Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 23, 2009 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
so much for gregor and his weapons; but faldio shouldn't have given the order to attack in my opinion, but i guess what else could they do?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 25, 2009 1:09 AM

Nov 2007
Didn't really like this episode, seemed cliche for some reason I really disliked the part where he said "as expected of squad 7" ><, but everything this episode was pretty predictable =/
Aug 2, 2009 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
spoiler op ftl
Aug 2, 2009 3:32 PM

Sep 2008
what a fail, how could they do that with this opening? XD i kinda suspect that (strongly, well somebody besides of Selvaria HAD to be Valkyria) but i couldnt be sure of course, and now they ruined whole fun T_T
come to think of it that op has even two spoilers, lmao, rotfl, lol (but being serious its not really funny)
Aug 12, 2009 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
Well i guess that OP answers my question back in episode 9 about Alicia.

This episode was Ok i guess, killing all those people was a nice choice since they have to show the bad things of war a little.
As about Welkin? Well this time he really wasn't all smart ass i guess. No clever ideas when things are this shitty. Faldio looks to be more mature about the difficult decisions of war.
Aug 20, 2009 6:16 AM

Aug 2008
new op :O woow so alicia is a valkyrie.
Aug 20, 2009 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Excellent episode, a lot happened. It was sad to see all those Darcens get killed though. Now Rosie sees that she was wrong all this time.

Liked the new opening, but it seemed to have some big spoilers in it. New ending was cool too!
Aug 23, 2009 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
wow a really exciting ep. but also a bit sad.its war after all...

Oct 21, 2009 10:41 PM

Dec 2007
It was best episode, indeed. I better stay away from OP since it have a spoiler about Alicia.
Apr 13, 2010 3:09 PM
Mar 2010
Very good episode... there is no doubt... the opening contains a lot of spoilers.. :-S
Welkin shows signs of moodiness toward Faldio.... the situation seems interesting... probably we see a quarrel, early...
Jun 28, 2010 9:21 PM

Sep 2008
... After reading other peoples' comments, I'm glad I skipped the intro, since supposedly there are spoilers. :D''

Reeeally loved the episode. I love watching the characters develop, and the relationships between them... I was reluctant to like him at first, but I'm starting to not mind Ramal! He and Isara make a pretty good team, actually. Also... Faldio's decision and Rosie's flashback seem promising -- more character development for them, hopefully? :D :D

Geez, though. Those Darcsen people didn't deserve any of what they were getting. Discrimination. Concentration camps. Then [mass?] murder by bombing? ... :|
Sep 17, 2010 3:39 AM
Feb 2008
skriticos said:
The hell was this about?

The battle tactics were utter crap! That bridge is so damn vulnerable at the basement, why do they put the explosives on the rails at the top? What do they want with an artillery train at close combat?? (The train cannon can not be fired at that angle without derailing it completely.) And so on.. damn, someone please shoot the story writer or at least give him basic combat and physics training.

How they won with this kind of crappy tactics is beyond me, but I guess it has to do with the fact that the Imperials were complete nuts too.

Please stop the BS in the next episodes, it's kind of painful to watch.

Seconded.
Oct 7, 2010 3:54 PM
Mar 2010
Well that OP was spoilerific, doesn't mean people have to post what it meant though some people might not have worked it out.
Still i didn't think they needed to show us that about Alicia, i haven't played the game and i didn't see that one coming, no big suprise when it does now.
I do like the OP though, maybe they should have used it later on in the series though.

The ep. Good battle but makes you feel for the Darceans
Edit: spelling and bad wording changed
Jun 6, 2011 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
Baphomet said:
skriticos said:
The hell was this about?

The battle tactics were utter crap! That bridge is so damn vulnerable at the basement, why do they put the explosives on the rails at the top? What do they want with an artillery train at close combat?? (The train cannon can not be fired at that angle without derailing it completely.) And so on.. damn, someone please shoot the story writer or at least give him basic combat and physics training.

How they won with this kind of crappy tactics is beyond me, but I guess it has to do with the fact that the Imperials were complete nuts too.

Please stop the BS in the next episodes, it's kind of painful to watch.

Seconded.

Thirded.

Another annoying thing was that they were standing around and hesitating when Gregor announced his threat. I know they lack military intelligence and had to make hasty tactical decisions on the fly but as with every other operations with risk involved why didn't they think of contingency plans before they started this operation? What the hell happened to Plan B? Or other measures to deal with each worsening scenario? Didn't Welkin think of those ahead of time?

