Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ever since Kenji’s accident, Nanami hasn’t been going to school, and is instead spending her time by his bedside. But despite how much she talks to him and wants him to wake up, he stays in his comatose state. Summer turns to fall, and fall turns to winter. Everyone seems to be moving on in their own way: Hiromi is making new friends at her new home, Hikari is studying for college, Misora is back at her own home, and Tae is getting ready to work after graduation.

Finally, one snowy day in December, Nanami’s emotions burst as she cries and asks for Kenji to wake up because his debts have accumulated up to 100 (remember back in episode three when Kenji tapped Nanami’s hairpin, she took offense and said he owed her, and then in episode eight Kenji tried to present Nanami with the blue hairpin as compensation, but they ended up agreeing that when the debts accumulated to 100, one would listen to anything the other had to say).

When spring comes, Nanami returns to school again, having cut her hair short. But since she missed so much school before, she’s held back in the second year, though she ends up in Suzuka’s class. Spring becomes summer and Nanami hangs both hairpins onto a bell and hangs it up as a wind chime. She remembers one time in her childhood when, because of the 100 debt deal they made, Kenji told Nanami that he liked her and she returned the feelings. Back then, they both quickly took it back, but Nanami admits now that it was a lie because she really does love him. A strong wind starts to blow the bell, so Nanami goes over to close the window.

But then from behind her, she hears a voice say that it’s a good sound - Kenji’s voice. With tears in her eyes and in disbelief, Nanami tightly hugs a smiling Kenji. In the aftermath, Kenji recovers and eventually leaves the hospital. We see he and Nanami are enjoying lamune on the beach, but Nanami is unable to pop open her bottle. Kenji does it for her, but accidentally squirts some on her face. She tells him that it’s another debt, and the two enjoy the view of the ocean and the sky, together as a couple.
Oct 17, 2009 2:50 AM

Apr 2008
So,basicly you've told us about the entire episode.
exciting? not really
Regarding this serie all over,it I think it barely made it through. The art was bad,baaad. The story would be so-so,nothing special about it, allthough you felt like you missed alot the entire serie through. Not impressed
Nov 27, 2009 1:57 PM

Jun 2009
good series..i enjoyed every second of it and it didn't get boring even a single episode..i love love love this series..a simple story but delivers a warm in viewers heart..i like the final episode and its definitely one of my favorites....10/10 for me.. XD
Apr 22, 2010 8:53 PM

Jul 2009
g0ng0n16 said:
good series..i enjoyed every second of it and it didn't get boring even a single episode..i love love love this series..a simple story but delivers a warm in viewers heart..i like the final episode and its definitely one of my favorites....10/10 for me.. XD

Agreed

This is exactly what I look for in a slice-of-life romance anime. I loved how each episode included a portion dedicated to the past. While the art, music, and overall presentation might have been lacking, the easy going tempo of each episode made the series quite enjoyable.
Aug 8, 2010 4:48 PM

Nov 2008
A great series.
The art was kind of reminiscent of 80's American toons but the story was excellent.
I spent the last episode on the edge of my seat waiting to see how it ends.
Animation aside, I give this one a 10/10 and rank it one of the best slice of life stories I have seen so far.
Oct 4, 2010 5:24 PM

Feb 2010
would be perfect if there was a kiss >< 9/10 LOL

Do you like or wish for the Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade pairing from Angel Beats? Or just love both characters?
Then Join the club ^^:The Otonashi X Tachibana Kanade Club

