Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 16, 2009 10:33 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome but I can't help but feel that too much happened in the first episode plus it moved really quickly.

Jul 16, 2009 11:00 AM

Apr 2009
nice episode.
pretty good.

going forward
Nov 22, 2009 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
Good intro.. (rewatching) i need more posts =D..

I have watch this randomly on the Tv.. some episode I'd skip because of school.. so I will be watching this till the end
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Feb 19, 2010 7:54 AM
Aug 2009
It was a good first episode and you find out a lot
Jun 23, 2010 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
So olddddddddd, xD

haha
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jan 22, 2011 7:34 AM

Apr 2010
Pretty Good episode but it does feel like I'm watching half a season instead of one episode
Apr 19, 2011 8:30 PM

Jun 2009
Goddamn, that went by fast. I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing that the pacing is so fast. It's hard to really feel for the characters when things are rushed to this degree. For example, I didn't feel much for Iruka because his flashbacks went by so fast.

Still, it was a decent first episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 24, 2012 11:40 AM
Jan 2012
Nostalgia hits you hard!
Oct 27, 2012 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
Damn the days of a single shinobi who eventually becomes the stuff of legends, begins his path to become hokage.

I think it has been like 8 or 9 years since ive seen this episode.
ArtimesGamerOct 27, 2012 11:22 AM

Dec 2, 2012 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
I just watched my first episode of Naruto, ever. What the hell have I just gotten myself into?!?!
Dec 29, 2012 10:20 PM

May 2011
I seriously underestimated this show, or the beginning at least.

That was... beautiful, I actually got a bit of watery eyes. Iruka Sensei (Same guy who did Shuda/Shiba Kaien) and Mizuki's (Miki Shinichiro) Seiyuu's were a bonus for me.

Iruka Sensei and Naruto stole the episode for me overall though. Iruka grew up with no parents because of the boy standing before him, but he would still take a bullet for him, because that same boy also knows the same loneliness (That OST really suited the scene too). Their relationship is pretty funny too since their also teacher and student. That graduation scene at the end was great as well, I felt really bad for Naruto at first when everyone else was going home to their parents with the headband and he sat on the swings just looking at the 2 things he desired the most, but could never have. Man, Iruka Sensei is such a BRO! I really respect him.

5/5

The prologue was intriguing as well, I already "somewhat" know about the 4th Hokage but I'm still really interested in all the details.

I'm going all the way with Naruto from here on out, I've been won over! I've heard a lot of good and bad things about this show, but I'll have to see and judge that for myself. Also, we got a glimpse of Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru and Hinata this episode, I really can't wait until the entire cast (which is definitely going to be the best aspect of this show) comes together, especially Kakashi!
Kayaba-Dec 29, 2012 10:32 PM
Jan 22, 2013 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
Couldn't have said that better myself. Glad you love the show. Hope it's one that you get some enjoyment from.
Jan 22, 2013 2:24 AM
Sep 2012
-Shuda- said:
I seriously underestimated this show, or the beginning at least.

That was... beautiful, I actually got a bit of watery eyes. Iruka Sensei (Same guy who did Shuda/Shiba Kaien) and Mizuki's (Miki Shinichiro) Seiyuu's were a bonus for me.

Iruka Sensei and Naruto stole the episode for me overall though. Iruka grew up with no parents because of the boy standing before him, but he would still take a bullet for him, because that same boy also knows the same loneliness (That OST really suited the scene too). Their relationship is pretty funny too since their also teacher and student. That graduation scene at the end was great as well, I felt really bad for Naruto at first when everyone else was going home to their parents with the headband and he sat on the swings just looking at the 2 things he desired the most, but could never have. Man, Iruka Sensei is such a BRO! I really respect him.

5/5

The prologue was intriguing as well, I already "somewhat" know about the 4th Hokage but I'm still really interested in all the details.

I'm going all the way with Naruto from here on out, I've been won over! I've heard a lot of good and bad things about this show, but I'll have to see and judge that for myself. Also, we got a glimpse of Sakura, Sasuke, Shikamaru and Hinata this episode, I really can't wait until the entire cast (which is definitely going to be the best aspect of this show) comes together, especially Kakashi!

If that's what you think about the first episode, then you'll really get hooked
Aug 3, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was amazing, I am so glad I went on to watch this. I shouldn't have judged this series based off of the first 20 seconds of shippoden.

10/10, this ties with the yugioh first episode which is my favorite anime so hopefully this one turns out just as good.

