Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 »
Jul 27, 2015 3:08 AM

Aug 2014
Though it was actually a rock.
Jul 27, 2015 3:17 AM

Mar 2012
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Avenger-senpai said:

As for Lancer, I have not read about Cu Chulain but I'm assuming he received a mortal wound and kept fighting until his last breath(s) or something along those lines?

The anime doesn't tell you this but all servants have different skills they were either born with or have due to their feats.

One of Cu's is this

Battle Continuation (戦闘続行, Sentō Zokkō?, localized as Marshall) is the strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated.

A: Makes possible to fight even with deadly injuries and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.

Also

He is especially hard to kill, as told in the legend of the dying Cú Chulainn having tied himself to a tree to continue fiercely battling before taking his last breath. Being the best of the Servants at "surviving", he is able to take grievous wounds and still continue battling before succumbing to them, and possessing such a legend makes his dying struggle particularly fierce.

I see. I find it odd that Kirei didn't see that coming though.
Jul 27, 2015 3:23 AM

Aug 2013
Avenger-senpai said:

I see. I find it odd that Kirei didn't see that coming though.

He's kinda grown careless over the years.

Spending 10 years with Gil does that to a person.
Insertanamehere said:
Though it was actually a rock.

Onore TM wiki
Jul 27, 2015 3:31 AM

Aug 2014
Well the CM says tree and the VN says post so not really the wikis fault for once, I guess.
Jul 27, 2015 3:33 AM

Aug 2010
Avenger-senpai said:
I don't recall the Scabbard ever being discussed in the previous episodes (if so I must've missed it). It was hinted that his wounds healed faster than normal but during this episode it happened much quicker than before and even seems to be in a better fighting condition. It's overly convenient how he healed instantly unlike the previous times he was injured, hence why I consider it plot armor.

The scabbard was explored in detail in the Fate route, so...
Also, (Fate/Zero spoilers):
Jul 27, 2015 3:45 AM

Aug 2013
He's surprised because it healed him so much in a matter of seconds when previously it was shown to take a lot more time.
Jul 27, 2015 3:54 AM

Mar 2012
astroprogs said:
Avenger-senpai said:
I don't recall the Scabbard ever being discussed in the previous episodes (if so I must've missed it). It was hinted that his wounds healed faster than normal but during this episode it happened much quicker than before and even seems to be in a better fighting condition. It's overly convenient how he healed instantly unlike the previous times he was injured, hence why I consider it plot armor.

The scabbard was explored in detail in the Fate route, so...
Also, (Fate/Zero spoilers):

Never did I say that I was surprised by the scabbard. I said that it was never mentioned in the previous episodes. If someone were to start with this series it would be pretty random.

My issue is how it took him much longer to heal the wounds before yet he instantly heals during his fight with Archer.

As for F/Z, it's not like I watched it yesterday lol. Forgot about that particular part ;)
Jul 27, 2015 4:03 AM

Aug 2010
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
He's surprised because it healed him so much in a matter of seconds when previously it was shown to take a lot more time.

But it didn't really. The scabbard puts priority on keeping the holder alive first and foremost. It will take its time to fully heal big wounds, but heals what will keep him alive first and at an insane speed.
In episode 20 of ufoUBW we see the scabbard only stitching the wound together, not fully heal him. In episode 4 (and in Fate) we see that it can take up to one day for the full heal.
F/Z Spoiler:

Avenger-senpai said:
As for F/Z, it's not like I watched it yesterday lol. Forgot about that particular part ;)

Ah, ok that's understandable then :D
astroprogsJul 27, 2015 4:08 AM
Jul 27, 2015 4:49 AM

Mar 2012
astroprogs said:
DamnThatsTheSpot said:

But it didn't really. The scabbard puts priority on keeping the holder alive first and foremost. It will take its time to fully heal big wounds, but heals what will keep him alive first and at an insane speed.
In episode 20 of ufoUBW we see the scabbard only stitching the wound together, not fully heal him. In episode 4 (and in Fate) we see that it can take up to one day for the full heal.