Anyway it was a good action-filled episode in spite of all that aforementioned things we complained and found annoying. :P
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 6, 2011 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
Awesome new OP with great scenes, but boo for early spoilers in it. What the heck was that, intentional spoilers, or were they just being lazy? That's just discrimination against those who haven't played the game (like me, for instance). The ED scenes were nice, but the song was rather too slow for my taste in music.

OP spoilers aside, future plot twist spoilers on the first page be damned (did not read pages 2 & 3 because I don't want to see anymore spoilers regarding possible plot twists BEYOND THIS EPISODE). Spoiling the plot twists, that's just criminal. If this were one of those plot-less slice of life comedies I could forgive spoilers, but not on shows like this. I'll just try to forget, or failing that, delude myself that those were just lies or mere speculation. That's just great. OTL
Apr 29, 2012 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
The best thing about this arc was the development of Rosie and Faldio. The tactics could use some work, but at least it added some depth to the mentioned characters.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 14, 2013 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
That spoiler in that op :/

Going off the opening it looks like things will get magical later on.

I wonder how many innocent people died cause of Faldio's choice.
Mar 9, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
As said before tactics were poor and the OP seemed to have some spoilers (But it was also heavily hinted at previously)

Anyways, good development of Rosie here I thought.

I thought Largo's team would be freeing the concentration camp from the previous episode?

Nice though to have some action after the dull previous episodes.
Mar 12, 2014 3:13 PM

Apr 2011
OP wasn't really a spoiler, if you haven't figured it out yet then you are dumb (This is coming from someone who NEVER played the games)
Aug 8, 2015 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
The OP wow
Pretty spoiler for me

So, in the end it's still have the same end with the game huh?
Poor Darcsen :(

Well, I think the feels will come soon

Next, Jann's showtime!! xD
And EDYYYYYY!!
"Signature removed"
Apr 29, 2016 5:40 AM

Mar 2014
Well made , new OP and ED ~ . I didn't think it will be longer than expected .
Night operations are more of a suspense that doing it at broad daylight ~ .
And that is why Calculations are important in planning a strategy .
This is a battlefield . Sacrifices are very common but very significant also .
Great Episode . To be outclass or outsmart , They will not be in vain .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 8:53 PM

Dec 2015
After the bombs went off they should have just hit the thing with everything they had before he had a chance to carry out his threat.
Dec 15, 2016 7:05 PM
Dec 2016
he said:
at 12:00-13:00

wth.. Tanks doesn't have 0 second reload time
Anime are getting sillier and sillier
and this show too...

p.s. There goes my favorite general <.<

Well, when we see the Train's interior we can also see that it has a magazine autoloader.
I suppose all imperial weapons are magazine loaders. That would also explain why those tanks can operate with just a driver and a gunner.

BTW, are the small turrets on the front of imperial tanks duds? I can't recall them even turning at any point in the series so far... Who would even aim them in a 2-crew tank o.O
Apr 24, 2020 9:55 PM

Mar 2019
One big spoiler in the new opening. I pity those who have never played the game.

No Edelweiss, no fun. But Isara and Ramal saved the day by stealing a tank. Nice action. Even in the middle of the chaos of this episode, they're the stars.

Faldio ruined Welkin's character, more and more. He let the Darcsens got killed too. It looks like Welkin's brilliance was clouded horribly by crappy love thoughts. I don't think Welkin could be any dumber than this.

By now I realized that the anime decided to kill each of the militias classes. Lancers, engineers, snipers, they all have the same weapons in the anime. What upset me more that Largo has lost his lance. Where did Largo the tank killer go??

The Equus is not that weak. It's supposed to sink in the river, not explode from tiny bombs. The bombs should have destroyed the bridge and let it fall.

Seems like many of you like the episode, but unfortunately for me, I don't like this episode much. It's a chaos.
Oct 23, 2021 8:23 AM

Apr 2016
Great episode, probably the best so far.

But, what the hell with that spoiler in the opening?
Feb 12, 2023 1:03 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
What a retarded OP indeed, if I was an anime only I would be really mad too, if they wanted to do this, they should have add two versions for this OP.
Dumbasses.

As for the episode, Falco romance can go eat a DICK.
Only big adition vs source that I really dislilke, new OP and ED outside spoiler are an improvement.
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM
Jan 2020
Cluster Strike Inbound.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 26, 2009

195 by Playcool »»
Feb 13, 2023 5:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.