Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2014 9:33 PM

Jan 2013
I loved how it started lol.

On a side note I wonder if one of the spoilers I know of happens next ep, though I'm sure it will.
Feb 12, 2014 3:04 AM

Jul 2012
Imouto is getting more and more likeable.

All antagonists seem to turn into comic relief at least once...and I'm enjoying it.
Feb 12, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2010
What a big brother complex Kasumi-chan has.Imouto power !
Feb 12, 2014 12:22 PM
Feb 2014
Well I thought this episode was pretty good in a couple of reasons. It added to the story development during the beginning and at the middle and end added to the relationship of kagari and takamiya. Honestly I'm a little confused at the genre the anime is listed as, for me this anime is more of a romantic comedy than anything else, and it doesn't really seem like an adventure anime, idk just my opinion.
Feb 12, 2014 1:47 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Medusa is chillin' playing UNO. Got to love her laid back style.

Kagari really put imouto in her place. She's just going to have to give up her oni-chan.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 12, 2014 2:10 PM

Aug 2011
Nice and funny episode with some story progression
Feb 12, 2014 3:41 PM

Sep 2013
Ok so the Workshop placed seals within Honoka to imprison Evermillion. I also noticed that full-power Ayaka looks A LOT like Evermillion, she even had a tiny crown just like Evermillion. I friggin love Kasumi's stupid brother complex.
Old_RavenFeb 12, 2014 5:20 PM
Feb 12, 2014 4:46 PM

Sep 2013
ultra pissed kagari is not to be messed with
my god that dragon was HUGE hahaha

i still don't get the whole medusa thing tbh
is she not evil anymore or something? weird
Feb 12, 2014 5:32 PM

Dec 2011
Funny episode and yep, don't mess with Kagari.
I liked the random appearances of Medusa, the hell she's doing on Takamiya's house?

"Can I be your imouto?" LOL
Feb 12, 2014 8:13 PM

Jul 2013
I really want to know where the plot of this show is going. Seems like its just playing on loop.
Feb 12, 2014 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Witch Craft Works?

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

^ Much like this statement, I'm sure this show has (might have?) underlying meaning and sense, but it's buried so deep that I don't care to dig it up. You might argue that's it's supposed to be loopy and silly or what not, but I must contest that intent does not equal success. Hope those who are enjoying it continue to do so, but this is where we must part (dropped).
-Trippwire-Feb 12, 2014 10:32 PM
Feb 12, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2012
Oh.. the greatness and creepiness of imotou power!
Seems like the sensei is another one of those fake antagonist lol.

Now, a seitokai anime is it? XD
Feb 13, 2014 4:12 AM

Mar 2013
Loving this series more and more as each episode comes out!! So random at the start with Kagari drawing circles on Honoka while he sleeps =3

6th episode in and still waiting for things to fire up is a bit of a downer tho. Just want Kagari to come out of her emotionless state and show how he feels more!!
Feb 13, 2014 6:08 AM
Oct 2011
Hard to imagine that this show is J.C. Staff it feels very different from their usual stuff. Anyway another good episode.
Feb 14, 2014 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
Onii-cha... >.<... Lol.
Okay so he is the student council... but wait what... wth(/f) why is Medusa still there and so layed back... I'm telling yout this anime makes no sense xD. Wth... REALLY? Medusa is at his house and are playing cards?... I give up... gosh.

Lmao her sister was pulled on the ground like a rag :)))...
And omg they are bored locked in the house, seems like they will have a problem with Medusa there if the chairwoman goes there.

And again... that ED.. it's been the 6th episode and I still watch it all the way. Also in the preview it looks like Kagari tries to kiss Takamiya but Takamiya doesn't let her xD.
Feb 14, 2014 8:18 AM

Jul 2010
"My hobbies are wooden dolls and torture." Gotta love the previews for this show!

This is where Kasumi goes over the edge! She is still my least favorite character in the story, but she is funny...