But in episode 12 he's barely able to stand hours after getting wounded by Saber's sword. Though now that I think about it, maybe the reason that wound had a more severe effect was because it was Saber's sword that inflicted it? Would make sense I suppose.
Jul 27, 2015 4:50 AM

Aug 2014
Because Saber was under Casters control.
InsertanamehereJul 27, 2015 5:05 AM
Jul 27, 2015 4:58 AM

Aug 2010
Avenger-senpai said:
But in episode 12 he's barely able to stand hours after getting wounded by Saber's sword. Though now that I think about it, maybe the reason that wound had a more severe effect was because it was Saber's sword that inflicted it? Would make sense I suppose.

Actually it's because Saber wasn't in the general vicinity. Avalon needs Saber's mana to function, so once the contract was broken, Saber was unable to supply it with mana via their contract. In cases like this, Avalon will only function if Saber is at close proximity to supply it with mana.
F/Z spoiler:
Jul 27, 2015 5:15 AM

Mar 2012
I see, well glad that cleared some things up for me xD
Aug 14, 2015 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
Apparently, episode director had no idea that you can actually show characters fighting and talking at the same time. No, We must stop fighting in the order to explain viewers what they are watching because they are dumb and if we do that while showing some UBW, its even great, fuck this is terrible 2/5.
Lancer died for your sins, rip the second best character.
Aug 14, 2015 12:30 PM

May 2012
The ending was interesting but really why do they have to make it such a slow pacing?
Aug 17, 2015 7:44 PM
Jun 2013
They are really stretching this thing out...
Aug 18, 2015 2:45 AM

Jul 2007
animeguy17 said:

Not really? I fanything they are rushing really fast for w/e reason.
Aug 26, 2015 7:46 AM
Jun 2015
CookingPriest said:
animeguy17 said:

Not really? I fanything they are rushing really fast for w/e reason.

Ah, opinions. Wonderful opinions.
They're like assholes. Everybody has them.
And like assholes, sometimes they can be full of shit.
Aug 26, 2015 8:42 AM

Apr 2015
Alter_A said:

Ah, opinions. Wonderful opinions.
They're like assholes. Everybody has them.
And like assholes, sometimes they can be full of shit.

That'd be yours, then.
Oct 2, 2015 9:17 AM

May 2015
"Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right."

My friend said it's quotes like that which make him hate Shirou for his stupidity. I don't quite agree but to each his own.

At this rate it looks like Shirou's going to end up becoming Archer. Here's hoping he won't.

Also I love how Iri unintentionally saved Shirou's ass at the beginning of the series. I just really wish Saber would tell him that she knew Kiritsugu (though I guess he's figured that out by now?).
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 2, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2014
Anny555 said:

My friend said it's quotes like that which make him hate Shirou for his stupidity. I don't quite agree but to each his own.

At this rate it looks like Shirou's going to end up becoming Archer. Here's hoping he won't.

Also I love how Iri unintentionally saved Shirou's ass at the beginning of the series. I just really wish Saber would tell him that she knew Kiritsugu (though I guess he's figured that out by now?).

Irisviel didn't exist when the original story for UBW was written
Oct 3, 2015 8:08 AM

Jul 2007
Anny555 said:

The whole point of this fight is to show that Shirou is already walking a different path and has a different ideal than Archer. As Shirou has put it "they are two different people".
Archer is not teaching Shirou anything here. Shirou is teaching him.

Iri was not there when UBW was written. Its just an easter egg and Shirou would still be capable of summoning Saber here.
Oct 4, 2015 1:55 AM

Jan 2010
Avalon? I forgot that even existed in UBW. I just remember Shirou getting his strength back here through guts and hot-bloodedness. Well, I'll buy it for now. Also, I'm quite sure everything looking really pretty has been overstated multiple times by multiple people, but yeah, this show truly looks amazing. I think that's the one thing that this show can boast about with gusto.
Oct 4, 2015 2:47 AM

Nov 2014
Shocked said:
Avalon? I forgot that even existed in UBW. I just remember Shirou getting his strength back here through guts and hot-bloodedness.

It did heal Shirou in the VN, though only to the point of him being barely able to stand and fight back. With EMIYA playing in the background shortly after.
Oct 4, 2015 8:04 AM

Jul 2007
Shocked said:
Avalon? I forgot that even existed in UBW. I just remember Shirou getting his strength back here through guts and hot-bloodedness. Well, I'll buy it for now. Also, I'm quite sure everything looking really pretty has been overstated multiple times by multiple people, but yeah, this show truly looks amazing. I think that's the one thing that this show can boast about with gusto.

