Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 14, 2013 11:11 AM

Jan 2013
Hmm it's a good thing Lawrence decided not to bring Holo along to hear the tale of her hometown. Although, I wonder how she will take it when she finds out about it and the fact that Lawrence knew the whole time.

I was suspicious of Amarty from the start so I'm not surprised Lawrence was warned about him.

What a cliffhanger! I honestly yelled out "what the heck?!" when it ended so abruptly haha
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 15, 2013 2:29 AM

Apr 2013
When it comes to business Lawrence is always on the run. Cant wait to see what happens in the next episode.
Jan 13, 2014 3:32 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, there was a lot of devellopement on Holo village. So it was destroyed and by a giant bear for the least!

That new scarf is cute :3

Lawrence is jalous, but I don't trust that Armanty. He seem to have a bad reputation and to be ladykiller.

I wonder what the boy said at the end. Lawrence was tizzy.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 27, 2014 1:09 AM

Aug 2012
That "witch" was quite gorgeous o_o

Will Lawrence start to be more honest about his feelings? I hope so..

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 13, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
LMAO at the kid seeing Holo in the sheets at the end XD Gotta love anime misunderstandings.
Nov 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
Bartose is huge. I like the fellow. Deanna was quite interesting; I can't help but wonder if she'll be plot significant given the stylish character design. I like history quite a bit, so hearing her stories was neat, plus it gave us more info on Holo's hometown.

The shopkeeper and his wife had some pretty funny dialogue.

I don't know what to think of Armanty. I can understand why Lawrence is distancing himself from Holo, but I wish they would admit it to each other. They can't just part ways... right? (Right? ;-;)

Still, Holo's reaction to her hometown's fate will be a big moment. I wonder when Lawrence will tell her.

The fool's gold will likely tie Lawrence back to the "pagans". Hmm.

It was an excellent episode from start to finish.
Dec 1, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2014
Would be interesting to see what is Deanne's role in this show.. Or maybe she's really just a storyteller..
Bartose though.. Such a big (and pretty intimidating) guy..

I wonder what got Lawrence riled up at the end.. Maybe it concerns Amarty? I guess we'll see..

Lol at the kid misunderstanding the situtation with Holo on the bed haha!
Jan 14, 2015 9:59 PM
Dec 2014
ohhey said:
Good episode and now I really want to know what the kid said. Also, I did not recognize the little apprentice's dub voice in this show until he was yelling after Lawrence at the end. I couldn't help but laugh a little and imagine a big suit of armor chasing after Lawrence.

LOL. :) Someone needs to make a fan art of that. ;)

Topspin said:
I don't see why people think Horo's so damn cute. She's "sexy", yes, but she's also an alcoholic who doesn't seem capable of basic empathy (even Mark has noticed that Lawrence is acting strangely). She's winding Lawrence up like a cheap watch.

Horo also doesn't seem to want Lawrence to know she's got plans for Amarty. I guess she wants him to suffer a bit for not telling her what he's up to? She'll reap what she sows, because it's obvious he's destined to screw *something* up.

Frankly I don't think Horo's earned a kiss (though neither has Lawrence). Besides, Lawrence obviously isn't in this for the sex. Frankly I can see why - I'd be a little wary of sexing up a drunken wolf goddess too.

I like Holo a lot, but I do agree that some of her fans are so eager to praise her they forget or refuse to admit that she has flaws just like anyone else. Also, Lawrence needs more love from this fandom imo. :( But don't get me wrong. I do like Holo. And I wouldn't say that she's incapable of basic empathy. She's shown empathy and kindness to Lawrence before. (For instance, when Lawrence had that huge debt and no one would help him. And in this episode, when she said that she depends on him.)

One thing I do love about both Holo and Lawrence is that you can't really have one without the other, or at least the story wouldn't be nearly as good. Holo without Lawrence is just sad and incomplete and Lawrence without Holo would be just as sad and incomplete. They're such a good team and they need each other, even if they don't yet realize how much. (And I don't care that Lawrence is human and Holo is practically immortal. I want them to get married and have dozens of wolf/human babies!!!

