Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Nov 23, 2020 2:22 PM

Apr 2014
The one I feel the most sorry about is Sunohara. Also the one character from the show I wiil miss the most. (Although not my favourite. My favourite one is Tomoya's father.)
"You don't become Hokage in order to be acknowledged by the village.
The one who is acknowledged by everyone, is the one who becomes Hokage."
Uchiha Itachi, Naruto Shippuden
Dec 26, 2020 7:12 PM

Feb 2016
This was the only compelling romance in all of Clannad.
その目だれの目?
Dec 27, 2020 11:38 PM

May 2020
I liked Tomoyo's more but this was fine.
Jan 8, 2021 8:14 PM
Dec 2009
I feel like Tomoyo's story was better in a lot of ways than this one. This was relatable and all, but I didn't really like it that much. I'd give it a 6/10 since I did enjoy it all things considered.
Malloween Candies (2023):
6 main candies
Jan 10, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2019
In all honesty I like all the romance drama in both OVAs than the entire two seasons of Clannad. The characters act much more normal without those lame comedy parts which I dislike most of the time. Still a solid good love triangle for just one episode. The chemistry in both OVAs are also better than the original one lol. I still prefer Tomoyo one though. So for 1 episode OVA this gonna get 7/10.

Feb 9, 2021 12:16 AM
Oct 2020
I never knew about this episode and was surprised to see it filling out MyAnimeList, even though I haven’t seen the visual novels it sounds from theses posts that the novels adaptation was way better but because I don’t know how that was like, I will be rating a 9/10 she was my second favorite character and I hated the girl who won (sorry not sorry) the other Ova I like way more though, Love Emiliaisnumber1
Apr 18, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
These OVAs are better than the 2 seasons lol
Overall I'm disappointed and I feel like I was baited by the high score.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jul 31, 2021 4:36 AM
Jul 2018
Another good ova.
My biggest problem with these 2 ovas is their complete disregard for the events leading up to the ova. I just hate the idea that nagisa and tomoya were so close, but then at some point in s1 tomoya not only chooses someone else but pretty much leaves nagisa for the wolves. She's not even mentioned, you have to think that's a bit off.
Aug 5, 2021 1:34 PM
Jul 2020
Patosaurus72 said:
Another good ova.
My biggest problem with these 2 ovas is their complete disregard for the events leading up to the ova. I just hate the idea that nagisa and tomoya were so close, but then at some point in s1 tomoya not only chooses someone else but pretty much leaves nagisa for the wolves. She's not even mentioned, you have to think that's a bit off.
I think this OVAs take place if Tomoya never met Nagisa, or of Nagisa didnt exist
Nov 4, 2021 7:44 PM

Jul 2019
Watched this OVA because I wanted too and I have to say, despite how strong it was at playing with people's emotions, it was a pretty good OVA still.

I really liked how this went and it is kinda sad Ryou is the one with the short end of the stick. I wish for her happiness still.

Kyou was too up and down but that is what it is like in Clannad. Some of her decisions were rash, like Tomoya surprisingly, but the connection is still nice to see. They were meant to be, at least, in this world of Clannad.

Music here still 10/10. 7-8/10 OVA
Dec 7, 2021 3:57 PM

Aug 2014
It was a good OVA, however, since they are trying to pack a full VN story in 20 minutes, it felt SUPER RUSHED!!  Like going from one event to another, it was just so rush.  They should have made this a one-hour long OVA, and not just 20 minutes. 

I did like the atmosphere, given, it sometimes got a bit soap-opera dramatic.

But I do think it was a bit rolling-my-eyes how the twins were just head-over-heels for Tomoya, that they were willing to do anything for him.  The twins in the anime, even though they liked Tomoya, they were not so pathetic weak to him.

Props to Ryou in this episode for taking the initiative and confessing to Tomoya in the beginning of the episode; thats always a plus when woman do that. But like Sunohara said: Ryou was never really Tomoya's type, and Kyou is.

I always did feel that Nagisa and Kyou were the best chicks in this anime and the best chicks for Tomoya, so this episode was nice in that aspect.

And props to this OVA for ACTUALLY SHOWING US A KISS (TWO KISSES TO BE CORRECT)
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:57 AM
Feb 8, 2022 3:10 PM
Jul 2014
Congrats to the dub team for fixing the fact you spent two whole series calling Ryou "Roe."