Ninja + Magic = Pure awesomeness.
Aug 19, 2013 9:41 PM
May 2013
The music gets me soo pumped sometimes lol! Believe it!
Sep 2, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2011
I've never watch Naruto because of the bad reputation that's surrounding it, but somehow i convince myself to finally decide to watch the first episode and wow i was surprised that i like the first episode so much!!! It was hilarious yet sad yet exciting at the same time, I'm interested in that pink haired girl who try to celebrating cutely while she's actually a different person on the inside.
Oct 19, 2013 2:50 PM

Jul 2013
Wow... Naruto has really come a long way. Back in the old days when he could barely make a shadow clone.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2013 5:53 AM
Oct 2013
The Best Episode Ever ! :D
Nov 24, 2013 4:28 PM
Sep 2013
I remember my friends and I used to be so into Naruto back when it first started airing...I used to miss episodes on TV every once in a while, but I would always watch it. But as years went on, and it stopped airing on YTV, I stopped.

I kept telling myself that I was going to get back to it and I finally did tonight!

So many awesome memories! And what an awesome episode :D
Nov 26, 2013 7:30 PM

Nov 2012
I'm watching the series all the way through for the first time and doing video reviews! The review of episode 1 is here: http://youtu.be/Q9L9FfRj69w
Nov 26, 2013 7:32 PM

Nov 2013
nostalgia!
Feb 13, 2014 4:33 PM
Oct 2013
Minagatachi said:
Wow... Naruto has really come a long way. Back in the old days when he could barely make a shadow clone.

Well in all honesty, he could barely make a regular clone, which is easier compared to shadow clones.

Anyway this was such a great episodes, probably one of the reasons I wanted to watch through the entire series. It did seem to go fast, but I guess it was necessary for the first episode of the series.
Jun 17, 2014 5:28 PM

Feb 2013
I'm finally starting the last of the big 3 for me. The first episode was pretty good so we're off to a good start.
Jul 30, 2014 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
Epic.
The beginning of a legendary anime
Aug 9, 2014 2:43 AM
May 2012
Ahhh, Naruto~ How many years has it been already, huh??
I watched random episodes of you on our local TV station, some on Cartoon Network, and finally decided to watch you on the internet. It all happened around my childhood years. We decided to finally watch you from the very start until the end on the internet (English dubbed), and it was like, 5 or 6 years ago. After that, we decided to start Naruto: Shippuuden, too (English dubbed), but stopped because we want to pile the episodes up.
Years passed by, and I can't wait anymore. I want some Naruto again. That's why, I am going to watch you properly this time (Japanese dubbed), and pay much more attention.
This is really going to be a fun ride :3 I will always love Naruto, man <3 So much memories~
I almost cried when the OST started playing and Iruka was crying T^T Awesome first episode.
I am kinda surprised that Naruto's episode forum discussions doesn't have many replies :O
Well, let's do this!! Posts: 2431 :D
Aug 10, 2014 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
Tengai said:
This is really going to be a fun ride :3 I will always love Naruto, man <3 So much memories~
I almost cried when the OST started playing and Iruka was crying T^T Awesome first episode.
I am kinda surprised that Naruto's episode forum discussions doesn't have many replies :O

Yeah, that Iruka and Naruto moment is really touching. Yup, the forum discussions that have more replies are the filler ones, because there is lots of people that go there just to say: "I'll skip this" or "Boring" or something... Apart from that, it doesn't have many posts D:
Aug 26, 2014 6:34 PM
May 2012
Xowlreed said:
Tengai said:

Yeah, that Iruka and Naruto moment is really touching. Yup, the forum discussions that have more replies are the filler ones, because there is lots of people that go there just to say: "I'll skip this" or "Boring" or something... Apart from that, it doesn't have many posts D:

Now that I am finish re-watching Naruto, I saw what you are talking about ^^
Jan 6, 2015 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
What an awesome first episode!!! Naruto is so badass. Even though he was alone all his life, he never gave up. Plus, he got an awesome power-up. Nice. I can't wait to see how he turns out.
Jan 7, 2015 4:14 PM
Oct 2014
This was a bad idea.

I've avoiding the Naruto anime for at least a year now, ever since I started reading the manga and saw one or two later episodes of the anime (dubbed, unfortunately) and thought, well shit, that must have been one of the crappiest voice acting I've ever heard. But since then I've gotten into watching anime online subbed in english (the dubbed episodes I saw were in french), and I suddenly - today, of all times - got the inexplicable urge to start watching it after all.

No problem so far.

But the thing is - It is now 1 in the morning, and I have an important exam for college tomorrow - well, today, technically - at 8. And since the first subbed episode was actually much, MUCH better than what I was expecting, I get the feeling I'm going to be up all night watching Naruto....

Ugh. So much for passing exams.
Jan 9, 2015 1:59 PM

Nov 2014
Rewatching! Great first episode that has alot of info thrown at you. Great OST.
May 29, 2015 10:14 AM

Oct 2014
Great first episode to a big journey!! Can't wait what's next!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2015 10:32 PM

Aug 2015
What a great first episode! It's amazing how much information they give us in such a short amount of time, while at the same time giving us a good taste of what this anime is about.

Naruto is such a goofball, but I really feel for him knowing he's all alone and such an outcast. Plus, maybe I'm sappy, but Iruka nearly made me cry the way he protected and stood up for Naruto and said all those good things about him!