The Moon Hunting Bear, eh? Well that explains why the moon is wearing band aids in the end credits...
Feb 9, 2015 6:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That cliffhanger. I have to go out right now and cannot find out what it is..UGH!

BTW, that witch was one of the most beautiful character designs I've seen in this series. I wonder if we'll be seeing more of her and if what she said about Holo's village is true.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2015 10:01 PM

Mar 2012
Well judging from Lawrence's reaction, it couldn't have been good news.
May 3, 2015 10:20 AM
Nov 2014
Interesting episode, learning more about Horo's old hometown. Wonder what was teh news that made Lawrence worked up for :P
May 8, 2015 7:42 AM

Feb 2013
So we learned that Holo's old home town was in fact destroyed, poor Holo :/. I wonder how she'll take the news and if Lawrence will even decide to tell her it. Hopefully he doesn't try to hide it from her, that would probably only end up making things worse.

Also what the heck could that kid of told Lawrence at the end to make him freak out so much @_@.
Dec 18, 2015 5:55 PM

Jan 2011
Lawrence is obtuse, but not about Holo per se. But: He's hanging around since who knows how long with a woman with a tail who can turn into a giant wolf - or the other way around. Said woman/wolf fits all the stories about a shapeshifting wolf bringing good harvest, and actually *claims* to be the same as the one in the story, and he is wondering if a spirit bear destroyed her hometown and whether to tell her..

.. but when the talk comes to fortune telling or magic, he's immediately like "woah, those guys are really crazy".
Aug 2, 2016 2:56 AM

Jul 2013
The witch was beautiful but I can't help but feel an ominous vibe from her. Maybe that's just me.

That ending has me worried. Hopefully it's nothing serious.
Jan 31, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2010
What is this cliffhanger lol
Feb 14, 2019 1:58 PM

Nov 2016
Nice episode. I can already smell the drama once Holo finds out about her home :/

I'm also intrigued by the new characters in this season.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 4, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
So some kind of huge bear destroyed her village? That witch was hot, I thought she would replace Nora from last season haha
Dec 4, 2019 5:47 PM
Apr 2016
Letting Holo go with that guy was a bad idea, very bad idea. What happened at the end, though?
Jan 24, 2021 8:23 AM

Jul 2017
The writing's already on the wall for some developments from this episode. Amarti wanting to be with Holo as a couple, wanting to break free Holo off the large debt that she had with Lawrence according to what Holo told Amarti when meeting up, Lawrence knowing about the truth of Yoitsu's fate without Holo being aware which could cause tension there if she finds out, and more. It was a solid episode, a better one than the first one in terms of introducing more plot points and having a more serious tone than normal, although there is some predictability too with the way the arc so far has been written in terms of the broad scheme of things.
Feb 8, 2021 6:38 AM

Apr 2019
Holo pretending that they just had s3x when the boy came was so funny lol. Lawrence must really trust Amarti to let Holo go off with him..

Mar 31, 2021 10:47 PM

Feb 2019
The legend talk was really interesting! Holow of Yoitz huh. Really makes you realise how ancient Holo is.
Sep 14, 2022 11:41 AM
Sep 2022
That cliffhanger tho.
Sep 12, 2023 9:24 PM

Dec 2022
From the sounds of it, the bear should be named Kesagake.

Dian/Diana is very mysterious and beautiful. Apparently not a witch, but still has some of their classical elements, like being seclusive and an owner of a litany of tomes.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 1, 2023 2:23 AM

Oct 2020
Amarti's English VA makes him a little more unbearable than I think he's intended to be

Speaking of intentions, I always get confused as to why everyone in the show is so quick to refer to Lawrence as a "young man" or a "young fellow"
I know he's canonically a young adult but his gray hair and patchy beard make him look a lot older. They softened his facial features a bit this season but bro is still rocking the silver fox look
Apr 12, 4:24 PM

Jul 2023
An okay episode. He meets a beautiful woman and informs him of what happened to Yoitsu.

He also gets jealous as the young lad is making his moves on Holo.

An okay but boring episode.
patkarununganApr 24, 12:03 AM
Apr 23, 8:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Feels like the first time we've seen a cool colour from that "witch's" purple robe amidst an art style that is predominantly composed of warm colours

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Sep 16, 2009

133 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.