Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 2:13 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I hope they don’t plan on keeping everyone separated for a long time again. As amusing as Kai is for comic relief, I really don’t want them to do a repeat of the Vietnam arc. Yes, Kai is still trying to find his role and his strengths, but he’s pretty whiny while doing it. Riku, on the other hand, seems to be like the prodigy of the family as he even starts to learn to play Hagi’s cello. As for Saya, her fight is quite impressive, and she’s really showing that she’s gotten the hang of controlling her powers, even though she doesn’t fully have her memories yet.
Aug 25, 2009 6:45 AM
Feb 2008
Thumbs up for Riku for his brilliant knowledge of Russian language.
Nov 2, 2009 3:45 AM

Nov 2007
So everybody gets separated O_O but Riku is indeed a prodigy =O maybe if he keeps playing the cello he will get to Haji's level xD
Nov 3, 2009 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
Hagi/Haji was awesome this episode ^_^

P.S. Does Julia want her tatty bojangles on show anymore? XD
Jul 19, 2010 5:39 AM

May 2008
Great episode, Riku owned this one, he is brilliant~
I can't wait for the next, I want more Saya x Haji moment~
Nov 11, 2010 1:43 AM
Oct 2009
Didnt know they speak Japanese in russia.. xD

Lol i really laughed about Lewis's jokes

5/5
Mar 21, 2011 7:19 PM

Aug 2010
i wonder why that one girl jumped off at the end. lets hope we find out sooner than later.
Jul 26, 2011 12:25 AM

Jan 2011
Probably because the real girl's body was dumped off the train several hours earlier by the grandmother shapeshifter with the ring. Her double jumped off the train to pursue Saya.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 24, 2011 5:41 PM

Jun 2011
I knew that granny was fishy. This separation thing is getting kinda old though. Riku and Haji seem to be getting along quite nicely. Kai needs to loosen up; he is being too hard on himself. He needs to realize that he isn't on the same level as Saya/Haji/David when it comes to fighting, at least not yet.
Sep 30, 2011 10:45 PM

Feb 2010
the corpse getting thrown off the train was a wtf moment for me was not expecting that lol
Sheepshaman.png
Jan 14, 2012 12:52 PM
Jan 2012
Baphomet said:
Thumbs up for Riku for his brilliant knowledge of Russian language.

VintorezNL said:
Didnt know they speak Japanese in russia.. xD

The granny departed from the same city as Saya and the rest, which is Vladivostok - quite a lot people know Japanese there (so there is quite a realistic chance that the granny knew Japanese)
Jan 22, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 2012
This arc looks promising. Train fight was really good too.

Apr 7, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2012
i knew that old granny had something up her sleeve -.- i just knew it..
May 21, 2013 1:19 AM
Feb 2013
It was funny when Kai got put in a room with Haji and he was waking him up with his cello playing lol

The action was good in this episode.
Nov 29, 2013 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Welcome to Russia! XD
Start of arc pleasant and lively, a little obvious narrative, however, there arises the question: Who is it?
Plot to arouse interest, to new villains and other promo throws gasoline on the fire, what are you hiding the dark Haji? _ *
Drawings and superb animations, it was time! After so many episodes a little subdued the beautiful character design is exploited to the fullest. Julia is always very pretty, but David, even frame it! ASD
Beautiful performance by Lewis also becoming much more popular now! XD
Liza is carried out too quickly, you fool! D:
Mar 8, 2014 6:01 AM

Feb 2014
4/5

Pretty damn good episode, decent action and intrigue. I was a little shocked to see them kill off Liza so quickly but I guess it does give room for this interesting new character to play out. I agree with many other posts, Kai needs to find somewhere to excel or at least stop crying about his inability to do anything haha. Seeing Haji falter for a moment was good, nice to see even he has human qualities about him. Looking forward to this arc. :)
"But my dear man, reality is only a Rorschach ink-blot, you know."
-Alan Watts
Jun 28, 2014 3:16 AM

Apr 2014
Everything is just a little too slow paced, hope the pace speeds up and we get some more fight scenes!
Aug 1, 2014 11:19 PM

Jul 2014
I knew that old woman was weird. When she got up on the train, they showed her blue ring. And before that, they showed everyone's jewelry having a red stone (Red Shield symbol or something? I wonder what blue means...).

Kai... Oh, Kai, why? I was doing a little happy dance inside when Saya and Haji got the same room. I hoped they would talk, explain things. Then Kai had to ruin it for me.

It's sweet how Haji plays the cello for Saya (or, at least I think he plays for her). And she seems stronger, more in control. I like that. And WTH? They shot and threw one of those monster under train? They do know that that doesn't kill them, right? I mean... they regenerate fast like hell, any parts they loose... And what would have happened if that thing wouldn't have come back? They would have lost a Chiropteran in Russia? Yeah, stupid decision.

And finally, I don't like the ED. It doesn't fit at all. Well, I don't really like the OP either, but the voice is nice. The previous ones were much much better.
Nov 26, 2015 11:44 PM

Feb 2010
First, we don't say "hello" to strangers like THAT in Russia. French might have that habit, we don't. Hugging might be okay with friends, but kissing is not okay - and they just met - unless you're Leonid Brezhnev or a schoolgirl (i'm not sure from where they got that) or you're a hot babe and want to make fun of a teen.
No, they don't speak Japanese fluently there just because, though some might know a little, like Chineese, but certainly not random old people. I stopped caring about language barrier in this anime, but it sure is funny sometimes.
I guess it has to snow a lot if it's Russia *sigh*, it also helps to simplify drawing backgrounds.
At least they like to draw russian girls pretty. Too bad she died like that. I wonder why Saya wasn't getting any disturbance from that shapeshifter. It's not a vampire? But who?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Mar 7, 2016 7:12 PM

Sep 2014
Old lady was obviously not simply as she originally appeared.

They killed of Elizabeth pretty fast.

When is David going to help Kai grow up and train his ass already -.-

Riku is going to learn the cello from Haji. Riku has a lot of potential.
Jul 23, 2016 5:14 PM
May 2010
The change of rooms: Well that kinda backfired for Kai.
Price of setting up a double date: 12 chocolate bars.
Kai's attempt at defending the food cart: I realize that a coffee pot is not a good weapon against a demon that can make metal bend like paper.

As for them, It's most likely possible to kill it without saya, but most liikely it requires destroying it to the point where it cannot regenerate anymore, using large amounts of explosive etc. Otherwise there's no way to "Retrieve" Them or kill them. Though most likely the killing of one of those bastards takes so much effort that the red shield just can't afford to enter combat with them without Saya.
Apr 16, 2020 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
Always love it when writers implement the element of traveling by train, gives a nice sense of adventure. Quite exciting start for this arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 26, 2020 6:46 AM

May 2015
No vodka in russian train. 0/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 3, 2022 5:27 PM
Nov 2019
Esse episódio foi muito curioso e interessante

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 11 Discussion

kittygoesmad - Nov 9, 2008

28 by LeonhartAugust »»
Jun 9, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sifma - Feb 24, 2008

52 by doitsushine92 »»
Jun 1, 3:01 PM

» what do you think

mydaddy - Mar 6

11 by RikkiRini »»
Mar 9, 3:50 PM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Jul 16, 2007

99 by dkjiji »»
Feb 23, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Blood+ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 29, 2008

31 by wildhood »»
Feb 11, 12:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.