2015
Sooo damn good. I need S2 like PRONTO. Why isn't this 24 episodes :(

They really ramped up the badassness in the final episode. Kei threatening his precious oba-chan but apologizing to her so cutely was nice to watch, as was Kei showcasing his insane IBM manufacturing abilities (and the sass - IBM telling Kei to shut up was gold). The IBM fight scenes were magnificent.

Kei saving Kou was a nice move (red herring for the police/audience when everyone thought he was going to give Kou up to save himself). Tosaki did try quite hard but not quite there yet! It was heartwarming to see them collaborate, that jump in the end was <3. Kou asking what 'worship' meant was so adorable. Annoyed Kei amuses me very greatly. It would be nice if they'd explained the rationale Kei took for changing his mind about fighting Satou though... he's fighting the futile fight just because the police won't leave him alone? Not that convincing imo.

Satou opening his eyes made me whoop! HYPE.

I will miss the wonderful OP and ED songs too. :(

Satisfying finale. 10/10, 9.5/10 overall (knocking off 0.5 because of the CG animation - the fugly stubble...)

thebrentinator24 said:
I find it a little weird that Nakano is still willing to follow Kei even though he imprisoned him and treated him like shit. I guess Kei saying he wants to take out Satou convinced Nakano enough...........

Kou is a total airhead. I wouldn't put it past him lol. Plus, Kei can be insanely convincing - although tbh a single "The police are here, are you with me or not" is probably enough to make Kou decide to follow. 2 are better than 1, after all.

Kou didn't even expect that Kei would change his mind about fighting Satou. That happy expression in the end was so endearing. :')
littlefujiApr 11, 2016 8:13 AM

"Everyone wants to carve their scars into someone else; everyone wants to connect with someone else." -- Sonozaki Noriko, Kiznaiver
Apr 11, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 2015
Kei managed to perfect his ability to control and produce IBM. The finale was awesome! ≧◡≦
Apr 11, 2016 8:47 AM

Jun 2012
liked this.

overall correct pacing, if a bit slow at times, a MC that wasn't a little bitch, great antagonists, interesting setting, fitting bgm etc.

however it needs a 2nd season, and a bit of animation refinement; liked it but think it could be a bit more fluid

don't care about anime original stuff, didn't take away from it

7/10
Apr 11, 2016 9:02 AM

Dec 2015
Excellent episode. I loved it. For a moment I thought about scoring it with 9/10 but kept it at 8/10 because the beginning of the anime was a bit boring. I have Parasyte (Kiseijuu) at 8/10 as well but there I liked did not like the end.

Here I loved the end. The whole episode was fun to watch. Police and hunting Ajin. (This was fun during the whole anime - also Satou vs. police.)

All that leading the the excellent few minutes with Satou's announcement and him opening his eyes. Really makes you want to watch more. (Hoping for a 2ns season.)

Either the source material already was that good or studio (director and other people) did a really good job. (Or both.)

Also liked most of the chars. Usually I don't like bad guys. But I love Satou. Also Tosaki. (I liked him especially since that 1 hospital flashback scene.) There is still a lot of interesting stuff that could happen. (Fight vs. Satou. Police trying to capture them. And the woman with Tosaki - I forgot her name - could be discovered by others. Would be interesting to see if Tosaki would protect her then.)
Apr 11, 2016 9:11 AM

Jul 2014
Damn, just as things start to really intensify and really get interesting, it just ends. Oh well, guess I'll be forced to watch the third movie to see how this conflict ends.

8/10, even with the CGI (which really wasn't that bad after getting used to it).
Apr 11, 2016 9:57 AM
Jan 2015
9/10. Goes without saying that I can't wait for the second season! I really like Satou and Kei
Apr 11, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2014
LeFlower-kun said:
All of the series I've watched that were subbed late have turned out to be terrible so far

Coincidence? I think not
Daniel_Naumov said:
Probably since instant subtitles come out from official firms translating it to monetize it outside of Japan. Some "mainstream" crap and series like that are subbed almost close to the release time so that the mass of tasteless wildlife does not have to wait.
>Implying I'm a mainstream fag
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 11, 2016 11:10 AM

May 2015
Damn, that final episode was epic. That ending when Satou opened his eyes. That's bad news to say the least. This show started off strong, but the second half got weaker because of the build-up. The final couple of episodes were strong once again, full of epic action. Guess we'll have to wait for the movie now. 8/10.
ReverberateApr 11, 2016 11:49 AM

Apr 11, 2016 11:28 AM
Nov 2010
While the story had a few things that weren't quite stable, it was still fairly interesting, including the direction it went in. The production was pretty good, in my opinion, even the CGI.

