Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2007 11:50 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was that great or what? I can't believe we still have to wait for the actual start of a game, but that was such a good episode, wasn't it? What did other people think?

Yay!!

P.S. What do you think is up with Hama-chan?
lowellDec 25, 2007 11:54 AM
Dec 25, 2007 12:19 PM

Jan 2007
Indeed a great episode. Loved the moment at the beginning with Shinooka and Momoe.
Jan 1, 2008 10:33 PM

Oct 2007
omg, i love hamada more and more with each episode! and finally some more character development for Izumi. izumi x hamada?? hmmmm ahaha. i do want to know what happened to hamada in the past, and ireally want to see him end up playing baseball =)

i'm so excited for the tousei game, but i'm probably gonna wait for the next few episodes to be released before watching. the worst is being stuck waiitng for the next episode in the middle of a match!!!

abe and mihashi were sooo funny with the memorization.

oh, and momoe looked so touched by the mothers offering to help. and i love how hanai's mom and mihashi's mom talked for hours on the phone... mothers tend to do that, a lot... lol
Aug 2, 2011 7:03 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm, delinquent Hamada? I've got a feeling it's something like that.

Match starting soon. I'm so nervous for them.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 2, 2012 4:56 PM

Jul 2011
Oh, I want to know more about Hamada!

And i LOLed when Abe kicked the chair and said something like, 'Hello! Wake up!"

Excited for the match!
May 25, 2014 3:27 PM
Mar 2014
Good episode, I'm really starting to feel the pressure of the match with Tousei.

The beginning though was awesome, it never fails to get me laughing at the drama of it all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Christ, I'm in love again. Stop doing this, show!

Re-watching this, it's easier to see now how much foreshadowing and name dropping Higuchi-sensei has done. Well... not so much foreshadowing as behavior that won't yet be recognized as important for many, many episodes/chapters. Aaand once again, the battery twins! I can't remember their names (Aoi?) but having read the chapters with them at the forefront, the gag w/ Mihashi and his #1 tag ("Is it now #2?!" -- you're not a catcher you dork =__=) suddenly makes sense. I lol'd.

So much appreciation for the inclusion of parents and moms and side characters to fill this baseball world. Shinooka and her manager friend from another school, the cheerleading squad and its importance to the team, the usual yakyuu jock attitude and Nishiura's peculiarity, moms involved and not involved in their kids' yakyuu but wanting to change that, Coach's ULTRA FEELS and appreciation at support when she was doing it alone...

Gah. ☆*:.。.ヽ(;▽;)ノ.。.:*☆

Super pumped for next episode. why can't i watch it now
Dec 11, 2015 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
When Tajima redrew the #1 over Mihashi's shirt <3 Such a sweet thing to do.
Feb 16, 2019 4:55 AM

Feb 2013
Mihashi's mother is super kawaii, we now know who he inherited his personality from.
And the game is about to start!
Nov 20, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2018
Mihashi is so funny XD he really loves number 1 XD Parents are so cute!! I feel hype just watching them marching XD

Hamada is so nice!

Ohh! The competition begins! Goodluck babies ❤
Jul 20, 2021 1:04 AM

Dec 2020
i actually couldnt stop smiling this episode my cheeks HURT

my reaction to them marching in the field were the exact same as hanai and mihashi's mom, just full of exitement, joy and proud feelings. hamada's a delinquent? or Was, i think

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 8 Discussion

Trie - Aug 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 11, 2007

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 4 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.