Which you then "fix" by calling her "Yo."
May 10, 2022 3:16 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait, WHAT? WTF??? An actual KISS- from freaking KYOTO ANIMATION, who NEVER do kisses??!! It was HERE this ENTIRE TIME??!!! And TWO OF THEM for that matter??

Phew. Anyway, just wanna take a moment to respect Sunohara, who is low-key the goat of this series by coming in clutch with words of wisdom when Tomoya needs it most. Dude's a dork but he's just about as good a friend you can get.

Maybe it's because these routes are basically getting condensed into single episodes that we're getting hit with all these emotions all at once and thus making it feel like these routes carry more of a substantial weight to them than the main route of Nagisa. As for Ryou, I never really bought her feelings for Tomoya, and as a character she has limited screentime and is even more boring than Nagisa. At least she became somewhat of a goat at the end by submitting to her sister's feelings and letting her be with Tomoya.

I would've love to see Tomoyo's and Kyou's routes fully fleshed out in anime form, but I'm glad that we at least got what we got- but man just imagine if either of them were the main routes. I personally would've find everything more interesting and thus be more emotionally invested in it all.

Wasn't quite as good as Tomoyo's ova but I'm still glad that 2nd best girl got her chance to shine, and I wish we could've seen more.

6/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 12, 2022 7:28 AM

Jul 2021
WHY TF DID KYOU CUT HER HAIR??? That got me so mad, I coudn't focus on the rest. What the fuck was the logic behind that?

Other than that the usual Clannad playing with our Kokoro's. The situation Tomoya was in is one of the shittiest situation one can ever wanna be in, I literally had to pause and think for a moment, "what the hell is he gonna do now?"

Well, he chose Kyou in the end, so be it. She looked so much in love with him. I'm happy for her. F for Ryou, but I hope she gets a loving bf in future as well.

Would have rated 10/10 but the hair cutting got me mad so 9/10.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 26, 2022 9:31 PM

Jul 2022
Perhaps a bit rushed but the quality is highly inspiring. Leaving aside the rush, it gave me the feeling I longed for, I can't ask for more. This route with Tomoyo's, despite being the only ones animated, are enough for me. "Dominant-looking" girls, I don't know if that's the right word, are the best in anime without a doubt.

Despite Kyou's haircut, the voice makes him look a thousand times better, that's what I mean by "dominant"
Nov 22, 2022 9:19 PM
Sep 2022
Why not get both lol that was funny
Aug 8, 2023 6:32 PM
Sep 2020
Nice to see more Kyou, wish there was more for all the routes
Oct 5, 2023 7:21 AM
Dec 2022
Found this Episode on the 4th volume of the German Clannad After Story Disc Release
But not gonna lie, as much as I loved the main Anime, this one was kinda boring.
The Tomoyo Chaper OVA was good in my opinion but this one was pretty lame in my opinion. Maybe because it was kinda rushed.
Spiele_maus - Vocaloid, Anime & Manga Otaku

Hatsune Miku is my life! <3

Nov 26, 2023 9:46 AM

Apr 2021
Oh what a beautiful guy... "This problem of yours is very good!" Not only did Sonohara want it, I also wanted these problems.

I liked it, it was actually good, They both like the same guy, that's a great problem. 9/10
Feb 20, 11:47 AM
Jul 2021
Ryou is same as nagisa- boring. Only kyou and tomoyo have good chemistry with him imo. This ruined kyou for me. I hated when she tries to get with sunohara. Why can't it just be a wholesome romance
IfIspeakFeb 20, 5:22 PM
Feb 24, 9:33 PM
Feb 2009
I'm not sure how this has such a high score, it worsened Kyou's character, and was super rushed.
Maybe it worked better in the game, but it didn't work here. Her personality changing so completely from the rest of the show is jarring.
I'm ignoring the fact that this comes alongside Afterstory, as it's a very odd thing to watch after all of that.

4/10
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» Where can you watch this

jschwag - Oct 19, 2021

9 by ReeceOliverr »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Poll: » kyou chapter vs. tomoyo chapter ( 1 2 )

SophiafrmAustria - Mar 19, 2011

66 by Spicelit »»
Jul 29, 2021 9:03 PM

» is Nagisa doesn't

veeny9 - Jul 9, 2021

4 by MuZe- »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 AM

» Question

CriminalGenius - Sep 18, 2020

0 by CriminalGenius »»
Sep 18, 2020 9:29 AM

» after story?

tthammy - Oct 10, 2010

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.