Avalon only should make him not die right there. It does not heal all his wounds instantly.
Everything else has to be Shirou's willpower which Anime failed to show.
Oct 4, 2015 8:14 AM

Oct 2014
The "it's not 1:1 like in the VN" parade continues even now? We get it already. Go play FGO or something.
Oct 4, 2015 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
VarunaBles said:
It did heal Shirou in the VN, though only to the point of him being barely able to stand and fight back. With EMIYA playing in the background shortly after.

CookingPriest said:
Avalon only should make him not die right there. It does not heal all his wounds instantly.

It's been a while, so while I remember the major events, I don't remember the details getting to those events. So while it's different, I'll go along with the anime to try and understand what ufotable is trying to do. Changes aren't done on a whim, so I'm curious to see what this entails.
Oct 5, 2015 10:06 AM

May 2015
CookingPriest said:
Anny555 said:

The whole point of this fight is to show that Shirou is already walking a different path and has a different ideal than Archer. As Shirou has put it "they are two different people".
Archer is not teaching Shirou anything here. Shirou is teaching him.

Iri was not there when UBW was written. Its just an easter egg and Shirou would still be capable of summoning Saber here.

They didn't even include that in the light novels/manga (not sure which it was)? And based on the way you're phrasing that it sounds like the visual novels came out before the light novels/mangaHuh. Well even if it's just an easter egg I'll interpret it that way lol.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

Oct 5, 2015 11:15 AM

Aug 2014
Anny555 said:
And based on the way you're phrasing that it sounds like the visual novels came out before the light novels/mangaHuh.

it did?
Oct 5, 2015 11:54 AM

May 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Anny555 said:
And based on the way you're phrasing that it sounds like the visual novels came out before the light novels/mangaHuh.

it did?

Okee dokee. That's what I was wondering. That's weird. I thought it was the other way around. :P

Oct 5, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2010
The "Fate/stay night" visual novel is the very first Fate/ material to be made.
Followed by the "Fate/hollow ataraxia" visual novel and then the "Fate/Zero" light novel.
Oct 5, 2015 4:56 PM

Sep 2014
Anny555 said:
Insertanamehere said:

it did?

Okee dokee. That's what I was wondering. That's weird. I thought it was the other way around. :P
nasu had originally conceived Fate(prototype) when he as in highschool whic h was i think during the late 80'. Fate/stay night VN came out in 2004, Fate/hollow ataraxia VN came out in 2005, Fate/zero LN came out in 2006. any manga and such is just an adaptation.
Oct 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Jul 2007
Shocked said:
VarunaBles said:

CookingPriest said:

It's been a while, so while I remember the major events, I don't remember the details getting to those events. So while it's different, I'll go along with the anime to try and understand what ufotable is trying to do. Changes aren't done on a whim, so I'm curious to see what this entails.

Rule of Cool. It looks flashier this way. Apparantly Ufotable did not care that this makes the whole moment into an asspull(instead of a showcase of determination and strength), but yes, it was done solely because they thought it would look flashier.
Maloghurst said:
any manga and such is just an adaptation.

A bad adaptation mind you.

FSN manga was a clusterfuck worse than both anime adaptations put together, while HF manga going on requires knowledge of the VN and has some questionable decisions.
Oct 10, 2015 9:58 PM
Mar 2013
There's a part where Shirou tells little shirou that's hell you're walking into. Notice the dark silhouettes, it's part of the imagery of little shirou having survivors guilt, the people who died whilst he survived. Fast forward a bit to where Archer warns him about the hell he's walking into, they're not there anymore. He's forsaken them a long time ago, and they're therefore no longer his driving force of upholding Kerry's ideals. So no, Shirou does not have survivors guilt anymore.
SwiftKillaOct 11, 2015 2:18 AM
Nov 19, 2015 9:04 PM

Jul 2012
Ahh, we find out how Shirou's been healing so fast.

One question, how come Lancer didn't die from being commanded to kill himself?
Nov 19, 2015 9:32 PM

May 2014
Ando- said:

One question, how come Lancer didn't die from being commanded to kill himself?

