Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh great, Medusa is back and she's not wasting time..

First half of the episode felt slow though. Well, Kagari still is confident as ever although her feelings for her mother isn't very positive. I can sense that burning passion inside of her. I like that sword she's using tbh.
Feb 16, 2014 6:49 PM
Jul 2013
Now Kagari is allied with Medusa and Witches Tower, a too drastic change in the plot, I did not find a good change, damaged the series.

0 replies, whoa.
Feb 16, 2014 7:11 PM
Oct 2012
Thank you, haven't watched streaming for a while, this show warrants spending part of my evening watching it.

Real time comments.

Too funny, Kagari's vigil, was she actually weaving with a hand loom there for a while? And Tanpopo chan and friends waiting for their opportunity while Kagari's mother is getting drunk and complaining the entire night downstairs.

The "non sleeping type"? Love the snide subtitles on the part of the streamer. And Kagari wearing glasses to be the perfect "oneechan", even to the extent of feeding him omelet rice.

As expected Kagari turns on her mom, they explained why last episode-

I now have great sympathy for big-breasted women, THAT is the reason why no one takes what they say seriously.... Is it just me or does Kagari have huge hands?

Still waiting on the exact relationship between Tower and Workshop, but that is one of the great things about this show, they don't show all their cards. Looks as if Tanpopo chan is about to become a Kagari fan.

Great episode, extremely fun to watch.
Takuan_SohoFeb 16, 2014 7:29 PM
Feb 16, 2014 8:36 PM

May 2013
Love that ending. Kagari was sparkling when she was cleaning his ears lol.
Feb 16, 2014 8:37 PM
Mar 2012
Ayaka in Medusa mode was just too badass for me

http://imgur.com/a/l3wXB
Feb 16, 2014 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
I never expected that Kagari decided to ally with Medusa and the Tower witches.

Kagari in Medusa mode was kind of badass.
Feb 16, 2014 9:12 PM
Dec 2012
Apology said:
Now Kagari is allied with Medusa and Witches Tower, a too drastic change in the plot, I did not find a good change, damaged the series.

0 replies, whoa.

Kagari merely did that to hide the fact one of the barriers in Honoka was undone, which if made public would cause her mother to want her beloved Honoka dead. The pairing with Medusa was a cute idea but only crippled the power she was used to so I doubt that will ever be used again and The Fab Five will just add humor and potential feelings of love towards Honoka. Thus there is nothing drastic changed in the plot because Kagari was just trying to protect her boo even if it meant fighting her mother and hiding a crazy snake witch in her room. Something drastic would be if instead of the two swapping places another seal came undone, Medusa spilled the beans, instead of a lap pillow and ear cleaning Kagari tried to go all the way, Honoka's mother really did have an affair and so on.

I enjoyed the episode and am excited for love to blossom.
Feb 16, 2014 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
it sure sucks to be kazane..haha
Hate Keeps me warm
Feb 16, 2014 9:28 PM

Oct 2010
Loved the part where the Ivory Quintet were waiting for Ayaka to fall asleep, the conversation between Kazane and Komachi was hilarious. Ayaka also looked pretty badass when fused with Medusa. Great episode.
Feb 16, 2014 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
Ayaka is so overprotective on Honoka; staying up late doing some stuff, and protecting Honoka from being in danger XD.

So Ayaka and Medusa teamed up going against Kazane, She looked cool when merged into Medusa mode. All because of Honoka's seals inside of him huh.

It was funny when she blew up the school twice. Uh-oh Medusa is on the lose again.

Feb 16, 2014 9:35 PM
Jul 2013
Ummm I've watched every episode on this show and I'm still a little confused. Would somebody who has read the manga and anime like to fill me in up to where it is in this anime? It would be much appreciated :)
Feb 16, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
Ayaka so overprotective, didn't even get a wink of sleep.
Ayaka and Medusa teaming up against Kazane. Ayaka looked so badass when they united. That invincibility was gone though...
Honoka swapping places with Ayaka and took Kazane's punch.

Different workshop witches taking Medusa.. but she escapes..again.
lol Ayaka blows up the school yet again.
Feb 16, 2014 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
NIce episode, but next one looks promising.
I love Kagari she is awesome.
Feb 16, 2014 10:19 PM

Aug 2013
This show is so random, I'm not sure I follow where the story's going to be honest lol.

