Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2009 1:57 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Miracle Worker, huh? I think everyone knows that play. The interesting thing is that Maya has to beat out Ayumi and some other talented actress' for the role of Helen Keller. This was actually a subplot that started way back when the episode were still in the teens. It's kind of cool to look back and see all the progress Maya has made in the last two years.

It's very clear to this viewer that Ayumi has great deal of respect for Maya, and i'm impressed that she wants to beat her rival on her own merits. Great show, as always.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 29, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2008
I know the story, sort of... but surprisingly, I don't actually know the play. I wonder if Masumi is trying to make Maya think that Ayumi is the one who is giving her the purple roses...?

I imagine it's going to be reeeeally hard to grasp Helen Keller's role. >_< Maya's our protagonist though so I'm sure she can do it... I was a bit irritated that Maya had that little episode of self-pity while she was at the play's after party. ._. Life isn't fair, yes. Thought she knew that by now... though I'll admit that a lot of people are harder on her than need be.
Aug 9, 2017 6:06 AM
Aug 2014
I'd saying knowing the script is more than a slight advantage Ayumi and it's not like she was really subtle about leading her, think anyone could have picked up on where the scene was supposed to go.

Hope they don't drag out the mysterious benefactor for much longer.
Nov 12, 2017 5:27 AM

Aug 2014
ugh they do a good job of making you hate everyone in this show.. their all such assholes..
Dec 3, 2019 6:38 AM

Oct 2015
Ayumi did a great in guiding Maya through that play, the inferiority complex is starting to sink for Maya.

At this point it's pretty obvious Hayami Maya's mysterious fan. What a way to hide it at that room!

Tsukikage giving Maya an unnecessary ultimatum. Poor girl, for being exposed to such tyranny.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 3, 2020 10:03 PM

Aug 2014
You know what? Maya shouldn't get this role. If she doesn't get it, then Tsukikage expels her from the troupe, meaning Maya can berid of that foul woman. She has the Ondine troupe she can go to. I may not like Hayami or Onodera, but they're miles better for her mental health than Tsukikage is.

All that aside, Ayumi is amazing. She led Maya through that scene very well. I can't wait to see her Helen Keller.

Aug 12, 2020 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
I really hope we get another extreme method acting session in this arc, watching Maya act blind, deaf, and mute for an episode in the over-the-top way this anime does things sounds hilarious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.