Jan 15, 2011 1:49 AM
Feb 2010
wow... I have to take a deep breath before I'll write this, because I just finished watching this ep...
It's hard to avoid writing a summary of this ep, but I was so depressed when Kenji was in coma... I cried when Nanami tried to not give up and did everything she could to believe that some day Kenji will wake up. Finally when this happened, I felt so happy that I cried of joy.
In the end.. when they were sitting on the beach, together again... drinking this lemonade... I realised that kissing isn't the most important thing in love... Love isn't all about it.... If he didn't wake up..... it would be cruely unfair ending... but... it's so pleasant.. so warm... the pain of sadness has dissaperaed... everything is perfect... They are together.... They are in love...
And that is how I imagine perfect ending. Without suggesting anything. It's just an end of the story. Perfect. They will live after, but for us is to know that this part of story ends well. I'm so glad.
Jan 20, 2011 5:55 AM
Aug 2007
Stratfield said:
wow... I have to take a deep breath before I'll write this, because I just finished watching this ep...
It's hard to avoid writing a summary of this ep, but I was so depressed when Kenji was in coma... I cried when Nanami tried to not give up and did everything she could to believe that some day Kenji will wake up. Finally when this happened, I felt so happy that I cried of joy.
In the end.. when they were sitting on the beach, together again... drinking this lemonade... I realised that kissing isn't the most important thing in love... Love isn't all about it.... If he didn't wake up..... it would be cruely unfair ending... but... it's so pleasant.. so warm... the pain of sadness has dissaperaed... everything is perfect... They are together.... They are in love...
And that is how I imagine perfect ending. Without suggesting anything. It's just an end of the story. Perfect. They will live after, but for us is to know that this part of story ends well. I'm so glad.

This is exactly what i was thinking! lol it was soo nice and sweet! >o<!! ahhh lolol cried so much lol it was so saddening but it was so nice in the end x3!! so sweet lol xD Lemune~
Jan 21, 2011 1:41 PM

May 2010
thank god he wasn't dead xD i was like wake up kenji wake up the whole time. i really liked how they added in that favor thing all the way through the end too. excellent anime though, these are exactly the kind that i'm looking for.
Mar 13, 2011 12:15 PM

Aug 2010
Yatta! He is not dead I first thought he won't wake up anymore. I'm afraid that Nanami will be lonely. I'm so happy and at the ending Ken's father confessed to Nanami's mother. That was really cute scene even it's short. Wow! I love this show I enjoyed every episode. I'm now thinking why is this series not getting popular.
The people might said the storyline is not strong or the plot but for me it is very good anime. Very calm anime you don't have nothing worry, nothing to be serious (except the two last episode) I give it for 10 out 10.
FTW!
Aug 31, 2011 6:16 PM
Apr 2011
This is easily one of the best harem romance animes I've ever watched. A main guy who can actually hold his own with the women, is pretty cool, isn't a total wuss, and has a playful jerk side. A main girl who is truly kind and understanding and isn't some tsundere/bitch cunt. Character personalities that aren't retarded caricatures. Yep, this series is a real gem from start to finish.
Oct 24, 2011 12:03 PM

Feb 2010
Man, I kinda wish Kenji wouldn't wake up. That would make one fucked up romance anime. XD But I'm happy that he woke up, so no worries.

4/5 episode
7/10 series

btw it's so fucked up to have a family member in coma. You don't have any clue if he ever wakes up.
(afaik it's very unlikely for people to wake up from comas, is that correct?)
Dec 1, 2011 2:50 PM

Oct 2009
Correct.
My husband and I have actually each lost a previous lover who went to coma first.
It all depends oneverything. minor thing or dr induced have better chances butfor the most part if its bad enough for coma its too bad to survive. From what I understand anything past 36 hours that isnt dr induced is near hopeless.
Someone must be about to die: they're playing j-pop disco! -Frohike
Jan 12, 2012 12:31 PM
Sep 2011
I really enjoyed this anime.
White the previous episodes were softer, things got serious when Kenji had this accident, but everything ended well.
Jul 18, 2012 4:59 PM

May 2012
I'm glad it had a happy ending. I just hate when a romance anime has a sad ending... :)