Cu Chulainn is known for being tenacious af, in his legend he tied himself to pole and kept fighting long after taking a mortal wound. (and then something about morphing into an inhuman slaughtering machine with 8 eyes, 3 arses ect idk)

As a heroic spirit this manifests as a skill called [Battle continuation B] Allowing him to keep fighting for a period of time after taking fatal damage.
Dec 3, 2015 8:04 AM
Nov 2015
this episode was epic
Dec 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Jan 2015
OMG Shiro said the Taboo words "I am the Bone of My Sword" :O
Dec 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Mar 2015
Madara22 said:
OMG Shiro said the Taboo words "I am the Bone of My Sword" :O

Your sig. Is. A. Walking. Spoiler. :V
Jan 7, 2016 9:09 AM
Jan 2010
I still can't believe how good this actually was, 10/10, all i wished for.
Apr 2, 2016 12:04 PM
May 2013
No Emiya , no complete chant ... this sucks,well at least the animation is good .
Apr 17, 2016 4:21 PM

Nov 2015
CuBro... you've been a hero till the very end... a true bro..
A minute of silence to Cu Chulainn!

Oh Archer... you are so weak now...
And Shirou has that OP Avalon...
Apr 18, 2016 2:10 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:

ITs not OP. It can't instantly repair serious wounds. Shirou is supposed to be barely standing in this fight at the end(which is why seeing him still do it even at impossible odds literally breaks Archer), alas ufotable thought it would be cooler to break the rules and turn it into a shonen moment.
Apr 18, 2016 11:03 AM

Nov 2015
Fai said:
HDarkmantis said:

ITs not OP. It can't instantly repair serious wounds. Shirou is supposed to be barely standing in this fight at the end(which is why seeing him still do it even at impossible odds literally breaks Archer), alas ufotable thought it would be cooler to break the rules and turn it into a shonen moment.

But in contrast, less OP but still OP. It should be passive, not that immediate (as it has been all this time with Shirou's injuries trough past episodes. Not instant.
Anyway, not that I'm trying to find any logic there jejeje.
Apr 18, 2016 11:15 AM

Mar 2016
Zarnaav said:
No Emiya , no complete chant ... this sucks,well at least the animation is good .

It comes at the end .
Apr 18, 2016 11:52 AM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:
Fai said:

But in contrast, less OP but still OP. It should be passive, not that immediate (as it has been all this time with Shirou's injuries trough past episodes. Not instant.
Anyway, not that I'm trying to find any logic there jejeje.

And yeah, Avalon is only supposed to barely keep him from dying here, since its even more weakened version than when he actually had a contract. He is supposed to have broken bones and vomiting blood and stuff, which is why Archer is so shocked Shirou is continuing the fight, because he should be passing out from pain of injuries alone.
May 10, 2016 1:17 AM

Sep 2011
Lancer was all like... "I'm dead! Just kidding. I'm dead! Just kidding. I'm dead! Just kidding." LOL
May 23, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
At least Kirei got to touch the oppai before he went.

Great episode, especially when it's a roll credits episode. Shirou's MC powers kicked in.

Unmei no Hi ~Tamashii tai Tamashii~ continues.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 10, 2016 11:53 AM
Aug 2014
@Fai I guess i take back what i said in episode 1 about Shirou being useless. He started being useful, and with that archer reveal i guess he was all the time :P
Jul 31, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2009
I think the anime is bad at explaining things. I might be wrong and they'll still explain, but there are several things I suppose without actually knowing. I don't have any knowledge from the visual novel, I'm anime-only, so I can judge the anime for what it is. And I think it is nice in itself, but probably too hasty and would be better with a little more episodes. I don't know why Gilgamesh or Kirei wanted Illya or Rin's heart, I don't know why the hell Shirou was magically cured (or was it explained somewhere in s1?), I don't really understand much of Illya's flashback and I also don't know for sure why Archer wants to kill Shirou so much? And, also, the explanation of what the hell is UBW was slippery. With a show with so many talks (and unconvenient ill-placed flashbacks), there's too little actual information. Also, about being a guardian or whatever Shirou has become in the future, what is the meaning of that? I feel like I'm missing SO much explanations that probably are in the VN.
"I've learned there are two currents of thoughts in human society. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life. And the opinion that there's nothing preferable to life". Wenli, Yang - LotGH
http://www.bluepasj.wordpress.com
Nov 2, 2016 5:54 PM

Mar 2010
Well, I'm guessing shiro will be spared and somehow alter his future. Or I'd be fine if it stayed the same and this scene keeps repeating itself lol.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (29) « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.