Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Suzuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2009 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Knowing that he has to get a good present for Honoka’s birthday, Yamato asks the girls around him on what he should give her. He even turns down a date with Honoka so that he can search for her present. In the end, he asks Suzuka to go shopping with him. The two eventually find a necklace, being sold by the newspaper girl, that Yamato buys.

Meanwhile, Honoka thinks that Yamato has forgotten her birthday until Yuuka tells her that he’s out buying a gift for her. She’s delighted that he hasn’t forgotten until she sees him chatting happily with Suzuka on the street after having bought the necklace. The next day, Yamato presents Honoka with her present, and she’s still quite happy to receive it. Yamato is surprised that Honoka knows that he lied about going out with Yasunobu the day before and about him looking for the gift with Suzuka. But Honoka still doesn’t really seem to mind. It’s not until Yamato starts to talk at length about the time he spent with Suzuka looking for the necklace that Honoka starts to remember how happy he looked when she saw him with Suzuka the day before. Because of this, she gives back the present.

Yamato…is an idiot… Honoka forgave him for lying to her about going out with Yasunobu and even forgave him for going out with Suzuka instead to look for a gift for her. But he had to go and continue talking about his day with Suzuka, and that just blew right up in his face. Granted, taking Suzuka along in the first place probably wasn’t the best idea, but to basically rub in Honoka’s face is a really stupid move on Yamato’s part.
Jul 4, 2010 7:40 AM
Jun 2010
Hmm so annoying that hes so stupid, but uhg, its annoying.

Well... just another 8 more episodes and its kind of obviouse whats going to happen at the end.

Which ever path he takes i dont really care, weather its Sakura, Suzuka or even one of thoe drunken ones i dont care...
May 24, 2011 12:16 AM

Oct 2010
omg. Chills at the end
Jul 10, 2011 7:46 PM
Jul 2010
Wow, everyone kind of lost in this episode. I guess Suzuka made out the best, but so far she's seemed to give a crap about Honoka, so I don't think she's all too pleased with the results.

I wonder if the necklace will come up again...
Sep 9, 2012 10:44 PM

Sep 2011
Man Akitsuki just kept talking... and talking... and talking... Suzuka was right. LOL
Sep 16, 2012 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
It's like Peach Girl with a male Protagonist.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Sep 21, 2012 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
Man, he really messed up this time! But I guess he was just trying to tell her the truth of the matter so its a little reasonable.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Oct 15, 2012 4:52 AM
May 2010
Ugh.. this show is so annoying.. I can't wait to be done with it.. It just hurts me to watch it. I get all frustrated and bothered with all of his stupid actions.

At this point I don't care what girl he takes, I just want the show to be done so I can stop watching. It's getting to hard to deal with it.
Oct 19, 2012 10:33 PM

Apr 2012
niktorak said:
At this point I don't care what girl he takes, I just want the show to be done so I can stop watching. It's getting to hard to deal with it.

I know exactly how you feel man.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Feb 9, 2014 8:38 PM

Oct 2013
now it almost turns into a harem
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 25, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2013
Yamato was a real idiot this episode. Not just because he kept on going on and on about his day with Suzuka but just choosing Suzuka to go pick a present. Like is he serious? He knows Honoka doesn't like him being with Suzuka. He could of gone with his cousin or Yuka or Miki. And isn't it a bit awkward choosing a girl who rejected you for this type of thing?
Jul 3, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2012
Poor Honoka! He really is the worst and doesn't deserve Honoka at all! Way too ruin her birthday... I do wonder what will happen next though.
Jul 7, 2014 6:52 PM

Jun 2014
Its unfair to give all the blame to Yamato, he's sincere for his birthday present to Honoka. But it seems that Honoka can't trust Yamato so its better to break their relationship.
Oct 13, 2014 10:33 PM

Oct 2014
Aww Honoka :'(
Jun 20, 2015 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
RafaelDeJongh said:
Poor Honoka! He really is the worst and doesn't deserve Honoka at all! Way too ruin her birthday... I do wonder what will happen next though.

This
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 24, 2016 4:58 AM

Mar 2014
With MC trying hard , for the second time but It's different , I support him ~ .
Be a good boyfriend ~ !! Somehow . Wait , Honoka Birthday comes first .
"Don't say unnecessary things ." Totally Insensitive MC . Thick-headed .
The doubts are coming. The chances are up for grab ~.
Great Episode . Keep getting brushed off . And it also getting complicated .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2016 9:43 AM
Aug 2016
What did she expect would happen if she forced her feelings onto Yamato when he so clearly still had feelings for Suzuka? Honoka should've seen this coming the moment she had to kiss him to keep him from looking at Suzuka that night on the track. Yamato only gave in to Honoka because he didn't want to hurt her, whether his dumbass could realize that or not.
Dec 29, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
I swear that Yamato gets more and more stupid every episode. His relationship with Honoka is clearly not going to work for either of them, and it's telling that I correctly predicted how this episode would progress after Suzuka agreed to go shopping with him without actually watching anything else. Yamato mainly causes his own problems though, so he's the only one I can really blame right now.
Apr 12, 2017 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
Ah shit, the present backfired, Yamato running his mouth on Suzuka made for an awkward birthday. Damn blockhead MC.
May 8, 2017 11:42 AM
Mar 2015
It's painful to watch Yamato be so stupid, but I guess it's better than just saying all the right things if your heart is really somewhere else. Credit to Honoka for not putting up with the BS. She's definitely strong to be able to know when to let go.
scurvmeisterMay 8, 2017 11:46 AM
Apr 27, 2023 12:18 PM
Feb 2019
why tf that Yamato become more stupid like this
Sep 5, 2023 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
Yamato is a complete idiot.

Team Yamato dying alone.
Check out my anime reviews or my pet will get you: Mezase Pokémon Master
Mar 4, 11:36 AM

Aug 2012
I always feel like there is surely no way that anyone in the real world, even at this age, could be that clueless. I was really enjoying the show before the Hiroshima trip. Now not quite so much. Yamato is just abit too thick and Suzuka completely flipped from being an unnecessarily cold to Yamato to the second he attempts to move on trying to get his attention. Suzuka is quite nasty really when you think about it and I don't think that is the shows intention. Finally while I feel sorry for Honoka it's not like she didn't know what she was getting into. Her aggression in this love triangle may have got her the man but she failed to make him fall for her.

In so many ways this a love triangle clusterfuck lol. Reminds me of KOR and I imagine it'll go the same way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 28, 2009

69 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 6, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 19 Discussion

28 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 5, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 25 Discussion

25 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 22 Discussion

12 by chriskris91 »»
Sep 23, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Episode 21 Discussion

14 by kittygirl21 »»
Sep 21, 2023 1:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.