Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Suzuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 28, 2009 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
After Suzuka gets home, she ponders her conflicted feelings and stares at her photo of Kazuki. Yamato, after calling off Miki’s search for her, goes to Suzuka’s door to apologize, but stops himself. The next day, the two see each other as they’re leaving for school, but Suzuka doesn’t say anything to him. Yamato knows that he still has to compete with Kazuki and feels that he won’t lose to him. Miki, who notices that Yamato is running so hard to be number one and for Suzuka, suggests that Suzuka face him.

When the two pass each other outside of their apartments later that day, Yamato confronts Suzuka about ignoring him and says that he won’t apologize. Yamato refuses to back down until she faces him, but Suzuka just runs away. The next day, Honoka sees Yamato staring at Suzuka fail to make a jump, so she finds Suzuka after practice and the two walk home together. Honoka, who admits that she’s leaving the manager position, encourages Suzuka to patch things up with Yamato.

Sometime later, Yamato learns from Miho that Suzuka is going back home to visit a grave. He rushes upstairs and tells Suzuka, who is just leaving, to stop visiting Kazuki’s grave. To his surprise, she asks him to come along. At the grave, Suzuka spends a very long time praying, until she finally, speaking to Kazuki, apologizes and says that she’s come with the person she likes. She says that this person is clumsy, irresponsible, meddlesome, and overbearing, but this is the person she really likes. The next day, Megumi and Yuuka find Suzuka outside waiting for Yamato. When they ask her about it, she gets embarrassed and runs off to school. Yamato comes out late and has to chase after her. He takes her hand and, since Suzuka doesn’t pull away, the two hold hands on the way to school.

Suzuka admits her feelings for Yamato in front of Kazuki’s grave, and the two end the series holding hands together. Anyway, I’m glad that Miki and Honoka both ended up getting parts that allowed them to play important roles in changing Suzuka’s attitude and bringing her and Yamato together.
Jun 1, 2009 12:47 PM

Jan 2009
Usually first and last episodes of anime are drawn better than others, but the animation quality of Suzuka 26 was something horrible, even worse than ariginal episodes >_>" The anime was fine, though
Jul 6, 2009 7:55 AM

Jun 2009
I can't believe this is over!! but yet the ending really feels the end (without knowing about the manga) so next would be..
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 8, 2010 1:24 AM

Apr 2010
I would like it better if he ended up with Honoka :(
Jul 11, 2010 10:26 AM

Jun 2010
It wasn't really the happy end I was hoping for but... I guess it was pretty good. Going to read the Manga see if it continues beyond the Anime. I sure hope so.

Jul 11, 2010 10:36 AM

Jun 2010
WOOT! It does continue and how! Going to read the sh*t out of it :D

Jul 31, 2010 8:38 PM

Mar 2010
The ending was very predictable but oh well. I enjoyed this series quite a bit 8/10.
Aug 30, 2010 12:17 AM

Aug 2010
Anime-Roach said:

Yeah I found out that the manga continues past where the anime stopped, so I plan on reading it myself.
Nov 29, 2010 6:14 PM

May 2010
well, i guess i the ending was alright.. definitely better than the past few episodes have been. i can say.. i enjoyed this series. well, some of it. if you took out suzuka, and replaced her with a wandering hermit traveler to find her long lost love this anime would have been a one, no ten million times better.
.. anyways, honoka reminded me a lot of kotonoha from school days, and i'm sure a lot can agree. i really did like honoka though, she was my favorite from this series.

so yeah, maybe i'll read the manga for a bit just to see what happens next.. although if suzuka is still as bitchy as she was in the anime, i will refuse to read any panels with her face in it. :)
Jan 1, 2011 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
i didnt like suzuka at all, she is cold, unlikable, and indifferent to extremes. this is coming from someone who loves tsundere chars

the main guy was frustrating to watch. it would be easier to like this series if i understood why he LOVED suzuka so much. i didnt see ne reason to like her at all in the entire series. her "cute" moments were nonexistent and her attitude was just plainly rude. its one thing to hold a past, but there could've been some more overt hints that she was remotely interested in the main guy

honoka is the tragic char here, and probably one of the only ones i liked in the entire series.

unfortunately i give this a 6/10..and i generally like romance dramas if i finish them. this time, i completed it solely as a chore
Jan 10, 2011 10:55 AM
Nov 2009
omg, i loved this series but it was not enough for me to stop right there. i HAD to read the more than 50 extra manga chapters that continued where it left off. i also notice that the author took plenty of time to round out the characters in the manga. i mean it is 167 chapters. Some of the character development got left off. For instance, every looks at suzuka as a total bitch! but she's not. she just couldn't comprehend her own feeliings up until past this show. I encourage everyone who was distraught at ending it here to read the manga all the way through.
SPOILER ALERT!
Jan 10, 2011 10:56 AM
Nov 2009
omg, i loved this series but it was not enough for me to stop right there. i HAD to read the more than 50 extra manga chapters that continued where it left off. i also notice that the author took plenty of time to round out the characters in the manga. i mean it is 167 chapters. Some of the character development got left off. For instance, every looks at suzuka as a total bitch! but she's not. she just couldn't comprehend her own feeliings up until past this show. I encourage everyone who was distraught at ending it here to read the manga all the way through.
SPOILER ALERT!
Mar 22, 2011 7:05 PM

Feb 2010
I feel trolled.