Jan 23, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2012
Hmm decent ending was a happy ending but lacked at least one kiss or something proper in their relationship.. either way nice but rather boring and slow paced anime but still in global a nice story 6/10
Jul 30, 2013 2:22 PM

May 2013
Nice series.
Nov 23, 2013 7:49 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Glad to know Kenji woke up. He was tending to Nanami's garden, and on his way to the hospital he gets in an accident, and actually goes to the hospital either way. Nanami skips school due to visiting Kenji who is in a coma in the hospital, and in the process repeats her 2nd year with Suzuka. To me this romance between Nanami and Ken was warm and interesting to watch. Both were shy to admit their feelings to each other. Last, we have Ken's father and Nanami's mother who seem to have a romantic thing going on. Very nice ending, and LOL at Ken opening the lamune bottle which pops open and hits Nanami who goes on to give a cute pout face

Underrated anime, yes, and a true definition of what a slice of life anime is.

7/10 in my book.

Dec 19, 2013 8:00 AM

Jun 2011
Not gonna lie, this series took me 4 years to complete because i kept losing interest in it. However the last 3 episodes were quite good.

Pretty average anime, 6/10
Mar 19, 2014 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Another anime which I gave second chance, and I'm not disappointed. 8/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 20, 2014 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
( ; when Ken-chan woke up! Good ending, ordinary, but nice. It was great that there wasn't any kiss at all, because the series doesn't even need it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 20, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
The firsr 9 episodes of lamune were generic and mediocre at best, however the last 3 episodes were fantastic and brought this anime froma 5 to a 7 for me.:)
7/10
Jan 18, 2015 4:26 PM

Dec 2013
So he was unconscious for over half year? How
Nanami looks better with shorter hair.
Pretty meh episode but it was ok as an ending.
Kenji's father has fallen for the milf lul

Now for the summary: shit art and animation, ok OST, dumb characters but slice of life and countryside just does it for me.
May 18, 2015 7:55 PM
Mar 2015
I thought this was perfect until it was evident that it was their parents that were going to be getting together and the two that I thought were the cutest couple, possibly in anime history, were relegated to being step-siblings. for me that ruined a perfect story :(
Dec 11, 2015 4:50 PM

Jan 2010
The last episodes were really what i searched for in a romance anime for the last 5 years after i finished Clannad...incredible TBH...i would have never expected this from this anime if you asked me on episode 7 let's say.

It was amazing...cute...incredibly awesome...i just am at a loss of words.

Cutest couple in anime history really, along Tomoya and Nagisa from Clannad..

This episode left me in such a tense feeling, until Kenji finally woke up...second time i cried in a 12 episode series..
Ending was beautifully made too.

Any romance anime should be like this...i really don't get why it has such a low score on MAL.

5/5 for the episode 10/10 for the series and a favorite from me! Congratulations to the writers :), and to me for finally checking this anime after letting it on my plan to watch for a lot of time.

I love these guys!
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 8, 2016 11:29 PM

Jul 2015
Really solid ending. Really enjoyed this series! 8/10
Apr 8, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2013
Great anime overall.
I'm glad he woke up and that they are together, their parents are in love too,that's nice.
I would have liked to see more of their childhood instead of seeing stupid Sakura making Nanami sad.
Oct 17, 2016 1:44 AM

Apr 2012
That was nice ride from beginning to the end.

Sadly no kiss ending but at least they know they love each other.

Overall is a good Anime from decade ago, glad i pick up this
8/10

Jan 9, 2017 4:29 AM
Sep 2015
Is anybody know what song is when they are dancing??
Mar 20, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
While everyone moves on, Nanami's desperate to where she even repeats a grade just to be with Kenji, that's determination. Eventually he wakes up so that's good, but they're still embarrassed being as a couple lol.

Overall, as is almost every SoL, I fell asleep on almost every ep.

5/10
May 22, 2017 10:39 AM

Feb 2017
I really liked this, a relaxing anime and a heartwarming tale with lovable characters.

