Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2014 12:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why are Fenalis so badass? Their scarlet hair? :o

The fight was okay imo. Muu and Myron were awesome though. I think Aladdin might of tried to bite off more than he could chew there but his magical skills have drastically improved. I remember when he could barely do a fire spell in the beginning..

Kid grew up in my eyes.
Feb 9, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2007
Aladdin released that seal, not immediately recovery though. Other magicians joined, and war continued. Use of water and lightning still don't stop them. Use of dark magic. Complete recovery took time. Him releasing the power shocking everyone. Even Alibaba, who is not fighting and looking at it from the ship. He was able to stop the war, but not Mamo's character, as he raises his sword.

Looks like Ep.20 won't be aired until the week of February 23, 2014 because of Winter Olympic.
tsubasaloverFeb 16, 2014 12:10 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2014 6:26 AM
Feb 2012
tsubasa, your episode descriptions are hilarious to read. One could even think you don't know any of the characters, seeing how you barely use any names. And who's Mamo? seriously LOL
For the record, I'm not trying to be an asshole here. Just pointing out something that amuses me greatly every single week. So in a sense, thank you!

---
The episode was crap, to be honest. It felt like A-1 wanted to get to Aladdin's part at all costs, sacrificing everything else along the way. And that sure worked. My heart broke several times upon witnessing the slaughter of the characters' dignity. Budget seems to be a huge problem for this studio, as they don't know shit about how to properly utilize it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 9, 2014 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
tsubasalover said:
Aladdin released that seal, not immediately recovery though. Other magicians joined, and war continued. Use of water and lightning still don't stop them. Use of dark magic. Complete recovery took time. Him releasing the power shocking everyone. Even Alibaba, who is not fighting and looking at it from the ship. He was able to stop the war, but not Mamo's character, as he raises his sword.

LOL
anyways didnt watch the ep yet but yea, felt like commenting before watching for a change
Feb 9, 2014 8:42 AM

Sep 2012
Yeah, finally we could see Aladdin as a magi in a real fight!
Can't wait for the next episode
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Feb 9, 2014 10:54 AM

Oct 2011
That was great. Aladdin's 3 ugo sand monsters were sick as hell, their screams were epic. The fanalis corps is meh tho. It'll be cool to see them in another battle maybe.
Feb 9, 2014 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
what an anti climatic way to end it
Feb 9, 2014 11:06 AM

Apr 2013
GuiltyKing said:
The episode was crap, to be honest. It felt like A-1 wanted to get to Aladdin's part at all costs, sacrificing everything else along the way. And that sure worked. My heart broke several times upon witnessing the slaughter of the characters' dignity. Budget seems to be a huge problem for this studio, as they don't know shit about how to properly utilize it.
this certainly sounds like what they did with season 1.. spent all their budget on the first cour which was really good in order to attract viewers, then it ended poorly with sub-par animation and adaptation.
Feb 9, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2013
Look like Muu is getting ready eheh
Feb 9, 2014 12:01 PM

May 2013
Fanalis is life <3. I miss Morg though.
R- said:
what an anti climatic way to end it
It's not over yet.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Feb 9, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
^^ by far
Feb 9, 2014 1:08 PM

Sep 2011
tsubasalover said:
Use of dark magic.

Wrong, they used "chikara mahou", which means power/strength magic. Meaning they used brute force to crack the borgs.
Feb 9, 2014 1:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The Fanalis, that raw power. Incredible. Luckily for Magnostadt, Aladdin releases his Magi power just in time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 9, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2013
The episode seemed kind of rushed, and it was a bit cheesy. The war in season 1 wasn't good, and it seems like this one was suffering from the same problem.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2014 1:36 PM

Jun 2013
Fanalis Corps are so cool XD
We see Alibaba but no Morg yet!
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Feb 9, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
This episode was fucking awesome, even though I read it last year in the manga, I was still on the edge of my seat watching it.
Feb 9, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Fingers crossed for Alibaba full djinn equip next episode :3
Feb 9, 2014 2:01 PM

May 2013
Epic episode c:
Feb 9, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2012
Damn somebody stop little Aladdin, he's crazay.

The Fanalis corps are too brutal lol, that guy just squished a magician's head.
Feb 9, 2014 2:13 PM
Feb 2012
FingerMove said:
tsubasalover said:
Use of dark magic.

