Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2009 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seems that Minami and Tatsuya reacted differently to the kiss that occurred.
Mar 11, 2010 7:29 PM

Aug 2009
This episode summed up for me once again why Minami isn't worth either of the brothers' time.
Overthinking Anime a site devoted to anime and analysis. More fun than you might think.
Mar 21, 2015 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
This one wasn't quite as good as the last few because it was mainly flashbacks but I liked the parts towards the end. It was really cool to see Harada and Tatsuya eating together like that
Jun 8, 2015 4:31 AM

Jan 2015
Cool to see how Tatsuya and Minami are reacting differently to the kiss. I feel I can relate to Tatsuya in many ways, and I'd probably feel just like him here!
Jul 18, 2015 1:54 AM

Jul 2008
God talk about the ultimate mixed signal...
Aug 20, 2015 9:51 AM
Nov 2014
Tatsuya's reaction to the kiss was realistic enough xD. Minami needs to be more decisive with her decision though :o but still, a pretty good ep. Slightly weaker than the last few eps. Last scene was really cool, with Harada and Tacchan eating together lol.
Apr 16, 2016 8:12 PM

May 2010
sixinchmoth said:
This episode summed up for me once again why Minami isn't worth either of the brothers' time.

It's really interesting how she has become the least sympathetic character of all, despite being portrayed almost constantly as a near-goddess. She's both beautiful and kind, but just by being oblivious and indecisive she is causing so much pain.

I wouldn't say she's unworthy; she's obviously still confused about her own feelings, but her cheerleader mentality is only going to cause more drama in the future. She's a well meaning girl who somehow manages to make everything worse, and that makes her tragic in her own right. I want to resent her, but I can see where she's coming from too.
“Money can't buy dere”
Jul 13, 2016 2:13 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode with some progress, but will lead to more drama.
Jan 12, 2017 3:07 AM

Jul 2015
That lunch scene between Harada and Tatsuya is the only best part of this episode hahaha
Oct 1, 2018 10:52 AM

Nov 2016
well Tatsuya reacted different than Minami about the kiss, Minami was acting as her own self but very happy, because she was happy it was Tatsuya and not someone else and Tatsuya was gloomy and confused, because he himself doesn't have enough confidence about what just happened more to it seeing Minami reacting like her own self around him and everyone else.
Oct 15, 2018 3:32 PM

Sep 2011
Tacchan was affected by the kiss to the point of not being able to eat, but Minami was okay. He then was a jerk again, and just assumed that it didn't mean anything to her, which wasn't true, but she then said that for now she can only think about Koushien, and about rooting for Kacchan, which isn't really true since she didn't even want to watch the first game over watching Tacchan's match, but then again, she might have steeled her resolve only now, in order to not break Kacchan's heart or something. But poor boy, being left out while the two closest to him are being far too "kind".
Apr 13, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
The tone of the last couple of episodes are more for my liking and make this watch even better.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 3, 2020 10:57 AM

Jul 2015
Interesting to see both their reactions to the kiss. From what I understand Tatsuya seems confused about it because he never saw himself fit to be with Minami. While Minami was just happy because it was Tatsuya, but I have to disagree with her cheering both brothers on especially Kazuya to let him focus on Koshien because at the end it is going to hurt him anyways.

Jul 19, 2021 6:24 AM

Jan 2018
Tacchan still reminiscing about the kiss in the dark... It's a realistic reaction because I think he used to believe that Minami loved Kacchan, at least more than him. But now his perspective about that Minami is completely shattered. He's confused.

I think Minami won't reject Kacchan anytime soon. I think she'll have to play along at least until Koushien is over. If she rejected him first it'd negatively impact his performance. Minami wants to see her childhood friend Kazuya to achieve his goal, it is an understandable motive.
But it's up to you to decide if it'd hurt Kazuya more if he got rejected before the game, or after.

I haven't seen any other romance anime where the answer is so obvious from the start yet the rest of the series is still unpredictable. Minami almost confessed her love in episode FOUR, remember?
Apr 15, 2022 11:57 AM

Feb 2019
Lol Minami tells Tatsuya she loves him and then kisses him and he's still like "wow, does she like me?" men in a nutshell lmao

Anyway though I feel like what she said about "Because it was Tatsuya" could be easily misunderstood.
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Apr 28, 4:53 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So is Minami just gonna behave like a bitch and be vague about her feelings to both brothers? I get how Tatsuya is confused and Katsuya is putting everything he's got for a relationship that so far looks one sided in terms of chemistry. The one I don't get is Minami, like is her goal poligamy or something?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓

More topics from this board

Poll: » Touch Episode 13 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 4, 2009

15 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 13, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 8 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 2, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 5 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 1, 2009

13 by rasterman7 »»
Apr 7, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Touch Episode 39 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Jul 15, 2009

7 by doctorGero »»
Mar 15, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Touch Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - Apr 29, 2009

53 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 7, 11:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.