Though I wanted a damn kiss ending!!!
Nov 13, 2017 12:46 AM

Sep 2014
The ending was sweet and heartwarming. This show clearly surpassed my expectations. After going through some reviews i thought this show isn't worth watching but now I'm glad i made the right choice. The characters were likeable and fun to watch and the plot was simple yet interesting. Cute moments between Konoe-san and Tomosaka-kun were absolutely delightful.
Overall I loved this show and it was great experience. Also this show is a perfect example that 'true love' can be expressed without ecchi or kissing scenes.
May 9, 2018 8:32 AM

Nov 2008
Those twe are the definition of True love.
May 24, 2018 12:33 AM
Apr 2018
A-Knight said:
This is easily one of the best harem romance animes I've ever watched.
... Yep, this series is a real gem from start to finish.

There is only one side love from Sakura, why you called it harem?

Why there is love between Kenji's dad and Nanami's mom in the last episode? lol There was no romantic interactions between them in 11 episodes! And Boom! You looking for this? lol

What is the problem with Japanese? In Japan, step siblings can get married?
LeTunKit96May 24, 2018 7:47 AM
Apr 19, 2019 7:46 AM
Jan 2019
You keep getting a flashback about Sakura telling them they should finally come to terms how they feel about each other, but never happens. Hope they do before their parents get hitched.
Aug 19, 2019 5:48 PM

Jun 2019
Even though I knew Kenji would probably wake up this was still a pretty tense and somber episode.

I really liked seeing how all the characters were doing, and I was surprised just how faithful Nanami was. Although I would've liked a kiss.

Looked like Kenji's dad was crushing on Nanami's mom! I though something like that might happen.

All in all this was a decent final episode for a decent series. Although it took a few months to finish. I stumbled across this gem on YouTube in March and started watching it, but I stopped in April cause I couldn't find the last two episodes with English subs. But I finally found them today and I'm glad I did.
Wicker_Senpai93Aug 19, 2019 5:57 PM
Jan 13, 2022 3:09 PM

Sep 2012
alidar81 said:
You keep getting a flashback about Sakura telling them they should finally come to terms how they feel about each other, but never happens. Hope they do before their parents get hitched.

It's very clear that they have already come to terms with their feelings for each other. Of course you don't really see them confess face to face but it's so obvious that they don't really need to, for them to become an official couple.

Takeru17 said:
I thought this was perfect until it was evident that it was their parents that were going to be getting together and the two that I thought were the cutest couple, possibly in anime history, were relegated to being step-siblings. for me that ruined a perfect story :(

Cmon, this is stupid. They're already an established couple who really love one another. Why does it matter if they become step siblings in the future? It's just a name and by law in Japan, they're absolutely allowed to married since they're not blood related. So I don't really get what difference it makes.

But man, this anime sure made me cry really hard.
FlamingMangosJan 13, 2022 8:22 PM
Apr 9, 2022 11:18 AM

Aug 2014
Positives:

- Its a nice simple anime.

- As always, in anime, I love country settings in summer.

- There was Romantic-progress.

- Anime has a relaxing feel to it.

- Most of the episodes were sweet episodes, it was nice.

Negatives:

- The anime can get boring since its episodic and sometimes slow-paced, and this can ruin the enjoyment of it. The anime should have been 10 episodes, and not 12 episodes
oooo3333Mar 27, 8:31 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lamune Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2009

18 by Hahi-no-Tenshi »»
May 6, 2022 8:02 AM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 10 Discussion

14 by Pakke »»
May 11, 2019 1:51 PM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 9 Discussion

9 by Zinle »»
May 11, 2019 1:27 PM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 3 Discussion

9 by KenShiRo-Sama »»
May 5, 2018 8:48 PM

Poll: » Lamune Episode 1 Discussion

jacobpaige - May 19, 2008

23 by KenShiRo-Sama »»
May 5, 2018 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.