Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2009 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
DVD episode 16 - "Look, Don't You Think Spring Has Come?"

The last DVD special, and chronologically the last episode in the series. I liked this better as a last episode, the laid back and serene tone felt more true to the series than the previous episode, and every major character got some time in the spotlight. It's reflective attitude and eye for the possibilities of the future bring a satisfying conclusion to this slice-of-life anime.
Ideal anime wife?
Oct 7, 2009 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
Very nice and satisfying final episode - perhaps even best episode.

I would not have minded if there had been more episodes though.
Jun 25, 2010 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
One of the better episodes that fits everything together (concluding where every character is at and the path they are going to take).

True it does end the series with a slow yet optimistic view for the future, but the previous episode was such a surprise in the romance section (which was practically one sided for the entire series) that showed how a Slice of Life Anime can also have romance fit into it without taking away any other good points of the Anime.

All in all though, this definitely ended the series on a good note (not like the final episode of the TV series which was kinda bitter for most of the episode). I'm still kinda regretful that they didn't go into further development of Yashima who remains the mysterious local god... Other than that, I can't really say anything else was missed.
"Those of us who have the dreams and the passion to be able to overturn common sense are the strongest" Kuroyanagi Ryo, Yakitate Japan! Episode 24.

"Lelouch Vi Britannia commands you, all of you, to die!" -Lelouch Lamperouge

Sep 3, 2010 9:02 PM
Apr 2009
Great series. I want a sequel!...
Jan 31, 2011 11:57 PM

Aug 2010
Really, such a great series.

Animation was top quality. Backgrounds were beautiful. Orchestral soundtrack was perfect for this show. Seiyuu's were great. Characters were lovable.

I have no complaints for this series. I only wish there were more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie by this production team, Welcome to the Space Show, next.
Mar 18, 2011 2:02 PM

Aug 2010
Loved how she threw back the topic on how she's the only one with a boyfriend.
Jul 10, 2012 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
Hoho. nice! ;) I'm satisfied with the ending. :D
Nov 8, 2012 5:42 PM

Jul 2011
Cute ending. happily ever after for yurie.
dusFlaesPhan said:
Loved how she threw back the topic on how she's the only one with a boyfriend.

lol that made me laugh, and when they launched at her after she said that. lol.
love their friendship.
Apr 30, 2013 10:45 AM

Mar 2011
Ahh well it's all over.

Not what I really expected at first. I have a sort of liking for these 'god' and 'spirit' theme anime and was expecting something a bit more like the others I have seen. But the first episode started with Yurie, simply saying she was made a god without any back story. So I assumed it would do the whole flash back thing and then go around full circle. But nope, it is never explained why she was made a god or how. Does that bother me, who is usually picky about the details. Not at all, although of course it may be interesting to see why she was made a god, but it isn't really important.

I enjoyed the series overall. it was slow paced and sweet, and just a relaxing change from some of the other anime I have watched.

This episode was a nice end to the series, just sweet, slow, nothing super exciting, a nice ending for a nice anime. This anime feels underrated to me.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 8, 2013 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
Nice finale.
Romance does make slice of life anime better.
It was so adorable and innocent.
Really liked Yurie as a character.
9/10
Sep 16, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2009
Kenji's no longer dense but still slow. XD I felt warm, fuzzy feelings watching it even giggly at some moments of this final episode but I had a one final complaint... I felt sad when it ended. T_T

IMHO, it was not a masterpiece but it was perfect in every sense. 8/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 20, 2014 7:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely ending I must say, they should've just added these 4 episodes when it was airing it would've made the overall series a lot better especially with these two last episodes! All in all I quite liked these specials as they sure were cute and lovely! 7/10
Jul 29, 2014 8:10 AM

Feb 2010
That was a great episode, great ending, and a really good series.

“Read as little as possible of critical or aesthetic works. They are either products of a close-minded spirit, petrified and devoid of meaning in their lifeless hardening, or clever verbal games [...]. Works of art are of an infinite solitude; nothing is worse than criticism for approaching them. Only love can grasp them, keep them, be just toward them. Always give precedence to your own feeling against these analyses, these reviews, these introductions. [...] You must let every impression, every seed of feeling, ripen within you, in the dark, in the inexpressible, in the unconscious, those regions closed to understanding. Wait with humility and patience for the hour of the birth of a new clarity. Art demands of its faithful followers as much as of its creators.”
— RAINER-MARIA Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet (letter dated April 23, 1903).
Jan 12, 2016 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
Jesus O Lord please kill me now

Take me out of my misery

I can no longer handle the pain of diabetes

Jesus Lord, y did u shove all that vanilla down my throat
Feb 9, 2016 11:20 PM

Nov 2013
An okay finale but the series as a whole is forgettable.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 27, 2016 11:04 AM

Oct 2012
Good finale. Kenji and Yurie were really cute.
Nov 30, 2017 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
"If I don't have business I can't call even if I want to."