Okay so Tower witches aren't exactly evil. If we're going to use the alignment system, they're more like Chaotic Neutral. Workshop witches are uh...I'm not sure if "good" is the right term but more like they try to maintain the existing 'order' (Neutral Good?). The Tower witches want Evermilion's power while the Workshop witches want her to remain sealed. Did I get it right?

It's just confusing like two sides, while not exactly evil, have conflicting goals yet are still very friendly with each other. It's just...*scratches head*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 16, 2014 10:35 PM

Apr 2012
Seriously, I love the character design in this show in general, so many different styles and colors!

It was stated that Evermillion's power made Kagari invincible, as if it was the most natural thing in the world... but Evermillion was sealed so her power shouldn't be as infinite as it is made to be, it confuses me a little because I don't know how exactly was Evermillion sealed away in the first place.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Feb 16, 2014 11:13 PM
Feb 2013
xchee said:
This show is so random, I'm not sure I follow where the story's going to be honest lol.

Okay so Tower witches aren't exactly evil. If we're going to use the alignment system, they're more like Chaotic Neutral. Workshop witches are uh...I'm not sure if "good" is the right term but more like they try to maintain the existing 'order' (Neutral Good?). The Tower witches want Evermilion's power while the Workshop witches want her to remain sealed. Did I get it right?

It's just confusing like two sides, while not exactly evil, have conflicting goals yet are still very friendly with each other. It's just...*scratches head*

Heres what you need to know about tower and workshop witches, neither side is evil. Tower Witches use their powers for their own benefit and basically promote freedom to do what they want. Workshop Witches use their powers to maintain balance and order with the normal realm. Neither side is evil, just differing philosophies. The workshop wants evermillion sealed mainly because.....well you saw what she can do, just a small portion of her powers blew up a fcking building, imagine what she could do if she got bored.
Feb 17, 2014 12:44 AM

Sep 2013
That dream :P

Does Kagari not sleep? 0_0

Taking a shower together ooh-la-la.

They united 0_0

Lol getting petrified doesn't mean squat to her mom.

Hey Kagari how much are you going to shove your boobs in his face? :3

"An educator shouldn't be using censored words." Awesome loling hard now.

What what what ear cleaning to strengthen their bond o_O

Lol the witches ended up living at his place anyways :p
Feb 17, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2013
Axxen said:
xchee said:

Heres what you need to know about tower and workshop witches, neither side is evil. Tower Witches use their powers for their own benefit and basically promote freedom to do what they want. Workshop Witches use their powers to maintain balance and order with the normal realm. Neither side is evil, just differing philosophies. The workshop wants evermillion sealed mainly because.....well you saw what she can do, just a small portion of her powers blew up a fcking building, imagine what she could do if she got bored.

Aha. So I got it right with the alignment, it's much easier to understand that way lol.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 17, 2014 5:18 AM

Jul 2012
The lap pillow and the cleaning of the ears made her sparkle like that... interesting.

Great episode!!!
Feb 17, 2014 5:28 AM

Aug 2010
Another fun episode :D Really loving this show ^^

Lol'd at the start with the nightmare (Kagari is a yuri produced baby XD) and then how they showed the night from a different POV XD Kagari disappearing the moment he woke up and suddenly having already prepared breakfast was lol XD

Honoka imagining how he'd become a bum and totally dependent on Kagari for wearing clothes, eating and even moving was hilarious XD...His face when she told "we won't be able to go to the same university" was lol

The action after that was fun. Kagari being determined enough to oppose her mom wasn't what I expected but was nice. Dat gattai looked awesome! But surprised that Kagari didn't know Vermillion wouldn't give her power if she's impure with Medusa. How Kazane destroyed the petrification was BA! Lol'd at the Dumb-tective nickname XD And the switch punch was lol. Dem Oppai O_O Flying Buttons attack Prefer Takao's zip bullet :P XD

Kazane saying censored words was lol. She's friggin pissed hahaha XD

Loving how Kagari is getting more outgoing and her personality is getting more apparent :D She's pretty funny. Lol'd at how she was trying to force him to kiss then gave him a lap pillow for an energy boost XD Poor Kazane, every time she thinks it's peaceful...BOOM!! XD
Feb 17, 2014 5:53 AM
Sep 2013
I just love how everyone is so chill with everything that is going on in this show ahah.