Wrong, they used "chikara mahou", which means power/strength magic. Meaning they used brute force to crack the borgs.

They didn't use brute force in the traditional meaning. Strength magic is one of the eight types of magic, so they did use magic to crack open those Borgs.
Minagatachi said:
The episode seemed kind of rushed, and it was a bit cheesy. The war in season 1 wasn't good, and it seems like this one was suffering from the same problem.

The "war" in season one never happened in the manga. Of course it was bad. And this Reim/Magnostadt war is *a lot* better in the manga, so I really recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy the full experience of it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Feb 9, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2013
Great episode. Just goes to show how awesome Aladdin is. The Fanalis Corps are awesome too. Can't wait for the next episode.
Feb 9, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2012
Looks the the leader of the Fanalis Corps might try to kill Aladdin next ep. I hope Alibaba reaches in time.

I also heard that episode 20 will be delayed till the 23rd. I hope I was being trolled.
AichiroFeb 9, 2014 2:35 PM
Feb 9, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
Mu, Muron and Rohroh nearly broke through the second barrier with strength magic, they are pretty tough, a three man army. The Ugo golems looked mighty strong and Aladdin did a good job to voice his opinion - though it looks like Mu is not having any of this shit ;P

I heard Magi will take a break next week :/
Feb 9, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2011
Oh damn Aladdin revealing himself as a Magi. Is the flow of Rukh too much for Aladdin? So he had to release some of it then? Muu is not fazed. Hope to see Alibaba in action next time.

GuiltyKing said:
And who's Mamo? seriously LOL

Tsubasa is referring to Muu who's voice actor is Mamoru Miyano aka Mamo.
AnimeFan500Feb 10, 2014 7:00 AM
Feb 9, 2014 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
we all know some Leam soldiers sufficated under that sand.
Feb 9, 2014 3:54 PM

Jul 2010
Aladdin OPOP.Now give Alibaba some time to shine :D and show us Mor? like, we really need to see her.
Also, i might be weird but i dont really like Fanalis guys too much.They are strong yeah...but thats all.
Feb 9, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2013
And the djinn equip extravaganza begins..,
Really great to see Aladdin as a magi again, very good episode with solid animation.
Feb 9, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
where do you guys watch the episodes, just curious. I usually wait for onepieceofbleach to upload since they're quality is always really good.
Feb 9, 2014 4:28 PM

Jun 2012
10:27 mark Mu shoots a wolf head. Hmm, I wonder...
Feb 9, 2014 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/6151/12-173.0/compressed/m008.jpg?v=11360559831

5 points to anyone can tell me what's missing from the anime based on this image?

The episode was better than the last, but if they don't step up their game soon, it's gonna stay mediocre.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Feb 9, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was AMAZING. Aladdin is my favorite character of all times in the battle shounen terms. He is so powerful right now, he can annihilate anything, but still, his morality tells him not to do that. I love that. Masterpiece. 10/10.
IronLobster said:

5 points to anyone can tell me what's missing from the anime based on this image?
Blood and gore. And I am happy it is missing.
Feb 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Jul 2012
So after all of Aladdin's words and actions the captain still continues to put up a fight.

Great episode!!!
Feb 9, 2014 5:57 PM

Apr 2007
What an excellent episode...crushing their fighting spirits instead. Wow, simply amazing. That will show those cocky fanalis corps....hopefully :P
Feb 9, 2014 6:08 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode. I was quite moved in the end. Aladdin is hella badass.

I gotta watch another Miyano Mamoru show now...Nobu the Fool time!
Feb 9, 2014 7:10 PM

Mar 2008
Goddamnit... Titus charges Myron and then disappears without a trace. Haven't seen that sort of grating misdirection in ages.

Can't say this war has been too great. At least the ED has that schnazzy start.
Feb 9, 2014 8:10 PM

Apr 2013
lupadim said:
This episode was AMAZING. Aladdin is my favorite character of all times in the battle shounen terms. He is so powerful right now, he can annihilate anything, but still, his morality tells him not to do that. I love that. Masterpiece. 10/10.
IronLobster said:

it makes it 10x better, why would u be happy its missing?
Feb 9, 2014 8:42 PM

Jul 2009
GuiltyKing said:
tsubasa, your episode descriptions are hilarious to read. One could even think you don't know any of the characters, seeing how you barely use any names. And who's Mamo? seriously LOL
For the record, I'm not trying to be an asshole here. Just pointing out something that amuses me greatly every single week. So in a sense, thank you!