Good development for Yurie. This is kind of a repeat of ep. 12's themes scaled down a bit. Kenji sees himself as a boring person who can't compare to Yurie which he sees as strange and special.

ANYWAYS THIS SHOW WAS SO GREAT IM SO GLAD I GAVE IT A CHANCE

Also, Shoukichi blue-balled there! TELL HER YOU LOVE HER DAMMIT!
Aug 17, 2018 3:37 PM

Oct 2015
Yurie and Kenji make a cute couple, although they relationship is still young I kinda bless their ship. I wish there was an ova or movie where they've grown a bit and were still together in a mature way. In these specials it was kinda a middle school romance, which is kinda immature and inexperienced.

But I loved these specials, so 8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 26, 2018 8:05 AM

Apr 2016
I mean this was probably intended, but the main trio was what made this show, especially Yurie, she was cute from the beginning to the very end + satisfying ending, what more can i say.

7/10 A good show, enjoyed from the first episode to the last.
Aug 28, 2020 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
i cant believe in my 25 y.o i feel embarrassed watching these two..lol
Aug 30, 2020 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
xiMii said:
i cant believe in my 25 y.o i feel embarrassed watching these two..lol

It's ok lol. I also had such feelings. Such shows are so realistic that in our 20s we feel uncomfortable with the feeling that we are looking at real children, as we were.
Nov 24, 2020 6:31 PM

Nov 2010
This might be the best anime I've ever watched. I'm not even joking. It was the sweetest, cutest and most adorable thing ever!
Apr 19, 2021 2:32 AM

Aug 2018
Kamichu is absolutely the definition of a hidden gem. I never expected anything special but boy, was I wrong.
Aug 4, 2021 9:43 PM

Sep 2013
Every aspect of the show was top quality. They really seem to have put a lot of love and effort into it and it really shows!
For an anime older than the girls in it? (Lolz, I just noticed that) It has aged very well!

A sweet show with a sweet ending. Very laid back and mellow. Highly under-rated indeed.
Aug 22, 2021 4:09 AM

May 2020
Yurie and Kenji are cute, even though I'm not super invested in their relationship.

Overall, this was pretty boring and a chore to get through. The premise was interesting and so were the characters, initially but they didn't really do anything with them.
Oct 12, 2021 7:02 PM
Playing LGE

Jun 2017
This is peak slice-of-life! I feel so bad this show gets ignored or is simply too underrated, its just sad it doesn't get the attention it deserves..;v;
Mar 27, 2022 2:45 PM
Nov 2021
What a wonderful slice of life show. I think it captures the youthful lives of children quite well. Whether it would be the imaginative yet childish worldview of friendly Martians and mythical gods, the slow days of being sick or sleepy, and the awkwardness that keeps feelings bottled up such as having a crush are all nostalgic aspects of adolescence. I also love the ED with its catchy tune, and the adorable animations keeps me from skipping it.
Aug 3, 2022 6:49 AM

Nov 2013
Can't believe these 4 episodes are a bonus and weren't included with the original. If the quality was this good, the original 12 episodes would've been awesome (Gave it 7/10).

Yurie with savage burn (her being the only one out of the trio to have a boyfriend) made me genuinely lol xD She did grow up a little. It was also satisfactory to see Kenji actually carrying about Yurie and wanting to further their relationship. 9/10

Satisfying conclusion.
Sep 30, 2022 8:19 PM
Dust collector

Sep 2021
Pretty chill and wholesome show. Yurie is the cutest girl ever :D
Jan 5, 2023 7:23 PM
Jul 2020
Damn! I want the sequel. This series is really good with a very satisfying ending. I really like this series

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamichu! DVD Specials Episode 1 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 8, 2009

9 by Lolicon »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Kamichu! DVD Specials Episode 3 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 8, 2009

23 by BurntFlower »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:08 PM

Poll: » Kamichu! DVD Specials Episode 2 Discussion

kadian1366 - Jul 8, 2009

12 by epidemia78 »»
Jan 1, 2023 6:47 PM

» Episode Discussion Topics

kadian1366 - Jul 8, 2009

0 by kadian1366 »»
Jul 8, 2009 4:21 PM

» Type of GOD?

Friendlysoul - Mar 20, 2008

6 by kadian1366 »»
Jun 1, 2009 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.