It's a fun ride.
Feb 17, 2014 6:55 AM
Nov 2009
This show is getting better and more random each episode lol
Feb 17, 2014 7:40 AM

Apr 2010
So this episode wasn't all over the place for ones and it was actually a pretty nice episode to watch, Ayaka looked great when merged with Medusa.
Tho it seems that isn't the end yet of Medusa and more is about to happen it seems.
The family expansion will cause some trouble as well.
Feb 17, 2014 9:19 AM
Oct 2010
Well, whatever it is, this show is fun. Though I must say it's the tower quintet who make it more so.

xchee said:
Okay so Tower witches aren't exactly evil. If we're going to use the alignment system, they're more like Chaotic Neutral. Workshop witches are uh...I'm not sure if "good" is the right term but more like they try to maintain the existing 'order' (Lawful Neutral).
Fixed.

Yep, that pretty much exemplifies their core difference.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 17, 2014 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Whew they finally explain why Kagari is hiding Medusa. I thought for a second they are going to pull a Tokyo Ravens and make Kazane the real villain.

It's quite refreshing to see female characters that don't scream when seen nude. The 5 tower witches are truly the most interesting characters in this series.. too bad they don't get that much screen time.

Kazane is so OP, so easily broke through Medusa's petrification that even Kagari couldn't do by herself. She's probably like the Dumbledore of this series and lol Medusa escaped again.
Feb 17, 2014 9:56 AM

Dec 2013
So who are the bag girls anymore? Everyone is all friendly and morphing together and what have you...I'm confused but not in a bad way.
Feb 17, 2014 10:15 AM

Jan 2013
Hibbington said:
So who are the bag girls anymore? Everyone is all friendly and morphing together and what have you...I'm confused but not in a bad way.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. They fight and end up living together. They fight and have dessert together. I really don't know if there is a villain in this anime.
Feb 17, 2014 10:29 AM
Oct 2012
Vooo said:
LOL I was thinking the same thing. They fight and end up living together. They fight and have dessert together. I really don't know if there is a villain in this anime.

I think the enemy is going to be various factions: Schwarz I think will prove to be one, she got Takamiya to release the first seal, and managed to fool Kazane into not knowing what she did, so there is more to her than she has let on. Ironically being captured put her in the perfect position to remain close to the action.

The teacher who kidnapped Takamiya seems to be another strong possibility, though he warned Takamiya against Kazane, that doesn't mean he is good. Kazane may have a very very good reason to fear the release of the white princess, worth what she is doing. He also managed to escape from both Kagari and Kazane, so he isn't exactly weak.

We will probably also find that certain powers within the Workshop are not good. Those two girls are a good example. There was obviously a reason they wanted to get Medusa away from Kazane, and in turn why they let Medusa escape.

So most likely 3 groups, how unified I don't know.
Takuan_SohoFeb 17, 2014 6:09 PM
Feb 17, 2014 10:43 AM

Sep 2007
Good overall show. I can see why he upset that she so overprotective, to the point of babying him.

The combine powers trick didn't work. She lost the real power when she did. But she had hot evil girl outfit at least. :P

Not sure why he so frighten. Thinking she was going to kiss him.[ Guess Japanese males even in household of mostly women are scared of kisses. (sarcastic.)] I could understand blushing or being shy.

Hey if she gets turned on by cleaning ears. I'm willing to get lap pillow and getting ears cleaned. :P
Feb 17, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2013
I like Kagari in Medusa form, too bad it wasn't powerful. It kinda annoys me how nonchalant everyone is (especially Kazane). I did laugh at "so we're not gonna fight?". The romance feels forced as well.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 17, 2014 1:19 PM

Mar 2012
ok now i am just confused i practically lost track of who is evil, i dont even think such a thing actually exists in this show :P

so the closer there intamcy the stronger she becomes can anybody pretty much guess where this is going? if she got powered up just by cleaning his ears can u imagine anything more?

