Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2014 9:23 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This series pretty much shows how badass alchemy can be, especially the characters involved with it. Interesting to see a supposed uniform society where one can not overstep their occupations and with the Church looking over everything. The most interesting part of the series, however, is Fenesis. Let's see how Fenesis' and Kuusla's relationship progresses later on.
Aug 10, 2014 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
(Disclaimer: I'm going to discuss what happens after this volume for a bit, but without spoiling anything-so no need to worry if you haven't read the books yet- as I think it's important to do it this time)

I thought this series started really slow; It's a shame since a lot of people who started this series, interested in the new title from Spice & wolf author, may drop that series before reaching the heart of the story.

When I finished reading the first volume, I didn't know what to think about it. take fenesis for example. She's like a blank paper. A complete opposite with Holo; who was a character already "completed" or mostly completed before the start of the actual story; rather than having an interesting character from the start, this time we'll get to see her evolve from that blank paper state to something more and more "complete".
And knowing that it was S&W author, I knew that the author had the ability to make her an awesome character later on. But that was only potential. It's not like a good story guaranties that all the stories written later by the same author will be as good.

It took time. With the third LN, we can clearly see which direction Fenesis' personality is taking. And with it my expectations started to rise, as I really liked that direction. And with the 5th volume, I can finally say this : This was worth the wait. Definitely. This series is going to be around 10 volumes long according to the author. The whole story, as well as character development are getting better and better.

So yes, that series starts really slow, the first volume is mostly about world building actually. But it's worth it. I'm now waiting for the next volumes to come with a high expectation. Fenesis could end up as good as holo or even better before the end of this series. She certainly has what it takes for this right now/ And that is a wonderful news.
ZefyrisAug 10, 2014 1:35 PM
Jul 25, 2015 9:55 AM
May 2015
I have all the currently released volumes in Japanese. This series is amazing. It really starts to kick off from 3, but everything from 4 onwards more than makes up for the slow start we're given in 1.

If you are going to learn Japanese or can read Japanese, you will not regret picking this up.
Jan 18, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
First and only one post yet biased. I wish i know Japanese. Tried to learn it, whoa. So hard. I thought it's easy 'cuz pronounce is 100% same with my mother language, but much more confusing.
~♥~ Otaku + Otaku - Otaku = Otaku ~♥~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magdala de Nemure Volume 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

0 by Stark700 »»
Aug 27, 2014 4:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.