I'm having manga/anime feedback issues, so I'll put this question in spoilers. Don't look unless you are a reader of the manga and have read beyond where the anime is:
Feb 14, 2014 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
woah that moment when kagari come with her full power with that dragon too! XD
woah.. what an episode.. :/ nice anyway :3

wait is medusa at the house?! :O

onee-chan ~
Feb 14, 2014 7:38 PM
Jan 2008
zensunni said:
"My hobbies are wooden dolls and torture." Gotta love the previews for this show!

This is where Kasumi goes over the edge! She is still my least favorite character in the story, but she is funny...

I'm having manga/anime feedback issues, so I'll put this question in spoilers. Don't look unless you are a reader of the manga and have read beyond where the anime is:

Nope, they haven't shown that yet. I believe that

I did some maths and came out with the show needing 15 episodes (14.something actually) to comfortably cover all of the chapters at the rate they've been going (6 episodes for 11 chapters). I wonder what they will squeeze or omit?
Feb 14, 2014 8:40 PM

Mar 2012
Getting real tired of tsun brocons -_- Besides the sister being annoying as hell it was a pretty good episode.
Feb 15, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
Love how Kagari looks when she transforms.

That's all I really got to say for this episode.
Feb 16, 2014 6:47 AM

Jul 2012
Yeah right and some idiot told me that his sister isn't a brocon...

Man this show gets more and more retarded each episode.

She blew up the town with a dragon and no one saw it?!
How many people died because of this?

Argh why do I even bother, this show is 100% braindead bullshit entertainment.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 16, 2014 3:19 PM

Feb 2011
Kasumi-chwan is adorable.
Feb 16, 2014 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
Orsonius said:

First episode had Illusion magic and the 3rd episode explained passive invisibility. Is it so hard to think they do all this while cloaked by magic?
Feb 17, 2014 10:43 AM

Jul 2012
Old_Raven said:
Orsonius said:

First episode had Illusion magic and the 3rd episode explained passive invisibility. Is it so hard to think they do all this while cloaked by magic?

Passive invisibility for humans, but we saw that WITCHES were looking for the culprit.

"Hey how about that huge fucking dragon!?"

"nah it had to be the tower witches"

Illusion magic? Didn't look like it was present during that time, more like a huge fucking dragon fucking up the city with firebeams.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 18, 2014 7:39 PM

Aug 2013
Kagari is a badass, i love her.
My Candies:
Feb 19, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2012
>Medusa playing Uno
LOOOL

Very nice with fancy action episode. Really enjoying how goofy this show is, probably the most fun for me this season.

makarov52 said:
wait is medusa at the house?! :O
If think she's been there since episode 5.
Feb 20, 2014 3:46 AM
Sep 2013
billybob300c said:
1. i stopped watching 1/2 way in this episode. i just realized how dumb/pointless this series is.

2. kagari x takamiya = boring. if i really liked them, then i wouldn't mind if the anime had no direction/story. however, that's not the case for me. kagari = too emotionless/overpowering. takamiya = typical/boring lead.

3. villians = crap. the bad guys talk about doing these sinister stuff for long stretches only to get owned in a couple of miuntes by an overpowering kagari.

4. story = boring/slow paced. seeing an overpowering kagari beat down those pathetic baddies wears out pretty fast. i keep waiting for something big to happen but it never gets there.

5. i should've dropped this series back in episode 2. i think it was the ED song that made me stay. i hate myself for liking such a weird song. next time, shitty 1st episodes = drop. i wish i could get my time back, but meh.

6. i'll pick this anime back up in 2 years if it gets an english dub. i really liked takamiya's sister. too bad she wasn't the main character.

