Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2009 12:18 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alot happened this episode.. Maya is pretty famous for her role in The Miracle Worker and has won the best supporting actress award. She has also been forced out of the troupe even though she had won the Helen Keller role. It will be interesting how she takes to her new found fame.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 6, 2011 12:12 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah... There was a lot going on in this episode, but I liked the fast pacing! I wish Maya wouldn't play the "victim" role so much, though, and pity herself. Too bad she can't pull herself to trust Hayami or Tsukikage a bit more, too... They probably both have her best interests at heart... I think?

It was kind of annoying how egotistical Ayumi stayed, despite not getting the award. D:
Jul 2, 2011 1:21 AM

Feb 2011
Masumi is a Pedoo.. Don't worry I still support you.
Jul 11, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2012
I'm glad that Maya won the award.
May 9, 2014 6:45 PM
Oct 2009
I was hoping Ayumi would win so that Maya can win next time.. when the award or competition is bigger. but oh well

haha That secretary: She's growing up fast. Soon she'll be old enough for you to make love to her.
OH YEAH SEXY TIME XD

but I don't get why she has to abandon all her friends.. I mean sure she won't have much free time to meet them.. but people crumble if they don't have someone sincere to offer them support... and if you choose all your friends based on how useful they are to you, you may not find one who would show you the support you need when your world is crumbling around you..
Feb 16, 2016 7:13 PM
Feb 2014
This is where the original series ended.

I do recommend see it before this one, is old, animation is poor and character design looks outdated, but it has a nicer pacing for its latest arcs (The 1984 series pacing for the first episodes is a mess, though)

Nevertheless, this one is a really good one.
Aug 9, 2017 3:43 PM
Aug 2014
That was surprising, didn't expect Maya to win. That's one way to cope with loss I guess, denying you lost. Not sure why stage actors get cast as TV actors just because they won an award.

Not sure why Maya is letting other people making all her decisions for her and can she even sign contracts at her age? I doubt it.

Was hoping the world would expand a bit more, but it actually seems to be getting smaller.
Dec 3, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2015
Congratulations to Maya for winning best supporting actress, didn't think she'd win too.

Wow! Tsukikage has sold off Maya to Daito entertainment.

Hayami has been confirmed to be a loli sniffer!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2020 7:14 PM

Aug 2014
Hayami has placed further up my shit-list after this episode, holy shit.

As much as the show is trying to convince me that Hayami cares about Maya, restricting her from seeing her friends certainly goes against that agenda. History has proven that depriving someone of Maya's age from their friendships is detrimental to their mental health. Horrific things have occurred to victims of such a strict lifestyle. I hope the show recognizes how terribly wrong this action is, as Hayami is blatantly forcing his toxic ideas upon Maya. Perhaps he is trying to re-create the scenario to which he grew up in for Maya so that he may have someone to relate to?

Also, Hayami is an official creep as confirmed by this episode. I am in desperate amounts of hope that these show writers are NOT setting up a romantic relationship between Hayami and Maya.

Hayami's actions are child-grooming, plain and simple. The only reason you could argue that it's not is because Hayami has yet to reveal his identity as Maya's "fan" yet. For what reason does he lavish her with gifts though? My personal theory is that it's in the hope that she'll somehow fall in love with him upon the revelation that he's her "fan", which is child-grooming.

TLDR; Hayami is a shitty human being and a big creepo :))))

Overall I enjoyed this episode far more than the last. Again, some interesting themes are at play here that I rarely see in other anime. I'm glad that Maya is out of Tsukikage's care, but she's only found herself in another form of abuse so it really is just a lose-lose scenario.

Can we have someone interested in Maya's potential as an actor that isn't physically and verbally abusive or a pedophile K thanks

Jun 21, 2022 9:18 PM

Oct 2014
Criscosandwich said:
Hayami has placed further up my shit-list after this episode, holy shit.

As much as the show is trying to convince me that Hayami cares about Maya, restricting her from seeing her friends certainly goes against that agenda. History has proven that depriving someone of Maya's age from their friendships is detrimental to their mental health. Horrific things have occurred to victims of such a strict lifestyle. I hope the show recognizes how terribly wrong this action is, as Hayami is blatantly forcing his toxic ideas upon Maya. Perhaps he is trying to re-create the scenario to which he grew up in for Maya so that he may have someone to relate to?

Also, Hayami is an official creep as confirmed by this episode. I am in desperate amounts of hope that these show writers are NOT setting up a romantic relationship between Hayami and Maya.

Hayami's actions are child-grooming, plain and simple. The only reason you could argue that it's not is because Hayami has yet to reveal his identity as Maya's "fan" yet. For what reason does he lavish her with gifts though? My personal theory is that it's in the hope that she'll somehow fall in love with him upon the revelation that he's her "fan", which is child-grooming.

TLDR; Hayami is a shitty human being and a big creepo :))))

Overall I enjoyed this episode far more than the last. Again, some interesting themes are at play here that I rarely see in other anime. I'm glad that Maya is out of Tsukikage's care, but she's only found herself in another form of abuse so it really is just a lose-lose scenario.

Can we have someone interested in Maya's potential as an actor that isn't physically and verbally abusive or a pedophile K thanks

I'm gonna disagree. Hayumi is making Maya hate him more and more as the episodes progress. And Maya can't stand him so you are imagining the moves he is making on her lol does he care for her? Yes. Is the show portraying the separation of friendship as caring? No. You imaging this. No scene in this series showed it was. If anything,they showed the opposite. And they proved to us he is a cruel business man who doesn't always have her best interest.

I know the age gap is problematic since she 16-17 at this point of the story however, I don't think this fit the bill for grooming. His gifts are anonymous (and he doesn't even want her to know it's from him) and she hates him. How many teenage girls you know are going to fall in love instantly if they found out the person who lift them up was someone they hated? Give her some credit. She is old enough to tell the difference between appreciation and love. She is not an idiot. Beside, she liked Sakurakoji before he disappeared on her. The groomer needs to be beside the victim to groom them and he isn't there 24/7. Just few minutes throughout the year. He says few lines, she hates him, they don't meet again for months.

You don't have to like Hayumi or the pairing. However, I am replying because you are watching this with a weird lens that isn't there.
Sep 28, 2022 9:24 AM

May 2009
The three adults closest to Maya are disgusting for different reasons.

Her mother: abusive

Tsukikage: abusive and toxic, trying to live her own dreams through Maya at any cost

Masumi: grooming pedophile

Even Masumi's secretary supports Masumi in his grooming, pedo-actions because and I quote her "Maya is already old enough for you to make love to her". This is outright disgusting

Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.