The story near the end just dragged on. It was getting too redundant. Every time you think Suzuka is about to move on, she ends up taking three steps back instead. Whatever happened to "facing him off properly?" Instead we get this cheesy scene where dumb guy gets invited to a cemetery where he can listen to more hints about something everybody else knows.

I will gladly remind myself to not watch, or stop watching anime involving "dead bastard obsession syndrome."

I think the only reason why I'm giving this anime a 5/10 is because of Honoka.

I'm not gonna bother with the manga, coz that means I would have to read it from the very beginning. I don't read manga halfway through just so I can have some sort of self-satisfaction over a lame anime ending.
Mar 23, 2011 2:22 PM

Nov 2010
what a baddddddddddddd endingggggggggggg...... arggggggggggg. regret watching this sht.

so the thing that makes suzuka move on is honoka moving on. but suzuka's problem was fear of losing someone again so how does suzuka saying " i cant go out with you senpai" solve that fear.
Mar 27, 2011 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
Ahhhh im only on episode 7 of the show but it was so crappy i was thinking about dropping it so i went to this to know the ending usually i can put up with a romantic anime as long as it has a good ending but some say it sucks some don't either way the main people are together in the end and it holding hands lame it should at least end with a kiss
Jun 30, 2011 8:09 PM

Feb 2011
Bleh series...
Jul 3, 2011 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
It was alright I guess. The ending was predictable like someone said, but I still enjoyed most of the anime. I don't think there should be a Season 2 since the Manga was much more successful than the Anime.

7/10
Hurr durr, I'm a burr.
Jul 11, 2011 2:12 AM
Jul 2010
So, I think you can divide the anime (and the Suzuka character) into 4 segments:

The first 6 episodes are pretty good, culminating with Yamato's confession.

The next 6 episode after the confession, Suzuka begins to become pretty unlikable. The anime still progresses though, and Honoka begins to emerge.

Episodes 13-19 is my favorite segment. It covers the relationship between Yamato and Honoka from kiss the break up (which was probably the part that touched me the most). I think seeing Yamato and Honoka together actually makes Suzuka more comfortable (maybe even a little jealous) and she becomes friendlier with Yamato.

Then the ending. Everything reverts to how they were in the second segment: Honoka likes Yamto; Yamato likes Suzuka; Suzuka likes Kazuki. It may seem that Yamato is more determined in track, but he's still only doing it to impress Suzuka, who is even colder than at any other point in the series. They do get together at the very end, so out of 7 episodes, you get maybe half an episode where they enjoy each others' company.

I really love Honoka in this series, and it sucks that things don't work out for her, but my biggest problem is Yamato. Give him credit for his persistance, but for most of the series, I wanted to pound my head against a wall because of how much he focuses on Suzuka.

I think I just completed the series in four days. I normally don't fly through an anime that fast unless I really like it. I think this time it may be because it was so easy to watch the dub, or because I didn't really enjoy this series.

5/10
Aug 19, 2011 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
It took her long enough. I didn't think she would ever tell him.
Sep 9, 2011 7:21 PM
Feb 2011
For the most part the show was good, story and plot development. But the characters personalities mainly Suzuka, Yamato and Arima were crap. Not much to like about any of them. Arima the typical womanizer, Suzuka the overused and boring Tsundere, and Yamato the idiot who goes from thinking and talking only about others to bragging about himself. Miki had to be my favorite character in the whole anime.

Show was saved by the story. Tho the ending wasn't very emotional or even interesting.

8/10
Oct 25, 2011 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
Episode 9/10

Series 6/10

Was going to give a 5 but it was interesting.

They should follow the manga and re do this.
Nov 22, 2011 9:23 PM
Nov 2011
Lets try to petition for season 2 of Suzuka or much more like a continuation of the manga in the form anime would be really good. Hope you guyz will also favor in making the season 2 in anime form of Suzuka
Dec 19, 2011 5:03 PM

Nov 2011
I would have given this anime a better score if Yamato ended up with Honoka-chan, but throughout the anime I knew he would end up with Suzuka because the anime is titled Suzuka and she's the cover art. My favourite episodes were definitely the episodes when he was dating Honoka-chan.