Ok i like the random moments in these episodes make the series funny, but they really need an episode to actuall explain a few thing cause right now i am just like WTH?
Feb 17, 2014 1:33 PM

Jan 2009
Kagari and the side girls makes this show great. That useless pile of Takamiya is the only thing bad about the show and he'll stay useless.
superman89Feb 17, 2014 1:40 PM
Feb 17, 2014 1:37 PM
Feb 2009
also confused as hell whats going on anymore in this show but its still pretyy fun to watch.
Feb 17, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
Absolutely all over the place and incoherent that I can't help but laugh at it. I thought when Kagari united with Medusa that it will be a major plot twist but then Kazane just put on a troll face =.=
Feb 17, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
so the closer there intamcy the stronger she becomes can anybody pretty much guess where this is going? if she got powered up just by cleaning his ears can u imagine anything more?

When she poops his cherry she will become the overfiend and destroy earth! >_<
Feb 17, 2014 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
I really like this series, but this episode felt pretty slow.

Takamiya wanting to take the hit for Kagari as always, don't blame him

http://i.imgur.com/ogfGdpk.png

Still no clue as to what's going to happen with main story.
LusboxFeb 18, 2014 4:43 PM
Feb 17, 2014 3:25 PM
Feb 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
ok now i am just confused i practically lost track of who is evil, i dont even think such a thing actually exists in this show :P

Ok i like the random moments in these episodes make the series funny, but they really need an episode to actuall explain a few thing cause right now i am just like WTH?

As has been mentioned, nobody in this show is evil, they all just have different motivations, plans and schemes....there ARE various antagonists as well as reoccurring antagonists, but none of them thus far are "Bwahaha I will rule the world" evil, that's what makes this series somewhat of a breath of fresh air, there is no clear cut main villain and the tower vs workshop conflict isn't really a war so much as a philosophical difference that leads to conflict. That said there ARE certain antagonists that are more nefarious than others (like a certain bomber that will be revealed in the future)
Feb 17, 2014 3:47 PM

Apr 2013
this series started slow and kind of usual but now its always fun to watch the next episode :D
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Feb 17, 2014 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
Ayaka creepy sitting by a sleeping Honoka all night long
Feb 17, 2014 6:14 PM
Oct 2012
Master_Yoma said:
Ayaka creepy sitting by a sleeping Honoka all night long

Well, its not like she can sleep in her own bed (with Medusa in it), and she is the "type" that doesn't need to sleep (makes you wonder what type that is). Her job is to protect him, and given who else was in the house that was the best thing to do.

Also, loved how quick she moved when Takamiya woke up. That was pretty funny.

While I agree with some of the posters that this show seems to be a mess, I have faith that this author is going to pull it all together into something fun. You can see things moving behind the scenes showing that something is starting to form. I don't want to make too much of it because I could be wrong, but from the previews it seems as Tanpopo chan and Kagari are going to bond a little next episode.
Feb 17, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2008
This episode was so full of funny moments; couldn't help by lol, especially at the end...
Feb 17, 2014 9:47 PM

Sep 2013
ayaka in medusa mode was just *__*

also, just when i'm expecting them to kiss what do i get?
a scene of her cleaning his ears in order to reach super power wtf
Feb 17, 2014 10:54 PM

Jan 2013
A lot goes down in the last couple minutes.
Another great episode, they will have to kiss
Feb 17, 2014 11:06 PM
Jan 2013
Ok, if I understand this right, Vermillion is the source of Kagari's power called mana, so Kagari hid those Ivory Bitches and Medusa since they can spill the beans on Vermillion coming out and that Honoka's survival was depended on the seal not being broken and if it does then most likely Honoka would have been executed by the workshop witches just to keep Vermillion from escaping.
Feb 17, 2014 11:37 PM

Mar 2013
Kagari <3
kagari in medusa mode looks so great XD
great episode XD
Feb 18, 2014 5:22 AM

May 2008
GG that powerup guess Medusa gone for now wonder wat happens next!
Feb 18, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
another awesome episode.

its amazing how well the show does humour especially the little things that are not in the center of attention during a scene
Feb 18, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
Hope to see Takamiya's powers in the future.
Feb 19, 2014 12:48 PM

Sep 2013
So Honoka DOES have power of his own! Here I thought Evermillion's reveal meant his "power" was to call her out and have her use her own power. And Ayaka in Medusa mode... awesome. Friggin loved that a lap pillow and ear cleaning make Ayaka explode lmao And DAMN is Kazane strong. Petrification didnt do shit...
Feb 19, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2013
Lap pillow and a ear cleaning = strong connection. Got it.
My Candies:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.