Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 9, 2014 7:26 PM

Apr 2013
This was the best fight in the entire Hajime no Ippo series (all 3 seasons). This fight was worth all four episodes and the rest of the buildup episodes. There was no greater archenemy and challenge than Bryan "Motha F'n" Hawk.
Mar 15, 2015 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
Wow! That was the most epic count to ten ever hahaha. Let's go Takamura!
Apr 24, 2015 1:48 PM
May 2014
Found it really boring and lackluster...

Takamura has always been overpowered which makes it boring... Hawk is a world champion that doesn't train? Really? He was born ripped... that's just silly I can dig that talent is important but implying that any dumbass just is born a champion... Inmersion breaker. And they tried too damn hard to make him a douchebag.

Don't know about the fight itself but Takamura is boring and Hawk makes no sense... that alone made didn't allow me to get invested into it.

Even Miyata vs Mashiba or the more recent Date vs Martinez had me nearly crying lol... in this one I barely even wanted Takamura to win lol... bummer.

On a side note the fights have been getting too gimicky as the show goes on... I liked how watching the first series felt like watching actual boxing, even if not too realistic, it actually motivated me to start working out and be abit like them lol, lately it has been really iffy... can't say I expected to be disapointed by madhouse after liking HxH 2011 and Kiseijuu so much, but I think they did a poor job with the show, music it's kinad meh, listening the ending pop up after the Ippo vs Ozuma fight was more emotional than any of NC fight's (besides Date's) and I get the feeling even the art was better looking in the original, the comedy too never hit me this season whereas last one had me laughing out loud...

Overall enjoyable season I'd give 8/10 compared to 10/10 from the first one (to anyone wondering I don't keep track of my shows in this site).
tesla21Apr 24, 2015 3:09 PM
May 19, 2015 3:42 PM
Jan 2012
Great fight! Epic final. Takamura really explore it's all potential of in boxing.
Nov 1, 2015 9:02 PM
Nov 2014
HE'S DONE IT!!! Takamura makes history.
Jan 2, 2016 10:15 PM

Dec 2014
HE DID IT!!! TAKAMURA FOR THE WIN

So damn epic. I was counting and shouting all the way through XD
Feb 24, 2016 6:12 AM

Jan 2016
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS EPIC!!!!
This is my favorite fight in the whole series next to the Ippo vs Sendo second fight.

whew, ALL HAIL TAKAMURA, THE FUCKIN KING!!
Mar 30, 2016 6:36 PM

Aug 2013
No words can even describe how godly this fight was. This was literally everything I could have hoped for from this fight.

The fact that these stupid elitist weeboos are bitching about this fight literally makes me wanna kill myself. I dont care what the difference between this and the manga was. As an anime only watcher, this was amazing.

And to all the people bitching about the special effects, guess what. It's a fucking shonen anime. The series has always taken liberties with realism, and for it to finally just have an all out fucking insane fight like this was awesome.

seriously, 11/10
May 19, 2016 11:07 AM

Mar 2015
Dicklesworth said:
No words can even describe how godly this fight was. This was literally everything I could have hoped for from this fight.

The fact that these stupid elitist weeboos are bitching about this fight literally makes me wanna kill myself. I dont care what the difference between this and the manga was. As an anime only watcher, this was amazing.

And to all the people bitching about the special effects, guess what. It's a fucking shonen anime. The series has always taken liberties with realism, and for it to finally just have an all out fucking insane fight like this was awesome.

seriously, 11/10

I think exactly the same thing, for me, the best anime figth I've ever seen, Takamura is love, Takamura is life!!!!!!!!!
Jul 2, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2013
Impressive episode.
Now wonder if any other fight could top this.
May 15, 2017 2:57 PM

May 2016
That was one hell of an episode Takamura nailed him.
Jun 8, 2017 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
HE DID IT. THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN IS FINALLY A CHAMPION!!!!!!

He truly deserves the belt for the strongest man in the world.
Jun 12, 2017 8:20 PM

May 2014
Loved this fight. I can see the criticism some people have, but I think saying this fight was "meh" or boring is completely overboard lol, it was still epic, even if the first season or the manga had more grit.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 17, 2017 11:34 AM
Mar 2015
Hawk's ending was pretty gruesome right there. Only in Jojo do I see someone spit that much blood and then someone.
Nov 23, 2017 1:41 AM

Jan 2016
BAM that was awesome. my favourite fight so fare! He is just badass. Very emotional especially with the coach that he should put the belft on...soooo cute!!

Man so fare I have not found the pic he puts the arm around the coach before he went out to the second last ( as fare as I remember) round!!

Dec 23, 2017 5:24 PM

Jun 2015
Good fight, but in the whole I expected more when it started, in fact, I expected this to be the best up until now. I find it hard to swallow that Takamura would come back from that extreme beating he took up last ep and at the beginning of this one. That can't be humanly possible. We're talking about Takamura yes, but still. Hawk got its dose of hits too but not as hard as the damage he inflicted him and could only do the extreme dodge and throw a kickback. Then it was all over.
Guessing the author wanted to show that all the training Hawk didn't put in, the overconfidence & the few respect he had for the sport made him lose this battle when he found someone with a tremendous determination, passion and heart apart from outstanding strenght and skills.