That said, I want to see how Honoka-chan deals with Yamato's newfound relationship with what's-her-face. What chapter of the manga picks up where the anime left off? I apologize for having to ask the community, I'm just too lazy to go find out myself. :S

EDIT: Never mind, I just read a spoiler that said
. I still want to read the manga though because I want to see what the hell happens to Yamato when
IAmTheMinozaSRDec 19, 2011 5:10 PM
Michael D. Gillis - Mayor of Scrubsville
Jan 11, 2012 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
restore said:
i didnt like suzuka at all, she is cold, unlikable, and indifferent to extremes. this is coming from someone who loves tsundere chars

the main guy was frustrating to watch. it would be easier to like this series if i understood why he LOVED suzuka so much. i didnt see ne reason to like her at all in the entire series. her "cute" moments were nonexistent and her attitude was just plainly rude. its one thing to hold a past, but there could've been some more overt hints that she was remotely interested in the main guy

honoka is the tragic char here, and probably one of the only ones i liked in the entire series.

unfortunately i give this a 6/10..and i generally like romance dramas if i finish them. this time, i completed it solely as a chore

Love is blind. Thats all. Cliche, but they decided to stick with it. Sadly.
I gave it 8/10 myself - and with this story it could have been solid 9. But bad animation and average to bad voice acting drag it down. Even 8/10 feels a bit too much.
AlexGKJan 11, 2012 1:30 AM
Feb 6, 2012 8:18 PM

Mar 2011
One of my favorite animes! They should continue the anime tho .. Didnt want this kind of ending stillz..
Sep 10, 2012 10:48 AM

Sep 2011
From beginning to end, everyone hasn't changed a bit. LOL

Overall, I really liked this series. The ending gave hope for a season 2, but this anime was released in 2005 and now its 2012 so there isn't much hope at all. I guess I'll pick up the manga to see what happens after. =p
Sep 17, 2012 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
A beautiful love story, I was totally stuck in the series after watching the first episodes and watched them one by one after each other. But when it ended I was totally frozen :( what am I to do now?

I really like they way their love struggles, the long road it takes them to finally get close to each other. Sad and beautiful (perfect balance of beauty) "not that i want people to be sad :p"

Can't leave the story behind me so know I'm re-watching it instead :'( want more but I guess I have to read the manga instead too! This anime really left an impact on me!

10/10! Sigh
I like to put my fingers on my midi-keyboard sometimes

https://soundcloud.com/agithascastlemusic
Sep 21, 2012 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
It was pretty good. I honestly think that he should have still picked another girl besides Suzuka. =P

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 9, 2012 2:50 PM
Apr 2010
Bitch mode finally deactivated! >.>
Almost over a half of a whole Suzuka i was talking to myself things like: why the hell you said it?!,. noo don't say anything more you idiot! or (my favourite) now you've done it...
I just can't believe how unrealistic those charas were behaving. Suzuka being bitch over bitches and still earning attention, Akitsuki still going on after her (even after getting five bitchslaps in a row) and saying always - not one word or sentence too many but - whole conversation that mess up everything. ._. tough Hashiba and Hattori were really nice. I would be overjoyed seeing AkitsukixHashiba ending but it was obvious that it won't happen.
Overall despite all this things this show has glued me to PC so giving it 7/10 is fine with me.
ptvOct 9, 2012 3:01 PM
Oct 15, 2012 4:45 PM
May 2010
Well, it wasn't the ending I wanted, but what I expected. To bad, to be honest, it really wasn't a great show.. the characters didn't even change at all, they are exactly the same as they were at the end. I'm glad it's over though, an okay rap up for the show, but I know that the manga takes many more twists and turns.
Dec 28, 2012 3:01 AM

Nov 2012
Not sure what to think of the ending. I hated a lot how they exploited the similarities between Yamato and the dead guy. I mean, I am still not convinced whether Suzuka really likes Yamato for whom he is or because he is like her dead sempai.
At the end, when they where on the grave she said like him beacuse of pretty much the same qualities that make him similar to the dead guy.
I would have prefer a Yamato x Honoka ending better since the love of Honoka feels much more pure and sincere than the one of Suzuka.
Jan 13, 2013 6:24 AM

Jul 2012
Bokura ga Ita had a similar kind of story but I liked it much better, it also had a much better ending compared to Suzuka's, damn was this ending boring. Suzuka was such a bitch and Yamato was such an idiot sometimes. Why Yamato still pursued Suzuka when all she did was reject and yell at him goes beyond my understanding; maybe he's a hardcore masochist, who knows. I'm going to give it a 6 I might drop it to a 5.
Jun 21, 2013 1:21 PM

Mar 2013
I ended up giving this anime a 7, if he had ended up with Honoka I would have been happy to give it an 8. I really don't like Suzuka, she's just a bitch. She's not even a Tsundere. I found her to be really annoying. Plus he likes her because she is good looking. Honoka is such a better choice, plus she actually cares about him. I was hoping he would end up with Honoka but it was pretty obvious he would end up with Suzuka, considering the show is called "Suzuka". They should have done a Honoka ending as well in my opinion. Maybe just like an extra OVA episode like the one in Clannad with Tomoyo.
Jul 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Feb 2013
ShanaFlame said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Why almost all of you were selectively blind to this message, the world can only guess.