And wow, after not passing that final exam he managed to learn how to make all those shadow clones! So cool! ★5/5
Aug 7, 2015 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
Start of the best anime ever.
Sep 14, 2015 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
lol
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 27, 2015 11:12 PM

Jan 2015
The sound effects are so cheesy... the music is pretty good though! The animation isn't all that amazing, I was expecting something more like Gintama in animation quality. Seems like an okay series even if this was extremely fast. I wonder if all episodes will be like this.
Jan 5, 2016 2:13 PM

Dec 2015
Never watched Naruto before. I've heard both, good and bad about this show. I guess I avoided it since today because of the overwhelming popularity and because it didn't interest me that much. But today I thought ''hmm.. I wonder what's it like'' and decided to see for myself.
I must admit, the first episode was really good. You get a good overview and there's excitement in the air, so you want to watch more. I didn't feel that the pace was too fast, I think it was fine. I had enough time to start getting emotionally attached to the main characters. And it was all quite dramatic.
The graduation scene in the end was really sweet. I felt so glad.

The ED caught my eye! I like the song! I wonder if the next episode will be as good as this one.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jan 18, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2016
jinxiecan said:
Never watched Naruto before. I've heard both, good and bad about this show. I guess I avoided it since today because of the overwhelming popularity and because it didn't interest me that much. But today I thought ''hmm.. I wonder what's it like'' and decided to see for myself.
I must admit, the first episode was really good. You get a good overview and there's excitement in the air, so you want to watch more. I didn't feel that the pace was too fast, I think it was fine. I had enough time to start getting emotionally attached to the main characters. And it was all quite dramatic.
The graduation scene in the end was really sweet. I felt so glad.
The ED caught my eye! I like the song! I wonder if the next episode will be as good as this one.

are you still watching it? :)
Jan 18, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
GhassanB said:

Yes I am actually :) And so far I like it! I haven't reached very far yet (ep 19), but it has been very interesting up until that point! No setbacks until now.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Jan 18, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
jinxiecan said:
GhassanB said:

Yes I am actually :) And so far I like it! I haven't reached very far yet (ep 19), but it has been very interesting up until that point! No setbacks until now.

it'll get far more interesting after this,believe it!
Be patient and you'll be even more attached to it :D
Jun 3, 2016 9:52 PM
Jun 2016
Its nice loved the naruto series
Jun 4, 2016 4:30 PM
Jan 2016
I LOVE BLEACH OPENINGS !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtB-B5YnK60
Sep 30, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
it's weird how the first episode sets up a pretty good pacing when we all know the anime is really ridiculously long. if the full series was like this i don't think it would have taken me so long to give it a try [although this is probably my 10th time or something].

but i read the manga, and the thing i like about naruto is that he isn't the typical good for nothing MC that gets super powerful out of nowhere. he's a bit annoying but i really like his personality after all.

sakura and sasuke are still annoying as hell, but we can't have everything, right?
Jan 9, 2017 10:09 AM
Dec 2014
Ok episode.

Wiziliz said:
The sound effects are so cheesy... the music is pretty good though! The animation isn't all that amazing, I was expecting something more like Gintama in animation quality. Seems like an okay series even if this was extremely fast. I wonder if all episodes will be like this.

Naruto came 5 years before Gintama,
It's not logic to expect the same animation quality as Gintama.
Jan 9, 2017 5:54 PM

Jan 2015
small44 said:
Ok episode.

Wiziliz said:

Naruto came 5 years before Gintama,
It's not logic to expect the same animation quality as Gintama.
There are anime that came out before Gintama with better animation quality, as Gintama's first season is low budget.
Feb 21, 2017 2:06 PM

Dec 2016
And here I go, back down into the rabbit hole of rewatching a long series like Naruto. Wish me luck y'all!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 22, 2017 1:32 PM
Nov 2016
I'm not a anime elitist, but, I hate myself for starting this anime.
Mar 22, 2017 2:54 PM

Dec 2015
@LolitaPopsicle Then make yourself a favor and opt for the manga. It is much more fluid to read those nekketsu sagas than to watch them.
Mar 22, 2017 4:36 PM
Nov 2016
@Rei366 I'm on episode 4 now and I'm actually enjoying it.... ^^; I was mostly against it, because, an enemy of mine is such a big fan. ^^;
Apr 8, 2017 12:31 AM

Mar 2012
aaah, here i am again. <3
boruto got me here and i'm gonna try this again.

[i made a promise with myself that i can't die before finishing naruto]
Apr 13, 2017 2:02 AM
Apr 2016
Wow..
Tears no jutsu....

Owareu you ni
Isui de iru
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 220 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Alicia3000 - Aug 31, 2009

125 by alexa0717 »»
May 7, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 68 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 3, 2009

32 by Losho »»
May 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goodevilgenius - Aug 28, 2007

65 by Faunaseer »»
May 2, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 23 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 6, 2008

28 by luanacsz »»
Apr 30, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.