If there's another season, I'll probably watch it.
Apr 11, 2016 12:23 PM

Oct 2014
thebrentinator24 said:
The action and just about everything in this episode was really intense and exciting. I find it a little weird that Nakano is still willing to follow Kei even though he imprisoned him and treated him like shit. I guess Kei saying he wants to take out Satou convinced Nakano enough...........

Your entire comment pretty much echoed my thoughts about this series Although I gave it an 8. :P

I do have to wonder why Nakano was so willing to go with Kei, but I guess anything is better than being stuck inside of a truck trailer. I mean, could you imagine how hot it must have been in there? I'm surprised he didn't die of...wait, never mind. That just makes it worse.

---

Back on topic, I really liked this show. It was so exciting, and I love just how intelligent a lot of the characters are. Especially Satou. I found myself cheering for him during the SAT incident. Him opening his eyes is...frightening. Bad things are going to happen soon enough. Some very bad things, I imagine. Can't wait for the movies (or a second season if it ever gets made).
Apr 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Dec 2015
Comic_Sans said:

1/10

really? dont like it dont watch
this anime is defently 10\10 as for me...
Apr 11, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2014
Lelka_x2TT said:

this anime is definitely 10\10 as for me...
And how exactly do you expect me to form an opinion about it if I haven't watched it?

Bullshit argument is bullshit
Nico- said:
Apr 11, 2016 12:42 PM

Dec 2015
Comic_Sans said:
Lelka_x2TT said:

this anime is definitely 1010 as for me...
And how exactly do you expect me to form an opinion about it if I haven't watched it?

Bullshit argument is bullshit

plz this anime is everything buy bad every one who enjoy action etc... same genre anime would probably like it
this cant deserver 1/10 for any reason and you are ignorant as fuk...

that anime had a terible start and then went very well
especially the last 2 episode

you are probably of the people who hated on this because of the cgi and coudnt just ignore it and enjoy for what it doing well
Apr 11, 2016 12:43 PM

Mar 2014
Lelka_x2TT said:
plz this anime is everything buy bad every one who enjoy action etc... same genre anime would probably like it
I enjoy good action shows

Ajin is a bad action show, which is why I don't like it

Don't see what's so hard to understand
Because I have a different opinion and I dare to speak my mind?

Please
Nico- said:
Apr 11, 2016 12:52 PM

Oct 2014
Comic_Sans said:
Lelka_x2TT said:
I enjoy good action shows

Ajin is a bad action show, which is why I don't like it

Don't see what's so hard to understand
Because I have a different opinion and I dare to speak my mind?

Please

Why this anime is a bad action show?
I understand it has its fair share of bullshit(people not using their ibm when they were clearly supposed the police being complete useless and unable to find two teenagers that went thorugh hundreds of kilometers)
But if you compare it with shit like tokyo ghoul the show focuses on a small number of fleshed out characters the gore is fairly contianed(kei and kaneki torture shows that very well) and the mc is a way better edgelord with a understandable developmet
Apr 11, 2016 12:55 PM

Mar 2014
gabrielrroiz said:
Why this anime is a bad action show?
I understand it has its fair share of bullshit(people not using their ibm when they were clearly supposed the police being complete useless and unable to find two teenagers that went thorugh hundreds of kilometers)
But if you compare it with shit like tokyo ghoul the show focuses on a small number of fleshed out characters the gore is fairly contianed(kei and kaneki torture shows that very well) and the mc is a way better edgelord with a understandable developmet
Boring plot, boring and undeveloped characters, boring action scenes, boring and annoying music etc
TyrelApr 11, 2016 1:15 PM
Nico- said:
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» One of the worst Adaptation's Ever

Naveen6662246 - May 29

10 by myrmidon_mamori »»
May 29, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

155 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:46 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

148 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 8, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

81 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Ajin Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

111 by WolfWood37 »»
Apr 7, 9:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.