DROPPED

What's worse? Wasting your precious time watching a show you don't like, or using your precious time ranting about it?
Feb 20, 2014 4:43 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

In terms of plot there is a development and I like that, the rest goes to my genius, because more and more depth to the various characters!
Imouto pawa! ASD
The sister is not a mere figure, put there to make up the numbers, I like! : D
Designed well, I realize that JC Staff, wants to use the CG as possible to avoid drawing the rest of the scenery and various people so crude as seen in Golden Time. At least this is my idea! ^ ^ "
Too bad this show is so short.
I await the next episode with a certain curiosity! LOL
Feb 23, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2012
Well this episode was better than usual, I must say.
Mar 2, 2014 9:34 AM
Jan 2010
ayaka titties
Mar 3, 2014 7:24 AM

Aug 2013
''If things get bad, I'll use my Imouto Power!'', that cracked me up xD
Such a crazy sister, I love her.

Poor Takamiya, he's always putted in shitty situation :P

Kagari want him to call her Onee-chan. Such a bad idea, or a good idea if you want to make Kasumi mad xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 9, 2014 3:44 PM

May 2012
07:52 lolwut

12:55 Tanpopo <3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 24, 2014 6:32 AM

Apr 2011
That's some imouto power right there. But not enough to fight an overly pissed fire witch with a beam firing dragon. LOL
Apr 24, 2014 1:15 PM

May 2012
The turn in events in this anime are just awesome!
May 12, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2011
This is probably the first time an "annoying" little sister turned out to be so much fun to watch. Kagari, on the other hand, has a pretty good sense of humor behind that ever-present poker-face of hers.
Jun 21, 2014 2:09 AM
May 2012
Good......good, they are destroying the place that they should be protecting ahahaha.
I really like Kasumi now :3 She is awesome!!

Polarity said:
Not enough Tanpopo-chan.

I find her voice hilarious ahahaha.

xchee said:
The Onee-chan bit and penguin face rub was funny :D

In the previous episode, Medusa was trying to kill them now she's just chilling in their house. So random lol

That penguin face rub was cute~ Kagari is <3

babymilo91 said:
Takamiya's mom immediately awaking after hearing that voicemail lol. Kasumi was funny in this episode. Imouto power!

Yup, next episode should be fun :3
Jun 26, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2012
*Open door
"Ohayo Onii-chaaa-..." xD

Sabe- I mean Takamiya's mom was too quick to sulk

That... She's... Is she really who am I thinking now?
Yurippe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

That was fast!!
That was escalated quicky!!
Meanwhile
Medusa and her subordinates are enjoying life xD

Anyone notice the five tower witches doll??
When the car is flying to the doll shop

Lol Takamiya mother just so... hilarious
"My hobbies are making kokeshi dolls and torturing"
"Signature removed"
Sep 30, 2014 4:06 AM

Jun 2008
This show hardly takes it self seriously but for some reason it a pleasant type of watch. It's really a comedy but the plot even though not taken seriously is actually kind of fun along with the comedy and kind of unpredictable because of how it gets presented.

Old_Raven said:
Ok so the Workshop placed seals within Honoka to imprison Evermillion. I also noticed that full-power Ayaka looks A LOT like Evermillion, she even had a tiny crown just like Evermillion. I friggin love Kasumi's stupid brother complex.

Yes i wonder why she has a crown? Is that because she takes the power from the white staff or that mean something about her power and status?
Oct 12, 2020 6:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The scene with Kasumi and Kagami was really good in terms of visuals wow... Kagami = onee-chan now xD
Sep 6, 2022 9:40 PM

Aug 2019
Mikage reveals himself as a witch but so far with no affiliations other then Kagari labelling him as a "pervert". Some details on the five seals, the pill Takamiya took and Evermilion which was interesting. Kagari and Takamiya now not only have to deal with Tower witches but also the school social system, labelling Takamiya new student council president hopefully solves the issue.

Poor Kasumi, saves her big brother time and time again while also closely watching over him, only for Kagari to sweep the scene. Can't help but feel bad for her, but even if its a major red flag that shes starting to talk to herself to cope, Takamiya really should give her sister a hug or something. Its not everyday someone kidnaps you and says "Now I know my only choice is to run away with you" even if its ur loving sister, i think.

Smash cuts to Medusa and Kuraishi's gang chilling was great, i liked those.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.