Jul 23, 2013 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
All they need is an ova or something to the last episode.
I'd like that.
Happy Halloween
Jul 28, 2013 11:02 PM
Jun 2012
FUck this anime fuck the mangaka fuck who ever hlp for anime and manga published...i wanna kill myself fucking morons 26ep boy just hated and beaten mother fucker writer.. ahhh i cant stand,I want to beat a GIRL BIG TIME...
Aug 14, 2013 5:27 PM

Dec 2012
On to the manga it is!
Aug 26, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
I'm glad that's over with. The main characters in this anime were terrible.

4/10
Oct 23, 2013 7:41 PM

May 2013
lovely ending lovely sereis, i will read the manga for this one, very enjoying love story which keep my attention, very very lovely

but -1 to suzuka thinking about her past senpai is very annoying
therefore

**************** 9/10 **************
Feb 5, 2014 3:08 AM

Jul 2012
This was pleasantly good. I wish the ending showed more aftermath than just a final scene, always a caveat of mine. Giving this an 8/10, it had the potential for a 10 but the back and forth combined with the denseness of Yamato at times just dragged.
Feb 16, 2014 11:09 PM

Oct 2013
-Roach- said:

yeah , more of the same dramas ahha
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2010
A fitting end, just be persistent or tenacious like Yamato and you'll win the heart of a tsundere like Suzuka
I'm glad she finally let her senpai Kazuki go

It was very good romance overall from 2005 and great at times like the bellflower scene with fireflies
The supportive characters like Asahina, sis Miki and bro Yasunobu (not going NTR) were even more likable than the MC's most of the time
Also the side characters like Nana, Miho and the drunken girls were fun and had their good roles

If you didn't like the way "School Days" with Makoto then this one might be a more suitable watch whether tsundere or densenes swould not annoy you
Jun 21, 2014 11:11 PM

Jun 2013
The potential this story had!!!
I'm disappointed. Honoka or Miki ending would have been so much better!
And of course the best ending of them all... Yamato realizing that he does running for himself, dropping all the girls, and proceeding to become the number one sprinter in Japan! That would have been a badass ending!!!

As for this ending... it was meh.

This show had some good moments though so 7/10.
Jul 3, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
Well that certainly was an interesting way to end off the series! I still prefered the Honoka route a lot more but well this was the main girl after all so in the end it was a a happy ending for them at least...

A pretty decent story in general, some aspects were a bit too much recycled but in the end it was a pretty lovely anime! 7/10
Jul 5, 2014 7:49 AM

Jul 2012
Worst ANIME ever
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 8, 2014 7:48 AM

Jun 2014
4/10
Unlikable female lead, she's very cold til the end. I know she can't get over Tsuda but still her coldness is extreme and she needs a lot of push from Honoka to accept Yamato.
Obsessed male lead, he's obsession to Suzuka is annoying really.
Jul 17, 2014 5:30 PM
Apr 2014
Hmm after reading all these I noticed a lot of people don't really like the anime, but personally it is still my favorite out of the 100+ animes I have watched. I have no idea why I love it so much. Despite hating some characters, I love the whole anime and I'm just so personally connected to this anime. Finished my 8th time rewatching!
Aug 8, 2014 6:36 PM
Aug 2014
I dont why people dont like this anime its amazing and i could watch it over and over again
Aug 9, 2014 11:31 AM
Aug 2014
I hate when anime's end like this one, it leaves me with so much suspense of what will what will happen next. I mean when susuka and yamoto, walk off i want to know how their relationship is what what they do next, Also like dragon ball z gt, with goku still young and ending while he can go have more adventures more fights, they really got to change that, atleast give the anime an ending where the characters are done, But anayways i watched suzuka in 1! day thats how much i liked it, DBZ will never stop!!
Aug 20, 2014 3:10 AM

May 2013
Hmm...Suzuka actually gave up on dating a dead person. I didn't like how long it took her to do that at all. Yamato's diligence finally paid off.

Story would of been way better had he dated Miki or took his relationship with Honoka more seriously.

6.6./10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 19 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

28 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 5, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 18 Discussion

22 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 4, 11:36 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 25 Discussion

25 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 22 Discussion

12 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 21 Discussion

14 by kittygirl21 »»
Sep 21, 2023 1:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.