---

lol it is quite funny. Mamo is Mu's voice actor. Mamoru Miyano
Feb 9, 2014 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
I liked that episode, been waiting for Aladdin's epic revelation as a Magi. The warring ideology aspect is touched upon again, which is cool, but could have been explored more. Sheherazade's character still doesn't make much sense from up in her high horse.

On another note, I find the Fanalis people's strength hard to take seriously. They're more like an immortal legion of brutes than humans who happen to be stronger than the other humans. I thought so ever since that episode in s1 when Morgiana takes an arena full of beasts without breaking a sweat.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 9, 2014 10:39 PM
Aug 2011
It's odd sometimes they are willing to show the gore (kinda) and others they show none of it. I think the scene in the first episode had everyone expecting "more" from Alibaba. Even so this episode was fine. I won't complain about manga differences because honestly as long as they avoid what they did last season I will be happy.
Feb 9, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2009
as a new manga reader (caught up last week)... meh lol. dont feel as butt hurt as some people here though.
the episode was pretty much what happened in the manga. ost was kind of lame. it didnt pack quite the punch but w/e. im hoping all the budget will be poured into the big fight.
Feb 9, 2014 11:17 PM

Feb 2012
Why did it end that way, so many cliffhangers T_T
Feb 10, 2014 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
fullmetalbender said:
On another note, I find the Fanalis people's strength hard to take seriously. They're more like an immortal legion of brutes than humans who happen to be stronger than the other humans.

I'm pretty sure that was the intended purpose.

Feb 10, 2014 12:08 AM
Sep 2012
This episode is much better than last week, more intense and the fight has a good 'battle oomph'. However the animation quality still wandered off at some parts, so it's not as perfect as I hoped.

Glad that the first scene from eps 1 finally arrive, though it's not as epic as I thought it would be. I guess my expectation was a little too high. I'm not disappointed though, cause I really like the way Aladin handled the situation. And finally Mu has a good shot, here and there ;)

Now what will Mu and Alibaba and the Kou gang (considering Kouha is already lurking in the area) do next? I'm guessing something to do with Metal Vessels, and nope, I havent read the manga that far. So whether that's a spoiler or not, I can't even tell :). I restraint myself from spoiling my own fun, I usually continue my chapters only after finishing an episode.
Feb 10, 2014 12:13 AM

Dec 2012
IronLobster said:
fullmetalbender said:
On another note, I find the Fanalis people's strength hard to take seriously. They're more like an immortal legion of brutes than humans who happen to be stronger than the other humans.

What, to establish them as superhumans??
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
fullmetalbender said:
IronLobster said:
fullmetalbender said:

Perhaps. I won't spoil it for you, but the Fanalis are more than one may think.

Feb 10, 2014 1:59 AM

Nov 2007
GuiltyKing said:

Mamo is Mamoru Miyano's nickname. I use seiyuu's name for the character (and I check the characters constantly) so that I try not to break the forum rule because I can only do summary for my comment.

FingerMove said:
tsubasalover said:
Use of dark magic.

Ah I see, I wasn't sure, but I saw its dark aura releasing when the power of the equipment is released.
tsubasaloverFeb 10, 2014 2:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 10, 2014 2:05 AM

Dec 2012
IronLobster said:
fullmetalbender said:
IronLobster said:
fullmetalbender said:

Perhaps. I won't spoil it for you, but the Fanalis are more than one may think.
Ohhh, so there is more to it. That's good.
Anime List

✨☆✨

Feb 10, 2014 3:21 AM

Aug 2012
Sourire said:
lupadim said:
IronLobster said:

it makes it 10x better, why would u be happy its missing?
Because Magi is not the kind of anime that relies on gore to survive.
Feb 10, 2014 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Aladdin had remove his seal! Three titansUgo, This is Aladdin's Wisdom.
FTW Aladdin!
Feb 10, 2014 3:46 AM
Nov 2013
It's about time these guys realize the power of Aladdin! Push em' back to where they came!

So epic.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.