Either way, I'm glad to see Takamura winning the world title :P As I thought, out of the mains he's like the invincible type of character. He's the strongest of the show. Wondering if he will have a 'boss' opponent again in the future and if I will see him losing some day. Also if Hawk will have a reapparance.
MMiyamotoDec 23, 2017 5:30 PM
May 9, 2018 3:42 PM

Jan 2018
One of the best fights in the series so far. But stil i am not certened to give this season a 8, its more like a 7.
Aug 13, 2018 6:18 AM

Mar 2017
They FINALLY adressed the super slow count by the referee! :P

I really liked this fight and it was great to see that asshole of a champion vomiting blood at the end. Takamura deserves this victory!
Nov 26, 2018 7:53 AM

Oct 2012
What a nice referee, counting it down slowly just for him to get up and be killed

Oh the irony from Hawk's secondo
"The only good thing you can do is throw the towel"
Which he didn't
"You can't win" Nice word :P

That was a very satisfying ending
Awww
I just wish Takamura can just hit him one more time xD
Rest in pieces and parts definitely not in peace
"Signature removed"
Jan 23, 2019 12:26 AM
Oct 2017
crappy episode. how could takamaru be fighting when his all strength are exhausted and even cant stand prior this episode.0/5
what actually is a signature?
Jun 17, 2019 2:56 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit, that smashing the head of Hawk into the ground felt satisfying.
Damn that beast mode completely obliterated Hawk.

Our hero Takamura just became World champion junior middleweight!!!

Feb 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
This match was absolutely amazing, everything was brilliant!
Mar 16, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2015
yeyyyy he won. very solid climax
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 22, 2020 11:21 AM

Nov 2018
I'm glad Takamura is alive and he actually won.Previous episode got me a feeling he's going to die...
I hate everyone equally
Jan 7, 2021 5:55 PM

Nov 2016
This match was awesome in so many aspects 5/5

Congrats to Takamura for conquering his first weight class.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 19, 2021 7:04 AM

May 2016
Takamura was the bigger monster between the two all along and the last few moments of the match looked so one-sided that I couldn't help but feel bad for Hawk a bit!

Kamogawa gym having its first world champion, damn!

Aug 13, 2021 11:00 PM

Aug 2018
Takamura is now the world champion! I loved seeing Hawk's bloodied up face! One of the best fights in all of anime if you include the buildup episodes tbh..

Dec 9, 2021 4:30 PM

Dec 2007
story speaking, this match was the best this season so far (was on it's end after all lol).
direction speaking, it was horrible. the director should just get fired, or move to another sport genre anime, not hajime no ippo.
the split blood scene reminded me too much 300 lol.
and the whole takamura "animal" mode could be the highlight of the episode. but no, they chose the highlight is hawk frightening but now thinking straight about being "the king",really big change of character without much depth compare to other characters, being the highlight of the episode.
and i won't even start talking about the director not convincing me that takamura is revived from the death and such. epic and all, i believe that if i will read the manga i will see different story going on. but the director just chose to do the same comeback thingy of HnI.
i have more things to complain. but the important things is - i enjoyed this epic story, but lowering this series score.

hope the "rise" will have better director lol.
Jun 30, 2022 8:21 AM

Jun 2022
That was pretty amazing, I liked the way Takamura looked when he was unconscious kinda JIN from Tekken, an overall amazing episode that kept me on pins and needles the entire time.
Jan 11, 2023 2:58 AM

Apr 2022
TAKAMURA IS THE FUCKING GOAT.
he looked insane when he had murderous intent. but i liked when the chief was helping him get his signature look back.
but he finally did it!!!

also, i honestly thought hawk's eyes were gonna pop out of his head a couple times lmao.
Feb 11, 2023 8:02 PM

Aug 2016
Fantastic episode. Makes me wish Takamura was the main character. And yes, Im gonna say it, the best fight so far.
:v
Mar 23, 2023 2:25 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
LET'S GOOOOOO!!!

Ridiculous episode. Legendary fight. My goodness!!

We have a new world champ. So hype hahah
Mar 23, 2023 2:26 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
dankzel said:
This was the best fight in the entire Hajime no Ippo series (all 3 seasons). This fight was worth all four episodes and the rest of the buildup episodes. There was no greater archenemy and challenge than Bryan "Motha F'n" Hawk.
Agreed. This is the best fight of the series for me. 
Apr 1, 2023 7:21 PM
Jun 2021
ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES I HAVE EVER SEEN. WOW
Apr 19, 2023 5:35 PM
Jan 2017
caralho que luta foda fiquei agoniado os eps tudo muito bom melhor campeão ae
May 24, 2023 6:54 AM

Jan 2021
This fight was fucking amazing Takamura earned this victory bro I was counting down to 10 with them this was the most satisfying victory 🔥
Aug 31, 2023 5:26 PM
Oct 2020
Wn amo este episodio 🙀
Dec 13, 2023 3:16 AM

Sep 2022
Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!

Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!

Takamura!!!
TAKAMURA!!!
TAKAMURA!!!

TAKAMURAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Jan 15, 1:08 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
These episodes are fking phenomenal no matter how many times you watch them
Feb 1, 4:10 PM
Jan 2021
Best fight I’ve ever seen
May 11, 11:04 PM
Feb 2023
Sheesh. The Bryan Hawk vs. Takamura fight was absolutely peak from start to finish. It was persistnetly unpredictable, unique in terms of what we've seen before from this show and its predecessors, and personally, it's my favourite fight so far.

It never ceased to entertain and there were times when I felt I had no idea what would happen. The build up, the pay off, everything about this fight was brilliant. There were moments where my heart sank and moments where my heart sung. Fantastic.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ParaParaJMo - Jun 30, 2009

127 by UncleWinkleDink »»
May 12, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 17, 2009

66 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 22, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

superjesus - Mar 9, 2009

64 by UncleWinkleDink »»
Apr 21, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Apr 21, 2009

75 by Meritas »»
Mar 16, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ParaParaJMo - Mar 10, 2009

55 by Meritas »»
Jan 21, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.